PDA

View Full Version : Vanderbilt vs Baylor

RocketDawg
12-27-2018, 09:10 PM
The first game involving an SEC team unless I'm mistaken. Pretty good attendance at the Texas Bowl, and the crowd is loud.

Vandy just took a quick 7-0 lead with a 65 yard pass play.

msstate7
12-27-2018, 09:12 PM
Obviously I want a NY6 or the citrus next season, but a more realistic goal is the Texas bowl. I want to make that trip

msstate7
12-27-2018, 10:08 PM
Vaughn is one hell of a rb. Had over 1000 yds and avg'd 6.95 a carry. I thought he was a senior bc he's a transfer, but only a junior. He could have a huge year next season

Bully13
12-27-2018, 10:13 PM
I'm surprised Vanderbilt's not blowing them out which is what I predicted. Enjoying this game. Baylor has cool face masks.

RocketDawg
12-27-2018, 10:59 PM
I haven't watched a bowl game yet all the way through so far, but this game is the best at this point as far as I can tell. Of course, having an SEC team makes it more interesting, but both teams barely qualified for a bowl so it's suprisingly good. Neither team will win too many defensive awards though.

Wonder how Vanderbilt held OM's vaunted offense ** in check enough to win?

tcdog70
12-27-2018, 11:05 PM
Is the crowd noise way too loud on y'all tv

TimberBeast
12-28-2018, 12:44 AM
This game is awful, except for the crazy vandy interception it has been a joke. The refs are terrible. No defense being played on either side. Vandy and Mason are a joke and will likely give the SEC a bowl loss.

msstate7
12-28-2018, 12:47 AM
This game is awful, except for the crazy vandy interception it has been a joke. The refs are terrible. No defense being played on either side. Vandy and Mason are a joke and will likely give the SEC a bowl loss.

The tackling by both teams is similar to what I'd look like trying to tackle Ezekiel Elliott

Cooterpoot
12-28-2018, 12:59 AM
Vandy looked poorly prepared and lost their best playmaker. Fumbled at the 1. Had a FG called back. Ref blew a blatant PI call late in the game. Just a mess for Vandy and they weren’t good to begin with. Shouldn’t have been bowl eligible.

Pit Bull
12-28-2018, 03:20 AM
I'm surprised Vanderbilt's not blowing them out which is what I predicted. Enjoying this game. Baylor has cool face masks.

I gotta a couple of old fuzzy dice (back when fuzzy dice were cool) I could hang from their facemask. Would make a nice match.

Pit Bull
12-28-2018, 03:23 AM

From a 10,000 ft. view, it seems to me, generally, this ACC crew appeared to be biased against Vandy on several occasions and on a lot of ball spots. Not a huge difference, but they seemed to favor Baylor several times when I thought they shouldn't have.