PDA

View Full Version : A new twist on Luke-Hall deal

gravedigger
12-22-2018, 05:34 PM
Actually not really a twist.

Chase Parham or whatever his name is, reported it wrong that Hall pulled his name for OC. Or maybe he did after he found out the following:

Bjork blocked the hiring of Hall. Luke wanted him and had essentially offered. Bjork said no.

Wonder how that will go over.

Sorry if this was already common knowledge.

MetEdDawg
12-22-2018, 05:39 PM
Both Auburn and Ole Miss are complete train wrecks right now. Both universities have incompetent administration and walking dead head coaches. I sure hope they continue to sabotage themselves.

timotheus
12-22-2018, 05:47 PM
That is about spot on with Will. He's better off at Tulane for awhile anyway. He mite ruin his HC chances if he ever worked in Oxford.

VandelayIndustries
12-22-2018, 05:50 PM
TBH if I was Tulane I would fire his ass, he accepted the job there and then interviewed for the OM OC. Nah I would not allow that

TUSK
12-22-2018, 05:53 PM
Both Auburn and Ole Miss are complete train wrecks right now. Both universities have incompetent administration and walking dead head coaches. I sure hope they continue to sabotage themselves.

Solid Post, Met... Who woulda thunk that LSU would look "rock solid stable" in comparison (to anyone)....

MetEdDawg
12-22-2018, 06:24 PM
Solid Post, Met... Who woulda thunk that LSU would look "rock solid stable" in comparison (to anyone)....

Two years ago they were laughed at for Orgeron. Then all of a sudden not only has he started locking the state back down some but he got a transfer QB that saved his season. Now they look poised to start becoming feared again.

And now that TAMU has stability especially in recruiting Auburn and Ole Miss are on the verge of being consistent bottom half of the West finishers.

A lot of folks in our fan base have a lot of complaints, but we should all be thankful that we don't have a dumpster fire as a program. There's a lot of folks invested in our university and there's something to be said for the importance of that.

bulldawg28
12-22-2018, 06:38 PM
Hall is a big Ole miss lover. His dad Bobby Hall raised him to be a rebel. I was shocked to read he turned the job down initially. He and Luke would be great together in rebel land.

Coursesuper
12-22-2018, 07:16 PM
Y’all need to understand one thing real fast, Bjork is in no position to make any decisions without first getting approval from above his head. If this is the way thing went down, the powers that be made that call.

Bodaski
12-22-2018, 07:51 PM
Actually not really a twist.

Chase Parham or whatever his name is, reported it wrong that Hall pulled his name for OC. Or maybe he did after he found out the following:

Bjork blocked the hiring of Hall. Luke wanted him and had essentially offered. Bjork said no.

Wonder how that will go over.

Sorry if this was already common knowledge.

I don't believe Bjork stopped the hiring of Will Hall. That sounds like something his dad (Bobby Hall) would come up with to save face for his son. When you really look back at the OM situation it all falls at the feet of Archie Manning and Mike Glenn from Fed X on the coaching search that hired Hugh Freeze. They knew what they wanted and knew Freeze would do anything to get the job. Its funny you never hear anyone from OM mention Archie or Mike Glenn. As far as Bjork, he should have been fired when he and Freeze came up with the lies to try to save the 2016 recruiting class after they had received the other notice. They were outted by those hand-picked media they intentionally told the narrative to. And for Bjork to have the audacity to say, "he couldn't wait to tell his side". Who knows what it is? There have been so many lies know one can remember.

West Tn Dawg
12-22-2018, 08:03 PM
I don't believe Bjork stopped the hiring of Will Hall. That sounds like something his dad (Bobby Hall) would come up with to save face for his son. When you really look back at the OM situation it all falls at the feet of Archie Manning and the guy from Fed X on the coaching search that hired Hugh Freeze. They knew what they wanted and knew Freeze would do anything to get the job. Its funny you never hear anyone from OM mention Archie or the other guy whom I can't recall his name. As far as Bjork, he should have been fired when he and Freeze came up with the lie to try to save the 2016 recruiting class after they had received the other notice. They were outted by those hand-picked media they intentionally told the narrative to.

Fred Smith

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2018, 08:19 PM
Hall is a big Ole miss lover. His dad Bobby Hall raised him to be a rebel. I was shocked to read he turned the job down initially. He and Luke would be great together in rebel land.

It helps us that they didnt hire him recruiting wise

Memphisbulldog
12-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Fred Smith

Wrong Fedex guy.

msbulldog
12-22-2018, 09:21 PM
Mike Glenn was the Fed Ex guy.

West Tn Dawg
12-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Wrong Fedex guy.

Gotcha.

bulldawg28
12-22-2018, 11:50 PM
It helps us that they didnt hire him recruiting wise

I agree. He would be Freeze 2.0 pulling out all the stops in recruiting for his God beloved university.

Jack Lambert
12-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Does Ole Miss have a OC?

Coursesuper
12-23-2018, 05:52 PM
Does Ole Miss have a OC?

Not yet.

Todd4State
12-23-2018, 06:06 PM
Why does Bjork and the Network not want Will Hall?

timotheus
12-23-2018, 06:19 PM
Not a big enuf name is what I'm told basically.

gravedigger
12-23-2018, 06:23 PM
Why does Bjork and the Network not want Will Hall?

Good question. Probably because Bjork wants his guy. Makes sense in one way (he approves them all) and not in another ( head coaches usually select and unless they are some sort of alien, they are approved).

Both Luke and Bjork are dead men walking. The question is are they now working on a chancellor who is another Manchurian candidate or will he/she lead?

Makes you appreciate what we have, no?

Todd4State
12-23-2018, 09:17 PM
Not a big enuf name is what I'm told basically.

Since it's Ole Miss that does make sense. Hearing Tony Dungy to Ole Miss.****

Good question. Probably because Bjork wants his guy. Makes sense in one way (he approves them all) and not in another ( head coaches usually select and unless they are some sort of alien, they are approved).

Both Luke and Bjork are dead men walking. The question is are they now working on a chancellor who is another Manchurian candidate or will he/she lead?

Makes you appreciate what we have, no?

Oh absolutely. I would not be happy with Cohen telling Moorhead who to hire as our OC/DC. It makes me wonder if there is going to be a major clash in philosophy since Luke wants to run the ball and I would imagine their fans want to run a HUNH offense like Freeze with a lot of downfield passing. Will Hall's offense is likely going to be run based at Tulane I would imagine.

Coursesuper
12-23-2018, 11:05 PM
Since it's Ole Miss that does make sense. Hearing Tony Dungy to Ole Miss.****

Oh absolutely. I would not be happy with Cohen telling Moorhead who to hire as our OC/DC. It makes me wonder if there is going to be a major clash in philosophy since Luke wants to run the ball and I would imagine their fans want to run a HUNH offense like Freeze with a lot of downfield passing. Will Hall's offense is likely going to be run based at Tulane I would imagine.

There is no way Bjork is making any decision at UNM, he?s being told every move to make there.

Todd4State
12-24-2018, 12:18 AM
There is no way Bjork is making any decision at UNM, he?s being told every move to make there.

Well then why doesn't the Network want Hall then? Are they worried that he will get them in trouble and on repeat violator status? His Dad is a loudmouth and they may be hurting his son. I was just curious as to why they don't want him as the OC. He's probably about as qualified as Longo was.

timotheus
12-24-2018, 01:18 AM
I agree that Bjork is a puppet for the heavy hitters,no question about it. They want Luke to hire more flashy hire type who will continue to run an up tempo style O. If Will had already had more than one year of success at the D1 level then it would be different. At this point it is all about public perception to them. In the long run(2-3 yrs) it won't matter who runs the O due to the putrid D anyway.

Todd4State
12-24-2018, 02:14 AM
I agree that Bjork is a puppet for the heavy hitters,no question about it. They want Luke to hire more flashy hire type who will continue to run an up tempo style O. If Will had already had more than one year of success at the D1 level then it would be different. At this point it is all about public perception to them. In the long run(2-3 yrs) it won't matter who runs the O due to the putrid D anyway.

Then this is going to be another cluster for them. The thing about it is the up tempo offenses were newer and more in style I guess around 2011-2015 but it seems like other teams have caught on and then you have so many people that use tempo now that the advantage isn't as great as it was a few years ago. I think that's one reason why Freeze when 5-7 his last year, Longo wasn't anything special against SEC defenses and why Mahlzahn looks less and less like a genius.

Usually when the head football coach disagrees with the boosters over what to run scheme wise there are going to be major issues. And usually with Ole Miss that means sabotaging the current coach and destroying him within. This makes me feel like this is probably going to be Luke's last year then.

timotheus
12-24-2018, 07:40 AM
With Briles hopping on at FSU, I'm not sure who they are even looking at now. Maybe the Fisch(spelling) guy with the rams?

Mobile Bay
12-24-2018, 08:10 AM
Then this is going to be another cluster for them. The thing about it is the up tempo offenses were newer and more in style I guess around 2011-2015 but it seems like other teams have caught on and then you have so many people that use tempo now that the advantage isn't as great as it was a few years ago. I think that's one reason why Freeze when 5-7 his last year, Longo wasn't anything special against SEC defenses and why Mahlzahn looks less and less like a genius.

Usually when the head football coach disagrees with the boosters over what to run scheme wise there are going to be major issues. And usually with Ole Miss that means sabotaging the current coach and destroying him within. This makes me feel like this is probably going to be Luke's last year then.

The current substitution rules are what limits uptempo play because you can no longer trap exhausted players on the defense into being on the field, unless you run your own players into the dirt

Ezsoil
12-24-2018, 08:26 AM

Especially with Joe "Duke Lacrosse" Alleva in Charge

Saltydog
12-24-2018, 09:12 AM
one year gig knowing the new coach may clean house. Their fan base has their sites set on Hall but this may not be a good time to bring him in though. Hall knows this State well and would be a great recruiter IMO. He's just too well known. Kid is a hell'uva OC and is going to be a good coach and likely h/c somewhere down the line.

Dawgbite
12-24-2018, 09:27 AM
I have known Will and Bawbby for 25 years, about the only thing they have in common is their last name and profession. Bawbby would fit right in the Network but I just don't see Will being a part of it. If Will said he withdrew his name then he withdrew his name, if somebody else said it then I don't know. Wills wife and my wife are related so I get my info on him through the in laws pipeline, most of which isn't football related so I could be totally off. I'm glad he isn't at OM because I think he is an excellent coach, not because I think he will reignite the Network.

Todd4State
12-24-2018, 09:38 AM
I have known Will and Bawbby for 25 years, about the only thing they have in common is their last name and profession. Bawbby would fit right in the Network but I just don't see Will being a part of it. If Will said he withdrew his name then he withdrew his name, if somebody else said it then I don't know. Wills wife and my wife are related so I get my info on him through the in laws pipeline, most of which isn't football related so I could be totally off. I'm glad he isn't at OM because I think he is an excellent coach, not because I think he will reignite the Network.

If he won't play along with the Network that explains why he wasn't approved by the Network.

gravedigger
12-25-2018, 04:00 PM
If he won't play along with the Network that explains why he wasn't approved by the Network.

I think Luke wants it. I think Will knows the house cleaning isn?t going to affect his rep in Oxford. Bjork has no boss right now on paper so there isn?t anyone to literally block it.

This just seems like pettiness on Ross? part. They know they are in the wilderness until next November.

Would OM move Luke to AD and hire a HC before next season if a decent coaches name popped up?

Goldendawg
12-25-2018, 04:03 PM
I think Luke wants it. I think Will knows the house cleaning isn?t going to affect his rep in Oxford. Bjork has no boss right now on paper so there isn?t anyone to literally block it.

This just seems like pettiness on Ross? part. They know they are in the wilderness until next November.

Would OM move Luke to AD and hire a HC before next season if a decent coaches name popped up?

You spelled his last name wrong. I think it's spelled either Bjoke or Bjerk!*** Hail State!

West Tn Dawg
12-25-2018, 04:25 PM
You spelled his last name wrong. I think it's spelled either Bjoke or Bjerk!*** Hail State!

Or Bdork!