bluelightstar
01-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Sure feels like a failure, right?

msstate7
01-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Yes.

PMDawg
01-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Moorhead is a terrible offensive coach. So, yeah - feels like a failure.

FriarsPoint
01-01-2019, 03:26 PM
White version of Croom. You have to be pretty f ing bad to screw this team up.

DawgRockur
01-01-2019, 03:26 PM
Abso17inlutely

Cloak
01-01-2019, 03:27 PM
I seriously can not believe we just lost to Iowa....IOWA. Crazy

Saltydog
01-01-2019, 03:27 PM
had more talent than any MSU team I've witnessed and absolutely wasted it.

Magician12
01-01-2019, 03:28 PM
Iowa had -14 yards rushing and won. Lol that’s insane

biggun
01-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Cohen gambled and failed MISERABLY!!!

What now???

Mobile Bay
01-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Iowa also had zero penalty yards. We got jobbed again.

FriarsPoint
01-01-2019, 03:30 PM
Cohen gambled and failed MISERABLY!!!

What now???

Cohens ass needs to be on the line

Political Hack
01-01-2019, 03:31 PM
If you're not happy with 8-5, next year is going to be really miserable for you.

We're not a very good football team. Well coached teams don't commit 10 penalties. We're having way too much fun and not spending any time on being disciplined. We were so much more talented than 3 of the teams we lost to, but we found ways to let them win. Turnovers, drops, penalties, miscues, poor reads, busted assignments, suspensions, etc... Disgusting.

Matt3467
01-01-2019, 03:32 PM
#1 D in the nation and 8-5

Matt3467
01-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Complete polar opposites on both sides of the ball

biggun
01-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Iowa also had zero penalty yards. We got jobbed again.

Always the Excuses of losers......We Suck, plain and simple

biggun
01-01-2019, 03:34 PM
6-6 best case next year, what then???

Pit Bull
01-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Sure feels like a failure, right?

Those big ole CONE-FED white boys put an upset whoopin' all over our ass!! Truthfully, I didn't know a college football team had that many white players on it. Quite remarkable......and KY/PennState had a crammed packed stadium over in Orlando. I hardly saw an empty seat. Those cats tearin' up JoMo's former team and offense too.

biggun
01-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Those big ole CONE-FED white boys put an upset whoopin' all over our ass!! Truthfully, I didn't know a college football team had that many white players on it. Quite remarkable......and KY/PennState had a crammed packed stadium over in Orlando. I hardly saw an empty seat. Those cats tearin' up JoMo's former team and offense too.

S Barkley was Penn State’s offense. Cohen out smarted himself with hiring Joe’s dumb ass

Pit Bull
01-01-2019, 03:38 PM
6-6 best case next year, what then???

I think we lose one for sure, and maybe two of the first four games on our schedule. We just lose way too many key players on both sides of the ball. Most likely we lose to KY and maybe KSU.

msudawg1200
01-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Not only 8-5, but unranked also. Our most talented team ever is going to finish unranked. Unfreaking believable. Only at Miss State.

Pit Bull
01-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Maybe JoMo can drive over to Orlando real quick, meet up with Franklin after his game, and they can sulk together bout getting their asses kicked......over a couple of Corona's of course!

Pit Bull
01-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Not only 8-5, but unranked also. Our most talented team ever is going to finish unranked. Unfreaking believable. Only at Miss State.

Maybe our most talented defense. Maybe. And definitely NOT our most talented offense.

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2019, 03:50 PM
You can’t waste this much NFL talent at MSU.

I don’t mind losing to Bama or UGA, but losing to Kentucky, Florida at home, and Iowa on a neutral field is a joke.

Mullen wins at least 10, maybe 11 with this squad.

Just a missed opportunity.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 03:51 PM

Our talent is lopsided. This isn't even CLOSE to being the most talented offensive team we have ever had. I'd argue it's the least talented one on that side of the ball since probably 2009.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 03:52 PM
You can’t waste this much NFL talent at MSU.

I don’t mind losing to Bama or UGA, but losing to Kentucky, Florida at home, and Iowa on a neutral field is a joke.

No he doesn't. We still wouldn't have been able to move the ball consistently against defenses that can defend the run. Io

NCDawg
01-01-2019, 03:57 PM
S Barkley was Penn State?s offense. Cohen out smarted himself with hiring Joe?s dumb ass

Agree. Should have hired Neal Brown or Bill Clark.

BankerDog
01-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Liverpool, that?s probably the most accurate thing I?ve ever seen you post. Our WR talent in ?09 was better. I?d argue our OL was just as good as well.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Liverpool, that?s probably the most accurate thing I?ve ever seen you post. Our WR talent in ?09 was better. I?d argue our OL was just as good as well.

So we finished with 8 wins, right? What's that mean banker? I'm playing... post away

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2019, 03:59 PM
No he doesn't. We still wouldn't have been able to move the ball consistently against defenses that can defend the run. Io

We scored 24 on Bama last year. My guess is that Mullen would have figured it out, the same way he figured out how to make Florida’s offense decent.

GreenheadDawg
01-01-2019, 04:02 PM
I don?t think I?ve ever been more frustrated in an MSU athletic team. Ever. Such a ****ing shame and waste of a great defense

BankerDog
01-01-2019, 04:08 PM
So we finished with 8 wins, right? What's that mean banker? I'm playing... post away

Still better then 6 wins bud. I?m beyond pissed right now. Ridiculous to have your second time OTs in at the 1 and then not get it in running.

I?m so tired of Farrod Green trotting our there when Spivey, Cumbest, and Jones are better.

At least I don?t have to watch Fitz dress out again. I?m beyond done with him and was done with him when he was running his mouth about having to back-up Dak telling people he was going to transfer. NFL QB? He?s a joke.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Still better then 6 wins bud. I?m beyond pissed right now. Ridiculous to have your second time OTs in at the 1 and then not get it in running.

I?m so tired of Farrod Green trotting our there when Spivey, Cumbest, and Jones are better.

At least I don?t have to watch Fitz dress out again. I?m beyond done with him and was done with him when he was running his mouth about having to back-up Dak telling people he was going to transfer. NFL QB? He?s a joke.

The FG at the goal line was ridiculous

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 04:11 PM

No it wasn't. That's the smart play in that situation. It's not the emotional one.

BankerDog
01-01-2019, 04:14 PM

Had to get points and they shut our running game down that drive.

Let me vent some more:

-Kylin Hill needs to stop running his mouth on twitter. He had one good game and suddenly is ?big time?
-Our OL has lost their mean streak and that?s because Johnson is their ?boy? and not their coach.
-How did Mullen never teach Fitz not to throw into triple coverage to one of our three 5?7 WRs?

Simmons made himself a lot of money today. Best money we have spent and glad we lost Lashley/Knott to get him.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 04:23 PM
No it wasn't. That's the smart play in that situation. It's not the emotional one.

If they stop us, they get the ball at the 1 facing Simmons and sweat

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 04:33 PM
If they stop us, they get the ball at the 1 facing Simmons and sweat

But we don't get the points.

Goldendawg
01-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Moorhead is a terrible offensive coach. So, yeah - feels like a failure.

Not to hear him tell it. Still have my "Championship Standard" program I bought for the 1st game this year.

Goldendawg
01-01-2019, 04:39 PM
had more talent than any MSU team I've witnessed and absolutely wasted it.

Square pegs into square holes never works even with a "offensive genius" trying it. Saw my 1st game in 63. never so let down in an 8 win season.

Goldendawg
01-01-2019, 04:42 PM
If you're not happy with 8-5, next year is going to be really miserable for you.

We're not a very good football team. Well coached teams don't commit 10 penalties. We're having way too much fun and not spending any time on being disciplined. We were so much more talented than 3 of the teams we lost to, but we found ways to let them win. Turnovers, drops, penalties, miscues, poor reads, busted assignments, suspensions, etc... Disgusting.

Saw the video, we had fun at the water park, Players' Coach, "Championship Standard", of what?

NCDawg
01-01-2019, 05:28 PM

I think you are correct. That stop gave them momentum.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2019, 05:40 PM

Really bad but not as bad as punting on 4th and an inch when u only have 1 timeout.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Our talent is lopsided. This isn't even CLOSE to being the most talented offensive team we have ever had. I'd argue it's the least talented one on that side of the ball since probably 2009.

Don't understand how people can't see this.

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Don't understand how people can't see this.

Especially if you look at the recruiting rankings of our starters on offense and defense. It becomes VERY apparent then. The only four stars we start on offense are Hill and Guidry. And then we play Aeris a lot. Our starting linebacker unit starts as many four stars as our entire offense.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2019, 07:04 PM
I thought we’d win 9, so not really too disappointed. Our offensive talent is just bad minus 4 players.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Especially if you look at the recruiting rankings of our starters on offense and defense. It becomes VERY apparent then. The only four stars we start on offense are Hill and Guidry. And then we play Aeris a lot. Our starting linebacker unit starts as many four stars as our entire offense.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2019/

3 draft picks listed on this mock... Williams, Jenkins, and fitz

Goldendawg
01-01-2019, 07:25 PM

I'll admit I was worried when a consistent, all-around, 1000 plus yard rusher was benched b4 this season began. Oh well, this year is done.

Goldendawg
01-01-2019, 07:28 PM
I thought we’d win 9, so not really too disappointed. Our offensive talent is just bad minus 4 players.

Beating dead horse reply: Didn't think that about them last year. Don't try to put Clydesdales in KY Derby. It didn't work and won't anywhere.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Nick Fitzgerald qbr by year...
2016 - 77.4 (19th nationally)
2017 - 78.5 (14th nationally)
2018 - 58.7 (69th nationally)

Felipe Franks...
2017 - 36.8 (108th nationally)
2018 - 67.4 (44th nationally)

I'd say Mullen makes a difference

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Best thing I've seen you post.

it's true. The skill position players sucked.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 07:40 PM
We scored 24 on Bama last year. My guess is that Mullen would have figured it out, the same way he figured out how to make Florida?s offense decent.

We scored 24 on Bama when Bama was down a ton of LBs & we played about as well as we possibly could.

I know we all hang our hat on that game, but it's a little unfair

TUSK
01-01-2019, 08:42 PM
We scored 24 on Bama when Bama was down a ton of LBs & we played about as well as we possibly could.

I know we all hang our hat on that game, but it's a little unfair

unfair and unreliable.....

Bdawg
01-02-2019, 10:16 AM
People, we found out this year our WR still is not up to par even with our new additions. Also, Fitz didn't improve one iota in the passing game and maybe even regressed. I'm also suspect about his read option game. With our lack of skill guys on the outside, we are way to one deminsional to be a ten win or better team. I don't care how good your running game and defense is, you just can't be that incompetent passing the ball. Guidry has to step it up big time next year. KT was a pretty good passer in HS and has many more years experience doing than Fitz. My hope is, our QB accuracy will improve now that he will he getting first team reps and another year to learn the scheme. Think we were all a little to hyped up considering going through a coaching change, even though we thought Moorhead and Mullen's offense were similar in nature. Turns out, I believe they are more different than previously believed. As for coaching, I wasn't impressed with a lot of the play calling, but I also look at and tell myself "what's a coach to do with a QB that in accurate and receivers who drop it when the qb does put it in there. Has to be very frustrating to call plays being so one deminsional. Lastly, the talent on offense falls squarely on Mullen. Can't blame Moorhead for that. Hopefully Moorhead can't change the talent in the skill position really soon.

msstate7
01-02-2019, 10:21 AM
People, we found out this year our WR still is not up to par even with our new additions. Also, Fitz didn't improve one iota in the passing game and maybe even regressed. I'm also suspect about his read option game. With our lack of skill guys on the outside, we are way to one deminsional to be a ten win or better team. I don't care how good your running game and defense is, you just can't be that incompetent passing the ball. Guidry has to step it up big time next year. KT was a pretty good passer in HS and has many more years experience doing than Fitz. My hope is, our QB accuracy will improve now that he will he getting first team reps and another year to learn the scheme. Think we were all a little to hyped up considering going through a coaching change, even though we thought Moorhead and Mullen's offense were similar in nature. Turns out, I believe they are more different than previously believed. As for coaching, I wasn't impressed with a lot of the play calling, but I also look at and tell myself "what's a coach to do with a QB that in accurate and receivers who drop it when the qb does put it in there. Has to be very frustrating to call plays being so one deminsional. Lastly, the talent on offense falls squarely on Mullen. Can't blame Moorhead for that. Hopefully Moorhead can't change the talent in the skill position really soon.

Moorhead gets a pass bc Mullen's guys don't fit his system. Mullen gets blame for not recruiting guys to fit Moorhead's system.

Fitz was top 20 QBR in the country both years under Mullen (17th in 2016 and 14th in 2017). Fitz finished 69th this season under Moorhead.

Bass Chaser
01-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Nick Fitzgerald qbr by year...
2016 - 77.4 (19th nationally)
2017 - 78.5 (14th nationally)
2018 - 58.7 (69th nationally)

Felipe Franks...
2017 - 36.8 (108th nationally)
2018 - 67.4 (44th nationally)

I'd say Mullen makes a difference

I think you're missing one key person - Brian Johnson.

Bdawg
01-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Delete

Bdawg
01-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Moorhead gets a pass bc Mullen's guys don't fit his system. Mullen gets blame for not recruiting guys to fit Moorhead's system.

Fitz was top 20 QBR in the country both years under Mullen (17th in 2016 and 14th in 2017). Fitz finished 69th this season under Moorhead.

Fitz is inaccurate. That's indisputable. Maybe Mullen used him better. And yes Mullen gets blame for lack of talent at WR. It shouldn't be that hard to find someone to catch the ball.

Bdawg
01-02-2019, 11:30 AM
Delete

smootness
01-02-2019, 11:39 AM
I think you're missing one key person - Brian Johnson.

Mullen was a QB whisperer long before Brian Johnson was on his staff.

Bdawg
01-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Just a dumb post. No one expects Mullen to recruit to the next coach's system. Come on man.

Scared_Hitless
01-02-2019, 11:44 AM
I mean Fitz was a hella athlete and after watching what Mullen did with Chris Relf, I have no doubt he is the best QB coach in the country. I will say Briener seems like a bust. Our Qbs did not improve in any measurable way.

I think having a system like we have now is an issue for Fitz he was a 1 read guy under Mullen. This system wasn't his strength and we tried to reinvent the wheel bad combo. Fitz got a raw deal this season and deserved better from our fanbase. Moorhead has his guy on campus so if Schader sucks he has no excuse. He has two years left to figure it out, if not we are back on the market for a coach.

msstate7
01-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Just a dumb post. No one expects Mullen to recruit to the next coach's system. Come on man.

We dropped 27 spots nationally in scoring offense this season. We dropped 25 spots in total offense this season. Who did we lose from last season that caused this drop?

yjnkdawg
01-02-2019, 11:46 AM
You can?t waste this much NFL talent at MSU.

I don?t mind losing to Bama or UGA, but losing to Kentucky, Florida at home, and Iowa on a neutral field is a joke.

Mullen would have had his mind more so on going to what he called, "A real football school", and we would probably have lost some of the ones you thought he would have won, plus we probably wouldn't have the Egg Bowl trophy. If a good defense dares you to pass and you can't then that is a recipe for disaster, and Fitz couldn't and he wasn't the same Fitz after his injury.

Scared_Hitless
01-02-2019, 11:55 AM
We dropped 27 spots nationally in scoring offense this season. We dropped 25 spots in total offense this season. Who did we lose from last season that caused this drop?

Yardage is pretty much the same. Appears we went the Ole Miss route and lost our identity in the redzone and ability to score. Not to mention we played a way tougher schedule defensively this year. Its not apples to apples.

JoMo did bad on that we agree we regressed alot in some areas. Year 2 needs offensive improvement. Hell we played 7 teams this season in the Top 50 for defense and 6 in the top 25. Last year we played 4 total, and we shit the bed vs all but LSU.

msstate7
01-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Yardage is pretty much the same. Appears we went the Ole Miss route and lost our identity in the redzone and ability to score. Not to mention we played a way tougher schedule defensively this year. Its not apples to apples.

JoMo did bad on that we agree we regressed alot in some areas. Year 2 needs offensive improvement. Hell we played 7 teams this season in the Top 50 for defense and 6 in the top 25. Last year we played 4 total, and we shit the bed vs all but LSU.
Last season, we faced 4 top 20 scoring defenses and scored 96 points (24 ppg). This season, we faced 5 top 20 scoring offenses and scored 61 points (12.2 ppg)

Scared_Hitless
01-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Last season, we faced 4 top 20 scoring defenses and scored 96 points (24 ppg). This season, we faced 5 top 20 scoring offenses and scored 61 points (12.2 ppg)

Without the LSU outlier which I mentioned we are sitting at you guessed it. 12.33 PPG and that is only because we got 24 on Bama with their entire LB core out. And if you wanna run these stats back Mullen has notoriously under performed against Good D's his entire time here. We have no offensive talent fix that and if Moorhead still sucks boot him and start over again.

msstate7
01-02-2019, 12:29 PM
Without the LSU outlier which I mentioned we are sitting at you guessed it. 12.33 PPG and that is only because we got 24 on Bama with their entire LB core out. And if you wanna run these stats back Mullen has notoriously under performed against Good D's his entire time here. We have no offensive talent fix that and if Moorhead still sucks boot him and start over again.

We scored 3, 7, and 0 in 3 of the matchups this year. 13 of our points yesterday were on drives that started inside Iowa's 35 (Iowa 6 yard line and Iowa 33 yard line). Auburn's 23 points is really the outlier this season, and esp when you consider we didn't run that offense again after that.

Scared_Hitless
01-02-2019, 12:38 PM
We scored 3, 7, and 0 in 3 of the matchups this year. 13 of our points yesterday were on drives that started inside Iowa's 35 (Iowa 6 yard line and Iowa 33 yard line). Auburn's 23 points is really the outlier this season, and esp when you consider we didn't run that offense again after that.

Scored 28 on Texas A&M as well and if not for the LSU game they are top 25 as well. You can spin the stats however you want doesnt change the fact results are similar to the norm here. We beat teams we are better than badly, and struggled with good teams. Only teams we lost to that are not better recruiters than us is Kentucky and Iowa. Gotta get some playmakers on offense we have G5 level Receivers at best and a QB that cant throw.

The playcalling and lack of RB runs is on Moorhead I give him one more year to figure it out. I see your side but not ready to convert to the dark side yet.

Bdawg
01-02-2019, 12:48 PM

I just explained in my first post that our new system wasn't as close to Mullen's as we hoped. Fitz was not ideal for this new system. I'm not giving Moorhead a free pass either. He could have done better and adapted.

yjnkdawg
01-02-2019, 12:54 PM

That offensive scheme for the Auburn game was designed specifically for that game. It surprised Auburn and their defensive staff could not adjust to stop it. Then it was on film, and would not have surprised any good defenses. So it would have not worked against LSU, or any other good defensive team.

msstate7
01-02-2019, 12:58 PM
That offensive scheme for the Auburn game was designed specifically for that game. It surprised Auburn and their defensive staff could not adjust to stop it. Then it was on film, and would not have surprised any good defenses. So it would have not worked against LSU, or any other good defensive team.
So what we did, did it work?

Bully13
01-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Damned glad I didn't watch us losing to slow white guys. Espn.com & game thread then delete are my new years game memories. Think I'll go watch the egg bowl again while others recreate jonestown & Waco.