PDA

View Full Version : Where are we at?

Howboutdemdogs
12-31-2018, 08:55 AM
Flew in Saturday evening and staying at Clearwater Beach. Yesterday, we were tacky tourist most of the day with the beach, bars, and shops. The Iowa fans out numbered us 50 to 1. Even the Beach Bash, which was pretty cool, we did not have a lot of fans there.

Self justification on our turn out:
-Poor job promoting it on our part.
-Iowa has been here 6 times and knows what and where to go.
-State fans are arriving Sunday.
-Our group is staying in Tampa.

Hopefully the last bullet is true about our turn out. Who ever stated that Iowa doesn?t travel was dead wrong.

Side note: Hooters was started in Clearwater and we will visit the original today.

Recreationalgynecologist
12-31-2018, 09:55 AM
I'm guessing it's more of a function of younger Iowa fans making the trip their post-Xmas vacation and experience with attending the Outback Bowl. We skipped the whole Tampa thing and we're staying at my parents condo 2.5 hours south. I'd rather take in the sunset on Captiva than navigate my way through the bars and attending a crowded Beach Bash. I'm guessing many MSU fans due to relative proximity to Tampa (vs Iowa) tend to be late arrivals to the scene. We did past a few Miss State charter buses heading south from Birmingham AL a couple days ago though.

Turfdawg67
12-31-2018, 09:57 AM
Flew in Saturday evening and staying at Clearwater Beach. Yesterday, we were tacky tourist most of the day with the beach, bars, and shops. The Iowa fans out numbered us 50 to 1. Even the Beach Bash, which was pretty cool, we did not have a lot of fans there.

Hopefully the last bullet is true about our turn out. Who ever stated that Iowa doesn?t travel was dead wrong.

Side note: Hooters was started in Clearwater and we will visit the original today.

We are staying in Tampa and State outnumbers Iowa fans 50-1.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2018, 10:05 AM
Every one in Mississippi will go to Florida at least 5 times in their life. It is no big deal to us. We are going to clear water today. If you see a old man with two teenage boys and the goofy one has a ole miss shirt on that's my group. The goofy one is my son's friend.

Recreationalgynecologist
12-31-2018, 10:08 AM

Hooter's was founded by group of Midwesterners, including a couple Iowans. Iowa has always travelled well and it's a well-known thing. The team is staying at the Westin Harbour in Tampa, but I agree, most are staying out by Clearwater or St. Pete. Downtown Tampa isn't that great of a destination if you ask me. A lot of Iowans have winter homes south of Tampa.

msbulldog
12-31-2018, 10:12 AM

Yep, the original Hooters is a must-see!

Howboutdemdogs
12-31-2018, 10:17 AM
We are staying in Tampa and State outnumbers Iowa fans 50-1.

That’s great to hear!

We will be on the look out for Jack and “The Goofy One”.

wild_dawg
12-31-2018, 10:49 AM
Really depends on the hotel you are staying at, we are unfortunately at the Iowa team hotel and are outnumbered obviously (although there are a decent amount of Dawgs staying here), while at the Hilton there seems to be tons of Bulldogs. Regardless I expect to see a lot of Maroon tomorrow at RJS, Hail State!

Saltydog
12-31-2018, 10:49 AM
nt

Bully13
12-31-2018, 10:55 AM
Agreed. "Rec gyno" is an awesome user name.

stalkingpoon
12-31-2018, 11:03 AM
We are staying in Orlando and driving down tomorrow for game.