PDA

View Full Version : Severe potential tomorow. Take heed if you're traveling.

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2018, 12:46 PM
Main threat looks to be straight line winds but tornadoes will at least be possible - especially if we can become more unstable. This system looks to be a typical winter low CAPE / high shear storm system. Doesn't look like a widespread event by any means, but what storms that do develop have a chance to pack a punch.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk_1730.gif?1546191673343

Mimi's Babies
12-30-2018, 02:09 PM
Leave the tornadoes out of it please.
Two this year has been enough...
Happy New Year...

Mimi's Babies
12-30-2018, 02:13 PM
Leave the tornadoes out of it please.
Two this year has been enough...
Happy New Year...

We have family flying tomorrow. Any idea about the time frame for this weather?

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 02:24 PM
I'm taking my daughter to NOLA airport tomorrow morning from south Mississippi. I hope the worst stays north of us like it looks now. I'm not looking forward to the drive.

RocketDawg
12-30-2018, 03:49 PM
I'm taking my daughter to NOLA airport tomorrow morning from south Mississippi. I hope the worst stays north of us like it looks now. I'm not looking forward to the drive.

Speaking of the New Orleans airport ... have they finished building the new one yet? Last I saw and heard, they were doing a huge upgrade.

LC Dawg
12-30-2018, 03:58 PM
Speaking of the New Orleans airport ... have they finished building the new one yet? Last I saw and heard, they were doing a huge upgrade.

I don't know when it is scheduled to open but it is huge. Probably have a few more millions to funnel into politicians pockets.
I travel two hours to NOLA to fly instead of an hour to Jackson because of the large disparity in rates. The new terminal in NOLA should increase the disparity.

RocketDawg
12-30-2018, 05:49 PM
I don't know when it is scheduled to open but it is huge. Probably have a few more millions to funnel into politicians pockets.
I travel two hours to NOLA to fly instead of an hour to Jackson because of the large disparity in rates. The new terminal in NOLA should increase the disparity.

They also have a lot more destinations and a lot more flights to choose from. Rates are low because, to a great degree, of tourism and airline competition. Businesses are willing to pay high rates; tourists are not. New Orleans isn't that huge a city/area in population, but there is a big demand for air travel. They have over 12M passengers a year, and that's big since they're not a hub for any airline.

RougeDawg
12-30-2018, 08:18 PM

Supposed to be opening sometime in 2019(said early but most likely 2nd half). From the looks of it the terminal area is not far from finished. The access road is a clusterf*ck at the moment. It?s almost as if they completely forgot about how to get people in and out until they were over 50% completed. That?s NOLA and Louisiana for ya.

The terminal area is going to be sweet. Only one entrance and one security checkpoint. Once you get in you can go to any terminal and try any restaurant. Have heard they will hold most of the top restaurants from around the city. Currently if you fly southwest you are relegated to shit food choices and one or 2 crappy bar areas. The other two terminals now have decent food/bar selections e

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2018, 10:37 PM
We have family flying tomorrow. Any idea about the time frame for this weather?

Looking like a daylight event for once. Probably move into the state between 9-10am and exit between 4-6pm.