PDA

View Full Version : Butler Snow

shannondawg
12-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Appears not only to be ace recruiters but now ponzi scheme enablers per Cl this afternoon.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-21-2018, 07:34 PM
That will put a dent in The Network.... on a related note, did Dickie get his money back from the Feds....

Jack Lambert
12-21-2018, 07:56 PM
Surprise another unethical Ole Miss Lawyer or Judge going to jail.

msbulldog
12-21-2018, 07:59 PM
I am reading The Fall of the House of Zeus, all about the rise and fall of Dickie Scruggs. It is full of interesting folks in recent Mississippi history, like Charlie Merkel (RR lawsuit), Trent Lott, Steve Patterson, Mike Moore, Robert Kayat, et al. If you haven't read it, you should, it's an eye opener. The only bad thing about it is it's written by an a OM alum/prof, Curtis Wilkie.

West Tn Dawg
12-21-2018, 08:16 PM
Wouldn't it be great if during all these investigations they found some dirt on the Sharts and money being funneled to them. Sharts could kiss the SEC good bye!

ATTILLA THE DOG
12-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Surprise another unethical Ole Miss Lawyer or Judge going to jail.

and those bastards have the gall to talk shit about SteveR

Coursesuper
12-21-2018, 08:29 PM
I am reading The Fall of the House of Zeus, all about the rise and fall of Dickie Scruggs. It is full of interesting folks in recent Mississippi history, like Charlie Merkel (RR lawsuit), Trent Lott, Steve Patterson, Mike Moore, Robert Kayat, et al. If you haven't read it, you should, it's an eye opener. The only bad thing about it is it's written by an a OM alum/prof, Curtis Wilkie.

Now you are starting to understand how inbred they are and how small the circle at the top is with that bunch. There is one more name that you haven't mentioned here that is the real enabler, he's got the cash to handle it all. He financed many famous law suits.

Spiderman
12-21-2018, 08:51 PM
Now you are starting to understand how inbred they are and how small the circle at the top is with that bunch. There is one more name that you haven't mentioned here that is the real enabler, he's got the cash to handle it all. He financed many famous law suits.

Mr. Nutt

shannondawg
12-21-2018, 09:04 PM
This was just sent to me by a friend.

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2018/10/lamar-adams-gave-over-400000-to-ole.html

RocketDawg
12-21-2018, 09:04 PM
Appears not only to be ace recruiters but now ponzi scheme enablers per Cl this afternoon.

Could you elaborate on what happened for us out-of-staters?

Edit: Cancel that. It appears you did just that about the same time I was asking.

Coursesuper
12-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Mr. Nutt

You got it.

West Tn Dawg
12-21-2018, 09:12 PM
This was just sent to me by a friend.

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2018/10/lamar-adams-gave-over-400000-to-ole.html

This is marvelous!!!!!!!!

Tune in NCAA!!!!!!

shannondawg
12-21-2018, 09:16 PM
Mr. Nutt

Is this a nick name or an actual name, I don't follow or know who?

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2018, 09:57 PM
Their football infrastructure is slowly imploding and I'm not sure if they'll have people to take their place that have the same passion for cheating.

Much of the kingpins are from the 60s and 70s when they were good, but most of this generation of Ole Miss fans have seen bad football for much of their lives.

It's why it's so important that we keep this bowl streak alive. While it may not seem like a huge deal in the recruiting rankings or in national perception, we slowly but surely have a generation of kids in Mississippi growing up that only know MSU as a winner with great players in the NFL. In the end, you reap what you sow and we've been sowing good for a decade. Keep it up and that generation will be who we are recruiting soon.

Coursesuper
12-21-2018, 10:14 PM
Is this a nick name or an actual name, I don't follow or know who?

Real guy, google is your friend here.

RocketDawg
12-21-2018, 10:25 PM
Real guy, google is your friend here.

It wasn't me who asked, but googling "Mr. Nutt" only turns up fictional things.

Dawgology
12-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Interesting. Besides ole miss athletics he gives to some interesting “ministries”. Would be interested to see what towns/states they are in and how they connect to some of Ole Miss’ recruits. There is one in Texas it seems.

Coursesuper
12-21-2018, 10:49 PM
It wasn't me who asked, but googling "Mr. Nutt" only turns up fictional things.

You have tie it Ole Miss and or Dickie Scruggs. It's not a name I'm going to post on a message board.

Pollodawg
12-21-2018, 10:56 PM
Are they gonna use their Network connections to continue to recruit people who’s senior season was canceled
over sexual assault? Or was that a one time deal?

The Ole Miss cult will never change.

Goldendawg
12-21-2018, 11:05 PM
Very lengthy thread on this on SPS. Started yesterday, I think.

RocketDawg
12-21-2018, 11:13 PM
You have tie it Ole Miss and or Dickie Scruggs. It's not a name I'm going to post on a message board.

Gotcha. And that worked. I've heard of Dickie Scruggs (but had to refresh my memory of the fraud, etc.), and now I know who the other guy is too.

msbulldog
12-22-2018, 05:55 AM

You must be speaking of David Nutt.

msbulldog
12-22-2018, 06:15 AM

David Nutt is referenced several times in "The Fall of the House of Zeus".

Coursesuper
12-22-2018, 10:19 AM
David Nutt is referenced several times in "The Fall of the House of Zeus".

Without him the tobacco lawsuit dies, he feed the suit and kept them afloat then he made most of the money.

shannondawg
12-22-2018, 10:48 AM
David H. Nutt is an American lawyer and philanthropist. He is the richest person in the US state of Mississippi. Thank goodness for Google,

I've always been terrible with names and its even gotten worse as I've matured, should have remembered him from House of Zeus.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-22-2018, 10:51 AM
David Nutt is also the owner/developer of Reunion subdivision in Madison.

msbulldog
12-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Without him the tobacco lawsuit dies, he feed the suit and kept them afloat then he made most of the money.

According to the book, there was 1.6B to split, .5B for Nutt, .5B for Scruggs and .6B to pay everybody else off.
And let me go further, as a former smoker who now has COPD, we got screwed.

the59dawg
12-22-2018, 11:12 AM

nm

Political Hack
12-22-2018, 11:35 AM
Dickie got north of $900 million from the tobacco suit according to people close to the situation. I don't know how much Nutt got, but at least one other attorney not named in this thread got around $600 million. I suspect whoever wrote the book did their research, but those numbers are low and that's coming from family members that were involved.

Coursesuper
12-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Dickie got north of $900 million from the tobacco suit according to people close to the situation. I don't know how much Nutt got, but at least one other attorney not named in this thread got around $600 million. I suspect whoever wrote the book did their research, but those numbers are low and that's coming from family members that were involved.

You are correct.

Coursesuper
12-22-2018, 11:42 AM
David Nutt is also the owner/developer of Reunion subdivision in Madison.

Yep, I was in charge of the golf course construction.

was21
12-22-2018, 01:00 PM
I read it several years ago. Ironically, thought Curtis Wilkie did an honest unbiased job of relating what happened. Wilkie is a very good journalist...enjoyed his book Dixie particularly. I still think Scruggs' son should not have been disbarred although he may an asshole personally

msbulldog
12-22-2018, 05:23 PM

nm

msbulldog
12-22-2018, 05:25 PM

Lol I built and sold houses in Reunion.

Coursesuper
12-22-2018, 07:11 PM
Lol I built and sold houses in Reunion.

Will?

msbulldog
12-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Will?

Nope, not building anymore, doing my engineering thing now. I only built in Madison Co. for 2 years.

msbulldog
12-23-2018, 09:10 AM
Good article on this subject:
http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2018/12/sec-receiver-sues-butler-snow-baker.html

Coursesuper
12-23-2018, 09:58 AM
Good article on this subject:
http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2018/12/sec-receiver-sues-butler-snow-baker.html

There will be a protracted legal fight here and both firms will try to hild on to as much as they can but, if the RICCO stuff sticks this could be the end of the two largest firm in the state. And the reason is they were just plain sloppy.