PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Wimbush transferring from Notre Dame

Quaoarsking
12-24-2018, 10:18 PM
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/24/brandon-wimbush-notre-dame-quarterback-transfer

Possibly someone for Joe to look at if we still want to go the transfer route

msstate7
12-24-2018, 10:21 PM
Nah, he's worse than fitz as a passer

BhamDawg205
12-25-2018, 12:09 AM
Wish we'd squash all this QB transfer sh** and develop what we have. Look at Auburn and Ole Miss. No heir apparent going forward. But we've stayed the course and developed talent at QB. We all agree JoMo getting at least 3 years. If Key and May can't get it done, Schrader will take the job. Unless another Cam comes along, which I haven't seen in this year's group of transfers.

TimberBeast
12-25-2018, 12:18 AM
Nah, he's worse than fitz as a passer

You have to be a miserable person to be around.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-25-2018, 07:09 AM

^^^^This^^^^ and Merry Christmas!

MrKotter
12-25-2018, 08:01 AM
He?s on here or SPS 24/7 so I?m sure he?s not irritating anyone but people who visit these sites

msstate7
12-25-2018, 08:40 AM

Fitz isn't a good passer. Do you dilude yourself to the point you can't see the obvious? What fitz is is one of the best damn running qbs ever. Wimbush is worse at passing and running. Key is a better option. Sorry if reality bothers you. But by all means, fitz is drew Brees 2.0 throwing... better? Jeez

msstate7
12-25-2018, 08:49 AM
He?s on here or SPS 24/7 so I?m sure he?s not irritating anyone but people who visit these sites

Merry Christmas

Dawgfan77
12-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Wait didn?t someone say that the ND QB was going to transfer....🤔
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?71075-Grad-Transfer-QB-Predictions&p=1026107

bulldawg28
12-25-2018, 10:12 AM
Fitz isn't a good passer. Do you dilude yourself to the point you can't see the obvious? What fitz is is one of the best damn running qbs ever. Wimbush is worse at passing and running. Key is a better option. Sorry if reality bothers you. But by all means, fitz is drew Brees 2.0 throwing... better? Jeez

Truth, Fitz can't pass.

basedog
12-25-2018, 10:46 AM

It wasn’t awful, but I’m thankful for his talent. Sorry comment indeed. Be happy not critical.

RougeDawg
12-25-2018, 01:22 PM
Another Fitz bashing thread. Give Fitz the receivers if just about any other SEC team and he is right up there with anyoothee SEC qb. Our lack of receivers has more to do with his passing than he did. Why are some so dense on this subject.

msstate7
12-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Another Fitz bashing thread. Give Fitz the receivers if just about any other SEC team and he is right up there with anyoothee SEC qb. Our lack of receivers has more to do with his passing than he did. Why are some so dense on this subject.

You're an idiot. Brunswick and I have been fitz's #1 fans here since he took his first snap. Fitz is a BA, plain and simple. He's a Mullen qb though. He is not a good passer... he just isn't, and to act like it all his WRs is dumb. Fitz had subpar sec wrs sure, but he's a subpar passing qb. He is an above avg runner... elite runner. Moorhead needs more of a passer though.

Right up there with any other sec qb? You serious, dude? Tua broke 200 passer rating this year; that's been done by 3 other guys since 2009: mayfield, Russell Wilson, and kyler Murray this season. Fromm is gonna push that 200 mark next season. The last 3 years, fitz has finished 9th (2016), 11th (2017), and 13th (2018) in passer rating in the sec.

Fitz is a great runner though, which is why he did well in QBR. He finished 19th nationally in 2016, 14th in 2017, and tanked this season at 60th. Why the huge drop? Fitz is a run first guy in a pass first offense this season. Fitz just doesn't fit this offense and neither would wimbush who is worse... way worse

bulldawg28
12-25-2018, 02:30 PM

Are you serious? They're not any WR's alive that would have made Fitz a viable Qb this year. For whatever reason his head has not been right this season.

Turfdawg67
12-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Truth, Fitz can't pass.

That's right... fuel his shitty takes on everything. This dude is a loser and has 45K post on this site alone. But please, keep encouraging him.

RougeDawg
12-25-2018, 03:25 PM
Are you serious? They're not any WR's alive that would have made Fitz a viable Qb this year. For whatever reason his head has not been right this season.

Apparently you aren?t serious. If we had receivers who could?ve caught a cold early in we for sure beat Florida. I?m guessing you and 7 missed the stat that we Were stop the dropped passes lost in the sec this season. A drop is a pass that hits the receiver in the hands or is catchable. Are you telling me that better receivers have that many drops and his passing percentage suffers from having that many drops?

I?m no rocket surgeon but any 5 year old can do that math. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/stat-shows-which-sec-qbs-are-hurt-most-by-dropped-passes/

I?m serious. Give Fitz Bama receivers that actually catch the ball and go get the ball and he?s a much better passer. Holy shit the ignorance of these replies is astounding. Give him OM receivers and he?s top half of sec QBs. Don?t give me the ?he throws too hard? bs. He had many balls that should have been caught and would have been caught by a competent receiving Corp. yea he missed some and his 53% completion % goes above 60 if he has 18 more completions.

Why are we even worried about signing higher rates WRs if WR talent doesn?t matter and/or impact QB play and stats? Can you honestly give me of an example of another SEC QB would have swapped places with Fitz and not seen their numbers go down because of who they were throwing to?

Serious questions. Give me examples of a QB that would not have seen a statistical drop off throwing to the WRs we had I. 2018 bs what they had on their respective teams.

gravedigger
12-25-2018, 03:31 PM

Pretty sure he wasn?t referring to any one comment. And passing percentage isn?t what is going to make or break a qb in this offense. Wrs and qb on the same page reading the d will.

msstate7
12-25-2018, 05:02 PM
Apparently you aren?t serious. If we had receivers who could?ve caught a cold early in we for sure beat Florida. I?m guessing you and 7 missed the stat that we Were stop the dropped passes lost in the sec this season. A drop is a pass that hits the receiver in the hands or is catchable. Are you telling me that better receivers have that many drops and his passing percentage suffers from having that many drops?

I?m no rocket surgeon but any 5 year old can do that math. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/stat-shows-which-sec-qbs-are-hurt-most-by-dropped-passes/

I?m serious. Give Fitz Bama receivers that actually catch the ball and go get the ball and he?s a much better passer. Holy shit the ignorance of these replies is astounding. Give him OM receivers and he?s top half of sec QBs. Don?t give me the ?he throws too hard? bs. He had many balls that should have been caught and would have been caught by a competent receiving Corp. yea he missed some and his 53% completion % goes above 60 if he has 18 more completions.

Why are we even worried about signing higher rates WRs if WR talent doesn?t matter and/or impact QB play and stats? Can you honestly give me of an example of another SEC QB would have swapped places with Fitz and not seen their numbers go down because of who they were throwing to?

Serious questions. Give me examples of a QB that would not have seen a statistical drop off throwing to the WRs we had I. 2018 bs what they had on their respective teams.

You say drops account for the lower passing rating. #2 on your list of drops is jake Bentley. Bentley was 3rd in sec and 17th nationally in passer rating . Fitz was 13th in sec and 94th nationally in passer rating. The difference in drop rate was 16.4 to 14.4

bulldawg28
12-25-2018, 05:06 PM

Bro, that's a long post for a response. To answer your question WR's play a big part in a QB's success. However, the only game they let him down was Florida, maybe Kentucky. Outside of that he's been a terrible passer as a whole for the year.

RougeDawg
12-25-2018, 08:56 PM
Bro, that's a long post for a response. To answer your question WR's play a big part in a QB's success. However, the only game they let him down was Florida, maybe Kentucky. Outside of that he's been a terrible passer as a whole for the year.

Because the obvious apparently isn?t as obvious to most people.

Bottom line. Give Fitz Bama, OM or almost any other SEC receiving Corp and he has 65% completion minimum. Give Tua, 5-0, or any top QB our receivers and their completion percentage drops 10-15%. That?s my point, yet 7 and others disregard this lack of WR talent with Fitz. Then in the next breath they preach that we need better receivers and recruiting. Sound like a hypocritical OM mantra to me.

bulldawg28
12-25-2018, 10:30 PM
Because the obvious apparently isn?t as obvious to most people.

Bottom line. Give Fitz Bama, OM or almost any other SEC receiving Corp and he has 65% completion minimum. Give Tua, 5-0, or any top QB our receivers and their completion percentage drops 10-15%. That?s my point, yet 7 and others disregard this lack of WR talent with Fitz. Then in the next breath they preach that we need better receivers and recruiting. Sound like a hypocritical OM mantra to me.

I have no idea what Qb you've been watching. You could have given him the Pittsburgh Steelers or Falcons WR's against LSU and he still throws 4 ints against LSU. He's been sacked 24 times this year with some of the best OL talent in a long time. He's passed for 200 yards 3 times this entire year.

It's all due that Fitz can't read coverages well and struggles with progressions. The WR's didn't help him early but have gotten better as the year progressed. I love Fitz as a competitor but he's not a passing Qb.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-26-2018, 05:53 PM

He's right. Why do you think Notre Dame doesn't want him. And yes he transferred on his on but h saw the writing on the wall

TimberBeast
12-27-2018, 03:34 AM

Tell me, what was the point of your post?