PDA

View Full Version : So Tmr gonna suck for our CB board

preachermatt83
12-19-2018, 12:40 AM
James decided to delay signing because he got an auburn offer and Alabama intrest. And then brooks is telling the staff that 2-10 trainwreck, Arky is just "in his heart". Smh. Pitiful.

KOdawg1
12-19-2018, 12:43 AM
It isn't "in his heart."
It's in his pocket. No way you want to join that shit show for free.

I understand DJ somewhat but still sucks that we were on him from the beginning and he's Bama and AU's backup plan but he'll sign with them.

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2018, 12:45 AM
Our staff is on the precipice of getting their ass kicked in recruiting.

Completely embarrassing finish.

Just win they told us...
Sell out the stadium they told us....
We just need more money they told us...

And yet the same recruiting keep showing up on campus. What gives?

I wish someone at MSU would let us know what in the world we need to do to recruit better

Irondawg
12-19-2018, 01:05 AM
The problem with Brooks isn’t so much the flip, it’s doing it the day before signing day. At least with James it was a new offer from in state school. Nothing new has happened to brooks in weeks

Irondawg
12-19-2018, 01:08 AM
And I don?t know why we have trouble at corner. We are selling a consistently good defense that puts players in the NFL and we have an ex high level NFL player as the position coach. Plus the overall team is winning at a high clip in the best conference

Todd4State
12-19-2018, 01:30 AM

Just win they told us...

I wish someone at MSU would let us know what in the world we need to do to recruit better

So, we're losing a 3 star out of state CB that is under 6'0" tall and we're "getting our ass kicked in recruiting"?

The only way to continue to recruit better is to keep winning, keep putting people in the NFL, and keep recruiting hard. I believe that most of our recruiting problems were from not recruiting hard enough under Mullen. With Joe we are in year one of his regime and currently have a top 20 recruiting class. As he builds more relationships the recruiting will improve.

QB- 4 star player
RB- Added a JUCO that was a former UA All-American. May flip Ealy who is a four star as well.
WR- 3 star players for now but have 2 4 stars committed for next year.
TE- Not a need this year.
OL- We just flipped the hottest player in the state of Mississippi in Cross from Florida State. I believe Cunningham is a 4 star recruit on some sites as well. Have the top JUCO OL prospect in the state committed as well.

DL- Pickering, Moore, and Russell are all four star recruits.
LB- Ani is a four star edge player.
CB- Took it on the chin today but I think we offer and flip Plumlee who is a four star player. Could play WR as well. Also have a four star CB committed for 2020.
S- Jarrian Jones is a 4 star prospect.

We're getting more four star players- most of whom are in state four star players- and we're also seeing much more balance in our class than we typically did under Dan. Part of the problem under Dan was not signing enough players at certain positions- that's how you end up starting sophomores who aren't ready yet.

Todd4State
12-19-2018, 01:31 AM
The problem with Brooks isn’t so much the flip, it’s doing it the day before signing day. At least with James it was a new offer from in state school. Nothing new has happened to brooks in weeks

That's the good thing about the early NSD. Imagine if he did this in February. At least now we have a month and a half to fill the spot.

Dawg61
12-19-2018, 01:39 AM

Just win they told us...

Lol you live and die with every recruiting fart. Just last week everyone was singing JoMo praises including you. Hell just three days ago with the Fields transfer news.

GeorgeKaplan
12-19-2018, 01:49 AM

Just win they told us...

Thought you didn?t bash our staff, tough guy. Maybe get a child-proof thing on your keyboard already.

MarketingBully
12-19-2018, 02:45 AM
Of the three DB commits we had committed, DJ James was the only difference maker. James didn’t decommit from us just decided to wait until February. Who knows. Maybe Auburn and Alabama hit on other targets and slow play James. It’s not clear what he will do.

Bothrops
12-19-2018, 03:20 AM
DJ James is 100% gone.

Joe Schmedlap
12-19-2018, 04:45 AM
T Buck gets us in the conversation with big time corner prospects but seems to falter on signing day.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2018, 06:50 AM
I hope someone archives this shit fest so when we close perfectly fine on the real signing day everyone can eat crow.

Dawgology
12-19-2018, 08:29 AM
You people are crazy. Back off the edge.

If we are going to lose someone I'd rather lose them to Arkansas than to a team that is a real competitor. Arkansas (like Ole Miss) will be wandering in the desert the next few years. And, honestly, if an athlete chooses that do we really want someone with that level of "smart" on our team. They would end up a non-contributor anyway.

Liverpooldawg
12-19-2018, 08:34 AM

Just win they told us...

Good grief get a life. We aren't getting our ass kicked.

gravedigger
12-19-2018, 08:44 AM

Just win they told us...

Shotgun.....dear word.

Jack Lambert
12-19-2018, 09:01 AM

Just win they told us...

It's 8:00 in the morning. Can you please wait until lunch time?

Big4Dawg
12-19-2018, 09:42 AM
Staff is 0-3 today.

Dean and Raydar to OM it looks like. Back to their old ways. Will finish above us most likely. Sad.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2018, 09:44 AM
Staff is 0-3 today.

Dean and Raydar to OM it looks like. Back to their old ways. Will finish above us most likely. Sad.

Tell me who we missed on that we were supposed to get?

msstate7
12-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Staff is 0-3 today.

OM can get a 5-star guy to sign, but our highest rated commit won't today. Our high level guys should sign... helps momentum

Big4Dawg
12-19-2018, 09:50 AM
Tell me who we missed on that we were supposed to get?

Hall
Brooks
James

MetEdDawg
12-19-2018, 09:53 AM
OM can get a 5-star guy to sign, but our highest rated commit won't today. Our high level guys should sign... helps momentum

Unless they are able to go on visits and drum up interest for our university. Might help our coaches figure out if guys visiting other schools want to go elsewhere. This early signing day I believe has actually made it potentially advantageous for a school like ours to keep our top guys uncommitted.

If a guy like Pickering is truly committed to us (and I firmly believe he is), why not send him on some visits to see if he can help Moorhead figure out if there are some talented kids on official visits that might want to come to another school like ours? Pickering signing today would do nothing for us except shut him down. Now he can still verbally and physically get in front of other kids and recruit them.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2018, 09:53 AM
Hall
Brooks
James

Why were we supposed to get Hall? And I'm guessing you just aren't going to add in the recruits we have committed? You add in we are 0-3 and two of those were commits. So we should add in the commits we DO have signing right? So technically we are like 8-10 right?

Stop being recruiting dumb.

Big4Dawg
12-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Why were we supposed to get Hall? And I'm guessing you just aren't going to add in the recruits we have committed? You add in we are 0-3 and two of those were commits. So we should add in the commits we DO have signing right? So technically we are like 8-10 right?

Stop being recruiting dumb.

That's why I said "today"

Turfdawg67
12-19-2018, 09:55 AM
James decided to delay signing because he got an auburn offer and Alabama intrest. And then brooks is telling the staff that 2-10 trainwreck, Arky is just "in his heart". Smh. Pitiful.

Go away. This board is better w/out you.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2018, 09:56 AM
That's why I said "today"

So we are 8-10 right?

KOdawg1
12-19-2018, 09:57 AM

Who says Dean is going to OM? Jim Shute? I haven't seen anyone credible suggest this

TexasDawg
12-19-2018, 09:58 AM

Just win they told us...

I really wish you cheered for a different team

Big4Dawg
12-19-2018, 09:58 AM
So we are 8-10 right?

Wtf are you talking about? Do you want to add all the kids we offered as "Ls" then?

I'm clearly talking about kids that have been uncommitted and we're deciding today.

Turfdawg67
12-19-2018, 09:59 AM

Just win they told us...

What a psycho...

msstate7
12-19-2018, 09:59 AM
Who says Dean is going to OM? Jim Shute? I haven't seen anyone credible suggest this

I'm just going by the post above. I haven't kept up with dean at all bc I knew we had no shot

MetEdDawg
12-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Wtf are you talking about? Do you want to add all the kids we offered as "Ls" then?

I'm clearly talking about kids that have been uncommitted and we're deciding today.

Why? No credit for the staff on getting a kid like King Ani? Or flipping Cross who was an FSU commit 2 weeks ago? Just going to show public anger about what we didn't do and not what we did do.

Makes total sense on a day like today. Let's crap on the staff and how bad we are doing. Maybe that will get kids to come to MSU!

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2018, 11:30 AM
So Brooks who is a Bama kid who played well in the MS/AL, gets Bama/AU attention and we flip out because he wants to wait? The kid is doing whats best for him and is totally understandable. He was still committed to us last I checked, Brooks is too.

RELAX. Jones can play CB and be a damn good one. We have 2 good CBs in Dantzler and Smitherman with Tyler Williams behind them. We do need to sign some LBs, I could see Purvis playing there or at S, he should be rated much higher than he is.

msstate7
12-19-2018, 11:34 AM
So Brooks who is a Bama kid who played well in the MS/AL, gets Bama/AU attention and we flip out because he wants to wait? The kid is doing whats best for him and is totally understandable. He was still committed to us last I checked, Brooks is too.

RELAX. Jones can play CB and be a damn good one. We have 2 good CBs in Dantzler and Smitherman with Tyler Williams behind them. We do need to sign some LBs, I could see Purvis playing there or at S, he should be rated much higher than he is.

Brooks is from LA. James is from AL

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2018, 11:42 AM
Brooks is from LA. James is from AL

You knew what I meant

Jack Lambert
12-19-2018, 11:45 AM

Apparently it was fancy pants.

KOdawg1
12-19-2018, 11:49 AM
Apparently it was fancy pants.

Haha like I said, I've seen no one credible suggest this

tireddawg
12-19-2018, 11:57 AM
What a psycho...

Yea, I hope he gets that worked out.

RougeDawg
12-19-2018, 12:21 PM
T Buck gets us in the conversation with big time corner prospects but seems to falter on signing day.

TBuck has no impact on the $$$ Bama and Auburn throw at recruits. This is exactly why I started the thread the other day, HOPING THE NEW STAFF WAS PREPARED TO COMBAT THE SHENANIGANS that were forthcoming.

To which Ari dumbass responded that I was an idiot for bringing the topic up. I?ve seen it happen too many times and far too often to know that we play too nicely in the recruiting game. It wasn?t just under Don. We historically play these things too nice and don?t do whatever it takes. Some white lies are forgiven over time by these recruits. If they weren?t Bama, auburn and the other high paying programs would have mass transfers.

I was simply stating Sunday that I sure hope this staff is different and does not allow this shit right at the end of the recruiting periods. Apparently they are no different and we still have not learned how to play the game.

Maybe we will never get IT with regard to what it takes to constantly land top classes.

RougeDawg
12-19-2018, 12:26 PM
Unless they are able to go on visits and drum up interest for our university. Might help our coaches figure out if guys visiting other schools want to go elsewhere. This early signing day I believe has actually made it potentially advantageous for a school like ours to keep our top guys uncommitted.

If a guy like Pickering is truly committed to us (and I firmly believe he is), why not send him on some visits to see if he can help Moorhead figure out if there are some talented kids on official visits that might want to come to another school like ours? Pickering signing today would do nothing for us except shut him down. Now he can still verbally and physically get in front of other kids and recruit them.

??? Umm ?? Any increased chance of one of our recruits being subjected to the shenanigans that other programs routinely pull and get away with, hurts our chances.

It worked on Chris Jones and there is only one reason he signed with us and didn?t flip to OM last minute. He truly wanted to go to OM at the end, but doing so would have impacted his ?Playing Time?. Let?s just leave it at that.

Pollodawg
12-19-2018, 12:43 PM
I stopped following recruiting a long time ago. It?ll be what it is, and there?s no way you should ever let the decisions of 17-18 year old kids affect your life this way.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2018, 12:54 PM
??? Umm ?? Any increased chance of one of our recruits being subjected to the shenanigans that other programs routinely pull and get away with, hurts our chances.

It worked on Chris Jones and there is only one reason he signed with us and didn?t flip to OM last minute. He truly wanted to go to OM at the end, but doing so would have impacted his ?Playing Time?. Let?s just leave it at that.

Chris Jones and Pickering aren't even close as far as their commitment to MSU at this point in their recruitment.

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Chris Jones and Pickering aren't even close as far as their commitment to MSU at this point in their recruitment.

Chris Jones came to MSU and is representing us well in the league. Lets just leave it at that. He turned down OM at their cheating prime at the end of the day.

Pickering is all dawg and has been for a while