PDA

View Full Version : Manny Diaz to Miami

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2018, 10:47 PM
He's finally got the job he's always wanted.

msstate7
12-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Wow. I think they could've done better

TUSK
12-30-2018, 10:52 PM
He's finally got the job he's always wanted.

Dang, how long was he at Temple...?

Will he even change offices?

Bully13
12-30-2018, 10:53 PM
What the 17 happened to the Temple gig? Or have I gone total drunkened blackout retard?

MetEdDawg
12-30-2018, 10:54 PM
Damn. Sucks for Temple. Got their HC then boom he bails a couple days later.

How far has Miami fallen? They just hired a guy that has never been the head coach for a football game. Their name recognition should be nonexistent at this point.

CadaverDawg
12-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Hurts us with Emerson, right?

TUSK
12-30-2018, 10:59 PM
I read his buyout at Temple is $4M....

Poor bastards...

TUSK
12-30-2018, 11:00 PM
What the 17 happened to the Temple gig? Or have I gone total drunkened blackout retard?

He took Temple gig... Then Richt quit/got fired...

parabrave
12-30-2018, 11:00 PM
Another Freeze like hire. He will turn away when all the Shapiros over there start it up again.

Homedawg
12-30-2018, 11:01 PM
Happy for the guy. He's a good coach and good guy. He will do well. His wife on the other hand......

Homedawg
12-30-2018, 11:03 PM
Emerson ....ugh

Bully13
12-30-2018, 11:04 PM
Canes and shitbirds sleep in the same bed. They both did overtime in the sewer and deserve their fate. Meanwhile, a good institution, Temple, takes it in the ass as an innocent bystander. Sports God works in mysterious ways.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2018, 11:05 PM
Hurts us with Emerson, right?

It ain't good.

msstate7
12-30-2018, 11:07 PM
Temple should wait till manny hires an oc and offer the HC job to him haha

Dawgowar
12-30-2018, 11:16 PM

Temple should offer Rich Rod.

msstate7
12-30-2018, 11:17 PM
Temple should offer Rich Rod.

That would be funny. In reality though, temple should offer Kendal briles

bulldawg28
12-30-2018, 11:21 PM
Manny doesn't appear to know what he wants imo. He's always job hunting.

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 11:22 PM
I hope Temple hires Todd Grantham and Florida fans get to learn early that Mullen can't keep DCs. Also would be Diaz screwing Mullen again.
Could also be a possibility of Diaz screwing State again with Temple coming after Shoop.

Quaoarsking
12-30-2018, 11:22 PM
So I'm guessing this means Richt made his retirement decision out of the blue (or was forced out) within the last 3 weeks, since Manny surely wouldn't have taken the Temple job if he had any idea this may be coming.

Also, it's kinda sleazy of Manny to leave the job so soon. But not out of character.

MarketingBully
12-30-2018, 11:30 PM
Dumb hire by Miami. Diaz was a decent DC but he was not a recruiter. Not sure why this would have an impact on Emerson considering Diaz was DC/LB coach and not a secondary coach (i.e. he never recruited him). The big winner in all of this is Dan Mullen. It’s been a long long time when both FSU and Miami both had HCs this bad.

Matt3467
12-30-2018, 11:32 PM
That's a dirt bag move by Diaz, but not surprised by it one bit as he comes out to be a very selfish person anyway. Well, I guess Temple made a free 4m bucks.

MarketingBully
12-30-2018, 11:33 PM
Wow. I think they could've done better

Temple could have done better. This will work out better for Temple in the long run. I’d go after Bill Clark and use that $6.5 million they are getting from GT and Miami to secure a great contract for Clark.

Bully13
12-30-2018, 11:34 PM
That's a dirt bag move by Diaz, but not surprised by it one bit as he comes out to be a very selfish person anyway. Well, I guess Temple made a free 4m bucks.

Not an unreasonable take on manny. He's proven to be quite hoeish.

MetEdDawg
12-30-2018, 11:36 PM
Dumb hire by Miami. Diaz was a decent DC but he was not a recruiter. Not sure why this would have an impact on Emerson considering Diaz was DC/LB coach and not a secondary coach (i.e. he never recruited him). The big winner in all of this is Dan Mullen. It?s been a long long time when both FSU and Miami both had HCs this bad.

You do realize that as the DC he would have a pretty important part of the recruitment of Emerson, who is a CB right? Jarrian Jones primary was our RB coach Charles Huff. It's not done by position. The position coach and the coordinator on that side of the ball are always going to be involved, but in most schools coaches have regions where they are assigned.

MarketingBully
12-30-2018, 11:38 PM
You do realize that as the DC he would have a pretty important part of the recruitment of Emerson right? Jarrian Jones primary was our RB coach Charles Huff.

He’s not a recruiter. He’s a glorified Chavis. He’s a decent DC but that’s about it.

RocketDawg
12-30-2018, 11:41 PM
Damn. Sucks for Temple. Got their HC then boom he bails a couple days later.

How far has Miami fallen? They just hired a guy that has never been the head coach for a football game. Their name recognition should be nonexistent at this point.

We did that too about 10 years ago. :) And the one before that too.

RocketDawg
12-30-2018, 11:43 PM

That would be funny. Wish they'd do it.

MarketingBully
12-30-2018, 11:48 PM

Both Mullen and Moorhead were considered the hot coordinators at the time and were both offensive minded coaches. Mullen had just come off winning a national title and Moorhead was largely considered the OC to save Franklin’s job. Diaz really hasn’t done shit to even be in the same conversation as Mullen and Moorhead and we are MSU not Miami who has won numerous natties in the past 30 years. Trust me, they could have done a hell of a lot better then Diaz.

Tripp McNeely
12-30-2018, 11:55 PM
It ain't good.

Replace him with JRP and fall up!

Cooterpoot
12-30-2018, 11:55 PM
He was fired as DC a few years ago. He won’t last long at Miami.

MetEdDawg
12-30-2018, 11:57 PM

Yeah. But we aren't Miami. Huge difference. Miami was the best program in all of college football less than 20 years ago. Now they are hiring a guy that has been the DC at 4 different schools in the last 6 years and was the HC at Temple for less than a month, never head coached in a game, and now takes over.

I'm all maroon, but comparing us to Miami is laughable

MarketingBully
12-31-2018, 12:05 AM
Yeah. But we aren't Miami. Huge difference. Miami was the best program in all of college football less than 20 years ago. Now they are hiring a guy that has been the DC at 4 different schools in the last 6 years and was the HC at Temple for less than a month, never head coached in a game, and now takes over.

I'm all maroon, but comparing us to Miami is laughable

They aren’t even going with the hot coordinator name. For instance if Miami had hired Brent Venerables from Clemson instead of Diaz, it would be comparable to Mullen and Moorhead. Diaz isn’t even a hot coordinator name.

Bothrops
12-31-2018, 12:05 AM
This may go ok, or could go really bad. I can't see homerun here at all though. Will be interesting to see Collins vs Manny. This is likely a continuation of mediocrity for the U.

Dawg61
12-31-2018, 12:09 AM
Diaz daddy was the mayor of Miami for eight years and Manny is the inventor of the turnover chain that every other defense copies now. I can see why Miami hired him. Do I think it's a good hire? No but I can see why they did it.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2018, 12:13 AM
They aren’t even going with the hot coordinator name. For instance if Miami had hired Brent Venerables from Clemson instead of Diaz, it would be comparable to Mullen and Moorhead. Diaz isn’t even a hot coordinator name.

Let's not act like Miami didn't have the #2 Defense in the country this year.

MetEdDawg
12-31-2018, 12:13 AM
This may go ok, or could go really bad. I can't see homerun here at all though. Will be interesting to see Collins vs Manny. This is likely a continuation of mediocrity for the U.

You have to hope this turns out like Dabo where you have a first time HC that establishes a new culture from the ground up. Problem is Manny Daz was hired because of all his Miami connections. Hard to make those changes when you bring a guy in for that reason.

I project this goes very poorly.

Bully13
12-31-2018, 12:19 AM
Manny's dad was mayor of Miami. Nuff said.

Cooterpoot
12-31-2018, 12:22 AM
Let's not act like Miami didn't have the #2 Defense in the country this year.

Meh....they got lit up a couple times when they played legit teams. And the ACC was bad minus Clemson.

Todd4State
12-31-2018, 12:26 AM
I can understand why Manny would take the Miami job. It would be like me taking the Temple job and MSU's job coming open suddenly a couple of weeks after the Temple job. I would definitely go to MSU in that situation as would anyone else on this board probably. The silver lining for Temple is they get 4 million dollars and they can use that towards the next hire which is a good thing.

Dawg61
12-31-2018, 12:26 AM
Manny's dad was mayor of Miami. Nuff said.

Where's my rep for learning you that

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YP0gTEMlzDU/U_A8uWHPBtI/AAAAAAAAXbY/v6eHrJbHdhc/s1600/I%2Bcan't%2Bsee%2Bshit.jpg

Ifyouonlyknew
12-31-2018, 12:27 AM
Meh....they got lit up a couple times when they played legit teams. And the ACC was bad minus Clemson.

Just saying they finished #2 in the country.

Dawg61
12-31-2018, 12:29 AM
I can understand why Manny would take the Miami job. It would be like me taking the Temple job and MSU's job coming open suddenly a couple of weeks after the Temple job. I would definitely go to MSU in that situation as would anyone else on this board probably. The silver lining for Temple is they get 4 million dollars and they can use that towards the next hire which is a good thing.

Be interesting to see if Temple fans burn pictures of Diaz and the country turns him into a villain like everyone did to Lane Kiffin when he took the USC job after only being at Tennessee for a year. We already know the answer.

Todd4State
12-31-2018, 01:19 AM
Be interesting to see if Temple fans burn pictures of Diaz and the country turns him into a villain like everyone did to Lane Kiffin when he took the USC job after only being at Tennessee for a year. We already know the answer.

Lane Kiffen does a lot to deserve the crap he gets. But leaving Tennessee for his dream job wasn't one of those things IMO.

Pit Bull
12-31-2018, 02:06 AM
Dumb hire by Miami. Diaz was a decent DC but he was not a recruiter. Not sure why this would have an impact on Emerson considering Diaz was DC/LB coach and not a secondary coach (i.e. he never recruited him). The big winner in all of this is Dan Mullen. It?s been a long long time when both FSU and Miami both had HCs this bad.

Yep.....HUGE win for Don Merlin. He will now OWN the state's best prospects and the best team. I expect to see the Gatahs in Hotlanta soon playing Bummer on a regular basis. Probably them and UGA rotating vs BAMA for the SECC.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2018, 02:28 AM
Manny doesn't appear to know what he wants imo. He's always job hunting.

Hes always known what hes wanted, its where he's at now.

He told our players his first day back the 2nd go round that if Miami ever offered him he was gone

Todd4State
12-31-2018, 02:32 AM
Yep.....HUGE win for Don Merlin. He will now OWN the state's best prospects and the best team. I expect to see the Gatahs in Hotlanta soon playing Bummer on a regular basis. Probably them and UGA rotating vs BAMA for the SECC.

I expect him to continue to lose to Georgia and not recruit up to their standards. So far I've been right.

Sienfield
12-31-2018, 08:17 AM
Just saying they finished #2 in the country.

That's like saying Michigan has the number one defense. Ask Ohio State and Florida about that.

Sienfield
12-31-2018, 08:18 AM
I'd say Temple dodged a bullet.

chef dixon
12-31-2018, 08:58 AM
He is a little bitch always flip flopping his whole career. Knee jerk hire to keep their current culture intact. Will be 7-5 every year.

Bottom line is if Miami is truly your dream job that you would dash there twice and drop everything, then you do not leave a DC position there to go be a HC at Temple.

dawgday166
12-31-2018, 11:28 AM
Temple seems to like former Mullen DCs. So they need to go get Todd Grantham. That would set Mullen back a ways.

bulldawg28
12-31-2018, 12:26 PM
Hes always known what hes wanted, its where he's at now.

He told our players his first day back the 2nd go round that if Miami ever offered him he was gone

Hmmmmmm...... maybe that's his dream job. However, no way he told the team that and they respect him enough to play for him. Mullen also would have fired him on the spot for bringing that type of confusion to the locker room.

bulldawg28
12-31-2018, 12:27 PM
He is a little bitch always flip flopping his whole career. Knee jerk hire to keep their current culture intact. Will be 7-5 every year.

Bottom line is if Miami is truly your dream job that you would dash there twice and drop everything, then you do not leave a DC position there to go be a HC at Temple.

Agreed 100%