PDA

View Full Version : Houston Fires Major Applewhite

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2018, 02:04 PM
Does Houston go grab Kendall Briles away from FSU OC?

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/1079451867132948481

msstate7
12-30-2018, 02:06 PM
If they're smart, they will. Houston might just say F it and hire art

Dawgfan77
12-30-2018, 02:07 PM
If only there was a thread about this. Just messin with ya

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?72044-Applewhite-to-be-fired&p=1046171

MetEdDawg
12-30-2018, 02:13 PM
This search is going to be a disaster for them. They fired an 8-4 coach and keep boasting about how big time they are. They are going to have a tough time finding the person they want. And Applewhite will land on his feet. Dealing with the Oliver stuff as a young coach plus having a good record will land him another HC job.

IMissJack
12-30-2018, 02:47 PM
This search is going to be a disaster for them. They fired an 8-4 coach and keep boasting about how big time they are. They are going to have a tough time finding the person they want. And Applewhite will land on his feet. Dealing with the Oliver stuff as a young coach plus having a good record will land him another HC job.

They probably already have someone in mind. They are the most delusional bunch around though, and they are called Cougar High for a reason.

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Won't be long until "sources" report that Applewhite is interested in the OC job at Ole Miss.

MetEdDawg
12-30-2018, 02:52 PM
They probably already have someone in mind. They are the most delusional bunch around though, and they are called Cougar High for a reason.

They think they can get Holgorsen and apparently they might be right. He apparently is not happy at West Virginia. But I'm not sure who takes that job with their AD saying we fire coaches that go 8-4 and then actually doing it. That's entirely too much pressure at a job that is entirely too inconsistent to coach at.

That program has 2 Top 25 finishes since 1990. Good luck finding someone that has a decent track record that says yeah sign me up for that stupidity.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2018, 02:56 PM
I won't be shocked if Holgerson takes the job.

redstickdawg
12-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Cougar high may only be exceeded by the shitbirds in terms of delusions of grandeur. I hope that they fall flat on their face in a big way. You don't fore an 8-4 coach unless there are other major Ncaa issues or the like. So the new coach has no leeway in terms of down years. Their pres is an idiot of immense proportions.

IMissJack
12-30-2018, 03:13 PM
Cougar high may only be exceeded by the shitbirds in terms of delusions of grandeur. I hope that they fall flat on their face in a big way. You don't fore an 8-4 coach unless there are other major Ncaa issues or the like. So the new coach has no leeway in terms of down years. Their pres is an idiot of immense proportions.

I think there are a few rich alums pulling the strings and the Pres. is just along for the ride. Their ultimate goal is to be in the Big XII, but they don't have anything to offer to the conference, and they can't comprehend that. They do not offer any television coverage areas that Texas, TCU, Tech, etc. don't already have covered. I have lived in or just outside Houston for 25 years, and have almost no friends that follow them. I know a few that went there, but they do not follow them like true fans. On the other hand, I have numerous friends/contacts that follow closely... A&M, UT, LSU, MSU, Ok, Ark, etc.