PDA

View Full Version : Which players that signed yesterday burn the redshirt next year?

Tbonewannabe
12-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Is Charles Cross good enough to get into the rotation?

Jarrian Jones? Anyone else?

Schrader needs a year to get acclimated and probably rehab from his injury. Maybe get spot duty for his redshirt year in a couple of games.

Juco RB get carries behind Kylin?

Cooterpoot
12-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Jones and Sharp will play. Not sure about anybody else from yesterday.

msu15
12-20-2018, 12:10 PM

Schrader needs a year to get acclimated and probably rehab from his injury. Maybe get spot duty for his redshirt year in a couple of games.

Kareem Walker did not sign yesterday

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Looking forward to Feb, I think Pickering will play early along with Mingo & Byron Young if we were to get them.

gravedigger
12-20-2018, 12:23 PM

Witherspoon, Cross, Jones, Shrader. Maybe more. All depends on who picks up the offense. I have a feeling this year we may see a larger number of underclassmen playing than we ever have. It also may mean that upper classmen may transfer too.

msu15
12-20-2018, 12:36 PM
It also may mean that upper classmen may transfer too.

That could be something to keep an eye on. I'm definitely expecting some attrition after the bowl game.

KOdawg1
12-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Fred Peters

Cooterpoot
12-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Fred Peters

Damn, forgot about Peters. He's a given.

Tbonewannabe
12-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Did we sign two Jucos? Sharp and Peters? So are we still expected to sign the Juco RB?

I would expect the Jucos to at least play some, not many actually redshirt. I could see Mingo getting into the rotation if he signs. We also lose a lot of Dline so maybe Pickering, Moore, and Young if they all sign.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2018, 08:33 PM
Looking forward to Feb, I think Pickering will play early along with Mingo & Byron Young if we were to get them.

Mingo would start day 1

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2018, 08:34 PM
Witherspoon, Cross, Jones, Shrader. Maybe more. All depends on who picks up the offense. I have a feeling this year we may see a larger number of underclassmen playing than we ever have. It also may mean that upper classmen may transfer too.

We are absolutely going to see it because of the RS rule. You are stupid if you dont put your young guys out there at some point to see what they have

Todd4State
12-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Shrader if he wins the QB job. I don't anticipate that happening but I'm not ruling it out either.

Walker at RB

If we get Mingo I think he would play a lot.

Sharp IF he is healthy. And he should be. I'm not sure how rusty he is.

I think Moore and Pickering and Young if we get all of them have a chance to be contribute in the rotation.

Jarrian Jones and it's interesting that they are viewing him as a potential CB.

Fred Peters at safety.

Homedawg
12-21-2018, 12:22 AM
Pickering and Peters that's the only guarantees

Homedawg
12-21-2018, 12:27 AM
Mingo would start day 1

Hahahahaha

mstatefan91
12-21-2018, 01:39 AM
Hahahahaha

That doesn't actually seem that absurd.. It could be wrong, but it is certainly possible if he signs.....

DancingRabbit
12-21-2018, 02:21 AM
Mingo would start day 1

I think we need to explore this angle further. Should the twits among us tweet this question? Would Mingo start Day 1 ??

Pit Bull
12-21-2018, 06:04 AM
Hard to say.....sort of depends on who we lost at what positions. We do have a lot of good up and coming redshirt freshmen who will have an impact this fall. I personally just off the top of my head would like to see Schrader and any offensive linemen redshirt. Others will have to show the staff in Spring practice if they have it enough..... to not redshirt. Offensive linemen are historically the ones who need to redshirt more than any other position. Hope we can do that. We'll see I guess. I'm not really too worried about it.

Homedawg
12-21-2018, 02:36 PM
That doesn't actually seem that absurd.. It could be wrong, but it is certainly possible if he signs.....

i was really more laughing at it in the sense that bucky is damn near Mingo's agent. Which is fine, I get it, supporting his boy! Now, honestly i don't think he starts, if we are lucky enough to get him. Playing wr in JOMO's offense isn't the same as playing in oxford. We don't have a just get open play. LOTS of reads by the receiver based on coverages. It's just tough to pick up on for a guy not coming in early. See whop. His head was spinning until November and he was here in the spring.

HoopsDawg
12-21-2018, 02:49 PM
We burned 3 in last year's class: Guidry, Whop, and Murphy. And honestly the coaches shouldn't have burned Whop and probably shouldn't have burned Murphy's. I realize they played special teams but with this new 4 game rule a kid really needs to be in the 2 deep if you are going to burn him.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Hahahahaha

He is better than anyone we have on campus. Ask our coaches

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2018, 03:18 PM
i was really more laughing at it in the sense that bucky is damn near Mingo's agent. Which is fine, I get it, supporting his boy! Now, honestly i don't think he starts, if we are lucky enough to get him. Playing wr in JOMO's offense isn't the same as playing in oxford. We don't have a just get open play. LOTS of reads by the receiver based on coverages. It's just tough to pick up on for a guy not coming in early. See whop. His head was spinning until November and he was here in the spring.

Mingo ran an air raid offense for 4 years. Been running option routes, the whole 9. He can handle it.

Homedawg
12-21-2018, 04:35 PM
He is better than anyone we have on campus. Ask our coaches

While I don't doubt you, truly, that's not saying much. I hope we find a way to steal him.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2018, 05:09 PM
While I don't doubt you, truly, that's not saying much. I hope we find a way to steal him.

Him, Thomas, Mixon, Guidry, Mitchell Jackson and Jason is a pretty good group.

As much as a I like Williams he had one good game and that was Arky

lastmajordog
12-22-2018, 12:16 AM

But not if they can?t pass protect..........

somebodyshotmypaw
12-22-2018, 11:34 AM
We burned 3 in last year's class: Guidry, Whop, and Murphy. And honestly the coaches shouldn't have burned Whop and probably shouldn't have burned Murphy's. I realize they played special teams but with this new 4 game rule a kid really needs to be in the 2 deep if you are going to burn him.

We also burned the redshirt of true freshman Scott Goodman.

bulldawg28
12-22-2018, 03:48 PM

Agreed