PDA

View Full Version : Be prepared to wander the wilderness the next couple years

Dawgology
01-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Maybe 7 wins next year probably less than that the year after that. Until we get a different coach or he magically gets the players with the genius IQ to run his offense.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Who exactly are you recruiting for?

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Cohen better have a quick trigger.

Today was bad. Iowa had less than 200 yards of total offense & scored 27 points.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Maybe 7 wins next year probably less than that the year after that. Until we get a different coach or he magically gets the players with the genius IQ to run his offense.

Garrett Shrader

bobtail bob
01-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Bad hire he was and we are about to pay for it

msstate7
01-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Cohen better have a quick trigger.

Today was bad. Iowa had less than 200 yards of total offense & scored 27 points.

See the difference in how aTm and we looked. Y'all nuts for saying jimbo overrated and Moorhead next big thing

Sacrifice
01-01-2019, 03:39 PM
If fell sorry for whoever plays QB for us next season with our current WR group. It's that bad!

MetEdDawg
01-01-2019, 03:40 PM
See the difference in how aTm and we looked. Y'all nuts for saying jimbo overrated and Moorhead next big thing

TAMU has talent on offense. Tons of talent actually. I would have switched offensive personnel with them in a heartbeat to start the season.

Quaoarsking
01-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Shrader better be good. Moorhead's career depends on it.

Coursesuper
01-01-2019, 03:42 PM
I'll agree here. This staff will not have the defense to use as a crutch next year. You can say there won't be much drop off but your wrong. If we win seven it will be a really good year.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Yep. Moorhead's Big10 RPO shit ain't going to work. And he's clearly too stubborn to lean on our strengths. We should have backed up the Brinks truck for Mullen. 10 mil, whatever it took. The only way you go 8-5 with this year's team is if you're a guy not ready to be a HC.

Political Hack
01-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Bama, LSU, and A&M are all about to cement themselves ahead of us in the west for the foreseeable future. Ark, Aub will challenge us too. Thank God for Ole Miss.

BuckyIsAB****
Garrett Shrader

He wont be ready for 2 years

msstate7
TAMU has talent on offense. Tons of talent actually. I would have switched offensive personnel with them in a heartbeat to start the season.

They ran with their RBs bc that was their strength. Our RBs had 19 carries. Fitz had 20. aTm RBs has 30 carries to mond's 5. Jimbo schemes better

CadaverDawg
01-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Bama, LSU, and A&M are all about to cement themselves ahead of us in the west for the foreseeable future. Ark, Aub will challenge us too. Thank God for Ole Miss.

They'll cheat enoughto pass us too eventually. We're ****ed

BuckyIsAB****

Jimbo is very overrated. Moorhead beat Jimbo I know hes your boy but he aint it

parabrave
JOMO and his O staff might be a bunch of intellectuals but THEORY and reality are 2 different things. If you can't teach your personnel you high IQ offense than you need to find someone who can or change it. JOMO you might want to talk to Coach O because he gets it.

BuckyIsAB****
01-01-2019, 03:45 PM
They ran with their RBs bc that was their strength. Our RBs had 19 carries. Fitz had 20. aTm RBs has 30 carries to mond's 5. Jimbo schemes better

I do agree with this. It is mind boggling to me how we refuse to hand the ball to our best players

ShotgunDawg

Mond is way better than anything we have at QB. That's not Moorhead's fault... yet

msstate7
Jimbo is very overrated. Moorhead beat Jimbo I know hes your boy but he aint it

We'll see. Tell you what, ban bet right now on win total next year. They even play Clemson.

ShotgunDawg

A&M has a QB that can throw & better WRs. It's that simple

MetEdDawg
01-01-2019, 03:46 PM

Wrong. Jimbo has a QB that knows how to read a defense. Moorhead has a running back playing QB. The only thing you need to know about this situation are the comments where Fitz said he didn't really understand learning to read a defense until around the LSU game. Dude went 4 and a half years without understanding how to read a defense.

But Jimbo schemes better? Get out with that. Jimbo has better players and anyone on this board that wouldn't take Mond over Fitz is an idiot. We go 10-2 with Mond at QB

msstate7
01-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Wrong. Jimbo has a QB that knows how to read a defense. Moorhead has a running back playing QB. The only thing you need to know about this situation are the comments where Fitz said he didn't really understand learning to read a defense until around the LSU game. Dude went 4 and a half years without understanding how to read a defense.

But Jimbo schemes better? Get out with that. Jimbo has better players and anyone on this board that wouldn't take Mond over Fitz is an idiot.

What about defense?

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 03:48 PM

Well, we DID beat A&M.

Quaoarsking
01-01-2019, 03:49 PM
He wont be ready for 2 years

Based on what? Freshman QBs have succeeded all over college football lately, including at blue blood programs.

If Shrader (or another QB) leads us to a winning season next year and shows flashes of brilliance and hope for being even better in the future, the fanbase will rally around Moorhead. If not, Cohen's going to have some very difficult decisions to make in late 2020.

parabrave
01-01-2019, 03:49 PM

But Jimbo schemes better? Get out with that. Jimbo has better players and anyone on this board that wouldn't take Mond over Fitz is an idiot. We go 10-2 with Mond at QB

Well I bet That Jimbo, and other coaches Don't give their QBS so many options that it confuses the shit out of every player.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2019, 03:50 PM
What about defense?

Ours is way better. But we gave Iowa 2 possessions inside our own 40 from turnovers and had another turnover in the end zone. Tons of 3 and outs. Defense was gassed today.

msstate7
Well, we DID beat A&M.

We wouldn't now. They'd beat the F out of us. Fitz played out of his mind in that game. Fitz had a 186 rating in that game. Fitz won that game

Dawgology
Based on what? Freshman QBs have succeeded all over college football lately, including at blue blood programs.

If Shrader (or another QB) leads us to a winning season next year and shows flashes of brilliance and hope for being even better in the future, the fanbase will rally around Moorhead. If not, Cohen's going to have some very difficult decisions to make in late 2020.

Because a 5th year senior couldn’t understand the Moorhead offense. I doubt seriously a true freshman will.

Dawgology
01-01-2019, 03:51 PM
We wouldn't now. They'd beat the F out of us. Fitz played out of his mind in that game. Fitz had a 186 rating in that game. Fitz won that game

You are correct. Another problem is that Fitz only “shows up” for about 2 games a year.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Well I bet That Jimbo, and other coaches Don't give their QBS so many options that it confuses the shit out of every player.

You would be wrong. Jimbo runs pro style. Multiple WR progressions and makes his QBs read defenses and beat them with their arm. Moorhead wants the same. That's why we lost to Kentucky and Florida because that's what Moorhead tried to do to Fitz. He couldn't do it because Mullen called the option and gave Fitz little to no ability to call the play. It goes in, you change if you need to, and you do what Mullen says. That's how you get a RS senior QB that can't throw a football

Quaoarsking
01-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Because a 5th year senior couldn’t understand the Moorhead offense. I doubt seriously a true freshman will.

I don't agree with that at all. Fitz had never played in an offense like this before at all and just couldn't handle it. It doesn't mean that another QB can't though. Moorhead's offense isn't unique or particularly unusual, so there's no reason that other non-Fitz QBs can't pick it up, especially if they've run some similar concepts in high school like Shrader has.

ScoobaDawg
If fell sorry for whoever plays QB for us next season with our current WR group. It's that bad!

I don't yes. we had some bad drops but if we have a truly quality passer that can hit spots on the dime and know when to lead and when to back shoulder or when to put it on a dime in double coverage. our wr's are fine.
Oh f*ck.

I don't think we are gonna have one of those... Garrett can't come in and be that talented...he needs a year. Fields is evidently a pipe dream. KT ain't the answer...and neither is anyone else on staff.

Well sh!t you might be right.

dawg1
Joe?s Offenses put up tons of points everywhere he has been. He has to have something besides an option QB to run it but it works.

BuckyIsAB****
01-01-2019, 03:55 PM

I do agree with the last part but hes not ready based on watching him play. He has a chance to be good but hes not good enough to play over Thompson

parabrave
God next year is going to suck.

DownwardDawg
I?m not ready to jump on the ?fire Moorehead? bandwagon yet, but I lost a lot more faith in him today. This team lacks discipline, receivers can?t catch, QB has not gotten any better. Etc.
We looked really embarrassing today.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2019, 03:56 PM
I don't agree with that at all. Fitz had never played in an offense like this before at all and just couldn't handle it. It doesn't mean that another QB can't though. Moorhead's offense isn't unique or particularly unusual, so there's no reason that other non-Fitz QBs can't pick it up, especially if they've run some similar concepts in high school like Shrader has.

This all day but people don't get this. He played QB one year in high school in triple option. He played 4 years under Mullen I'm a read offense where the reads and throws are mostly pre determined. Moorhead's offense isn't insanely hard. It's just not one that Fitz ever played with ever.

BuckyIsAB****
01-01-2019, 03:56 PM

Yeah they do. Mullen doesnt thats what hurt Fitz

parabrave
01-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Yeah they do. Mullen doesnt thats what hurt Fitz

Because Mullen knew what he had to work with and designed the Offense around his abilities, Like most successful coaches do. Non successful coaches try to pound square pegs into round holes. IE this westcoast Off should work and I'm not changing it.

FriarsPoint
01-01-2019, 04:16 PM

Bingo

dawg1
01-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Because Mullen knew what he had to work with and designed the Offense around his abilities, Like most successful coaches do. Non successful coaches try to pound square pegs into round holes. IE this westcoast Off should work and I'm not changing it.

How about look at how Mullen struggled with Tyler Russell. Some tend to forget that. Give Joe time to get his players.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2019, 04:23 PM
How about look at how Mullen struggled with Tyler Russell. Some tend to forget that. Give Joe time to get his players.

This. Mullen's offense looked stupid with Tyler. I'm not gonna judge Moorhead on his ability to make Fitz run his offense. Not sure why people thing Moorhead can just snap his fingers and change his entire philosophy to fit one guy.

We have a lot of sports illiterate people on here. The same people on here who think it's stupid to fire an NFL coach or college coach after only 1-2 years we're making judgments on Moorhead 4 games in.