PDA

View Full Version : Most Underachieving Team In MSU History

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 03:31 PM
- If JoMo, pulls a 4-8 or 5-7 next season, we need to fire. I've seen nothing from his ability to adapt that makes me believe in him.

- The skill position players on this team are the worst I've seen in a decade at MSU

- Completely undisciplined

- WR unit is embarrassing. Worst WR in the country. An absolute embarrassment that has gotten no better.

- Great career accumulation numbers by Fitz, but his limitations created a glass ceiling for this team. He had a good career, & we MAY miss him, but you can't compete for a championship with him as your QB. Looked completely unprepared today regardless of how hard he plays.

- I have no clue how an SEC school allows their pass catchers, WR & TE, to get this bad.

- No penalties on Iowa. That is just an embarrassment for college football.

- Burned two timeouts in the first 5 min of the 3rd quarter. Again, lack of discipline & awareness. The ship isn't being run tight enough

Just an embarrassment for our program today. I complete breakdown in fundamentals, decision making, & awareness.

This staff better get their ass out there & get Mingo & others or we ain't going nowhere. Moorhead has to fix this QB situation. It's an embarrassment right now.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 03:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dv2jraBUUAAuVP-.jpg:large

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 03:39 PM
I don't honestly understand how Iowa didn't have a single penalty called on them today. That's unreal.

How does that happen?

redstickdawg
01-01-2019, 03:41 PM
The officiating was terribly biased but you have to overcome that. We have no leadership, discipline or coaching from mohead and he needs to right the ship or be gone.

Magician12
01-01-2019, 03:41 PM
I’m afraid we are in for a rough couple of years. Pathetic to lose to a team that has -14 rushing yards

Cooterpoot
01-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Moorhead is in over his head. We’ve got to pray he can figure it out.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 03:43 PM
I’m afraid we are in for a rough couple of years. Pathetic to lose to a team that has -14 rushing yards

We sure nuff are if Moorhead can't fix the QB & WRs problems.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Not even close. 2001. I predicted 8-4 this year and y'all shouted me down. We didn't have the QB or the receivers to run the RPO. Had we run the Mullen O we would have still finished around 8-4. We do not have the passing game to consistently move the ball against good defenses. If the run is controlled we struggle, and have for years except Dak's last year. Our problem is AT LEAST as much with the receivers as it is at QB. Had we not dropped one EASY catch we would have won today, despite playing bad against a PERFECT team.

Homedawg
01-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Not even close. 2001. I predicted 8-4 this year and y'all shouted me down. We didn't have the QB or the receivers to run the RPO. Had we run the Mullen O we would have still finished around 8-4. We do not have the passing game to consistently move the ball against good defenses. If the run is controlled we struggle, and have for years except Dak's last year. Our problem is AT LEAST as much with the receivers as it is at QB. Had we not dropped one EASY catch we would have won today, despite playing bad against a PERFECT team.

Comparing those two teams is laughable. This team led the country in defense and we pissed it away. Just bc you said 8-4 doesn't mean that's what should have happened. Jomo lost 3 games he shouldn't have and never gave us a shot against a mediocre LSU team. 2001 was relying On jucos that didn't pan out. ........ oh well. Damn shame. That's all

basedog
01-01-2019, 04:00 PM
We had our chances today. I wouldn’t blame Joe on this lost.

Joe should be much improved next year. I’m thankful for Fitz’s career, but I’m anxious to see how out offense will look like next year.

Two evenly matched teams today, difference was they made one more big play when Guidry dropped the go ahead TD. Also when he caught that long pass and was tackled on the one, he slowed just a little right before the catch, cost he and us a TD.

BuckyIsAB****
01-01-2019, 04:02 PM
We had our chances today. I wouldn’t blame Joe on this lost.

Joe should be much improved next year. I’m thankful for Fitz’s career, but I’m anxious to see how out offense will look like next year.

Two evenly matched teams today, difference was they made one more big play when Guidry dropped the go ahead TD. Also when he caught that long pass and was tackled on the one, he slowed just a little right before the catch, cost he and us a TD.

Evenly matched my ass we played like shit they arent very good

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Two evenly matched teams today.

Those two teams weren't close to evenly matched. This is the worst loss of the season IMO

Hambone
01-01-2019, 04:05 PM
How can you sit there and say they aren’t? Their stats were VERY comparable to ours. We SUCKED offensively against ANY team with a breath at defense. We are who we were all season.

The awesome thing is that we have reached a level as MState fans that a 8-5 season is a disappointment

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Comparing those two teams is laughable. This team led the country in defense and we pissed it away. Just bc you said 8-4 doesn't mean that's what should have happened. Jomo lost 3 games he shouldn't have and never gave us a shot against a mediocre LSU team. 2001 was relying On jucos that didn't pan out. ........ oh well. Damn shame. That's all
There are two sides to the ball. We just don't have much talent in the passing game, at all. When we can run we are ok. When we can't we aren't. The only real difference between this year and last year is we had a weaker bowl opponent last year.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Those two teams weren't close to evenly matched. This is the worst loss of the season IMO

Yes, they were. Their offense wasn't much better than ours and their defense wasn't much worse. Their D wasn't ranked that far behind ours coming in. We all seem to have ignored that. They looked a lot like us actually. It is the worst loss because it will be the lowest ranked team we lost to after the final pools come out.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Making some history today

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1080208793386905600

CJDAWG85
They weren’t even close to us talent wise. Had the officials called an even game, we blow them out. They literally needed every call to stay in that game. Also didn’t help we killed ourselves.

ShotgunDawg
Yes, they were. Their offense wasn't much better than ours and their defense wasn't much worse. Their D wasn't ranked that far behind ours coming in. We all seem to have ignored that. They looked a lot like us actually.

No they weren't. We were better at 2/3rds of the positions on the field. It's a bad loss

Coursesuper
01-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Evenly matched my ass we played like shit they arent very good

Bullseye, they couldn't do jack shit without help.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2019, 04:12 PM
My concerns with Jo:

1. Not pulling a struggling QB.
2. Not rotating skill players.
3. Allowing a poor decision maker to continue making reads and decisions
4. Misuse of timeouts and clock management
5. Low number of plays per game and inability to make a play call
6. Limited short yardage plays
7. Lack of offensive improvement over the season
8. Practice results determines starters

Just to start

CJDAWG85
01-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Here’s a fair question... we had 2 opponents this year have 0 penalties. Did that ever happen under Mullen or would he let that happen? I mean how are you not constantly chirping at the officials reminding them they haven’t thrown a flag on them yet?

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 04:17 PM
No they weren't. We were better at 2/3rds of the positions on the field. It's a bad loss

Yes, they were. The statistics back me up. You are basing it on your evaluation of talent.

BankerDog
01-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Here’s a fair question... we had 2 opponents this year have 0 penalties. Did that ever happen under Mullen or would he let that happen? I mean how are you not constantly chirping at the officials reminding them they haven’t thrown a flag on them yet?

After the 2 point conversion during the TV timeout, Getsy and Joe were getting into it with an official.

99jc
01-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Joe should be much improved next year.

Your an idiot

basedog
01-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Shotgun, Joe inherited this team, one or even two years isn't enough time to know yet.

Iowa is a pretty good football team, well coached, give them some credit. Guidry makes that catch and you wouldn't be calling for Joe's head already.

basedog
01-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Your an idiot

I doubt that sir.

lastmajordog
01-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Shotgun this team is probably one of 3 biggest team underperforms......Ballard?s 3rd year that went 7-4 with a loss to a horrible UNM team and Jackie?s independence bowl (snowbowl) teams were both along this line of underperforming teams of all time.

parabrave
01-01-2019, 04:40 PM
God I hate to say it but O would've coached this team to 10 wins.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Shotgun, Joe inherited this team, one or even two years isn't enough time to know yet.

Iowa is a pretty good football team, well coached, give them some credit. Guidry makes that catch and you wouldn't be calling for Joe's head already.

I'm not calling for his head right now. Just saying his ass better get our there & close on some recruits & 5-7 next year will have me calling for his head

basedog
01-01-2019, 05:45 PM
I'm not calling for his head right now. Just saying his ass better get our there & close on some recruits & 5-7 next year will have me calling for his head

His recruiting style is looking ok. He is a smart man, he will review and I'm betting he will work on his weakness and recruit playmakers on the outside. His biggest recruit is keeping the defensive staff together.

I'm not mad like you and a few others about this season. We lost 4 of our 5 games to top 15 teams, we were close but still need speed and improve our QB position with our passing game.

Lastly, I'm not sold this was the worse underachieving team ever. Now one thing I'd like to see next year is all the showboating after a tackle and of course cut down the penalties.

WSOPdawg
01-01-2019, 07:22 PM
God I hate to say it but O would've coached this team to 10 wins.

Damn,... rep given!!! That's strong and true.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 07:31 PM
Yes, they were. The statistics back me up. You are basing it on your evaluation of talent.

Yeah, we were way more athletic & out recruit them by a good amount. I like stats, but you can shove them up your ass when it comes to the eye test

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 07:32 PM

Iowa is a good football team, but that was a bad loss. We were much better than them & most positions

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2019, 07:38 PM

I?m pretty sure the NFL draft is going to prove you are right.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 08:21 PM
I?m pretty sure the NFL draft is going to prove you are right.

I bet we don't have as many offensive players drafted. Our talent was lopsided.

RezDog7
01-01-2019, 08:47 PM

Your an idiot

You're an idiot