PDA

View Full Version : The true shape of the situation in Oxford is showing with these coordinator hires..

Coursesuper
12-29-2018, 07:05 PM
They obviously tried and failed to attract young more capable coaches and have wound up having to fall back on failed head coaches with real baggage. I feel like they are just throwing money at these guys for one year, and hiring guys to try to make it look good for the rank and file sharks. This is glorious to behold gentleman and ladies absolutely glorious.

Commercecomet24
12-29-2018, 07:09 PM
You are correct, sir! I'm enjoying the dumpster fire that is unm.

LC Dawg
12-29-2018, 07:12 PM
For a former successful D1 coach taking an assistant coaching job at Ole Miss has to feel like a doctor who got addicted to crack having to take a job cleaning toilets.

Todd4State
12-29-2018, 07:21 PM
Yep. Rich Rod and McIntyre are both "See we're still relevant!" hires. They would have done much better with Will Hall IMO.

Bully13
12-29-2018, 07:29 PM
Lmfaoo at shitbird. We've blown 3 different times during my tenure to put the final nail in their coffin. Nows the time to bring the silver bullets, wooden stakes, garlic and sunlight to kill the vampires for good. Let's not blow it this time

Mutt the Hoople
12-29-2018, 07:34 PM
They're reminding me of Miss. State circa 2003. All Luke needs to do now is hire Ron Cooper, John Blake, and Curley Hallman to complete his staff.

WSOPdawg
12-29-2018, 07:38 PM
Lmfaoo at shitbird. We've blown 3 different times during my tenure to put the final nail in their coffin. Nows the time to bring the silver bullets, wooden stakes, garlic and sunlight to kill the vampires for good. Let's not blow it this time

Damn, that's strong!!! But true... lol.

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Yep. Rich Rod and McIntyre are both "See we're still relevant!" hires. They would have done much better with Will Hall IMO.

Did he actually take the job?

Todd4State
12-29-2018, 07:52 PM
Did he actually take the job?

Not yet. But not sure why he wouldn't either honestly. No one else is going to offer him.

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 08:07 PM
Not yet. But not sure why he wouldn't either honestly. No one else is going to offer him.

I don't know what it pays, but it's a heckuva lot more than the vast majority of us posters here make. Probably north of $1M. If he's sitting at home now, I agree ... why would he not take it?

Cooterpoot
12-29-2018, 08:11 PM
Did they hire Rich Rod?

timotheus
12-29-2018, 08:11 PM
My how things change. I remember when Rich was Bama's first choice to replace Shula........

MedDawg
12-29-2018, 08:20 PM
They obviously tried and failed to attract young more capable coaches and have wound up having to fall back on failed head coaches with real baggage. I feel like they are just throwing money at these guys for one year, and hiring guys to try to make it look good for the rank and file sharks. This is glorious to behold gentleman and ladies absolutely glorious.

Agree except they will be paying these coaches for 3 years whether they are on staff that long or not.

Goldendawg
12-29-2018, 08:24 PM

So how long until Bobby Petrino interviews as the RB coach?

Coursesuper
12-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Agree except they will be paying these coaches for 3 years whether they are on staff that long or not.

One year of actually coaching.

Goldendawg
12-29-2018, 08:28 PM
Already paying Crimedog, who had never been a DC, another cool $1 mil plus to not "coach" in 2019.

Bodaski
12-29-2018, 08:58 PM
They are like a rudderless ship. They can't control where they are going because the leadership at OM is so inept at how they handled this whole ordeal. I can't understand for the life of me how Bjork is still employed at a state run institution. I'm sure their president had to resign or he refused to continue on the same path they have been following. Intentional lying to certain people to deceive young men and their families. All of this has been proven time and time again. I can't stand anything about OM, but I'm embarrassed they are a representative from this great state we live in and pay taxes. WE DESERVE BETTER FROM OUR TAX $$$$$.

basedog
12-29-2018, 08:59 PM
Man's got to eat*****

Bully13
12-29-2018, 10:08 PM
Man's got to eat*****

Buzzards too, same for worms.

basedog
12-29-2018, 10:14 PM
Buzzards too, same for worms.

LOL!!

Bully13
12-29-2018, 10:24 PM
LOL!!

Lol, you caught the josey.wales reference? One thing myself all time favs

sandwolf
12-29-2018, 10:32 PM
I can't understand for the life of me how Bjork is still employed at a state run institution.

It's the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Todd4State
12-29-2018, 10:59 PM

That's what happens when your football program is controlled by boosters. You end up with a cesspool of coaches with Ole Miss ties or retreads. It's why Hugh Freeze was probably the best that they could possibly do. They're in a position where they have to keep the bodies hidden. It's obvious that they plan on cheating big time again once probation is over. The problem is they are hurting themselves in the process short and long term.

Liverpooldawg
12-30-2018, 12:05 AM

Rich Rod still has a sexual harassment law suite pending. Given what happened with Freeze they must be REALLY desperate to hire an OC like Rich Rod. He HAS to be about their ONLY option.

Drugs Delaney
12-30-2018, 08:35 AM
They're reminding me of Miss. State circa 2003. All Luke needs to do now is hire Ron Cooper, John Blake, and Curley Hallman to complete his staff.
I was thinking the same thing. I remember GP touting all the years of head coaching experience we had on the staff

Political Hack
12-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Rich Rod still has a sexual harassment law suite pending. Given what happened with Freeze they must be REALLY desperate to hire an OC like Rich Rod. He HAS to be about their ONLY option.

Any recent news on this?

Mimi's Babies
12-30-2018, 03:40 PM

Bjerk must have the death hold on the powers that be at ole .....

Coursesuper
12-30-2018, 03:44 PM

No, he is just good at saying “ Yes Sir whatever you say Sir.

Mimi's Babies
12-30-2018, 03:45 PM

Or know where the bank accounts are located along with the boosters.

Mimi's Babies
12-30-2018, 03:47 PM
No, he is just good at saying “ Yes Sir whatever you say Sir.

He should be... 3 college on NCAA investigation with wrong doings.

Has anyone seen the list of released games negated?

HailState39110
12-30-2018, 08:43 PM

I thought the same thing with the Rich Rod and McIntyre hires . It reminds you of Jackie Sherrill via 2003 and the washed up coaches he was hiring on his staff (Curly Hallman , Ron Copper )

lastmajordog
12-30-2018, 09:00 PM
But the haircuts are outstanding in that town.......

RougeDawg
12-30-2018, 09:17 PM

Bdork not only knows about all the dead bodies, he was the one that buried them. They can?t get rid of him.