PDA

View Full Version : Dallas

State82
12-23-2018, 02:30 PM
The defensive penalties Dallas racks up are ridiculous. Senseless.

maroonmania
12-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Well both of those personal fouls were senseless on the part of the refs. Horrible calls on both that essentially gave TB that last TD.

Cooterpoot
12-23-2018, 02:36 PM
Refs and Dak were terrible that half. Dak desperately needs a good QB coach.

State82
12-23-2018, 02:40 PM
Well both of those personal fouls were senseless on the part of the refs. Horrible calls on both that essentially gave TB that last TD.

That's true. The last one was as bad as I've seen.

State82
12-23-2018, 02:41 PM

Yep. 21 offensive plays. Terrible.

parabrave
12-23-2018, 02:44 PM

No Dak needs an entire O Staff. The offense is called like it's 1964 and JJ is playing Guard. Totally unimaginative and predictable. And the line stinks and is always good for a stupid penalty at the wrong time. Dak sgould only be under center for a QB sneak.

bluelightstar
12-23-2018, 02:53 PM
Dak has been stinking it up today too. No idea what the issue is right now.

Cooterpoot
12-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Dak is completely missing open throws and holding the ball and checking down. He refuses to try to make throws down field.

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Dak has been stinking it up today too. No idea what the issue is right now.

Have any of you guys watched the Saints or Rams lately?

Dak has been a little off, but the criticism is made as if every other QB in the NFL is doing something better.

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2018, 02:58 PM
I'll say this. Dak's arm doesn't look quite 100% to me. The ball isn't popping out like it has at other times this year

DancingRabbit
12-23-2018, 03:33 PM
Defensive delay of game? Gotta be ****ing kidding me. Refs gone to shit.

Cooterpoot
12-23-2018, 03:34 PM
This crew should be banned from football. This is a 3 or 4 score game without their horrible calls.

parabrave
12-23-2018, 03:42 PM
And 77 again gets called for holding negating a big play.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-23-2018, 03:52 PM
The NFL may want to do some checking into this officiating crew....what was the spread?

RougeDawg
12-23-2018, 03:52 PM
And 77 again gets called for holding negating a big play.

Plus Zeke was already way past him and the hold wasn?t necessary.

Officiating this year has been horrendous. Even in games where neither team means anything to me, there are many calls obviously missed or made erroneously.

State82
12-23-2018, 04:00 PM
SEC officiating must be the farm system for the NFL

WSOPdawg
12-23-2018, 04:40 PM
Defensive delay of game? Gotta be ****ing kidding me. Refs gone to shit.

Yeah, that call was terrible (1st time I've ever seen that, actually). Definitely should have been called delay on Winston and the offense.

msstate7
12-23-2018, 05:36 PM
Delete

Pit Bull
12-23-2018, 09:17 PM
SEC officiating must be the farm system for the NFL

Could be....I notice a lot of southern accents from the NFL white hats in different games. Maybe the NFL thinks since the best football is played in the SEC, then the best referees must come from there too and hires a bunch of them. Who knows really?

BiscuitEater
12-24-2018, 08:50 AM

EVERY HC in the NFL would be 'overjoyed' with 20 of 25 (80%) passing, a passing TD, a TD rushing, and no INTs!

msstate7
12-24-2018, 09:01 AM
EVERY HC in the NFL would be 'overjoyed' with 20 of 25 (80%) passing, a passing TD, a TD rushing, and no INTs!

Sounds good, but 161 yds (6.4 yards/pass). Chiefs wouldn't win any game with that production with their defense

ETA... this is good enough for Dallas though, and that's who dak plays for

TALL DAWG
12-24-2018, 09:47 AM
Sounds good, but 161 yds (6.4 yards/pass). Chiefs wouldn't win any game with that production with their defense

ETA... this is good enough for Dallas though, and that's who dak plays for

3 things would help Dak,
First, why does he not throw the ball to Cooper more? He threw to him 4 times for 4 catches but for only 20 yards yesterday. Throw him some 10-20 yard routes and occasionally try a fly route. He is to good not to be getting 8-10 targets per game.
Secondly, take off, run little more and give the linebackers one more thing to consider. I realize the coaches may be telling him NOT to run as much to protect him but he can slide down to protect himself. He gets hit a lot harder on a sack than he does sliding down.
Lastly, throw to TEs little more. Did TE have a catch yesterday? (And, Dak did throw behind a wide open TE on 1 throw so I know we targeted a TE at least once.) They may not be great pass catchers but just 2-3 catches per game would give defenses one more thing 2B concerned about and open up other receivers routes.
Cowboys Up!

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2018, 09:52 AM
Want a QB like Pat Maholmes? recruit and develop QBs that play baseball. All the amazing things that Pat Maholmes does are very similar movements of what a shortstop or 2nd basemen is asked to do on a daily basis. Infielders learn to throw from different angles with quick releases unlike any other position in sports.

FWIW, Pat was a HS SS and pitcher.

BeardoMSU
12-24-2018, 09:58 AM
3 things would help Dak,
First, why does he not throw the ball to Cooper more? He threw to him 4 times for 4 catches but for only 20 yards yesterday. Throw him some 10-20 yard routes and occasionally try a fly route. He is to good not to be getting 8-10 targets per game.
Secondly, take off, run little more and give the linebackers one more thing to consider. I realize the coaches may be telling him NOT to run as much to protect him but he can slide down to protect himself. He gets hit a lot harder on a sack than he does sliding down.
Lastly, throw to TEs little more. Did TE have a catch yesterday? (And, Dak did throw behind a wide open TE on 1 throw so I know we targeted a TE at least once.) They may not be great pass catchers but just 2-3 catches per game would give defenses one more thing 2B concerned about and open up other receivers routes.
Cowboys Up!

Dear Scott Linehan....

Cooterpoot
12-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Want a QB like Pat Maholmes? recruit and develop QBs that play baseball. All the amazing things that Pat Maholmes does are very similar movements of what a shortstop or 2nd basemen is asked to do on a daily basis. Infielders learn to throw from different angles with quick releases unlike any other position in sports.

FWIW, Pat was a HS SS and pitcher.

He has a freakishly strong arm too. That helps with all the other stuff.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2018, 10:33 AM
He has a freakishly strong arm too. That helps with all the other stuff.

He's absolutely does. Just saying there are other strong armed QBs that don't have the athleticism in their arms that Maholmes does, and that absolutely comes from baseball.

msstate7
12-24-2018, 10:37 AM
He's absolutely does. Just saying there are other strong armed QBs that don't have the athleticism in their arms that Maholmes does, and that absolutely comes from baseball.

Yeah, but Mahomes could probably play sS in mlb defensively. His dad was an mlb guy. Gonna be hard to pry those guys away from baseball

WSOPdawg
12-24-2018, 10:44 AM
Dear Scott Linehan....

"... your offensive play calling sucks! Maybe your talents would be better suited for the defensive side of the ball given your ability to stymie an offense."

Cooterpoot
12-24-2018, 11:06 AM
Genetics are why Mahomes is so good. That and being around a field most days of his life. Andy Reid helps too. He's coached up a few QBs in his career.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2018, 11:07 AM
Yeah, but Mahomes could probably play sS in mlb defensively. His dad was an mlb guy. Gonna be hard to pry those guys away from baseball

Agree. That's the risk. Mahomes was a pretty big draft prospect, but wanted to go to Texas Tech and play both sports.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2018, 11:08 AM
Genetics are why Mahomes is so good. That and being around a field most days of his life. Andy Reid helps too. He's coached up a few QBs in his career.

Genetics are why they are all good. Outside of the kickers, there isn't a single NFL player without freakish genetics.

BeardoMSU
12-24-2018, 06:32 PM
"... your offensive play calling sucks! Maybe your talents would be better suited for the defensive side of the ball given your ability to stymie an offense."

F'n aye.

Repped.