PDA

View Full Version : Saints

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 04:47 PM
Bridgewater did not look good today.
I know the game was meaningless but I hate the idea of getting blown out today and having a bye next week and then playing a good team in the playoffs. With the no pads practice rules it will be three weeks with little hitting and no competition for the guys that didn't play today. The Dome will be a huge advantage but I would expect the Saints to struggle more in their first playoff game than their second. I still expect them to go to the Super Bowl but it could get dicey if a team comes in that gets hot at the right time.

Jacksondevildog
12-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Every team in the NFL would have handled the situation the same way. The game was meaningless and you couldn't get your main guys hurt. If a team gets hot and beats the Saints in the dome, so be it. It's the NFL playoffs. Im a huge Saints fan and I agreed with holding certain guys out today.

msstate7
12-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Drew Brees pretty good, eh? You definitely see how good when he isn't out there. Saints offense isn't super talented, but Sean and brees are beyond special

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 04:59 PM
Drew Brees pretty good, eh? You definitely see how good when he isn't out there. Saints offense isn't super talented, but Sean and brees are beyond special

The best thing about the long lay-off is that is shouldn't really affect Brees and his receivers. Brees is a master and he will keep those guys active and sharp.

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 05:07 PM
Every team in the NFL would have handled the situation the same way. The game was meaningless and you couldn't get your main guys hurt. If a team gets hot and beats the Saints in the dome, so be it. It's the NFL playoffs. Im a huge Saints fan and I agreed with holding certain guys out today.

I'm not saying the Saints should have done something different but you can't say every team would handle it the same way when Dak played the entire game today and Dallas will be the better for it in the playoffs. Each team handles these situations differently. Dallas held Zeke out but not Dak. The only no brainer for the Saints was holding Brees out.

msstate7
12-30-2018, 05:09 PM
I'm not saying the Saints should have done something different but you can't say every team would handle it the same way when Dak played the entire game today and Dallas will be the better for it in the playoffs. Each team handles these situations differently. Dallas held Zeke out but not Dak. The only no brainer for the Saints was holding Brees out.

Glad they held bushrod and kamara out. Kamara got too much work early in the season bc of Ingram suspension. I thought Ginn should've played

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 05:22 PM
Glad they held bushrod and kamara out. Kamara got too much work early in the season bc of Ingram suspension. I thought Ginn should've played

Is Armstead pretty much out for the playoffs?

msstate7
12-30-2018, 05:26 PM
Is Armstead pretty much out for the playoffs?

Big secret. Not sure anyone knows

msbulldog
12-30-2018, 05:46 PM
Payton handled it the same way in 2009 and we won the SB! WHO DAT!

msstate7
12-30-2018, 09:15 PM
Saints will host either cowboys or eagles 340 on Sunday Jan 12

VandelayIndustries
12-30-2018, 09:23 PM

Saints will play winner of dallas/seattle, or the Eagles if they beat Chicago

msstate7
12-30-2018, 09:23 PM
Or the Eagles if they beat Chicago

Van, read what you quoted again haha

VandelayIndustries
12-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Yea sorry I edited haha

msstate7
12-30-2018, 09:26 PM
Yea sorry I edited haha

It happens... to me, a lot

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Hope we get to show Dallas what Dome field advantage is. Sorry Dak.

Jacksondevildog
12-30-2018, 09:34 PM
Weren?t the Cowboys playing for seeding? It?s not unusual for the top players to sit out in these situations. I?m not sure why that is so hard to understand. If you bought a ticket and saw them get killed, deal with it.

msstate7
12-30-2018, 09:37 PM
Weren?t the Cowboys playing for seeding? It?s not unusual for the top players to sit out in these situations. I?m not sure why that is so hard to understand. If you bought a ticket and saw them get killed, deal with it.

No, cowboys were locked in at 4-seed

Jacksondevildog
12-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Ok. My point still remains. Thanks.
No, cowboys were locked in at 4-seed

msstate7
12-30-2018, 09:50 PM

I'm wrong here. It could be eagles, cowboys, or Seahawks. If bears and Seahawks win, we get Seattle

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 09:50 PM

Nope, Cowboys weren't but I'll deal with it. Thanks for the advice. Good talk.