PDA

View Full Version : Let's Check In on the Ole Miss OC Search....

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Will be interesting to see what they do here.

Looks like they are having trouble getting someone to sign up for a 1 year gig with a 1st year QB.

What OC could they hire that would even be worth 7 figures?

After yesterday's signing class & the inability to get an OC, I could make an argument for OM firing Luke tomorrow. Why wait? All they are doing is delaying the inevitable, which is wasting a year. My guess is that they'd get more interest in their OC position if they fired Luke & hired a guy that the new OC knew would be there for 3-5 years

https://twitter.com/RivalsChase/status/1075929792384364544

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2018, 10:32 PM
Hey man! They need to keep Luke. He is absolutely positively the best man for that job as I see it. Why even hire an OC? Luke would do a fantastic job. Get real man!

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 10:34 PM
Hey man! They need to keep Luke. He is absolutely positively the best man for that job as I see it. Why even hire an OC? Luke would do a fantastic job. Get real man!

You're right man. What was I thinking..... LOL

Dawgology
12-20-2018, 10:36 PM
Luke is a good man. They would be terrible people to fire him. He should stay there for another 10 years.

Todd4State
12-20-2018, 10:45 PM
The problem with firing Luke is that they have to find another coach with ties to the Network to keep things going. Heaven forbid that they have to live with David Cutcliffe style recruiting.**

somebodyshotmypaw
12-20-2018, 10:46 PM
Ta'amu, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, and Lodge at skill positions. Jordan Sims, Sean Rawlings, Greg Little, and Javon Patterson on the line. That is some serious offensive talent to lose off a roster with little depth. And we know how the defense looks. They will hit bottom in 2019 and have to clean house after the season. And potential assistant coaches know it.

Of course it's all Leo's fault for lying.

Todd4State
12-20-2018, 10:52 PM
Ta'amu, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, and Lodge at skill positions. Jordan Sims, Sean Rawlings, Greg Little, and Javon Patterson on the line. That is some serious offensive talent to lose off a roster with little depth. And we know how the defense looks. They will hit bottom in 2019 and have to clean house after the season. And potential assistant coaches know it.

That and the fact that I would guess that it is a real possibility that this is Luke's last year there. And certainly no more than two years left for him. Assistant coaches want to be somewhere that is somewhat stable at least. Add in the fact that it is demanded that they cheat and it's another mark against them.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-20-2018, 10:56 PM
That and the fact that I would guess that it is a real possibility that this is Luke's last year there. And certainly no more than two years left for him. Assistant coaches want to be somewhere that is somewhat stable at least. Add in the fact that it is demanded that they cheat and it's another mark against them.

I think they clean house after the 2019 Egg Bowl, and that includes Luke. The 2019 W/L record, ticket sales, and recruiting will demand it. They could lose to Memphis, Cal, Vandy, and Mizzou. And that doesn't include the SEC West.

Todd4State
12-20-2018, 10:58 PM
I think they clean house after the 2019 Egg Bowl, and that includes Luke. The 2019 W/L record, ticket sales, and recruiting will demand it. They could lose to Memphis, Cal, Vandy, and Mizzou. And that doesn't include the SEC West.

I absolutely 100% agree. One more Egg Bowl blowout alone would be more than enough. I'd even say that there is a chance that they have an interim in place by the time the Egg Bowl rolls around.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-20-2018, 11:01 PM
I absolutely 100% agree. One more Egg Bowl blowout alone would be more than enough. I'd even say that there is a chance that they have an interim in place by the time the Egg Bowl rolls around.

You are correct about the interim possibility. The ticket sales are going to be terrible. Apathy and empty seats will dictate a change. I could honestly see them at 2-10 overall and 0-8 in the SEC. It could happen.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 11:06 PM
You are correct about the interim possibility. The ticket sales are going to be terrible. Apathy and empty seats will dictate a change. I could honestly see them at 2-10 overall and 0-8 in the SEC. It could happen.

If we're lucky they'll go 5-7 or 6-6 and they'll have hope for Luke

West Tn Dawg
12-20-2018, 11:26 PM
If we're lucky they'll go 5-7 or 6-6 and they'll have hope for Luke

5-7. I don't want them to go to a bowl.

timotheus
12-20-2018, 11:42 PM

I spoke with a die hard baby shark fan today and he said butts in seats along with depleted giving and going Ofer in the SEC next season will rid them of Bjork as well as Like.

duncflydawg
12-21-2018, 12:24 AM
Bjork will be first to go. The new AD will not want to hang his hat on Luke so that should be Luke’s undoing.

1bigdawg
12-21-2018, 10:24 AM
I have been around some of their boosters when they were talking. They EXPECT next year to be a down year and are mentally prepared for it. That may keep Luke around for another year - to give him a chance to show that he can turn it around.

confucius say
12-21-2018, 10:28 AM
I find it interesting that Luke, at least this year, is recruiting much like Mullen did when he got to state. Sign a ton of 3 star MS guys and try to develop them. Try to grind and build a program.

TrapGame
12-21-2018, 10:28 AM
I have been around some of their boosters when they were talking. They EXPECT next year to be a down year and are mentally prepared for it. That may keep Luke around for another year - to give him a chance to show that he can turn it around.

I think they may keep Luke two more years. They have to find a coach that is comfortable with the cheating and boosters acting like they're rock stars b/c they shell out tens of thousands to reel a kid in.

TrapGame
12-21-2018, 10:30 AM
I find it interesting that Luke, at least this year, is recruiting much like Mullen did when he got to state. Sign a ton of 3 star MS guys and try to develop them. Try to grind and build a program.

You know that ain't gonna fly. That's not the ole miss way.

confucius say
12-21-2018, 10:35 AM
You know that ain't gonna fly. That's not the ole miss way.

I know. But it is the more sustainable approach and is what they should do at least initially to get them respectable, whether it be with Luke or another coach.

Doggie_Style
12-21-2018, 10:35 AM
I think they may keep Luke two more years. They have to find a coach that is comfortable with the cheating and boosters acting like they're rock stars b/c they shell out tens of thousands to reel a kid in.

They'll never find anyone who luuuuuuuuuvs OM like Luke does.....he's a keeper!

Spiderman
12-21-2018, 10:44 AM

Agree except on Ta'amu. Corral is better, I think. He's at least as good. Ta'amu was accurate, and could move ok, but he was a puss

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2018, 10:51 AM
Agree except on Ta'amu. Corral is better, I think. He's at least as good. Ta'amu was accurate, and could move ok, but he was a puss

I agree that Corral is more talented. He won't have 3 top 50 NFL picks at WR to throw to & an NFL LT protecting him though.

The one thing about Ta-amu though is that he was pretty cerebral. While he may have been a puss at times, he never played out of control. Corral my be significantly more streaky with lower lows.

Jack Lambert
12-21-2018, 11:02 AM
I agree that Corral is more talented. He won't have 3 top 50 NFL picks at WR to throw to & an NFL LT protecting him though.

The one thing about Ta-amu though is that he was pretty cerebral. While he may have been a puss at times, he never played out of control. Corral my be significantly more streaky with lower lows.

Corral will be a problem while on the field for Ole Miss. He does not have the temperament to play QB.

Covercorner2
12-21-2018, 11:03 AM

They are going to miss their stud WRs ALOT. Take away those guys and they literally probably would have won 3 games in 2018. Depending on Brown, Metcalf and Lodge to make circus catches was literally the majority of their offense. Who is going to be able to do that next year? The only receiver they will have on their roster next year over 6'1 is Miles Battle who will be a sophomore and had 2 catches in 2018.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Corral will be a problem while on the field for Ole Miss. He does not have the temperament to play QB.

I want to agree with you, but I didn't think Chad Kelly or Bo Wallace did either. For whatever reason, guys makeup problems disappear there & then arise again the moment they leave.

TrapGame
12-21-2018, 11:13 AM
I want to agree with you, but I didn't think Chad Kelly or Bo Wallace did either. For whatever reason, guys makeup problems disappear there & then arise again the moment they leave.

They made sure Chad stayed on his meds. When he was off his meds he was a total head case. That's probably why he screwed up at Denver. He didn't have caretakers anymore making sure he took his meds daily.

Jack Lambert
12-21-2018, 11:14 AM

I never saw chad or Bo get into a fight with a DB. Hell he was 40 yards away and ran down field to get into the fight.

TrapGame
12-21-2018, 11:15 AM
I know. But it is the more sustainable approach and is what they should do at least initially to get them respectable, whether it be with Luke or another coach.

100% agree w/ you but we think rationally because we are rooted in a stable reality. The typical om fan lives in his own version of The Matrix: Ole Miss Edition.

Mobile Bay
12-21-2018, 12:24 PM
I never saw chad or Bo get into a fight with a DB. Hell he was 40 yards away and ran down field to get into the fight.

I may have. I forget what position that HS player Chad fought was.

BeardoMSU
12-21-2018, 12:35 PM
I may have. I forget what position that HS player Chad fought was.

Lol, beat me to it.

Dawgology
12-21-2018, 02:08 PM

He’ll be perfect for that new “go-get-open” offense!!**

Commercecomet24
12-21-2018, 02:20 PM
He’ll be perfect for that new “go-get-open” offense!!**

I wonder if I can become an OC. I had years of experience running that "everyone get open" offense in the backyard lol.

Coursesuper
12-21-2018, 02:37 PM
This entire episode that's playing out up there is great to watch, it like a rudderless ship crashing into the rocks at the mercy of the waves. The best part is that its all of their own making.

Commercecomet24
12-21-2018, 02:42 PM
This entire episode that's playing out up there is great to watch, it like a rudderless ship crashing into the rocks at the mercy of the waves. The best part is that its all of their own making.

Yep, Karma is vengeful and ugly witch and she never forgets.

TALL DAWG
12-21-2018, 02:56 PM
He?ll be perfect for that new ?go-get-open? offense!!**

I predict OK Correl will...be hurt by the 5th or 6th game of the year. He will be running for his life with not nearly the good OL to protect or a good receiving core to throw too.

Why any good player would want to go to Plantation to play now is beyond belief. They may crawl back to 5-6 wins by 2021. Maybe.

No bowl games for their players for several more years. Meanwhile, in 2021, we?ll be continuing to add to our record bowl streak.
Hail State!

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-21-2018, 03:00 PM
I agree that Corral is more talented. He won't have 3 top 50 NFL picks at WR to throw to & an NFL LT protecting him though.l.

Or have Braxton Hoyett protecting him from getting his ass beat by Jamal Peters.

Commercecomet24
12-21-2018, 03:15 PM
Or have Braxton Hoyett protecting him from getting his ass beat by Jamal Peters.

That was one of the funniest things I think I've ever seen. A player saving an opponent from getting his butt whipped! Corral owes Braxton a huge debt for saving his skinny behind!

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2018, 05:15 PM
Will Hall not going there is a good thing for us recruiting wise. He is pretty close with coaches at Brandon

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2018, 05:16 PM

I saw Bo Wallace lose a fight against Nickoe Whitley

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Will Hall not going there is a good thing for us recruiting wise. He is pretty close with coaches at Brandon

With Mingo, my thing is this: if he hasn't decommitted by now what will it take?

Seems to me he's kind of set on OM because they suck and offer nothing, but yet he's still in.

msstate7
12-21-2018, 05:42 PM
With Mingo, my thing is this: if he hasn't decommitted by now what will it take?

Seems to me he's kind of set on OM because they suck and offer nothing, but yet he's still in.

By no means do I wanna quit recruiting Mingo and young, but I want us to have viable good replacements lined up. I say we go 0-2 on that pair

Ari Gold
12-21-2018, 06:57 PM
They have been EXTREMELY lucky the last 9 years with QB situation.
I have a feeling their luck is about to run out with this douche bag..

West Tn Dawg
12-21-2018, 07:01 PM
So, OM was turned down by an assistant at Tulane, to stay at Tulane? How far have they fallen! It's Glorious!
The Mighty Landsharts are lower than Tulane! I can't stop laughing! And if you read their boards, the best they got is we have a women beater on our team. Glorious I say, Glorious!!!!

Coursesuper
12-21-2018, 08:34 PM

If he were to decomit now they would go over the top after him, the pressure they would apply would be tremendous, it's best the sit back play the game with them then hose them at the last minute. Much easier on the kid and his family.

timotheus
12-21-2018, 08:57 PM
He is practically joined at the hip with them and only one thing will work to alter it. They have made him feel very special and valuable.

Todd4State
12-22-2018, 12:42 AM
So, OM was turned down by an assistant at Tulane, to stay at Tulane? How far have they fallen! It's Glorious!
The Mighty Landsharts are lower than Tulane! I can't stop laughing! And if you read their boards, the best they got is we have a women beater on our team. Glorious I say, Glorious!!!!

Whose Dad is the biggest Ole Miss homer ever.

This would be like us offering Hudspeth the OC position and Hud turning it down because we were such a flaming dumpster fire.

Ari Gold
12-22-2018, 09:51 AM
If Will was offered the job and decided to turn it down ..Wow
If Will was offered the job .. accepted the job.. and then it was shot down by Bjork.. Mother ****ing Wow

Either way It’s a total shit storm there

somebodyshotmypaw
12-22-2018, 10:26 AM
Will Hall is trying to advance his career. He's afraid that he will go to Ole Miss, inherit no talent, put up numbers far worse than Longo, win 3 games, then get let go when Luke is fired. He is afraid that it will be a setback in his career trajectory. He's mapping out his career and trying to figure out how to advance to a head coach. He doesn't want a big stain on his resume. Remember how many fans were worried about Shoop's time at UT? And Shoop was making a parallel move and had years of solid defenses on his resume.

Todd4State
12-22-2018, 11:10 AM
If Will was offered the job and decided to turn it down ..Wow
If Will was offered the job .. accepted the job.. and then it was shot down by Bjork.. Mother ****ing Wow

Either way It’s a total shit storm there

Why would Bjork shoot it down?

Political Hack
12-22-2018, 11:17 AM
Bjork should've been fired years ago. The fact that he remains there tells me he knows where the bodies are. Tried and will squeal like a pig if they fire him. I suspect he'll have to get a job somewhere else before they can him, and the likelihood of anyone else hiring that chit show is close to zero.

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Bjork should've been fired years ago. The fact that he remains there tells me he knows where the bodies are. Tried and will squeal like a pig if they fire him. I suspect he'll have to get a job somewhere else before they can him, and the likelihood of anyone else hiring that chit show is close to zero.

Problem is Politico is that, even if they fire him and hire someone else, then next guy will be faced with the same issues Bjork is which will inevitably lead to the same outcome.

- Do I let boosters tell me what to do and look the other way? Which will lead to the new AD knowing where the bodies are buried.

Or

- New AD is strong and clean, and then gets fired because the boosters don't like it.

The issue OM has and has always had is that evil and doing not the right thing never last in business, sports, etc. They are simply doomed long term until good people with proper motives take the reigns.

TUSK
12-22-2018, 12:45 PM

AU may have a suitable opening in the next year or so,,,,

He'd prolly fit in well, there....