PDA

View Full Version : Holgorsen to Houston???

RougeDawg
01-01-2019, 01:27 AM
5 year $20 mil deal?

Are WVU and the Big12 that bad?

MetEdDawg
01-01-2019, 01:52 AM
Sounds like both were ready to part ways.

And Houston is throwing some damn money around. No G5 school is paying a HC $4 million a year. Those are some big expectations to live up to. Fire a coach that goes 8-4 then bring in the next guy and pay him $4 million. Holgorsen is good but I'm not sure he's that good.

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 02:18 AM
They're obviously trying to move up into the Big 12.

Here's what could be funny- if West Virginia offers Rich Rod the job.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2019, 02:40 AM

Please let this happen!

IMissJack
01-01-2019, 07:32 AM

I'm still not sure what they offer the Big XII. There won't be many more eyes on TV screens if UH is in the Conference.

Pit Bull
01-01-2019, 08:07 AM
Houston has a nice shiney new stadium, lot of tv sets, and they've beaten our ass like a red headed step child before and maybe twice....can't quite remember. I did attend the game where we whooped up on them a few years ago at their old stadium something like 30-0. So, the Cougs are not a bad job and maybe they are just trying to make that next step up in relevancy like we are.

IMissJack
01-01-2019, 08:32 AM
Houston has a nice shiney new stadium, lot of tv sets, and they've beaten our ass like a red headed step child before and maybe twice....can't quite remember. I did attend the game where we whooped up on them a few years ago at their old stadium something like 30-0. So, the Cougs are not a bad job and maybe they are just trying to make that next step up in relevancy like we are.
They have had some good teams, but they have very little following here. Most TV sets in Houston already either watch Texas, TX A&M, LSU, some other SEC team, some other Big XII team. Almost everyone in Houston is from somewhere else, and cares about that team. Also, Big XII games are already on tV in Houston. I don't see how this gives significant new viewers. IMO the Big XII is one team away from collapse, the same way the SWC did. If UT or OK were to bolt, it would become bad fast.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 09:14 AM
Houston ain't getting in the Big 12. This article talks about why

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1079409928828264448?s=21

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 09:16 AM
I think UCF is a way more attractive school for the Big 12 than Houston.

- Gets eyeballs in Florida where they currently lack them.
- Nation's largest university. So there will be LOTS of eye balls.
- Good following and facilities
- Opens Florida up for Big 12 recruiting.

Dawgfan77
01-01-2019, 09:29 AM
Interesting note on Holgo... coached at MC back in the early 2000s and I think has a kid that lives around the Jackson area. Was interested in our job last year