PDA

View Full Version : some of what I saw last night

tcdog70
12-19-2018, 10:28 AM
1. your All-American can't --not score in the second half and give half-ass effort.
2. Please run a play to set up Bibby from 3.
3. Come on Vic they ran the same play every trip and you never made an adjustment--every heard of a zone?
4. we must be able to keep T in the paint on defense.
5-we have no player that knows how to take a charge,
6.Thank God for Howard--she kept us in the game.
7. Taylor and the U-conn Transfer need to play more.
8. if we had run a 1-3-1 with Howard or Bibby at the top we could have stopped that 17ing pick and roll.
9. when we play really good teams that have super guards we will be in trouble unless Vic makes some changes.
10 Maybe this is one of those good loses. if there is such a thing.

Turfdawg67
12-19-2018, 10:32 AM
All that... and $5 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. Dude is giving advice to Vic, Lolz!

Scared_Hitless
12-19-2018, 10:39 AM
Lost to a good team on the road where if we breathed on them we got a whistle. But that does not excuse Big T's effort it was lackluster hopefully she is sick or something lingering because that is not good enough from her. Howard is a stud she is the glue of this team so far.

Bibby cannot create a shot that is going to be an issue going forward, if they double team T and roll pressure to Bibby like last night. Our guards are lazy defenders to be great athletes. Vic will get us right and the talent is there. Need more spacing and possibly another shooter on the floor with lack of shooters we cannot get spacing.

MadDawg
12-19-2018, 10:42 AM
1. Her effort was all on her, but her game was over when they T'd her up for turning around.
2. They were setting screens and running Bibby all over the court to get her open. She couldn't get open.

Scared_Hitless
12-19-2018, 10:44 AM
1. Her effort was all on her, but her game was over when they T'd her up for turning around.
2. They were setting screens and running Bibby all over the court to get her open. She couldn't get open.

Main issue for Bibby is they can stick to her because we have no spacing on the floor. No one is scared of Danberry and Holmes shooting they are bad. We may need to replace one with Hunter just to give teams a threat, not like they were good on D last night and they offer little offensively.

Cooterpoot
12-19-2018, 10:48 AM
I saw what I've seen all year. A team with no shooters, who don't run the floor very well, struggles with faster teams, and have no bench. T didn't play well last night is the only new issue. Howard is all we've got for a scorer. We'll lose some more games this year. We aren't where we've been the last couple of years, but we're still a sweet 16 team.

Scared_Hitless
12-19-2018, 10:53 AM
I saw what I've seen all year. A team with no shooters, who don't run the floor very well, struggles with faster teams, and have no bench. T didn't play well last night is the only new issue. Howard is all we've got for a scorer. We'll lose some more games this year. We aren't where we've been the last couple of years, but we're still a sweet 16 team.

Pretty much this honestly. I am shocked how bad we are defensively. If nothing else we should be lockdown since all most of our team offers is athleticism.

fishwater99
12-19-2018, 11:17 AM
Any Dunks??

https://twitter.com/LindsayJoyTV/status/1073067193229692929

StarkVegasSteve
12-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Main issue for Bibby is they can stick to her because we have no spacing on the floor. No one is scared of Danberry and Holmes shooting they are bad. We may need to replace one with Hunter just to give teams a threat, not like they were good on D last night and they offer little offensively.

I don't think Hunter is ready to play at this point. Didn't play much last night and looked lost when she was out there.

Pinto
12-19-2018, 12:00 PM
I don’t know jack about basketball and am taking out of my arse, but I would run a 2-3 zone with this team. I’d put Holmes and Danberry up top, T in the middle, and Howard and Bibby on the wings.

Gutter Cobreh
12-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Bibby doesn't need to be starting. She is a role player at this point, with the ability to shoot from behind the arch if open. That's it. It seems like she still needs time to develop.

I trust our coaches though, just wasn't impressed with her play last night.

I was impressed with Howard. I didn't like her when she was at A&M, but love her being on our side. It would have been a blowout without her.

Scared_Hitless
12-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Bibby doesn't need to be starting. She is a role player at this point, with the ability to shoot from behind the arch if open. That's it. It seems like she still needs time to develop.

I trust our coaches though, just wasn't impressed with her play last night.

I was impressed with Howard. I didn't like her when she was at A&M, but love her being on our side. It would have been a blowout without her.

Bibby has limitations. She is being asked to assume VV's role as our primary scorer. She does not have the ability. T needs to dominate for us to make a deep run. I am talking Brittney Griner or Aja Wilson level dominant.

Saltydog
12-19-2018, 12:13 PM
more to the game than that but in the end, that's what doomed them last night and will moving forward against the better teams.

Dawg2003
12-19-2018, 12:32 PM
more to the game than that but in the end, that's what doomed them last night and will moving forward against the better teams.

We lack shooters and can't play man to man defense. At least, we can't play it with a full court press and no subs. They can't hold up to that. A zone would have stopped Oregon from scoring so many paint points, not worn the players out, and protected them from foul trouble. We also had 2 starters foul out. Expect that to happen again. Vic is a great coach, but they all have their weaknesses. His refusal to add a zone to his play book is his weakness. We don't need to run a zone every time, but it can e very helpful sometimes.

This team is good but not top 5. We never earned that ranking. It was given to us due to respect for our program and the fact that some teams ranked before us lost. But to be clear, we had the worst RPI of any of the teams in the top. We played a bunch of sub 200 and 300 our RPI teams and a very suspect Texas team riddled with injuries. Marquette was our biggest test, and we almost failed that test in exactly the same manner that we lost to Oregon. Marquette was driving in the lane at will as well. I don't anticipate a Vic will change anything though. Coaches are very stubborn creatures.

It's still reasonable to think we will win the SEC because the SEC is not good this year. I think we will probably lose 1 to 2 more games and be a two seed somewhere, win the SEC, and maybe the SEC Tournament. There's just no one else on the schedule that can really challenge us besides maybe Tennessee or Kentucky. But ND and UConn would kill us right now.

tcdog70
12-19-2018, 02:52 PM
All that... and $5 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. Dude is giving advice to Vic, Lolz!

so just curious, what did I say that you disagree with? You don't think ZONE would have stopped the top of the key pick and roll? what player do we have that can take a charge? They are always a step late. do you disagree that they continually beat us with 1 simple pick and roll play that we never adjusted to? do you think Vic is above criticism? looks like pretty basketball beat 40 minutes of Hell.

Lord McBuckethead
12-19-2018, 04:46 PM

Well its not like what he said was wrong. A 1-3-1 zone would shut down that one play. No doubt.