PDA

View Full Version : LSU athletes involved in shooting

VandelayIndustries
12-22-2018, 04:25 PM
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_3b213d20-061e-11e9-a56d-5f3140265c1e.html

Rumor in Baton Rouge is Clyde Edwards Helaire is involved in a self defense killing

BiscuitEater
12-22-2018, 04:38 PM
Clyde Edwards Helaire is involved in a self defense killing

Recall that Helaire was a MSU tgt / lean at one time.

VandelayIndustries
12-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Yea Dan was after him

Bdawg
12-22-2018, 05:00 PM
Hopefully he is a legal gun owner and defended himself legally. Didn't read the article but hopefully that's the case as more times than not, it's not.

TUSK
12-22-2018, 05:25 PM
tRant says the LSU RB was selling a PS4 on Craigslist...

The buyer got in the back seat, pulled his gat in an effort to jack the seller... Said seller was also strapped, kept it real, and busted a cap in the buyer's ass, killin' em....

Also, it was posted that Helaire (the shooter) called 911 and waited for the cops to arrive....

Seems like a righteous kill (so far)....

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-22-2018, 06:15 PM
Really hope this was legal self defense. Football has enough of a reputation for players being thugs

Also really hope the mugger wasn't a kid. Not that that would make CEH in the wrong, it's just sad to see. But if the mugger was over 20 I'd like to thank CEH personally for taking a piece of shit off the street. Saved probably dozens of innocent people from being mugged, and thousands of taxpayer dollars when the piece of shit got caught and sentenced. Pull a gun on people you get shot. That's how it should be. Maybe that makes me a horrible person, but I have no mercy for adults who still choose to harm others

TUSK
12-22-2018, 06:24 PM
Really hope this was legal self defense. Football has enough of a reputation for players being thugs

Also really hope the mugger wasn't a kid. Not that that would make CEH in the wrong, it's just sad to see. But if the mugger was over 20 I'd like to thank CEH personally for taking a piece of shit off the street. Saved probably dozens of innocent people from being mugged, and thousands of taxpayer dollars when the piece of shit got caught and sentenced. Pull a gun on people you get shot. That's how it should be. Maybe that makes me a horrible person, but I have no mercy for adults who still choose to harm others

Yup. Regardless of the age of the descendant, CEH made BR a better place and likely saved the gov't untold sums of tax dollas...

My hope is that the shooter and his family recover from this unfortunate incident...

Ari Gold
12-22-2018, 06:33 PM
From all I know about CEH. Great kid and great family.
Dad may be a Hwy patrolman or local cop , and I think mom may be a nurse. Im not sure about either of those but if memory serves me correctly that is accurate

VandelayIndustries
12-22-2018, 06:37 PM
Dad is a city cop I believe

TUSK
12-22-2018, 06:40 PM
From all I know about CEH. Great kid and great family.
Dad may be a Hwy patrolman or local cop , and I think mom may be a nurse. Im not sure about either of those but if memory serves me correctly that is accurate

yeppers, TD sayin' his ole man is a(n) LEO....

redstickdawg
12-22-2018, 07:48 PM
My son went to HS with Clyde, a very good kid. Even if the killing is totally justified this is a very difficult thing to deal with for anyone with a conscience.

VandelayIndustries
12-22-2018, 07:49 PM
My son went to HS with Clyde, a very good kid. Even if the killing is totally justified this is a very difficult thing to deal with for anyone with a conscience.

Yea absolutely, have a lot of good friends who went to that HS. Very good school

Bdawg
12-22-2018, 11:26 PM

It could be a tough matter for the kid, no doubt. I don't want to know what taking someone's life feels like, but if he pulled a gun on me my conscience would be just fine.

Lord McBuckethead
12-22-2018, 11:59 PM
Life pro tip, always meet a craigslist seller or buyer at your local police station.

TUSK
12-23-2018, 01:39 PM
It's being reported now that the descendant was an 18 year old and his weapon was a BB gun...

When "keepin' it real" goes wrong...

starkvegasdawg
12-23-2018, 06:30 PM
It's being reported now that the descendant was an 18 year old and his weapon was a BB gun...

When "keepin' it real" goes wrong...

When "You'll shoot your eye out with that thing" gets kicked up a notch.

PSA: when you want to live the thug life make sure your piece isn't made my Daisy.

SailingDawg
12-23-2018, 07:41 PM
tRant says the LSU RB was selling a PS4 on Craigslist...

The buyer got in the back seat, pulled his gat in an effort to jack the seller... Said seller was also strapped, kept it real, and busted a cap in the buyer's ass, killin' em....

Also, it was posted that Helaire (the shooter) called 911 and waited for the cops to arrive....

Seems like a righteous kill (so far)....

Can you translate this to Caucasian Euro-American?

TUSK
12-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Can you translate this to Caucasian Euro-American?

A young man proffered for sale his video game console on Craigslist.

At a subsequent meeting, a second young man, posing as an interested buyer, produced what appeared to be a weapon in hopes of robbing the seller.

The seller similarly produces an actual weapon and justifiably took the life of the second gentleman....

Dawg61
12-23-2018, 08:32 PM
Sad someone would be desperate/stupid enough to try something so infamously moronic as to attempt to rob an older much bigger dude (assuming) with a bb gun and lose their life because they are so thirsty for a $300 console.

Also why the hell would you setup a meeting where the buyer has the opportunity to attempt to hijack you in your car? Bet the football player doesn't have the proper licensing to be carrying either but I am just guessing.

TUSK
12-23-2018, 08:37 PM
Sad someone would be desperate/stupid enough to try something so infamously moronic as to attempt to rob an older much bigger dude (assuming) with a bb gun and lose their life because they are so thirsty for a $300 console.

Also why the hell would you setup a meeting where the buyer has the opportunity to attempt to hijack you in your car? Bet the football player doesn't have the proper licensing to be carrying either but I am just guessing.

It was in Louisiana, no license is required. He was legit....

msbulldog
12-23-2018, 09:34 PM
Just stupid and sad!

As the snow flies
On a cold and gray Chicago mornin'
A poor little baby child is born
In the ghetto (in the ghetto)
And his mama cries
'Cause if there's one thing that she don't need
It's another hungry mouth to feed
People, don't you understand
The child needs a helping hand
Or he'll grow to be an angry young man some day?
Take a look at you and me
Are we too blind to see
Do we simply turn our heads, and look the other way?
Well, the world turns
And a hungry little boy with a runny nose
Plays in the street as the cold wind blows
And his hunger burns
So he starts to roam the streets at night
And he learns how to steal, and he learns how to fight

TUSK
12-23-2018, 09:49 PM
Just stupid and sad!

As the snow flies
On a cold and gray Chicago mornin'
A poor little baby child is born
And his mama cries
'Cause if there's one thing that she don't need
It's another hungry mouth to feed
People, don't you understand
The child needs a helping hand
Or he'll grow to be an angry young man some day?
Take a look at you and me
Are we too blind to see
Do we simply turn our heads, and look the other way?
Well, the world turns
And a hungry little boy with a runny nose
Plays in the street as the cold wind blows
And his hunger burns
So he starts to roam the streets at night
And he learns how to steal, and he learns how to fight

https://youtu.be/YpufzJNrZ2Y

redstickdawg
12-23-2018, 11:59 PM

In La. your vehicle is an extension of your home and gun possession in your car and defense of your car is the same as your home. No license required and when the guy pulled the gun in the truck it is legally the same as if some one did the same in your living room, you get one center mass and one above the eyes as the deceased experienced.

TUSK
12-24-2018, 12:05 AM
In La. your vehicle is an extension of your home and gun possession in your car and defense of your car is the same as your home. No license required and when the guy pulled the gun in the truck it is legally the same as if some one did the same in your living room, you get one center mass and one above the eyes as the deceased experienced.

Laws are same/similar in AL and MS... Did dude for real get double tapped? If so, I'm impressed.

redstickdawg
12-24-2018, 08:36 AM
That's the informed word that I heard yesterday. Clyde's father is a former BRPD officer and I would guess that he had some firearm / self defense training as a result.