PDA

View Full Version : I noticed the women's basketball dropped to 7&8 in the polls that I get but the men's

99jc
12-25-2018, 07:40 PM
Team dropping 2 spots to 19 after a win just doesn't make sense. I truely believe the women go undefeated in the SEC. I want Oregon again on a neutral floor. We still need to find a 3 point threat before NCAA tournament. Hail State!

MetEdDawg
12-25-2018, 09:03 PM
Teams below them had better wins. It makes sense this time of year. Your wins at this time of year influence polls more than they do later once identity has been established.

Dawg2003
12-25-2018, 09:36 PM
Those polls are meaningless. The NET rankings are what matter.

Dawg61
12-25-2018, 09:54 PM
We didn't exactly blow the doors off Wright State and people that vote on polls mostly just scan box scores on 75%+ of the teams. How many voters you think have actually watched us even once this year?

Bothrops
12-25-2018, 10:13 PM
I don't think the women go undefeated in conference play, but there aren't 7 teams better than them right now.

MedDawg
12-25-2018, 10:45 PM
Team dropping 2 spots to 19 after a win just doesn't make sense. I truely believe the women go undefeated in the SEC. I want Oregon again on a neutral floor. We still need to find a 3 point threat before NCAA tournament. Hail State!

State was passed by Arizona State (who beat #1 Kansas) and Kentucky (who beat UNC).

thf24
12-26-2018, 01:23 AM
Those polls are meaningless. The NET rankings are what matter.

Shouldn't make anyone feel any better. That NET rating is garbage.

Dawg2003
12-26-2018, 06:00 AM
Shouldn't make anyone feel any better. That NET rating is garbage.

I keep seeing people say this. I haven't looked into it at all. What is bad about it?

MetEdDawg
12-26-2018, 07:28 AM
I keep seeing people say this. I haven't looked into it at all. What is bad about it?

To me nothing yet. It's designed to measure the best by the end of the year. So early on people flipped out when Loyola Marymount were ranked #10 in the first NET Rankings.

It has since normalized, but people just don't like it because it's new. Here's a good read on what it measures: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/college-basketball/2018/11/03/college-basketball-rankings-net-system-explain

As of the most recent rankings I'm not sure what anyone could complain about honestly.

sleepy dawg
12-26-2018, 10:08 AM
Oregon's loss to Mighigan State really hurt our team, or we would be top 5 still with that loss.

For the men, you're right. We should absolutely be ranked in the top 15 right now. They are adjusting us in the wrong direction.

Dawg2003
12-26-2018, 12:14 PM
To me nothing yet. It's designed to measure the best by the end of the year. So early on people flipped out when Loyola Marymount were ranked #10 in the first NET Rankings.

It has since normalized, but people just don't like it because it's new. Here's a good read on what it measures: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/college-basketball/2018/11/03/college-basketball-rankings-net-system-explain

As of the most recent rankings I'm not sure what anyone could complain about honestly.

Thanks. It definitely doesn't look like the abomination some are saying it is.

As for the women, Oregon was our only chance to win a game that would have us in the top 5. The SEC is down this year, so we won't play anyone with a higher RPI than us unless something goes terribly awry. I expect us to be a 2 seed somewhere. There aren't any dominant teams this year in WBB. All have lost games or struggled when they shouldn't have. They are all beatable with the right strategy.

fishwater99
12-26-2018, 01:33 PM
State was passed by Arizona State (who beat #1 Kansas) and Kentucky (who beat UNC).

^^^
THIS and ASU beat us already..