PDA

View Full Version : Peach Bowl

Activated Alpha
12-29-2018, 11:09 AM
Game is an hour away between my Wolverines and Donny Two-Shoes Mullins. I want to believe that he will get curb stomped which should happen and would be glorious to see, but I feel like he will play this game close. What say you guys?

dawgday166
12-29-2018, 11:17 AM
Gators win.

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 11:21 AM
I think the Gators win too, but I'll pull for Michigan since I'm a Wolverine "alumnus" ... took a two-week short course there one time.

Cooterpoot
12-29-2018, 11:21 AM
I’ll take Michigan. I don’t think either team will be motivated for this one though.

CadaverDawg
12-29-2018, 11:25 AM
Don will win. He ain't shopping...he's tough when he's focused on the task at hand

Hawkeyegoofball
12-29-2018, 11:32 AM
Game is an hour away between my Wolverines and Donny Two-Shoes Mullins. I want to believe that he will get curb stomped which should happen and would be glorious to see, but I feel like he will play this game close. What say you guys?

I got Michigan if only because they're not playing Ohio State and therefore have a chance to win.

And they're not playing South Carolina either.

:)

msstate7
12-29-2018, 11:36 AM
Took Michigan and gave the points. Michigan 28-17

ETA... I'm red hot right now with my picks (4 for 4 this week), so I'll probably miss them all today. I've got...

Michigan -6.5
South Carolina -6
ND +13
Oklahoma +16 (gotta love those 2 extra points at golden moon)

Mutt the Hoople
12-29-2018, 11:38 AM
If yesterday's Auburn-Purdue game is any indication, the SEC teams are much faster, stronger, and more athletic. The only thing Big 10, errr 11, errrr 14, "BIG" teams have is that they're better coached and more saavy on the field.

I was at that 1985 Michigan-Iowa game, and the thing that impressed me about both teams was just how football smart they were. However, I also thought that the players in the Southern Miss- Mississippi State game I saw a month earlier were faster (not that they would've beaten Iowa or Michigan, just that they were faster). LOTS of plodding around.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 12:13 PM
When it's 3rd and 1 inside the opponent's 40, why do teams run it? That's the perfect spot to PA and hit and hr. If you don't hit the big play, then go on 4th

msstate7
12-29-2018, 12:14 PM
And that's an awful spot

Mutt the Hoople
12-29-2018, 12:34 PM
Ole Miss bowl sighting. Van Jefferson makes a huge catch-and-run for the Gators.

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 12:46 PM
A lot of the officials in several of the games, including this one, tend to wear shirts that are several sizes too small. No way that could be comfortable. Why do they do that?

msstate7
12-29-2018, 12:49 PM
A lot of the officials in several of the games, including this one, tend to wear shirts that are several sizes too small. No way that could be comfortable. Why do they do that?

Show off the guns

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Show off the guns

But they're fat. It's about like me in a Small size T-shirt when I wear an XL. And who wants to see them anyway?

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 01:14 PM
Think Mullen will try a fake punt or some sort of trick play today? I guess that blocked punt might as well have been a fake.

Lance Harbor
12-29-2018, 01:16 PM
Predictable QB Sneak and bad special teams??? Where have I seen this before?

msstate7
12-29-2018, 01:33 PM
If Florida wins, Mullen will finish higher ranked in his first year at Florida than he ever did here. #11 is his highest finish here

Roy Munson
12-29-2018, 01:43 PM
God you're a douche. If Mullen didn't offer a tugger to anyone that would listen after 2011 maybe results would be different. Don't let it loose til the swelling goes down.

Activated Alpha
12-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Well not the score I was hoping for at halftime, but seems to be a good game defensive wise. I hate the horrific clock management by Harbaugh at the end, but I've come to expect it. I knew we had a few players sitting out, but didn't know we had that many. I hate when players do that. Hopefully my wolverines can make some good halftime adjustments and get the offensive side clicking.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 01:47 PM
God you're a douche. If Mullen didn't offer a tugger to anyone that would listen after 2011 maybe results would be different. Don't let it loose til the swelling goes down.

Someone doesn't like facts. All I did was make a factual statement.

Roy Munson
12-29-2018, 01:52 PM
And so did I. You a douche and dan a whore.

Bothrops
12-29-2018, 01:53 PM
Mullen wins. Florida is 100% better now that they have a competent HC. He's gonna make Florida relevant again. Dude has found his home.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 01:55 PM
Mullen wins. Florida is 100% better now that they have a competent HC. He's gonna make Florida relevant again. Dude has found his home.

You're such a douche for pointing out the obvious. Why don't you live in rainbow land like me? - Roy Munson

Cooterpoot
12-29-2018, 02:37 PM
Michigan is just another team propped up by their name and money. They suck. Shea is still Shea and that defense is overrated big time. They’re not close to a top 10 team.

dawgday166
12-29-2018, 02:38 PM
How Michigan's defense ended up ranked number 1 or 2 or whatever it did is beyond me.

ETA: it is far from an elite defense.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 02:42 PM
Michigan is just another team propped up by their name and money. They suck. Shea is still Shea and that defense is overrated big time. They?re not close to a top 10 team.

Maybe not, but they're playing without 4 nfl draft picks (Gary, bush, higdon, and bushels-Beaty). Imagine what we'd look like if Simmons, sweat, Jenkins and Kylin sat out

Cooterpoot
12-29-2018, 02:48 PM
Maybe not, but they're playing without 4 nfl draft picks (Gary, bush, higdon, and bushels-Beaty). Imagine what we'd look like if Simmons, sweat, Jenkins and Kylin sat out

True. Didn’t look to see who was out.

RougeDawg
12-29-2018, 02:59 PM
Someone doesn't like facts. All I did was make a factual statement.

Here are some facts for ya. Two Gloves walked into a 14.5 average recruiting class over a 4-5 year span before he arrived. He never even sniffed that at State and look where his first class of only his coaches recruiting sits, This year. Danny TG is sitting at 17th with 20 of 21 commits signed. Just two spots ahead of MSU, at a program that recruits itself in the most fertile rich recruiting ground in the country. McElwain out recruited Donny boy.

Bothrops
12-29-2018, 03:02 PM
You're such a douche for pointing out the obvious. Why don't you live in rainbow land like me? - Roy Munson

Well I didn't say I liked it.

Bully13
12-29-2018, 03:04 PM

Not sure why you feel so compelled to give props to Merlin while taking jabs at MSU. You're posting on a MSU site sounding like a UF beat writer. Nobody here give a 17 where UF ends up in the rantkings or how many are not playing vs how many of ours are.

Merlin did great things for us but he also cost us 2 egg bowls due to focusing on other gigs instead of doing his then current job that he was getting very well paid to do. Bad timing and wrong board to blow Merlin.

Cooterpoot
12-29-2018, 03:06 PM
If we finished 10-3, we don’t get the name bump FL gets to be top 10. Been there, done that.

Activated Alpha
12-29-2018, 03:10 PM
Yeah I'm done with this game. Called Hb draw on the 3rd a d 20 and we couldn't stop it? Once again Harbaugh will get another year to disappoint. I officially hate Dan Mullins. Beat both of my teams this year

Goldendawg
12-29-2018, 03:16 PM
How Michigan's defense ended up ranked number 1 or 2 or whatever it did is beyond me.

ETA: it is far from an elite defense.

They play other slow Big Team schools. Wonder how Iowa's team speed or rather, lack of team speed is' Any Hawkeyes around to address?

Goldendawg
12-29-2018, 03:19 PM
Not sure why you feel so compelled to give props to Merlin while taking jabs at MSU. You're posting on a MSU site sounding like a UF beat writer. Nobody here give a 17 where UF ends up in the rantkings or how many are not playing vs how many of ours are.

Merlin did great things for us but he also cost us 2 egg bowls due to focusing on other gigs instead of doing his then current job that he was getting very well paid to do. Bad timing and wrong board to blow Merlin.

Well said, have to throw a lot of crap against the wall on the way to 48K posts.

TimberBeast
12-29-2018, 03:20 PM
How is Michigan’s defense #1? They are awful on both sides of the ball regardless of who isn’t playing.

MetEdDawg
12-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Here are some facts for ya. Two Gloves walked into a 14.5 average recruiting class over a 4-5 year span before he arrived. He never even sniffed that at State and look where his first class of only his coaches recruiting sits, This year. Danny TG is sitting at 17th with 20 of 21 commits signed. Just two spots ahead of MSU, at a program that recruits itself in the most fertile rich recruiting ground in the country. McElwain out recruited Donny boy.

This will be what needs to be watched. If he finishes outside the Top 15 consistently he's not gonna last at Florida. Not only will Georgia beat him every year, but he's gonna lose 1-2 per year he shouldn't and will lose most of his West crossover games, including LSU, every year.

Next year they start with Miami and they play Auburn and LSU back to back weeks. Get Kentucky and Missouri with Kelly Bryant on the road and still have FSU and Georgia to play. That's a rough schedule even though his two in state schools are currently down.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 03:22 PM

So you quote a post that explains why Florida is running away with this and say I'm "blowing" Mullen. Sober up.

CadaverDawg
12-29-2018, 03:23 PM
Don will win. He ain't shopping...he's tough when he's focused on the task at hand

Boom

dawgday166
12-29-2018, 03:23 PM
Yeah I'm done with this game. Called Hb draw on the 3rd a d 20 and we couldn't stop it? Once again Harbaugh will get another year to disappoint. I officially hate Dan Mullins. Beat both of my teams this year

I'll have to admit I thought a Harbaugh would be a lot better than he has been. I'm now not sure that he's going to get there either.

Goldendawg
12-29-2018, 03:25 PM
Anyone really think babyShea is 6' or over?

bulldawg28
Dan is still the man!

DancingRabbit
I confess to pulling for the Gators in this one. So tired of the media sucking Harbaugh's dick. And **** the Big 10.

Goldendawg
I'll have to admit I thought a Harbaugh would be a lot better than he has been. I'm now not sure that he's going to get there either.

How does he even keep his job? 1- 9 in games against Top 10 and never beat OSU.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 03:27 PM
This will be what needs to be watched. If he finishes outside the Top 15 consistently he's not gonna last at Florida. Not only will Georgia beat him every year, but he's gonna lose 1-2 per year he shouldn't and will lose most of his West crossover games, including LSU, every year.

Next year they start with Miami and they play Auburn and LSU back to back weeks. Get Kentucky and Missouri with Kelly Bryant on the road and still have FSU and Georgia to play. That's a rough schedule even though his two in state schools are currently down.
They're gonna finish top 15. They'll fill their remaining spots with 4-stars

dawgday166
12-29-2018, 03:27 PM
How does he even keep his job?

He's been good everywhere else he's been and he's a Michigan alum.

Activated Alpha
12-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Harbaugh is the Mullen of the Big 10. Good enough to beat teams you should, but completely craps the bed in big games. 1-9 against top 10 teams? Sounds eerily familiar to Mullen's record...

dawgday166
12-29-2018, 03:32 PM

We'd be kicking Florida's ass.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 03:35 PM
We'd be kicking Florida's ass.

Should've done it the first time.

RocketDawg
12-29-2018, 03:35 PM
How does he even keep his job? 1- 9 in games against Top 10 and never beat OSU.

That was a really fast post game handshake. Harbaugh didn't look happy at all.

dawgday166
12-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Should've done it the first time.

Agreed. That's why they gonna finish too 10 too.

Pollodawg
12-29-2018, 03:45 PM
I still like Dan.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 03:46 PM
I still like Dan.

How dare you not be a cry baby b*tch about a coach moving on that left our program in great shape!**

RougeDawg
12-29-2018, 03:54 PM

Yea, if those 4 sat out for us we would only win by 14-17 points.

RougeDawg
12-29-2018, 04:00 PM
The Little10 cannot compete with SEC speed and SEC size with speed. Maybe the occasional Ohio State playing 2-3 times above their normal level of play, they will win a big game. But there are two speeds in college football right now. SEC speed and everyone else. Even the bad SEC defenses would give other conferences fits (Except OM).

msstate7
12-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Yea, if those 4 sat out for us we would only win by 14-17 points.

Line is 7. You can double your life savings if that confident

CadaverDawg
12-29-2018, 04:05 PM
Dan is such a good coach. Hate we lost him, and hate he was always shopping during Egg Bowl and Bowl game prep, or he'd have won 4-5 more games here

msstate7
12-29-2018, 04:08 PM
Dan is such a good coach. Hate we lost him, and hate he was always shopping during Egg Bowl and Bowl game prep, or he'd have won 4-5 more games here

That I can agree with. His heart just wasn't here

Matt3467
12-29-2018, 04:40 PM

Best coach we've ever had and it's not close. I hope Moorhead turns out to be a great one.

MetEdDawg
12-29-2018, 04:52 PM
Best coach we've ever had and it's not close. I hope Moorhead turns out to be a great one.

If Moorhead on average can win one more game per year than Mullen did we will be in good shape. We need to stay at 6 regular season wins and above every year and get more 9-3 seasons instead of 8-4 seasons.

bulldawg28
12-29-2018, 05:10 PM
If Moorhead on average can win one more game per year than Mullen did we will be in good shape. We need to stay at 6 regular season wins and above every year and get more 9-3 seasons instead of 8-4 seasons.

I honestly believe Moorehead is going to do it

Bothrops
12-29-2018, 05:27 PM
I now think Mullen really was looking around pretty much the entire time. He even got bored with football while here and started running as a hobby for a while.

LC Dawg
12-29-2018, 06:49 PM
I think Mullen will win at Florida and I also think Moorhead pushes our program further than Mullen because of Mullen's disinterest in Mississippi State after his first couple of years. Moorhead will eventually leave and the next guy will have to continue the path of Mullen and Moorhead.
The main difference for Mullen is that Florida fans will quickly tire of Peach Bowls. He needs to win the East in the next couple of years or the fans will get restless. Remember that the guy they fired before hiring Mullen won consecutive East titles the two years prior to his firing.