PDA

View Full Version : OK Dodger Fans

parabrave
12-22-2018, 01:28 AM
Just traded Puig and Kemp to the Reds for 2 prospects. Can see letting Kemp go even though he had a decent year but Puig. Hey at least he tried in the WS unlike Manny who didn't even show up.

Todd4State
12-22-2018, 01:41 AM
Not a Dodgers fan but I think they are trying to clear salary space for Harper.

parabrave
12-22-2018, 12:51 PM
Not a Dodgers fan but I think they are trying to clear salary space for Harper.

Well they got rid of 2 of their starting OFs and also Alex Woods so that just might be.

msudawg1200
12-22-2018, 01:53 PM
Longtime Reds fan here. Looks like the Reds might actually be trying to think about winning for the first time in five years. We supposedly still have money to spend. If we can get another legit starting pitcher we might threaten .500 in 2019.0

msstate7
12-22-2018, 02:09 PM
Longtime Reds fan here. Looks like the Reds might actually be trying to think about winning for the first time in five years. We supposedly still have money to spend. If we can get another legit starting pitcher we might threaten .500 in 2019.0

Still a longshot to get jt realmuto. Sorry though, I don't see how the reds can win the central

parabrave
12-22-2018, 02:11 PM
You might want to check out your minor league system. You got Rooker and that's about it. At least you're not the Marlins.

Pit Bull
12-22-2018, 03:02 PM
I'm a big Reds fan. Good move! We need all the help we can get!

parabrave
12-22-2018, 03:54 PM
Question for all of the Baseball fans. How many of you follow your teams minor league teams? I know most of the Braves fans that post here are very knowledgeable of the entire system. Since the Shuckers are here in Biloxi I follow the Brewers system now as well as most of the southern league teams since I go to most of the games. I will also tell you if you ever get a chance to go to a minor league game do it. I have more fun at the Shuckers games than I ever did at the Braves games. The players are very acesssable to all fans and you can jaw with the opposing players more at the lower levels than at the bigs, as long as its clean. So go attend the games esp in Jackson and Biloxi. Plus it's cheap entertainment for the family.

BrunswickDawg
12-22-2018, 03:58 PM
You might want to check out your minor league system. You got Rooker and that's about it. At least you're not the Marlins.

Except they don't have Rooker - he's in the Twins organization

msstate7
12-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Graveman to cubs

msstate7
12-22-2018, 04:09 PM
Question for all of the Baseball fans. How many of you follow your teams minor league teams? I know most of the Braves fans that post here are very knowledgeable of the entire system. Since the Shuckers are here in Biloxi I follow the Brewers system now as well as most of the southern league teams since I go to most of the games. I will also tell you if you ever get a chance to go to a minor league game do it. I have more fun at the Shuckers games than I ever did at the Braves games. The players are very acesssable to all fans and you can jaw with the opposing players more at the lower levels than at the bigs, as long as its clean. So go attend the games esp in Jackson and Biloxi. Plus it's cheap entertainment for the family.

I keep up with Rome, Florida, Mississippi, and Gwinnett. I'm a braves junkie during season... I watch/listen to 155+ atlanta games, watch live stats for the 4 minor league teams, and try to attend 10 miss and 2-3 Atlanta games

msudawg1200
12-22-2018, 05:11 PM

Huh? Reds have a Top 10 minor league system with 3 players in the Top 25 MLB Prospects (Senzel, Trammell, and Greene).

msudawg1200
12-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Sorry though, I don't see how the reds can win the central

Right now I don’t either, but with another move or two (which our front office is promising) we can close the gap. Right now I think the Refs ceiling is around 83-79 and the floor around 73-89. That’s way a way more promising offseason outlook than the last four years.

parabrave
12-22-2018, 06:19 PM
Except they don't have Rooker - he's in the Twins organization

Dam Pensacola is now the Twins AA team.

bobcat91
12-22-2018, 08:02 PM
The rumors for LA right now are for packaging the minor leaguers we got from Cincinnati in a package to trade for Corey Kluber of the Indians. May sign DJ Lemaheiu for second and add Nicholas Constallanos of the Tigers in the OF. We would still need to find a Catcher and another Reliever, but dont think we go after Harper.

msstate7
12-22-2018, 08:12 PM
The rumors for LA right now are for packaging the minor leaguers we got from Cincinnati in a package to trade for Corey Kluber of the Indians. May sign DJ Lemaheiu for second and add Nicholas Constallanos of the Tigers in the OF. We would still need to find a Catcher and another Reliever, but dont think we go after Harper.

Castellanos is an absolute butcher in the field

bobcat91
12-22-2018, 09:02 PM
Castellanos is an absolute butcher in the field

Then we wouldn't notice that Puig was gone

msstate7
12-22-2018, 09:05 PM
Then we wouldn't notice that Puig was gone

They aren't even close to the same level of bad. Nick (pretty sure) was the worst OFer in mlb last season. He can hit though

MaroonFlounder
12-23-2018, 10:29 AM
I've been Braves fan since Murphy, Horner etc. I miss Chipper. He was the Brett Farve of baseball. I don't follow their minor league affiliates at all. I depend on some of you guys to keep me abreast of potential call-ups. Speaking of, when do you think the 3rd basemen from MS will get the call? Austin Riley? 7 what do you think?

msstate7
12-23-2018, 10:31 AM
I've been Braves fan since Murphy, Horner etc. I miss Chipper. He was the Brett Farve of baseball. I don't follow their minor league affiliates at all. I depend on some of you guys to keep me abreast of potential call-ups. Speaking of, when do you think the 3rd basemen from MS will get the call? Austin Riley? 7 what do you think?
Donaldson injury this year or next. I think he's gonna be traded for realmuto though

parabrave
12-23-2018, 12:29 PM

He is at Gwinett right now. Can't wait to see him and Pache at Spring Training.