PDA

View Full Version : As The Plains Burn - Part 37

TUSK
12-21-2018, 11:59 PM
Gene Chizik chimes in....

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/12/former-auburn-coach-gene-chizik-defends-gus-malzahn-hes-fighting-an-uphill-battle.html?utm_campaign=aldotcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2018, 12:20 AM
It's a very unique issue there.

While MSU hasn't been as successful as Auburn, I'm glad I ain't one of them. It seems like a miserable existence to compare yourself to the Alabama program everyday. Just think of being an Auburn fan in the 5th grade right now. At least at MSU, you can win some games, compete at the highest level, and have a beatable rival that makes you feel better about life.

Todd4State
12-22-2018, 12:21 AM
I think one thing that is a lot different for them last time is when they had Chizek you knew that Mahlzahn was a possibility to replace him and an upgrade as a coach. They fire Gus after or during next year they're probably going to be in another Chizek type situation again.

TUSK
12-22-2018, 12:38 AM
I think one thing that is a lot different for them last time is when they had Chizek you knew that Mahlzahn was a possibility to replace him and an upgrade as a coach. They fire Gus after or during next year they're probably going to be in another Chizek type situation again.

yeppers... They are gonna have a tough time gettin' anything other than a desperate up-and-comer or a "yes" man....

bulldawg28
12-22-2018, 07:58 AM
The problem is comparing themselves to Bama. It's moronic for any fanbase to value their existence on the play of a team. To make things worse some compare themselves to others.

3rdGen
12-22-2018, 10:34 AM
Did we already get past the Part 17em? I must have missed that one.
I hope they make a terrible hire after Mahlzahn and it cost them 5 years of mediocrity. Although that is unlikely who wants to go compete against Saban as a rival every year. You don’t beat him in the first two years of your tenure and the seat get red hot. It is as was stated a sad affair for whoever takes Mahlzahns place.

shannondawg
12-22-2018, 10:59 AM
I've always have had a soft spot for them and TAMU because of being landgrant school same as us. But damm letting the fat cats run the damm program. Maybe fat cats run all programs, but theirs have really been a train wreck, from Lauder to yeller feller. Maybe, it's just the hate for Bama that has put rhyme over reason. Cause these guys are very successful businessmen, and I doubt they have made the dumb mistakes in leading their business as they have in being backroom AD's.

gravedigger
12-22-2018, 11:30 AM

While MSU hasn't been as successful as Auburn, I'm glad I ain't one of them. It seems like a miserable existence to compare yourself to the Alabama program everyday. Just think of being an Auburn fan in the 5th grade right now. At least at MSU, you can win some games, compete at the highest level, and have a beatable rival that makes you feel better about life.

I don?t know shotgun, you seem pretty miserable about our situation a good deal of the time.

Being an Auburn fan might not be all that much different for you.

TUSK
12-22-2018, 11:57 AM
I don?t know shotgun, you seem pretty miserable about our situation a good deal of the time.

Being an Auburn fan might not be all that much different for you.

I dunno.... AU might be "one of the 5 teams".....

was21
12-22-2018, 12:56 PM
How are these other people supposed to "help him win" ?

msstate7
12-22-2018, 01:00 PM

They have a natty and played for another one this decade. They were in the sec championship last year. Beating Georgia and Bama last season was better than any win we've had in a long time... real long time. Auburn isn't nearly as bad as this board makes them out to be. Won't surprise me a bit if they win 9-10 next year... they always seem to pull a nice season out when you least expect it

DanDority
12-22-2018, 02:13 PM
They have a natty and played for another one this decade. They were in the sec championship last year. Beating Georgia and Bama last season was better than any win we've had in a long time... real long time. Auburn isn't nearly as bad as this board makes them out to be. Won't surprise me a bit if they win 9-10 next year... they always seem to pull a nice season out when you least expect it
Don't, or can't dispute any of this.

TUSK
12-22-2018, 02:21 PM

Fax.

bulldawg28
12-22-2018, 02:35 PM
How are these other people supposed to "help him win" ?

Keep the Cam program going

Activated Alpha
12-22-2018, 03:51 PM
If Auburn, just like the rest of the college football world, would wait for Saban to retire to his Mercedes island, then there situation would be fine. Malzahn isn't a terrible coach. The bama dynasty will eventually crumble back down. Sorry Tusk...

TUSK
12-22-2018, 05:15 PM
If Auburn, just like the rest of the college football world, would wait for Saban to retire to his Mercedes island, then there situation would be fine. Malzahn isn't a terrible coach. The bama dynasty will eventually crumble back down. Sorry Tusk...

No apologies needed, buddy... I know this can't go on too much longer...

The Federalist Engineer
12-23-2018, 09:37 PM
Being the Auburn coach is not as bad as being the next Bama coach will be

That dude may get fired for losing an SEC championship game

msbulldog
12-23-2018, 09:46 PM

Hell, that dude might get fired for his 1st loss, your predecessors have statues you must walk by. Get an office on the interior of the facility with no windows, remember Bill Curry?

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2018, 09:48 PM

Will be he most interesting job search and coaching tenure of our life time.

They should maybe consider hiring an older, retread. Someone that can carry on and handle the pressure.

msstate7
12-23-2018, 10:02 PM
Will be he most interesting job search and coaching tenure of our life time.

They should maybe consider hiring an older, retread. Someone that can carry on and handle the pressure.

Would dabo dare follow saban?

Dawgology
12-23-2018, 10:08 PM
You think Auburn would hire Dani?

TUSK
12-23-2018, 10:32 PM
Would dabo dare follow saban?

I think he would... But he may dig the Clemson gig more... He does get mentioned a lot as a potential when MDL retires here in the next ~10 years, or so...

bulldawg28
12-23-2018, 10:45 PM
I think he would... But he may dig the Clemson gig more... He does get mentioned a lot as a potential when MDL retires here in the next ~10 years, or so...

I noticed the asterisk. However, The more he wins at Clemson the less likely he is to come to bama. He doesn't need Bama. They need him.

TUSK
12-23-2018, 11:00 PM
I noticed the asterisk. However, The more he wins at Clemson the less likely he is to come to bama. He doesn't need Bama. They need him.

Way too soon to say "Bammer needs [anybody]"... But I think you're right regarding Dabo... in another 5 years he may be entrenched there if he maintains his current success...

Also, Clemson is probably a more attractive gig given conference, scheduling, expectations, etc...

Pollodawg
12-23-2018, 11:15 PM
It has to be way harder to be an Auburn fan than an MSU fan. They have to measure themselves against Bama. We only have to measure ourselves against OM. Way easier.

TUSK
12-23-2018, 11:21 PM
It has to be way harder to be an Auburn fan than an MSU fan. They have to measure themselves against Bama. We only have to measure ourselves against OM. Way easier.

...and they got that thing with UGA, as well... Poor Bastards...

msu15
12-24-2018, 12:24 AM
John Gruden will be the next......wait is that still in fashion?

BhamDawg205
12-24-2018, 04:16 AM
John Gruden will be the next......wait is that still in fashion?

Gruden to Bama might be the best thing for college football.... Never seen him build anything, but no team has been the same when he leaves. He may win with Saban's recruits, but don't think he can keep it going.

BhamDawg205
12-24-2018, 04:17 AM
Gruden to Bama might be the best thing for college football.... Never seen him build anything, but no team has been the same when he leaves. He may win with Saban's recruits, but don't think he can keep it going.

Well maybe Tennessee if he took that job... Dumpster fire before and after

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-24-2018, 05:35 PM
You think Auburn would hire Dani?

Is Auburn one of his ?dream jobs? like UT, UF, Miami, UGA, and Maryland?

Token Bammer
12-24-2018, 11:00 PM
Way too soon to say "Bammer needs [anybody]"... But I think you're right regarding Dabo... in another 5 years he may be entrenched there if he maintains his current success...

Also, Clemson is probably a more attractive gig given conference, scheduling, expectations, etc...

Dabo has guts and wouldn't shy away from the shadow of Nick Saban imo. If he's offered the Alabama job and turns it down it'll be for family reasons. Otherwise, he'd crawl to Tuscaloosa.

Clemson will never be more attractive than Alabama to anyone with a pair, especially to an alum with passion for the school.

bulldawg28
12-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Dabo has guts and wouldn't shy away from the shadow of Nick Saban imo. If he's offered the Alabama job and turns it down it'll be for family reasons. Otherwise, he'd crawl to Tuscaloosa.

Clemson will never be more attractive than Alabama to anyone with a pair, especially to an alum with passion for the school.

Homerism at its finest.

Token Bammer
12-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Homerism at its finest.

If stating the truth makes me a homer, then I'm a homer. Better a homer than a blind hater.

bulldawg28
12-25-2018, 07:37 PM
If stating the truth makes me a homer, then I'm a homer. Better a homer than a blind hater.
Name 2 starting players ever suspended for Bama in an important game. However, you're on a MSU board talking about hating Bama. I doubt many could give two s**** about them.

Token Bammer
12-25-2018, 07:41 PM
I see you can't answer my question. You're on a MSU board talking about hating. I guess I should add moronic describing you as well.

Before calling someone a moron, you should be sure you're posting in the correct thread.

TUSK
12-25-2018, 07:42 PM
Name 2 starting players ever suspended for Bama in an important game. However, you're on a MSU board talking about hating Bama. I doubt many could give two s**** about them.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?71976-Bama-suspends-starting-LG-Elliot-Baker-for-bowl-game&p=1045153#post1045153

Schultzy
12-25-2018, 08:16 PM
bulldawg28 is right on the adolescent homerism from Token.

That dude can go to his bama spirit board with it.

bulldawg28
12-26-2018, 07:16 AM

You wouldn't answer question so I tracked you down. Not hard to figure out unless that bama education kicked in. I don't give a s*** about Auburn that's your rival.

bulldawg28
12-26-2018, 07:17 AM
bulldawg28 is right on the adolescent homerism from Token.

That dude can go to his bama spirit board with it.

You can kiss my a**. How's that for you? I wouldn't piss on a burning houndstooth fan in despair. F*** Bama football and the moronic idiot's that cheer for them.

Schultzy
12-26-2018, 08:56 PM
The adolescent remark was a bridge too far.