PDA

View Full Version : Independence Bowl - Temple-Duke

Hawkeyegoofball
12-27-2018, 01:50 PM
Oh, Dear Sweet Jesus

Just made the mistake of turning on the Temple-Duke bowl game.

No one in the stands and pathetic football.

I'm going to take a nap and try to flush my mind of that experience.

Can't wait for Jan 1, 11:00 CT.

TUSK
12-27-2018, 02:02 PM
we need more bowls.*

StarkVegasSteve
12-27-2018, 02:08 PM
Can't believe those fans didn't want to spend the holidays in the fine city of Shreveport, LA. Few things in life are as nice as the multitude of drive thru daiquiri establishments that are in town and throughout the state.

Hawkeyegoofball
12-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Can't believe those fans didn't want to spend the holidays in the fine city of Shreveport, LA. Few things in life are as nice as the multitude of drive thru daiquiri establishments that are in town and throughout the state.

ESPN is really that desperate for programming. Yikes.

I guess as long as they get the CFB Playoff all is well.

SailingDawg
12-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Already one interception each. IDK if we can match last night's barn burner between TCU and Cal, but we all watched it.

Johnson85
12-27-2018, 02:35 PM

I'm not bothered by crappy bowls because I don't watch them, but Shreveport just seems like a crazy place to have a bowl that's not between like a SUnbelt and CUSA or American team. Seems like there are lots of cities the size of Shreveport somewhere say in the southern half of the ACC that could be a better bowl destination. Or if the bowl in shreveport isn't a major money suck, it seems like some of the better bowl destinations could double up. Why not have a bowl the 27th and Jan. 1st at some of the better locations? Seems like the Outback Bowl, Gator Bowl, Citrus, etc. could go poach Shreveports bowl affiliations with no problem the next time their contract is up.

Dawgfan77
12-27-2018, 03:10 PM
While Shreveport is not Tampa or Nashville it?s not a bad little town. Better than Montgomery

State82
12-27-2018, 03:26 PM
While Shreveport is not Tampa or Nashville it?s not a bad little town. Better than Montgomery

For sure. Jackson would be better than Montgomery.

vv83
12-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Never understood this take, I love having live football on pretty much constantly in my 2 week break from work even if it is a terrible game.

parabrave
12-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Just made the mistake of turning on the Temple-Duke bowl game.

No one in the stands and pathetic football.

I'm going to take a nap and try to flush my mind of that experience.

Can't wait for Jan 1, 11:00 CT.

And don't even bring up the ugly ass unis. I thought Temple was Red and White. Well they have had very bad weather last night and this morning.

Bully13
12-27-2018, 03:40 PM
With what I've seen, there is lack of speed, athleticism and enthusiasm on both teams.

MrKotter
12-27-2018, 03:47 PM
Never understood this take, I love having live football on pretty much constantly in my 2 week break from work even if it is a terrible game.

Agreed. I?d prefer a crappy bowl than NBA, soccer or whatever else boring ass sport ESPN would put on.

Commercecomet24
12-27-2018, 03:54 PM
Agreed. I?d prefer a crappy bowl than NBA, soccer or whatever else boring ass sport ESPN would put on.

Exactly!

Hawkeyegoofball
12-27-2018, 03:57 PM

I can certainly understand that. I love football as well and WANT to watch it.

I too am off through the end of the year - so am looking for good games to watch.

I'm no elitist - but I do get frustrated in watching a game that almost singularly features over-scheming built around very fine athletes...but few true football players.

Most likely the closer we get to Jan. 1 the better football that will be played. And I look forward to it. Counting down the days, I guess.

But, I won't give up. I'll still tune in and will find hidden gems here and there.

Peace.

Hawkeyegoofball
12-27-2018, 03:58 PM

Can't disagree with that thought.

Hawkeyegoofball
12-27-2018, 04:01 PM
I'm not bothered by crappy bowls because I don't watch them, but Shreveport just seems like a crazy place to have a bowl that's not between like a SUnbelt and CUSA or American team. Seems like there are lots of cities the size of Shreveport somewhere say in the southern half of the ACC that could be a better bowl destination. Or if the bowl in shreveport isn't a major money suck, it seems like some of the better bowl destinations could double up. Why not have a bowl the 27th and Jan. 1st at some of the better locations? Seems like the Outback Bowl, Gator Bowl, Citrus, etc. could go poach Shreveports bowl affiliations with no problem the next time their contract is up.

Perhaps its because Shreveport is willing to invest in the event. Sometimes its as simple as strong Visitor's and Convention Bureau backing.

Lord McBuckethead
12-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Also you have to remember, during the season we get to watch 7-14 SEC games each weekend. These other conferences are just not very good. It's like watching high school ball.

Ari Gold
12-27-2018, 04:32 PM
As Rebel Nation watches Coach Cut Win another Bowl game and have another winning season at ****ing Duke
They have gone thru
Coach O
Nutt
Freeze
Luke
Probably staring a 4-8 upcoming season in the face with another coaching search pending
I hope those 2 wins agaisnt Bama were worth all of that

Happy New Year shitbirds...

Dawgfan77
12-27-2018, 05:01 PM
As Rebel Nation watches Coach Cut Win another Bowl game and have another winning season at ****ing Duke
They have gone thru
Coach O
Nutt
Freeze
Luke
Probably staring a 4-8 upcoming season in the face with another coaching search pending
I hope those 2 wins agaisnt Bama were worth all of that

Happy New Year shitbirds...

4 wins? I see 3 Memphis is gonna beat dat bar ass

BiscuitEater
12-27-2018, 05:29 PM
I'm not bothered by crappy bowls because I don't watch them

That's the problem!! They should 'eliminate' 5 bowl games a year for 4 years. Make it 'elimination rounds' based on number of actual attendance. Increase payout to teams by $4M, NOT to conferences. Increase incentives for players; $10K to graduating SRs, MacBooks to underclass guys .. endless ways to get players & fans excited again!

Make it mean something. Zero conference tie ins allowed.