PDA

View Full Version : Rich rod to OM

msstate7
12-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Bruce Feldman tweeted it's expected.

We really need to close the deal with Mingo

KOdawg1
12-30-2018, 08:10 PM
Head coach in waiting for when Luke gets canned?

This honestly is hilarious. They're so incompetent, they have no clue how to get themselves out of this mess.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2018, 08:24 PM
Mingo should be a given to us now. Rich Rod offenses ain't throwing.

Corral may need to transfer. No way he fits that offense

HoopsDawg
12-30-2018, 08:41 PM

What an awful hire.

Liverpooldawg
12-30-2018, 08:42 PM
So after one year without the guy calling hookers, they hire a guy with a sexual harassment case going through the courts. They ARE Ole Miss.

msstate7
12-30-2018, 08:47 PM
What an awful hire.

According to who they run out there at qb next season. I think pellerin could slim up and potentially be the guy. They gonna suck fierce next season though regardless of who the OC is

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2018, 08:48 PM
Hire feels like an audition for Rich Rod or a hostile take over.

I'm curious if Luke made the call on this?

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2018, 08:49 PM
According to who they run out there at qb next season. I think pellerin could slim up and potentially be the guy. They gonna suck fierce next season though regardless of who the OC is

Corral in that offense will look about like Franks & Russell did in Mullen's offense. Poor fit.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2018, 08:57 PM
So is Luke just gonna take a nap during games?

What is he going to do?

What an awkward coaching situation. The two coordinators likely have no respect for an OL coach who hasn't accomplished anything & Luke probably feels like he can't fire either coordinator.

The entire OM coordinator situation feels like a tryout for who gets to be the next HC at OM. Mac vs Rich Rod

TrapGame
12-30-2018, 10:17 PM

What is he going to do?

What an awkward coaching situation. The two coordinators likely have no respect for an OL coach who hasn't accomplished anything & Luke probably feels like he can't fire either coordinator.

The entire OM coordinator situation feels like a tryout for who gets to be the next HC at OM. Mac vs Rich Rod

I find it hilarious om just hired a former HC with a better record and far more experience than the current head coach to be the frickin' OC. <insert head scratch emoji here>

Rich Rod may be a retread but he's still a better HC than Luke.

I wonder if Luke has the brains (I seriously doubt it) to realize he just hired his replacement after next season.

MetEdDawg
12-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Tweet of the night from Pete Thamel. Ole Miss held off a late push from Utah for Rich Rod. Good to know OM is swimming with the big fish on their coordinator hires.

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1079567708260315138?s=21

AlSwearengen
12-30-2018, 10:58 PM
I wonder if Dannis Jackson understands what this likely means.

I also wonder if Luke is on board with hiring a DC and OC who are there to replace him after next season is over. If he is, he is a damn good rebel.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2018, 11:06 PM
I wonder if Dannis Jackson understands what this likely means.

I also wonder if Luke is on board with hiring a DC and OC who are there to replace him after next season is over. If he is, he is a damn good rebel.

OM could've hired Paul Johnson & Dannis would've signed with OM.

Bully13
12-30-2018, 11:20 PM
This shit is too damned funny. Shitbird snorting pig diarrhea while getting banged in the rear. Was it worth it shitbird?

Spiderman
12-30-2018, 11:46 PM

Not a bad hire, football wise. Don't see how they could have expected much better

Cooterpoot
12-31-2018, 12:01 AM
NWO- No Wideout’s Offense

Todd4State
12-31-2018, 12:33 AM

What is he going to do?

I have a feeling that Luke knows that he is a placeholder there at least to a large degree. I think the fact that they have two former head coaches who probably both expect to be a candidate to get the job when Luke leaves makes it that much more awkward. They actually have three with Jack Bicknell Jr. being the former coach at La Tech for about 8 years and I would imagine that he would also expect to have some consideration for the interim spot as well. He has a resume that is comparable to McIntyre.

They'll paint Luke as a "good Rebel" who helped them get through probation and was in a no win situation.

Todd4State
12-31-2018, 12:36 AM

I suspect that they will go the grad transfer or JUCO route. At least that's what they typically do. The Corral transferring rumor has been out there for awhile even before the season ended.

Todd4State
12-31-2018, 12:38 AM
Hire feels like an audition for Rich Rod or a hostile take over.

I'm curious if Luke made the call on this?

Luke wants to run a run first offense so I'm sure he had some say in it to a degree. I have a feeling that he was probably going more for someone like Will Hall than someone with OC/HC experience but Ole Miss has to make a "splash".

It was probably more "I want to do this on offense" and then the Network tried to find someone that "fit" what they were looking for.

Cooterpoot
12-31-2018, 12:45 AM
They’re desperate and Mingo is looking now.

Todd4State
12-31-2018, 01:18 AM
Stolen from 247:

These are Arizona's stats from 2017 with Rich Rodriguez

4,280 yards on 613 attempts. (47 rush attempts per game)

2,343 yards on 295 pass attempts at 7.9 yards per attempt. (22 pass attempts per game)

Dawgfan77
12-31-2018, 07:53 AM
Soooo.. OM is now gonna run a run first spread option and we are now going to run a pass first offense.... wow times have changed

msbulldog
12-31-2018, 08:45 AM
Who's TSUN going to run a run-first offense with? Scottie Phillips? He's not very durable.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-31-2018, 09:30 AM
Who's TSUN going to run a run-first offense with? Scottie Phillips? He's not very durable.

Who would they be a pass first offense with? Miles Battle? Who will they be anything with without 3 OL starters, including the best 2? OM will suck no matter what next year, so ma as well make the style change

NWADAWG
12-31-2018, 09:58 AM
I think they will keep Fat Luke (Fluke as I call him) on staff as cheating / recruiting coordinator after his coaching is done. He will handle everything and give the new coach some degree of plausible deniability.

Mutt the Hoople
12-31-2018, 12:11 PM
Hiring Head Coaches to fill out your staff always works out well.

Sincerely,

Curley Hallman
John Blake
Ron Cooper

BeardoMSU
12-31-2018, 06:44 PM
It's official now. Bunch of mooks.