Cristobal is one heck of a salesman.

TUSK
12-26-2018, 02:16 PM
Wow.

Cristobal is one heck of a salesman.

GDC doin' werk...

StarkVegasSteve
12-26-2018, 02:38 PM
I actually think this is a smart move on his part in terms of development. In the few games I watched Herbert this year he didn't look like an NFL ready guy. Now financially......he 17'd up. He'd have no doubt been the first QB off the board in what is a VERY weak QB class.

West Tn Dawg
12-26-2018, 02:42 PM
He can't be any good............
Only completed 59% of his passes! *******
As we all have been taught on here, it takes at least 65%!

tireddawg
12-26-2018, 02:53 PM
I actually think this is a smart move on his part in terms of development. In the few games I watched Herbert this year he didn't look like an NFL ready guy. Now financially......he 17'd up. He'd have no doubt been the first QB off the board in what is a VERY weak QB class.

So he would be the 1st qb drafted and it's a smart move? Heard it all now.

StarkVegasSteve
12-26-2018, 02:55 PM
So he would be the 1st qb drafted and it's a smart move? Heard it all now.

Developmentally a smart move. He needs another year to develop. But as I stated financially it is not because he's giving up a lot of money because he'd be the first QB taken

Bully13
12-26-2018, 08:00 PM
Oregon got their network doing work. Reminds me of a Texas WR a while back.

TUSK
12-26-2018, 08:10 PM
Poor Gus can't catch a break....

msstate7
12-26-2018, 08:12 PM
Poor Gus can't catch a break....

What happened?

TUSK
12-26-2018, 08:25 PM
What happened?

He opens with Oregon & Herbert in 2019....

msstate7
12-26-2018, 08:35 PM
He opens with Oregon & Herbert in 2019....

Ahhh...

parabrave
12-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Umm hate to bust one on you TUSK but didn't they say the same thing about Aubbie this year when they faced Washington and their hotshot QB Whats his name.

TUSK
12-26-2018, 08:44 PM
Umm hate to bust one on you TUSK but didn't they say the same thing about Aubbie this year when they faced Washington and their hotshot QB Whats his name.

Yeah,,, Browning...

I just think this (Herbert returning) was a way more unexpected...

chef dixon
12-26-2018, 09:20 PM
Dumb move. He?s got essentially no competition this year

TUSK
12-26-2018, 09:47 PM
I scratched around a lil bit and this appears to be an "Andrew Luck" type situation (only not as glaring)...

dude is apparently really smart, in a legit major, and his folks are really loaded, so finances aren't as motivating to him....

FWIW, if true... if not, it makes little sense to me....

Pit Bull
12-26-2018, 10:46 PM
Good!

dawgs
12-27-2018, 05:56 PM
Word all season around Oregon has been Herbert would return for his senior year.

His family is financially fine. Obviously a windfall of millions helps out pretty much anyone, but they aren't reliant on that windfall to pull them out of poverty, which changes the desperation level.

He grew up in Eugene cheering for the ducks and with what the ducks return next season, they will likely be favored to win the pac 12 and that would likely put them in the CFP conversation. For a kid to lead his hometown team back is a big deal. There's a lot more emotional pull to get the program back on top when it's the program you've cheered for your entire life than if it's the program you weren't attached to prior to being recruited.

Finally, his brother is a 4* TE recruit who will be a freshman next year, so he'll have an opportunity to throw passes to his brother, or if he redshirts, at least have the experience of going through a season with him.

Financially he'd be better off leaving now, but I can see why he'd choose to return to school looking at his particular situation..

Funny how some of the same folks trying to argue the financial reasons for Simmons to return are also saying Herbert financially screwed up here.