PDA

View Full Version : Will we have 10,000

raymond21
12-24-2018, 11:17 AM
attend the Outback Bowl? Being reported only 6000 tickets sold from ticket office

msstate7
12-24-2018, 11:26 AM
Really wish I could make it. Good job the rest of you

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2018, 11:31 AM
Every year in the same bowl tier vs non-exciting opponents.

We've gotten more clunky opponents in these games than most anyone else.

Michigan was good.

But after that:

Wake Forest
UCF
Rice
Louisville
Iowa
Northwestern
NC State
Georgia Tech

I mean, for all our bowl success, we usually get really crappy matchups. Other conferences just don't have the depth of the SEC.

msstate7
12-24-2018, 11:33 AM

I think 10,000 is a solid showing. Seriously doubt we took that many to orange bowl

DownwardDawg
12-24-2018, 11:33 AM

I agree. Also, I hope Moorehead and the team are fired up, because the fan base is pretty “meh” about playing Iowa.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-24-2018, 12:26 PM
If they sold 6K through the ticket office we probably break the 10K barrier. A lot of fans buy from third party services such as Stub Hub because of the better seats. If I'm going to travel a 1000 miles to see a game, I'll pay $120 to sit on the 30 -40 yard line instead of $60 to sit in the end zone.

DogsofAnarchy
12-24-2018, 12:43 PM
attend the Outback Bowl? Being reported only 6000 tickets sold from ticket office
There will be a lot more MSU fans than that. 80% of the fans didn’t buy thru the Ticket office. We had an 8000 ticket allotment and we sold almost all of them....so far. So gloom and doom it up as much as you can.

Bothrops
12-24-2018, 12:49 PM
15kish

DogsofAnarchy
12-24-2018, 12:53 PM

Michigan was good.

But after that:

Wake Forest
UCF
Rice
Louisville
Iowa
Northwestern
NC State
Georgia Tech

I mean, for all our bowl success, we usually get really crappy matchups. Other conferences just don't have the depth of the SEC.

You have some good ideas and good intentions most of the time but you are obviously way to young to understand where our program has come from in a short time. You also casually leave off that we have in recent history played North Carolina, Texas and Clemson in Bowl games.

1982 to 1990 no Bowl Games....1993, 1995, 1996 no Bowl games....we played one in 2000 and then another in 2008 and that’s the only ones in the 2000’s. We don’t get to choose our opponents in Bowl games we just go play them. Auburn played Memphis in the Birmingham Bowl a few years ago and the stadium was packed. They didn’t bitch, moan and complain about some perceived prestige of an opponent. They just went and beat their ass. So stick to reality of the here and now because it can be worse.

MetEdDawg
12-24-2018, 01:00 PM
If anyone has ever bought bowl tickets through the university you know why people don't buy them. Yes you get the points bump in the BC but the seats are horrible for the price.

We bought through the university for the Gator Bowl in 2010 against Michigan. Upper deck 10 yard line. I've always bought general admission through a ticket service since then. Now I will admit I haven't been to a bowl game in the last 5 years (got a 4 year old and a 1 year old) so maybe it's gotten better since then. But there's definitely gonna be more than that there. Way way more.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2018, 01:03 PM
You have some good ideas and good intentions most of the time but you are obviously way to young to understand where our program has come from in a short time. You also casually leave off that we have in recent history played North Carolina, Texas and Clemson in Bowl games.

1982 to 1990 no Bowl Games....1993, 1995, 1996 no Bowl games....we played one in 2000 and then another in 2008 and that’s the only ones in the 2000’s. We don’t get to choose our opponents in Bowl games we just go play them. Auburn played Memphis in the Birmingham Bowl a few years ago and the stadium was packed. They didn’t bitch, moan and complain about some perceived prestige of an opponent. They just went and beat their ass. So stick to reality of the here and now because it can be worse.

20 years ago = recent bowl history?

I wasn't downplaying it and I'm sure why Old bitter 17ers keep bringing up history 40 years ago. It's irrelevant

Leroy Jenkins
12-24-2018, 01:29 PM
I would say the MSU ticket office is not a good metric to use regarding how many people are going to be there at the game. For example, I can't see a scenario where I would buy another bowl ticket from them, much better seats on the open market. I have referenced my Liberty Bowl vs UCF experience before; more expensive, crappier seats.

Lord McBuckethead
12-24-2018, 01:29 PM
Wish all of out fans would show up early and sit between the 30s in the lower bowl and refuse to move.

Bass Chaser
12-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Yes there's 5 in our group going and we all bought through StuB Hub because our seats were terrible for the Orange Bowl.

basedog
12-24-2018, 01:35 PM

I wasn't downplaying it and I'm sure why Old bitter 17ers keep bringing up history 40 years ago. It's irrelevant

No it is not! U can’t it shouldn’t forget any history.

Come on man!

Jack Lambert
12-24-2018, 02:01 PM
If they sold 6K through the ticket office we probably break the 10K barrier. A lot of fans buy from third party services such as Stub Hub because of the better seats. If I'm going to travel a 1000 miles to see a game, I'll pay $120 to sit on the 30 -40 yard line instead of $60 to sit in the end zone.

I bought three from the Out Back Bowl webb site. Ticket Masters handle it. I got them in the mail the other day. I am sure many did like me.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2018, 02:02 PM
No it is not! U can’t it shouldn’t forget any history.

Come on man!

I didn't say forget. Just meant the lack of success is irrelevant to our modern circumstance

Tbonewannabe
12-24-2018, 02:12 PM

Around $80-90 per ticket to sit in the endzone.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Whatever was bought thru MSU.... double it.

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2018, 02:22 PM
I didn't say forget. Just meant the lack of success is irrelevant to our modern circumstance

Sheer ignorance.

Turfdawg67
12-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Bought my four off Stub Hub... 30-40 yd line & club level for half of what it was through the MSU ticket office.

Whatever was bought thru MSU.... double it.

That's pretty much what the original post said.

DogsofAnarchy
12-24-2018, 03:22 PM

Hahaha!!! “Old Bitter 17ers.” Well, that sounds personal. Some time ago when I was a dumb as hell, full of shit, shit for brains, young un, I would have dragged your stupid ass outside somewhere and beat the brakes of you dip-shit. And that’s a fact....any doubts...yo ass better call somebody. Now with that said, I didn’t go back 40 years. I went back to 1991 to start talking about Bowl History. I mention the 1980’s because there was NO history. Dipshit.

By the way, dipshit, I bought 22 Tickets for this game. Taking the whole Italian Family. How many tickets did you buy? Or is basement life to tough on you?

TUSK
12-24-2018, 03:45 PM
Hahaha!!! “Old Bitter 17ers.” Well, that sounds personal. Some time ago when I was a dumb as hell, full of shit, shit for brains, young un, I would have dragged your stupid ass outside somewhere and beat the brakes of you dip-shit. And that’s a fact....any doubts...yo ass better call somebody. Now with that said, I didn’t go back 40 years. I went back to 1991 to start talking about Bowl History. I mention the 1980’s because there was NO history. Dipshit.

By the way, dipshit, I bought 22 Tickets for this game. Taking the whole Italian Family. How many tickets did you buy? Or is basement life to tough on you?

Well, that escalated quickly....

DawgPoundtheRock
12-24-2018, 03:50 PM
Hahaha!!! ?Old Bitter 17ers.? Well, that sounds personal. Some time ago when I was a dumb as hell, full of shit, shit for brains, young un, I would have dragged your stupid ass outside somewhere and beat the brakes of you dip-shit. And that?s a fact....any doubts...yo ass better call somebody. Now with that said, I didn?t go back 40 years. I went back to 1991 to start talking about Bowl History. I mention the 1980?s because there was NO history. Dipshit.

Atta boy DoA. I've only got 4 but not through the school.

Gun, it's time to STFU. Really man. You need to let this go.

Offshore Dawg
12-24-2018, 04:18 PM

Give it up Popgun, you just got bent over the message board by DOA. He is spending some serious coin taking his family and I AM PROUD OF HIM !!

Dawg2003
12-24-2018, 04:31 PM
Hahaha!!! ?Old Bitter 17ers.? Well, that sounds personal. Some time ago when I was a dumb as hell, full of shit, shit for brains, young un, I would have dragged your stupid ass outside somewhere and beat the brakes of you dip-shit. And that?s a fact....any doubts...yo ass better call somebody. Now with that said, I didn?t go back 40 years. I went back to 1991 to start talking about Bowl History. I mention the 1980?s because there was NO history. Dipshit.

You seem nice.

I give you props for taking 22 people though.

Goldendawg
12-24-2018, 04:41 PM
Leave 'Gun alone. It's tough trying to catch MS7's post count when he is so far behind!*** Hail State and Merry Christmas to all Dawgs!

DogsofAnarchy
12-24-2018, 05:05 PM
Well, that escalated quickly....

Tusk....you live close enough to me that I’m sure you have heard the stories....lol Can you tell even at Christmas I’ve lost my patience with the Generation X or Millennial generation?

DogsofAnarchy
12-24-2018, 05:07 PM
You seem nice.

I give you props for taking 22 people though.

I am nice....but that doesn’t mean I put up with ANY shit. Is that ok or should I just roll over and take it?

TUSK
12-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Tusk....you live close enough to me that I’m sure you have heard the stories....lol Can you tell even at Christmas I’ve lost my patience with the Generation X or Millennial generation?

LOL... I've known ya a looooong time....

Now, get off my lawn!***

Howboutdemdogs
12-24-2018, 05:20 PM
Damn good entertainment here.

Look; first off, don’t take Iowa as a slouch. It will a good game, even with their tight end not playing. Remember, we did lose to NW and GT.

Second, I just had the wife send me a pic of our tickets that I bought through MSU. 35 yard line row 19, about where ours are at at DW. Very good seats.

Third, we have been hosed in the past ( Liberty, Gator twice, and Orange). But, all other games we had great seats from State, even last years frozen Gator bowl.

Fourth, I will always buy from State and support the University. Yeah, I have been bitched at from the family about expense and the 3 crappy bowl seats. But, I will support none the less, as I do at all the major sports at State as I have done since graduating over 30 years ago. I feel that is what a fan does.

Fifth, I remember the years all too well of not going to a bowl. So, I see DOW point of view.

Finally, as of now, us Dogs fans have got to enjoy our success while we can. One never knows, we could have string of no bowl seasons like those ass hats at Ole Piss.

PS: 17 Ole Piss and Go Dogs!

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2018, 05:23 PM

Complete Anarchy

tireddawg
12-24-2018, 05:50 PM
Complete Anarchy

Dude you might want to think about taking a break from here awhile. Not your best week. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

starkvegasdawg
12-24-2018, 07:02 PM
I am nice....but that doesn’t mean I put up with ANY shit. Is that ok or should I just roll over and take it?

Yep. Very nice, indeed. Enjoy the game.

TALL DAWG
12-24-2018, 07:24 PM
I think 10,000 is a solid showing. Seriously doubt we took that many to orange bowl

I was at Orange Bowl with my daughter and there were way more than 10,000 Dawgs there. Now, there probably was not 5,000 Ga Tech fans.

Headed down to Tampa also. I will be shocked if we do not have 12+k there to see the best defense in history of MSU one last time.
Hail State!

West Tn Dawg
12-24-2018, 08:01 PM

Michigan was good.

But after that:

Wake Forest
UCF
Rice
Louisville
Iowa
Northwestern
NC State
Georgia Tech

Most of those teams feel the same way having to play us. I love the Dawgs and hope we get there soon. But right now we are still considered to be the cellar dwellers of the SEC. I don't feel that way and most of you don't, but we are perceived that way by most of the country.

biggun
12-24-2018, 08:34 PM
10k to 12k Dog fans; maybe 2k to 3k Iowa fans.
Total attandence - 30k.
Not a very “sexy” matchup.

DogsofAnarchy
12-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Complete Anarchy

Good sport!! I like that!! Merry Christmas and Go Dawgs!!

DogsofAnarchy
12-24-2018, 08:48 PM
LOL... I've known ya a looooong time....

Now, get off my lawn!***

Hahahaha.....Merry Christmas!! Go Dawgs and Roll Tide!! Thanks for playing along!!

Dawgology
12-24-2018, 08:49 PM
I’m surprised there are any tickets left. Certain Iowa fans have assured us on this board that they regularly take 30k+ to every bowl game...

TUSK
12-24-2018, 08:55 PM
10k to 12k Dog fans; maybe 2k to 3k Iowa fans.
Total attandence - 30k.
Not a very “sexy” matchup.

If there's only 30k at the Outback Bowl, everybody involved should be embarrassed...

trob115
12-24-2018, 08:56 PM
Bought my four off Stub Hub... 30-40 yd line & club level for half of what it was through the MSU ticket office.

That's pretty much what the original post said.

Our crew of (6) did the same thing. Didn?t bother getting shafted by our ticket allotment given to the BDC again.

parabrave
12-24-2018, 09:17 PM
I?m surprised there are any tickets left. Certain Iowa fans have assured us on this board that they regularly take 30k+ to every bowl game...

Remember half of the state of Iowa is already in Florida, Ala and the coast and will be for the next couple of months. That is where Snowbirds come from. Already passed a few cars with Iowa tags going down HWY 90 in the FAST lane doing 20.

Bothrops
12-24-2018, 10:14 PM
This is a great bowl destination and could be the only time we go this particular bowl. However, Mississippians aren't known for traveling, and this is essentially the same bowl destination we were at just two years ago.

That said, I still think we show up for some reason.

Pit Bull
12-25-2018, 12:22 AM
Well, at least we won't have to worry from here on out if the Outback is going to take us any more. We'll just have to be selected by a colder weather bowl and get used to it. So, enjoy this one boys! Will be our first and only trip to Tampa.

Apoplectic
12-25-2018, 01:02 AM
i will never buy thru ticket office - we?ll have 20k

sleepy dawg
12-25-2018, 10:04 AM
We're professional bowl goers at this point. We know better than to get screwed through the ticket office. It's not MSU's fault since everybody gets screwed, but most of us have just been screwed too many times. If you want good seats, you just simply can't get them through the ticket office.

BogeyGolfer
12-25-2018, 10:07 AM

Go look at Ticket Master and it gives you an idea of how many seats remain. Looks like Iowa has sold a few more tickets than we have but both sides are filling in nicely. Also, ticket prices are still high which means there is a demand. Some of you just type shit to get a rise out of people without doing any research. It gets old and makes reading threads a pain in the ass. I stand by my prediction that we will have 15k-18k in attendance and total will be around 60k.

Apoplectic
12-25-2018, 12:27 PM
Go look at Ticket Master and it gives you an idea of how many seats remain. Looks like Iowa has sold a few more tickets than we have but both sides are filling in nicely. Also, ticket prices are still high which means there is a demand. Some of you just type shit to get a rise out of people without doing any research. It gets old and makes reading threads a pain in the ass. I stand by my prediction that we will have 15k-18k in attendance and total will be around 60k.

i may not buy my club seats until that morning - instead of paying 150 ea i'm guessing they'll be about 75 ea

raymond21
12-25-2018, 01:48 PM

Hoping you are correct

gravedigger
12-25-2018, 03:33 PM

Until I see the game, I?m going to assume most state fans are just passing on buying through the university.

Jack Lambert
12-25-2018, 10:46 PM
This is a great bowl destination and could be the only time we go this particular bowl. However, Mississippians aren't known for traveling, and this is essentially the same bowl destination we were at just two years ago.

That said, I still think we show up for some reason.

Timing in this one is way better then two years ago. That effected the crowd but still was a good number of State fans. We usually travel well unless it's to Provo Utah. I was there and got the free ice cream.

Now if the Las Vegas Bowl becomes a SEC VS Pack 12 match up and State gets invited that would be crowd.

Jack Lambert
12-25-2018, 10:51 PM
Until I see the game, I?m going to assume most state fans are just passing on buying through the university.

Over Priced for crappy seats. They tried to get us to buy by giving one Bull Dog Club point for each tickets bought. They would have to do better then that.

sleepy dawg
12-26-2018, 09:40 AM
Over Priced for crappy seats. They tried to get us to buy by giving one Bull Dog Club point for each tickets bought. They would have to do better then that.

I agree... I remember they did 2 points a few years back... I'll need about 10 points per ticket to budge.

Acid mouth
12-26-2018, 11:09 AM
Our crew of (6) did the same thing. Didn?t bother getting shafted by our ticket allotment given to the BDC again.
Same here. 6 in my group but after the first two Gator bowls, I'm done buying from the university's allotment. If you are gonna drop some serious monies to go to Tampa, StubHub is the only way to go. I'm gonna guess 20k+ Bulldogs and I feel like I'm being conservative