PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin vs. Miami - Pinstripe Bowl in NYC

Hawkeyegoofball
12-27-2018, 05:21 PM
Who you got?

Going south or north?

Wiscy is a very talented but underachieving team.

Don't know much about Miami. Seem to be the same.

Cooler weather.

Iowa played in the Pinstripe last year vs. Boston College - basically on an ice rink, i.e., bad field for football - and pulled the win out.

Miami has 10 of 11 defenders with long sleeves on. Wisconsin are all bare arms except QB and a single WR.

Iowa will play the same type of defense as the Badgers (4-5-2-ish)- not quite as talented at LB as Wiscy. Somewhat of a preview.

Thoughts?

Bully13
12-27-2018, 05:46 PM
All I know is the Canes, pre season top 10, has to leave sunny south FL and go bowling in the Bronx. LMAO. Wiskey kicking dat ass early. Btw, that "Int" is gonna get over turned after the commercials.

Hawkeyegoofball
12-27-2018, 05:47 PM
All I know is the Canes, pre season top 10, has to leave sunny south FL and go bowling in the Bronx. LMAO. Wiskey kicking dat ass early. Btw, that "Int" is gonna get over turned after the commercials.

Agree. That was no INT.

Appreciate the ref making a call - but that's OB.

Or, maybe not. Bad stuff.

Two big plays for Miami. Wiscy is working to hold to 3 on this drive.

This is a complete mismatch on the LOS. And it's only the 1Q.

Pit Bull
12-27-2018, 08:29 PM
Thought I had heard Iowa has never beaten a SEC team in the Outback. I think O-3. Better get ready to make that 0-4 next week!!

Bully13
12-27-2018, 08:31 PM
Thought I had heard Iowa has never beaten a SEC team in the Outback. I think O-3. Better get ready to make that 0-4 next week!!

Wished you hadn't reported that stat. Worries me.

Hawkeyegoofball
12-27-2018, 09:13 PM

Iowa is 2-2 in Outback bowls vs SEC.

Beat FL and SC.

Lost to FL and LSU.

Familiar territory.

You heard wrong.

Recreationalgynecologist
12-27-2018, 09:26 PM
Beat LSU in the Cap One Bowl as well.

Hawkeyegoofball
12-27-2018, 09:33 PM
Beat LSU in the Cap One Bowl as well.

Not only beat them, but dominated them physically and psychologicaly.

Really put the nuts to them.

LSU had a great comeback and Iowa had a lucky broken coverage play for a TD at the end of the game.

But make no mistake. Iowa dictacted and dominated that game.

Led for 58:30.