PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M Crowd

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2018, 07:49 PM
Remember how much the Outback Bowl supposedly wanted A&M over us? Remember how bad A&M fans wanted to go to a Florida after a 50+ year absence?

https://i.imgur.com/rH2zQr3.png

RocketDawg
12-31-2018, 07:53 PM
How'd they all get 50 yard line seats when we have to sit in the upper reaches of the end zone?

RougeDawg
12-31-2018, 07:55 PM
Pretty piss poor crowd. I really hope we fill up the lower level tomorrow. Haven?t seen many other state fans downtown this evening. Maybe they went to the parade. I didn?t get intown until around when parade was starting.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2018, 07:56 PM
The truth is that no matter the fan base, fans travel to see a game, not a bowl.

When you play UCF, Wake Forest, Louisville, Northwestern, Rice, & NC State in bowl games, you probably aren't going to take many fans because no one wants to see those games.

msstate7
12-31-2018, 07:58 PM
There were only a few tix on stubhub and the price was $60ish. They must have bought a ton of tix and not showed

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Pretty piss poor crowd. I really hope we fill up the lower level tomorrow. Haven?t seen many other state fans downtown this evening. Maybe they went to the parade. I didn?t get intown until around when parade was starting.

Well, we shouldn't feel bad if we don't. Texas A&M, whose fan base is at least 3 times larger than ours with a campus that sits in the middle of a 3 hour radius of 20 million people, took very few to the Gator Bowl

TUSK
12-31-2018, 08:01 PM
Yep, y'all sell out the Outback and that'll shut down all the back & forth narratives...

Cooterpoot
12-31-2018, 08:46 PM
Jimbo the Great is getting it handed to him so far.

DancingRabbit
12-31-2018, 08:47 PM

Sleeping Giant is still napping

dawgday166
12-31-2018, 08:48 PM

Me & 7 think Jimbo overrated. 7 especially does **

Actually I am rethinking my views slightly on Jimbo tho. We see next year.

RocketDawg
12-31-2018, 08:49 PM

Yeah, and he'd better wake up. NC State wants this game it seems.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2018, 08:56 PM

This is unbelievable. Here are Texas A&M's OL recruiting rankings. Not sure how this happened with that recruiting area

LT - 85 Moore JR
LG - 84 Hocker
C - 84 McCoy
RG - 92 Sutherland
RT - 83 Green
TE - 87 Sternberger

Jack Lambert
12-31-2018, 09:05 PM

I was there. Not 50/50 but close. Many state fans probably did not know.

99jc
12-31-2018, 09:06 PM
This is unbelievable. Here are Texas A&M's OL recruiting rankings. Not sure how this happened with that recruiting area

LT - 85 Moore JR
LG - 84 Hocker
C - 84 McCoy
RG - 92 Sutherland
RT - 83 Green
TE - 87 Sternberger

Give us a camera shot tomorrow from the stadium to show us how it's filled cause I know your there.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2018, 09:07 PM
I truthfully believe that of all the major network sportcasters that broadcast college football games, Rod Gilmore is the worst of all.

I don't like Beth Mowins' or Pam Ward's voice, but at least they prepare.

Rod Gilmore calls a game like he literally walks into the press box, pulls out a roster, & wings it. No prep & gives out factually inaccurate takes

TUSK
12-31-2018, 09:07 PM
Are A&M's TE and RB coming back next year?

Their losses this year were pretty respectable: Clemson, @Bammer, @MSU, @AU....

2019: Bammer, @UGA, @LSU (everyone else credible is a Home Game)...

msstate7
12-31-2018, 09:10 PM
Are A&M's TE and RB coming back next year?

Their losses this year were pretty respectable: Clemson, @Bammer, @MSU, @AU....

2019: Bammer, @UGA, @LSU (everyone else credible is a Home Game)...

Both are juniors. Mond is a soph. Corbin is a freshman rb to keep an eye on. He's gonna be a super star type player

Dawg2003
12-31-2018, 09:10 PM

Permanent hibernation

RocketDawg
12-31-2018, 09:16 PM
NC State is falling apart. Got time for one play before half after the interception.

TUSK
12-31-2018, 09:16 PM
Both are juniors. Mond is a soph. Corbin is a freshman rb to keep an eye on. He's gonna be a super star type player

I know they're underclassmen, but have/will either declare and go Pro early?

msstate7
12-31-2018, 09:17 PM
I know they're underclassmen, but have/will either declare and go Pro early?

That I don't know. We should all be hoping so

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2018, 09:19 PM
Can you imagine being on the phone with Jimbo Fisher for IT help?

Imagine he was an IT guy in India & you need some help getting your computer fixed

Has to be the fastest talker of all time

coachnorm
12-31-2018, 09:21 PM
How'd they all get 50 yard line seats when we have to sit in the upper reaches of the end zone?

I bet people who had other seats just moved to better seats in a near empty stadium. The TV networks do not like to show empty seats so if a few sections are filled camera angles can hide the sparse crowd.

RougeDawg
12-31-2018, 09:22 PM
371 tickets left for outback bowl on Stubhub. 2117 left for Sugar Bowl. Not sure what that means but we should have a decent crowd tomorrow.

TUSK
12-31-2018, 09:26 PM
Can you imagine being on the phone with Jimbo Fisher for IT help?

Imagine he was an IT guy in India & you need some help getting your computer fixed

Has to be the fastest talker of all time
Fax.

"Shuddupandreboot."

https://sharpmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Fax-1600x856.jpg

TALL DAWG
12-31-2018, 09:33 PM
371 tickets left for outback bowl on Stubhub. 2117 left for Sugar Bowl. Not sure what that means but we should have a decent crowd tomorrow.

Our crowd will be fine. Everyone should chill out about the crowd. At this point, it will be what it will be.

Now, lets talk about the people/workers in Tampa.
I have been overly impressed with absolutely everyone I have encountered. Extremely nice folks and all very helpful.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2018, 09:40 PM

Stubhub is a secondary ticket market. So, I think that means tickets that are sold on there have already been bought. IMO that means that the more tickets that are on there, the more tickets that were bought.

RougeDawg
12-31-2018, 10:47 PM
Stubhub is a secondary ticket market. So, I think that means tickets that are sold on there have already been bought. IMO that means that the more tickets that are on there, the more tickets that were bought.

True. But I?ve gotten the impression that the local people here are more in tune with the game.

Turfdawg67
12-31-2018, 11:04 PM

Dude... all I've seen is State fans. Easily 50-1. I hear that closer to the beaches is where Iowa fans are... it'll be close on both sides.

Turfdawg67
12-31-2018, 11:06 PM

Ha! You just wait! Or if not someone who posts 35 times a day... every day... will tell you how great he is.

msstate7
12-31-2018, 11:11 PM
Ha! You just wait! Or if not someone who posts 35 times a day... every day... will tell you how great he is.

Pretty soon y'all will see I'm right

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2019, 12:15 AM
The truth is that no matter the fan base, fans travel to see a game, not a bowl.

When you play UCF, Wake Forest, Louisville, Northwestern, Rice, & NC State in bowl games, you probably aren't going to take many fans because no one wants to see those games.

MSU took thousands to those games. I went to everyone of those and I?m in Tampa tonight along with a whole slew of Bulldogs. You keep believing your bullshit. MSU people support their Dawgs.

duncflydawg
01-01-2019, 12:35 AM
From my recollection, there were more people than that picture at the Gator Bowl last year, and that was with an Egg Bowl loss, an injured quarterback and a skeleton coaching staff.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2019, 01:04 AM
MSU took thousands to those games. I went to everyone of those and I?m in Tampa tonight along with a whole slew of Bulldogs. You keep believing your bullshit. MSU people support their Dawgs.

This is correct. We've showed up well for our bowl games. Go check out the attendance for our bowl games. The only one not well attended was the st Pete bowl.

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 01:05 AM
The MSU doesn't travel myth is simply that. A myth. I'm here and I've seen a lot of MSU fans. I'm expecting the crowd to be about 50/50 but we'll find out tomorrow.

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 01:07 AM
This is correct. We've showed up well for our bowl games. Go check out the attendance for our bowl games. The only one not well attended was the st Pete bowl.

I would have gone to that one too except it was at the absolute worst time for me. If you had to ask me to pick a time that was impossible for me to go to a bowl game I would say December 26 at 10:00 AM. That was exactly when the St. Petersburg Bowl was played. Very difficult for those of us who have family out of town and have to work to attend that one.

Mutt the Hoople
01-01-2019, 02:24 AM

LT - 85 Moore JR
LG - 84 Hocker
C - 84 McCoy
RG - 92 Sutherland
RT - 83 Green
TE - 87 Sternberger
Greg Little was a long time Aggie commit...until he saw the beautiful campus of olemiss.

KnightHawk
01-01-2019, 09:17 AM
I truthfully believe that of all the major network sportcasters that broadcast college football games, Rod Gilmore is the worst of all.

I don't like Beth Mowins' or Pam Ward's voice, but at least they prepare.

Rod Gilmore calls a game like he literally walks into the press box, pulls out a roster, & wings it. No prep & gives out factually inaccurate takes

Agree entirely. Plus the "advice" on what the teams should do for gameplay is rarely on point as well. Can't stand him.

msudawg1200
01-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Remember how much the Outback Bowl supposedly wanted A&M over us?

https://i.imgur.com/rH2zQr3.png

Yeah, this is crap their fanbase spewed, and of course some of the talking heads got a hold of that narrative, and began spewing it also because they are all up on Jimbo. No one from the Outback ever said that.