PDA

View Full Version : Auburn already has 2 juniors leaving early

MetEdDawg
12-29-2018, 07:46 AM
Obviously Stidham has declared, but their starting CB Dean has announced he's leaving. Auburn could be in big trouble next year. They already don't have a QB, but now they are losing a starting CB and could very well lose 2 more juniors on the DL to the draft. Auburn should have a very experienced offense next year, but lose a minimum 5 defensive starters, potentially 7, and have a big question mark at QB. Should be a very interesting game with them that I think we will be favored in.

Next few weeks will be very interesting. Bama has potentially 7 juniors that could leave early. Could this be the year they actually can't replace everyone? 6-7 impact seniors graduating plus 7 juniors that could leave? That's tough.

LSU will lose a couple, Ole Miss already has a couple gone and should lose Little too. Interesting decisions to be made in the next few weeks. We are only going to lose one in Simmons. That's huge for us because outside of Arkansas that should be the lowest in the SEC.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 07:51 AM
We're replacing 7 defensive starters (6 of 8 dlinemen in 2-deep), qb, and 2 olinemen, potentially 3. If Williams does go pro, our trenches will have been essentially gutted

MarketingBully
12-29-2018, 08:29 AM
We're replacing 7 defensive starters (6 of 8 dlinemen in 2-deep), qb, and 2 olinemen, potentially 3. If Williams does go pro, our trenches will have been essentially gutted

Who’s saying Williams is going pro?

msstate7
12-29-2018, 08:44 AM
Who’s saying Williams is going pro?

No one I'm aware of and IYOK says no. Just articles like this one https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/12/18/18129865/2019-nfl-draft-5-guard-prospects-detroit-lions

And his name popping up on mocks at least makes you aware it's possible

MarketingBully
12-29-2018, 08:47 AM
No one I'm aware of and IYOK says no. Just articles like this one https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/12/18/18129865/2019-nfl-draft-5-guard-prospects-detroit-lions

And his name popping up on mocks at least makes you aware it's possible

So it’s basically you being you and looking for bad news. Just chill out and enjoy the holidays and give it a rest for a couple of weeks.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 08:53 AM
So it’s basically you being you and looking for bad news. Just chill out and enjoy the holidays and give it a rest for a couple of weeks.

Us putting 3 olinemen in the nfl this year may be bad news to you, but it's a great deal to me. Nothing gives you entry into top prospects' homes like a portfolio of nfl draft picks. If Williams declares and is drafted, good for him... and good for us long run.

MarketingBully
12-29-2018, 09:02 AM
Us putting 3 olinemen in the nfl this year may be bad news to you, but it's a great deal to me. Nothing gives you entry into top prospects' homes like a portfolio of nfl draft picks. If Williams declares and is drafted, good for him... and good for us long run.

I was talking about you stating it’s bad news for next year’s team. While I don’t think we will have an elite defense next year, it still will be a top SEC defense and good enough for us to have an 8-4/9-3 season next year. I think we will have an extremely effective offense next year and I think KT will be very effective as our QB next year.

Todd4State
12-29-2018, 09:31 AM
Ole Miss is also losing Dawson Knox to the draft early. And we'll see if Corral leaves with Longo depending on what kind of hire they make at OC. Little has declared already.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Ole Miss is also losing Dawson Knox to the draft early. And we'll see if Corral leaves with Longo depending on what kind of hire they make at OC. Little has declared already.

I think Knox is a lot like Jordan Thomas was for us... a really good player that was severely underused in the passing game. Knox, like Thomas, will be a good pro. Another big blow to OM

MetEdDawg
12-29-2018, 10:33 AM

Is Corral really a possibility to leave? That would be devastating to them. They basically wouldn't have a QB.

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2018, 10:44 AM
I think Knox is a lot like Jordan Thomas was for us... a really good player that was severely underused in the passing game. Knox, like Thomas, will be a good pro. Another big blow to OM

Every college TE is underused because the college QBs aren't capable of going through that many progressions.

msstate7
12-29-2018, 10:52 AM
Every college TE is underused because the college QBs aren't capable of going through that many progressions.

Irv Smith, hunter henry, Evan engram, Jeremy sprinkle and jake butt are a few that weren't. Maybe if the te is that far down the progressions, he should be moved up. OM for example was terrible in the RZ, but had a perfect target for that part of the field in Knox

Ari Gold
12-29-2018, 11:05 AM
Yes we are losing our DL
But it’s the one position we have very good talent and depth also we get Spencer back . We won’t be able to replace Simmons but not many teams could.
There has been zero indications Willimas goes pro. And our depth at OL is pretty good.. having both bookends back is huge