PDA

View Full Version : If I was Mike Leach, I would have absolutely gone off on Marcus Strong.

Saltydog
12-28-2018, 09:26 PM
In case you missed it, Strong (WSU DB) picks off a pass and returns it for a TD. During the play (at about the 15 yard line), he takes the ball and reaches out behind him, thus taunting the defender. A 15 yard penalty is assessed from the spot of the foul. So, not only do they not get a TD on the play, the ball goes back to the 30 yard line. What a bonehead.

All inconsequential now as they score anyway but man, what a stupid decision.

chef dixon
12-28-2018, 09:35 PM
Probably just me but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. He didn't reach the ball behind him, he held it out forward and looked back at the people chasing him. Yes I get he needs to know the rule and not tempt it, but its soft.

Bully13
12-28-2018, 09:37 PM
In case you missed it, Strong (WSU DB) picks off a pass and returns it for a TD. During the play (at about the 15 yard line), he takes the ball and reaches out behind him, thus taunting the defender. A 15 yard penalty is assessed from the spot of the foul. So, not only do they not get a TD on the play, the ball goes back to the 30 yard line. What a bonehead.

You've gotta be kidding.

TUSK
12-28-2018, 09:39 PM

I'm with you...

Saltydog
12-28-2018, 09:47 PM
That's going to be called every single time. Knowing that, how can you think any differently?

Hot Rock
12-28-2018, 09:48 PM
That was taunting.... the call was correct. The dude needs to have his ass chewed for sure... then tell him, "Great Play!!! Next time, just don't get the penalty and give him a smile!

chef dixon
12-28-2018, 09:55 PM
That's going to be called every single time. Knowing that, how can you think any differently?

Don't know, like I said its just me and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Your description of what he did was also worse than what he actually did. Wasn't that egregious of a taunt. Its a soft enforcement of the rule for a mans game.

DownwardDawg
12-28-2018, 09:55 PM
I’d bench his ass.

HoopsDawg
12-28-2018, 10:01 PM
I wish they would allow celebrations and taunting in the bowl games.

Saltydog
12-28-2018, 10:15 PM
the other. It was egregious enough that when it happened I knew it was a penalty and the announcers knew it too.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the rules are a little too stringent sometime but the players know the rules.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-28-2018, 10:30 PM

Probably the correct call by the book, but absolute horse$hit! The Rebearsharks D are more unsportsmanlike everytime they give the landfish sign after making a play being down by four scores in the Egg Bowl. It is a Bowl game, he is taking a pick six to the house, let him have fun.

DancingRabbit
12-28-2018, 10:44 PM
AssAlley? Damn, I bet that's a mean SOB for a kicker.

RocketDawg
12-28-2018, 11:40 PM
Pretty sure I saw that call on an LSU player a few years ago.

Looks like ISU is making a comeback. Down 1 point about to go into the 4th.

RocketDawg
12-28-2018, 11:41 PM
AssAlley? Damn, I bet that's a mean SOB for a kicker.

As good as SuckUp?

DancingRabbit
12-29-2018, 12:53 AM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8dWFzJAhsNU/hqdefault.jpg

Lord McBuckethead
12-29-2018, 01:07 AM
Bowl games are exhibitions, so yeah unless it is crude.

DancingRabbit
12-29-2018, 01:21 AM
To the AssAlley family: Asalie

Your future generations will thank me.

Hot Rock
12-29-2018, 09:13 AM
I’d bench his ass.

Good thing he didn't bench his ass... He made some helluva plays later in the game. No, you can get people to do what you want without cutting your own nose off.

IMissJack
12-29-2018, 09:33 AM
Deion Sanders tweeted him, saying basically he approved, but yeah it's going to get called.

West Tn Dawg
12-29-2018, 10:30 AM

I agree with the celebration part, but don't believe in the taunting. Celebrate with your team and have fun. Taunting is not good anytime.