PDA

View Full Version : They are dropping like flies in the NFL

Dawgowar
12-30-2018, 08:58 PM
Tampa, NY Jets - sure more to come. Hard to see how the college coaching ranks are not effected this go around.

msstate7
12-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Broncos has to be soon

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Jets plan to make a run at Harbaugh.

I'm curious who would replace him at Michigan if he leaves for the NFL?

msstate7
12-30-2018, 09:04 PM

If I'm Michigan, I call these guys: bob stoops, pj fleck, Matt Campbell, Dan Mullen, Dino babers

Dawgowar
12-30-2018, 09:10 PM

Nick Saban please.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2018, 09:16 PM
Nick Saban please.

This is the conundrum of Saban:

He wants to keep coaching because he loves the challenge while coaching at a place that isn't a challenge. If he really wants a challenge, he should go to Michigan & show he can win a natty there.

msstate7
12-30-2018, 09:19 PM

He wants to keep coaching because he loves the challenge while coaching at a place that isn't a challenge. If he really wants a challenge, he should go to Michigan & show he can win a natty there.

3 years tops if he went. Recruits will follow him to Antarctica at this point. Only challenge left is nfl

TUSK
12-30-2018, 09:25 PM

Why Michigan? wouldn't winning a NC at, say, Arkansas be more challenging?

msstate7
12-30-2018, 09:26 PM

Or miss state? Lol

dawgday166
12-30-2018, 09:27 PM
3 years tops if he went. Recruits will follow him to Antarctica at this point. Only challenge left is nfl

Disagree. Need a network/boosters. Getting those refs in your back pockets takes some clout too.

ETA: Saban doesn't really want to "compete".

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2018, 09:29 PM

I agree. That's why it would at least be interesting if he went somewhere else

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2018, 09:30 PM

Good point

Mutt the Hoople
12-30-2018, 09:36 PM
You got to remember that he was a good but not great coach at Michigan State, and had his WTF? moments at LSU (losing to UAB in 2000, for example).

Alabama is the perfect combination of a National Brand Name, big-money boosters, just-as-big-money hangers-on and wannabes who are willing to do what it takes to get the top players to Alabama (with the Athletic Department's Denial Of Responsibility), and will fall on their sword if caught (losing season-ticket privileges, etc.).

One thing that Saban DID do was unite all the different Bammer factions (the Birmingham faction led by Paul Bryant, Jr., the Dallas faction led by Lee Roy Jordan, etc.), and I don't know of any Bammer coach since Bear who could do that.

Dawgowar
12-30-2018, 09:42 PM

Alaska Football - CATCH THE FEVER!

Dawgbite
12-30-2018, 09:56 PM
Saban doesn’t want to compete, Saban wants to dominate. He ain’t leaving Bama for any other college. NFL? Maybe?

Mutt the Hoople
12-30-2018, 10:01 PM
Saban doesn’t want to compete, Saban wants to dominate. He ain’t leaving Bama for any other college. NFL? Maybe?

He isn't going to the NFL. He can intimidate college players. NFL players? naw.

TrapGame
12-30-2018, 10:27 PM
I'd love for Saban to get the NFL itch again but he got a heavy dose of NFL reality with the Dolphins.

TUSK
12-30-2018, 10:28 PM
He isn't going to the NFL. He can intimidate college players. NFL players? naw.

Maybe not, but rumor has it he could make em cry....

How many things changed for various teams/programs when the Dolphins DRs decided not to clear Brees medically????