PDA

View Full Version : Rounsaville reports

somebodyshotmypaw
12-29-2018, 10:22 AM
Spirit Chuck says Rich Rod is in Oxford interviewing with Luke for OC position.

BrunswickDawg
12-29-2018, 10:26 AM
Guess Tony Dungy turned them down again.

If that happens, Luke won't survive the season. But, I doubt it's true (knowing the source).

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2018, 10:27 AM
If true, it's not because Rich Rod has any interest in being their OC, it's because he sees an opportunity to become the head coach once Luke is fired.

Matt Corral running the Rich Rod offense would be pretty funny though.

Pat White
Denard Robinson
Khalil Tate

Matt Corral? Lol. Not exactly the right skill set

My guess is that Corral would transfer if Rich Rod was hired

Leeshouldveflanked
12-29-2018, 10:34 AM
Seems like we played a Rich Rod coaches team before.... what was the score?

somebodyshotmypaw
12-29-2018, 10:34 AM
If true, it's not because Rich Rod has any interest in being their OC, it's because he sees an opportunity to become the head coach once Luke is fired.

It wouldn't shock me if somebody other than Luke has head coaching duties during the 2019 Egg Bowl. I could see Luke getting fired after 10 games, and an assistant being named interim. That allows Ole Miss to get a head start on a coaching search.

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Rich Rod and MacIntyre feel like Vulchers circling a cornered animal

Cooterpoot
12-29-2018, 10:40 AM
Would be great news in terms of us pulling Mingo.

Quaoarsking
12-29-2018, 10:44 AM
Let's not forget why Rich Rod was fired from Arizona in the first place.

RiverCityDawg
12-29-2018, 10:48 AM
Obligatory reminder here that the deal was done for Rich Rod to be Alabama's coach after Shula instead of Saban, but Rich Rod's wife got cold feet so they backed out at the last second.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 10:54 AM

Pat White
Denard Robinson
Khalil Tate

Corral would be bad in that offense, but miss HS football probably produces qbs for that offense at a high clip

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2018, 10:58 AM
Corral would be bad in that offense, but miss HS football probably produces qbs for that offense at a high clip

Completely agree. Just saying that Corral would probably transfer

Mutt the Hoople
12-29-2018, 11:16 AM
Let's not forget why Rich Rod was fired from Arizona in the first place.

According to this article (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21946402/arizona-wildcats-fire-football-coach-rich-rodriguez), there was some hanky-panky going on.

1bigdawg
12-29-2018, 11:18 AM
It wouldn't shock me if somebody other than Luke has head coaching duties during the 2019 Egg Bowl. I could see Luke getting fired after 10 games, and an assistant being named interim. That allows Ole Miss to get a head start on a coaching search.

Luke is doing a great job of lowering expectations among their boosters. He is telling them that next year is going to be "worse" and that things will improve after that.

Liverpooldawg
12-29-2018, 01:13 PM
He can pick up where Freeze left off.

https://sports.yahoo.com/harassment-claim-alleges-rich-rodriguez-asked-staffer-keep-wife-girlfriend-separate-200102667.html

TUSK
12-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Damn, they just need to add Mike Dubose as a DC, Mike Price as DoPD, Wimp Sanderson to coach B-ball (Stans Assoc HC and Andy Kennedy can help with Athletics Dept. Diversity) and Petrino & Hugh as Co-HCs....

That'd be sweeeeeeet....*

Todd4State
12-29-2018, 01:47 PM

Problem is Ole Miss fans don't want QB's that are 2-3 star athlete project types like Pat White was.

Rich Rod and MacIntyre feel like Vulchers circling a cornered animal

Also I think their OL coach has head coaching experience if it's still Bicknell. It's pretty apparent that they are preparing for an interim situation very shortly.

Pat White
Denard Robinson
Khalil Tate

This would confirm a lot of rumors about Luke wanting to go to more of a run oriented offense. Corral would be horrible at running the spread option. My guess is they won't mind losing him as he is probably a royal pain in the ass to babysit with all of his "swag". The only problem with this rumor is it's from Ole Miss sources who usually aren't the most accurate. Rich Rod does seem to make sense for what they are going for right now though- retreads with a questionable past.

Todd4State
12-29-2018, 01:49 PM
Damn, they just need to add Mike Dubose as a DC, Mike Price as DoPD, Wimp Sanderson to coach B-ball (Stans Assoc HC and Andy Kennedy can help with Athletics Dept. Diversity) and Petrino & Hugh as Co-HCs....

It does kind of remind me of when Jackie had a ton of former head coaches on our staff circa 2001-2003. Including the guy we fired that Jackie replaced as the head coach. How often has that ever happened?

Liverpooldawg
12-29-2018, 01:54 PM
It does kind of remind me of when Jackie had a ton of former head coaches on our staff circa 2001-2003. Including the guy we fired that Jackie replaced as the head coach. How often has that ever happened?

Except I don't think ours had questioable sexually related incidents in their pasts.

TUSK
12-29-2018, 01:57 PM
I can see a new (Mandated) Fraternity Chapter in OM's Future if they keep this up....

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/southpark/images/5/52/Community-organizations-pc-delta-fraternity.png/revision/latest?cb=20170601000546

Bully13
12-29-2018, 02:09 PM

I remember that year. We sucked.

Todd4State
12-29-2018, 02:14 PM
Except I don't think ours had questioable sexually related incidents in their pasts.

This is true. And I'm sure all of the Ole Miss fans that were appalled by Jeffrey Simmons will be very forgiving of their new coaches who just need a second chance.

Goldendawg
12-29-2018, 03:03 PM

I remember at the end of the UM/NCAA witch hunt against Jackie how it was almost impossible for State to recruit/sign HS players or hire needed Asst Coaches. We ended up with a staff of over the hill, questionable ex-coaches for assts. and one recruiting class of about 22 JC players. That season was a disaster both on and off the field. Just doesn't work and may UNM get even worse results. Hail State!

TrapGame
12-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Rich Rod as OC at ole miss? My how the mighty have fallen.