PDA

View Full Version : Please win Oklahoma!!!

msstate7
12-29-2018, 07:01 PM
This Bama Clemson crap every year is old. College football for the first time in years has fell behind the nfl for me. College football has become so boring

WSOPdawg
12-29-2018, 07:04 PM
I think Choklahoma has the offensive weapons to go up and down the field with Bama. I'd love nothing better than to see them flush the Tide, but again, they are Choklahoma.

IMissJack
12-29-2018, 07:06 PM
This Bama Clemson crap every year is old. College football for the first time in years has fell behind the nfl for me. College football has become so boring

Yep, and it's not just the because the same 4 or 5 teams are in the playoff, though that is the biggest part. All the bowl tie-ins make the same teams eligible for the same bowls every other year. The old days where the bowls actually meant something is missed. It is just the same thing every post season now.

MetEdDawg
12-29-2018, 07:22 PM
Alabama has too many athletes. Their job should be to make Kyler run it as many times as possible. Bama has the offensive weapons to score 50 and the defense to win a game in the teens.

Bama is too good.

LC Dawg
12-29-2018, 07:38 PM
I hope they lose by 50 but if Tua is healthy I think Bama wins easily.
It is getting old.

CadaverDawg
12-29-2018, 07:43 PM
Yep, and it's not just the because the same 4 or 5 teams are in the playoff, though that is the biggest part. All the bowl tie-ins make the same teams eligible for the same bowls every other year. The old days where the bowls actually meant something is missed. It is just the same thing every post season now.

Agree. Rank the bowls and at least give us 5 vs 6, 7 vs 8, 9 vs 10, etc in some new matchups at places teams rarely go. Would make it way more fun than the tie ins

maroonmania
12-29-2018, 07:52 PM
I could script it I would have Bama losing due to a bad call. That would be delicious.

CadaverDawg
12-29-2018, 07:59 PM
I could script it I would have Bama losing due to a bad call. That would be delicious.

A blatant hold by OU that isn't called, resulting in game winning TD

msstate7
12-29-2018, 08:01 PM

Or a defensive PI that isn't called on OK

LC Dawg
12-29-2018, 08:01 PM

I vote for a phantom block in the back negating a winning td by Bama.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 08:02 PM
I vote for a phantom block in the back negating a winning td by Bama.

Winner

RocketDawg

Yeah, that would be perfect payback.

Bama may actually get called for offensive holding tonight since they aren't using SEC officials. Might even be several calls since they're so used to getting away with it.

CadaverDawg
Meanwhile I bet on Bama -14, ha

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 08:04 PM
I was invited to one of my golf buddy's house tonight to watch the game with him and about a dozen other Bama fans. I declined. Can you imagine being in that room??

Liverpooldawg
12-29-2018, 08:04 PM

I grew up when Barry Switzer was the Oklahoma coach. I ain't pulling for Oklahoma unless they are playing Ole Miss.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 08:05 PM
Meanwhile I bet on Bama -14, ha

Always smarter to bet with your head than your heart like I did today

BuckyIsAB****
12-29-2018, 08:05 PM

If you think the NFL is better than CFB in anything I cant help you.

Bama and Clemson are the best two, dont like it, beat em.

timotheus
12-29-2018, 08:08 PM
I'm afraid that Saban will expose the sooner D, or lack thereof very blatantly tonite.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 08:09 PM

Got news for you... I ain't alone on nfl. 90% of college matchups are garbage.

maroonmania
12-29-2018, 08:12 PM
Always smarter to bet with your head than your heart like I did today

Yep, in reality I will shocked if its even still a game in the 4th quarter. Expect Bama to win going away.

IMissJack
12-29-2018, 08:12 PM

The difference is everyone in the NFL plays by the same rules... That way, you can beat them.

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 08:13 PM
They've got the A Team tonight ... both Laura Rutledge and Mariah Taylor are there.

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 08:14 PM
The difference is everyone in the NFL plays by the same rules... That way, you can beat them.

That, plus the way the drafts go, i.e., the worst team gets the first choice in players.

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 08:16 PM
I'm afraid that Saban will expose the sooner D, or lack thereof very blatantly tonite.

Did it on the first play from scrimmage.

dawgday166
12-29-2018, 08:19 PM

Bama wins game due to favorable officiating, but they'll never lose one due to poor officiating. NCAA/SEC/REC won't allow it.

dawgday166
12-29-2018, 08:24 PM
I was invited to one of my golf buddy's house tonight to watch the game with him and about a dozen other Bama fans. I declined. Can you imagine being in that room??

Can you imagine being in a room full of Bammers when they lost to AU last year and one of the ladies there, went to Bama and is a child psychologist no less, got so pissed at Bama she screamed at TV calling them a bunch of f***ing losers SMFH LOL.

MetEdDawg
12-29-2018, 08:24 PM
Guys this isn't even fair. Bama is about to literally destroy Oklahoma

maroonmania
12-29-2018, 08:30 PM
That, plus the way the drafts go, i.e., the worst team gets the first choice in players.

NFL desires and promotes parity which has really helped make their product as popular as it. NCAA really doesn't want parity and the recruiting in college prevents parity. For the most part the same programs will always be the elite because they get their choice of the best HS talent every year and can afford to hire and keep the best coaches.

dawgday166
12-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Jonah Williams is overrated too.

IMissJack
12-29-2018, 08:47 PM
NFL desires and promotes parity which has really helped make their product as popular as it. NCAA really doesn't want parity and the recruiting in college prevents parity. For the most part the same programs will always be the elite because they get their choice of the best HS talent every year and can afford to hire and keep the best coaches.

I'm just saying that there are some programs that the NCAA will never touch.

Todd4State
12-29-2018, 09:03 PM

I figure the sooner that Saban breaks the Bear's records the better it is for us.

Pit Bull
12-29-2018, 09:55 PM
I hope they lose by 50 but if Tua is healthy I think Bama wins easily.
It is getting old.

Hurts could beat OK just as easily as Tua could.

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 10:17 PM
Bama sure is racking up the penalties tonight for such a well-disciplined team, one who got no penalties against us, except for a kickoff that went out of bounds.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-29-2018, 10:25 PM

It's not that I don't like it, it's that it's incredibly boring. Add in that at least 1/4 of an SEC football schedule is straight garbage by default, and it begins to beconme easier for the NFL to become competitive in entertainment value. .

sandwolf
12-29-2018, 10:41 PM
I figure the sooner that Saban breaks the Bear's records the better it is for us.

Honestly, I don't think that is going to matter. Assuming his health holds, I think he'll coach for at least another decade and I could easily see him going into his 80's.....I just cannot picture Saban ever kicking his feet up and being content in retirement. I sure do hope I'm wrong though.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 10:53 PM
Oklahoma needs a TO. If they get it, this could get interesting

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 11:08 PM
Alabama's #75 Samia is really screwing up tonight. Got a couple of penalties, and deserved one there for beating up on Murray. I didn't see a flag though.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-29-2018, 11:11 PM
That hit on Murray is an ejection for any player on any other team in the nation. Announcers spent more time talking about the OLineman that didn't like the hit.

Goldendawg
12-29-2018, 11:13 PM
bama players starting to thug it up. No flags of course.

Pit Bull
12-30-2018, 07:47 AM
Bama sure is racking up the penalties tonight for such a well-disciplined team, one who got no penalties against us, except for a kickoff that went out of bounds.

It's because they have an ACC officiating crew. That crew would rather Clemson play OK than BAMA. They are not going to let BAMA have any home cooking like they normally get. In fact, I saw several instances where they went out of their way to penalize BAMA when it probably should have been a no call. The NCAA really should have had a PAC-10 or Mountain West crew officiating that game. An ACC crew has "interest" in the outcome, and IMO, any conference that has an "interest" in the outcome of a playoff or bowl game should not be officiating the game.

Hambone
12-30-2018, 08:04 AM
They've got the A Team tonight ... both Laura Rutledge and Mariah Taylor are there.

Those are some beautiful ladies, right there!