PDA

View Full Version : Draft picks

MoreCowbell
12-25-2018, 10:34 AM
Merry Christmas, guess how many players we get drafted, which ones get drafted, and in which round they go.

I?ll guess:
1st- Simmons, Sweat
2. Jenkins, Abram
3. D. Williams
4- none
5- Mark McLaurin
6th- Jamal Peters

I?ll guess that for now but wouldnt surprise me for Fitz, Hoyett were picked up in later round.

What do you think? Also does anyone know if we will have any Benequiz Browns or Bear Wilson?s? Leo wouldn?t surprise me.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Darryl Williams isn't turning pro. Deion Calhoun has a chance to get drafted in the later rounds & I think Fitz will too.

msstate7
12-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Darryl Williams isn't turning pro. Deion Calhoun has a chance to get drafted in the later rounds & I think Fitz will too.

Fitz is a perfect 7th round project pick.

MoreCowbell
12-25-2018, 11:13 AM

Looked at 3 Mock Drafts today and he was a top 3 OG guard in each and was projected 2-3rd round. Hope he doesnt turn pro but wouldn?t surprise me.

MoreCowbell
12-25-2018, 11:16 AM

Most Mocks have Darryl going ahead of Elgton. Wouldnt surprise me in the least. Hope like hell he come back though but if he gets a draft grade of late 2 early 3 he might go.

MoreCowbell
12-25-2018, 11:18 AM

Maybe they got Calhoun and Williams mixed up because Williams is all over draft boards right now. Have not seen Calhoun yet.

parabrave
12-25-2018, 11:19 AM
Think Mclaurin and peters go higher. This is supposed to be a Defense heavy Daft and you never know when a 'run" might happen at a position that teams need..

MoreCowbell
12-25-2018, 11:22 AM
Fitz is a perfect 7th round project pick.

Yea you can?t teach his size and athleticism. That is a guy a good GM takes a flyer on. Hell he has the arm. Aaron Rodgers looked like a comepletely different player in college than he does now. I just don?t think Fitz has the mental makeup of an NFL QB. Could be the next Kelce, Ertz if he wanted to be.

MoreCowbell
12-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Think Mclaurin and peters go higher. This is supposed to be a Defense heavy Daft and when a 'run" might happen at a position that teams need..

Very well could. McClaurin very underrated and think Jamal would be perfect for safety in the NFL.

Cooterpoot
12-25-2018, 11:25 AM
Peters won’t fall below 3rd/4th round IMO.

WSOPdawg
12-25-2018, 12:08 PM
I'll play...

1) Simmons, Sweat & Abrams (I think Abrams gonna blow up at the Senior Bowl)
2) Jenkins (scouts drooling over his ability to play all line positions)
5) McLaurin, Peters & Calhoun

Undrafted FA - Fitz

RougeDawg
12-25-2018, 02:03 PM
Fitz is better than Taysom Hill for the saints as of right now today. If Fitz goes undrefted, someone is getting a steal. Give him NFL receivers that catch balls that hit them in The hands, and he will Be serviceable. He?s one of the toughest SOB?s I?ve ever seen okay the game, no matter the position. Any chance Dallas goes after him and tries to do what the saints have with Hill?

StarkVegasSteve
12-26-2018, 09:20 AM
If Fitz gets a combine invite and chooses to do receiver drills as well as the QB drills he'll catch the eye of someone like Andy Reid or Doug Pederson and they'll bring him in in that Taysom role. I've said this a few times this year, I think the success of Taysom probably gave Fitz a shot to make it in the league.

msstate7
12-26-2018, 09:22 AM
If Fitz gets a combine invite and chooses to do receiver drills as well as the QB drills he'll catch the eye of someone like Andy Reid or Doug Pederson and they'll bring him in in that Taysom role. I've said this a few times this year, I think the success of Taysom probably gave Fitz a shot to make it in the league.
Taysom does much more than that offensive package. He's a special teams demon. He also ran a 4.4 40. I don't think fitz will run that. I do think fitz is a great project qb though

ETA... I do think fitz could run a zone read package in the nfl.

MetEdDawg
12-26-2018, 09:52 AM
Fitz is the perfect 3rd string QB right now. If a team wants to carry a 3rd QB he's it. Speed, experience, and been coached by Mullen and Moorhead and had success in the SEC.

He's not getting drafted but he has a change to make a practice squad and eventually develop into a backup role. 4-5 years and maybe he gets a chance to start.

Bully13
12-26-2018, 05:47 PM
Fitz will never be a NFL QB. I think he MIGHT make TE if he can bulk up.

Ari Gold
12-26-2018, 08:00 PM
Gerri Green will get drafted

Todd4State
12-27-2018, 01:12 AM
Taysom Hill came along at the right time for Fitzgerald. While Fitz has A LOT of work to do as far as reading defenses and I'm not sure if he will ever get there there is no question about his physical skill set. If he could read defenses and not throw everything 110 MPH he could have possibly been the first QB picked in the draft. He has the measureables, arm strength, and speed. But we'll see if he can learn it and have the focus to do it.

I could see a team taking a FA flyer on Justin Johnson. Maybe convert him to FB/H-Back?

Jenkins is the top center in the draft probably. I can't see him dropping past the second round at that position. Those are really hard to find. I could see Calhoun going late possibly. Definitely a FA guy at worst.

Sweat and Simmons should be first round guys and I think Lawrence from Clemson and Oliver from Houston having some character issues of their own now helps their cause. I agree with Ari about Green being drafted. I'd guess round 5-7. I like Hoyett a lot too. He should get a FA shot at worst.

Peters could go as high as the second round and probably no later than the sixth. He is a crazy good athlete who has a knack for making plays and has the length that they want in the NFL. He's also versatile enough to play several positions in the secondary in the NFL- which is something that they covet in that league.

Abrams should be a first round pick but I could see him going in the second round. The guy strikes people and is good in coverage and against the run. He's actually somewhat underrated but I think he is a future Pro Bowler. McLaurin is even more underrated to me. He is a really cerebral player who has good leadership skills. He will be a steal for someone in the draft and I could see him starting out on special teams as a rookie and working his way into the rotation.

We could very well set a MSU record for players drafted in 2019.

Tbonewannabe
12-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Anyone planning on going to the NFL Draft in Nashville? We are planning on going so any tips from anyone that has been?

RiverCityDawg
12-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Peters will be an interesting one to me. The fact that he wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl tells me he isn't as high on draft boards as some here seem to think. The Senior Bowl decides who to invite based directly on feedback they receive from scouts and NFL executives. I could see him being a late mover if he runs and jumps well, so hope he gets a combine invite, but as of now it seems he's more of a late round guy.

Jack Lambert
12-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Taysom does much more than that offensive package. He's a special teams demon. He also ran a 4.4 40. I don't think fitz will run that. I do think fitz is a great project qb though

ETA... I do think fitz could run a zone read package in the nfl.

Hill is a good blue print for many running QB's in the NFL. I think other NFL teams will try it.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Peters will be an interesting one to me. The fact that he wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl tells me he isn't as high on draft boards as some here seem to think. The Senior Bowl decides who to invite based directly on feedback they receive from scouts and NFL executives. I could see him being a late mover if he runs and jumps well, so hope he gets a combine invite, but as of now it seems he's more of a late round guy.

He was invited to the East/West Shrine Game which is right under the Senior Bowl. A good week there he could still get a late invite to the Senior Bowl. He's also going to kill it at the combine which will give his name some buzz.