PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jones Left Off Pro-Bowl Roster

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2018, 08:25 PM
Among things that make you go, "Huh?"

Congrats to Cox, McKinney, & Slay

I'll forever believe that Chris Jones' draft stock, career, & this pro bowl situation will always be limited due to him having an extremely generic name that other NFL players have. If Jones' name was "Zeke Force" he would've gone in the first round & made this pro bowl team.

He needs a nickname bad.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1075194427130277890

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuvdNVbUYAAD1Oh.jpg

BeardoMSU
12-18-2018, 08:30 PM
Wow. Snub city.

MetEdDawg
12-18-2018, 08:45 PM
Don't forget congrats to McKinney. His name is on that list as well.

But Chris Jones being left off is absolute insanity

Tbonewannabe
12-18-2018, 08:45 PM
He barely set the NFL record and is close to the sack lead. Obviously he needs to be better than extremely dominant.

RocketDawg
12-18-2018, 09:11 PM

I'll forever believe that Chris Jones' draft stock, career, & this pro bowl situation will always be limited due to him having an extremely generic name that other NFL players have. If Jones' name was "Zeke Force" he would've gone in the first round & made this pro bowl team.

He needs a nickname bad.

he would've went! **

Political Hack
12-18-2018, 10:08 PM
He's arguably the 2nd best DT in the NFL right now. This absolute trash. He more than deserves it.

biggun
12-18-2018, 10:10 PM
Criminal. But he is about to sign a HUGE extension which will make this snub look like absolute trash

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2018, 10:12 PM
My guess is that CJ ends up making it as rosters shake out due to the Super Bowl & injuries

biggun
12-18-2018, 10:15 PM
Also, he has already either broken or at least tied the record for sacks in consecutive games at 10 in a row! He was an absolute beast last Thursday night vs the Chargers, 2 1/2 sacks and basically unblockable.

Pro Bowl = Political trash. CJ will get his pay day and recognition and then some!

Todd4State
12-18-2018, 11:08 PM
I know others have said it but I'll say it again because it's just astounding that a guy that sets or comes close to setting a NFL record for sacks is left off of the Pro Bowl roster.

LC Dawg
12-18-2018, 11:18 PM

He made sure to get himself noticed at the combine.

BeardoMSU
12-18-2018, 11:18 PM
My guess is that CJ ends up making it as rosters shake out due to the Super Bowl & injuries

Good point. I bet that definitely happens.

Dawg61
12-18-2018, 11:55 PM
Chris Jones got absolutely robbed!

Bothrops
12-18-2018, 11:59 PM
MSU cannot have too much recognition. It won't be allowed.

Hawkeyegoofball
12-19-2018, 11:30 AM

He needs a nickname bad.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1075194427130277890

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuvdNVbUYAAD1Oh.jpg

Congrats to the three MSU players who received Pro Bowl recognition!

Agree - it's a head scratcher with Jones, but equal or better players have been left off the PB roster before.

Let's see if Jones makes All-Pro, because that's the more valued recognition for him going into his the last year of his rookie contract in '19 and working on an extension...that and his current games sack streak (10?). He's gonna get recogni$ed.

Peace.

dawgs
12-19-2018, 01:04 PM
Read some thing about jones being listed as a DE for voting purposes instead of a DT being a quirk that helped keep him off the pro-bowl roster. I'm guessing he still makes the team as guys drop out, but that does suck for him.

Side note, but this kinda shit is why it's dumb to agree to a contract with significant bonuses for being "all pro" or an "all star" or "all nba". You are relying on an unreliable metric that doesn't always jive with your performance. NBA is especially BS since making all-NBA teams determines the max of a player's max deal.

Pollodawg
12-19-2018, 01:39 PM
Unbelievable.

Tbonewannabe
12-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Read some thing about jones being listed as a DE for voting purposes instead of a DT being a quirk that helped keep him off the pro-bowl roster. I'm guessing he still makes the team as guys drop out, but that does suck for him.

Side note, but this kinda shit is why it's dumb to agree to a contract with significant bonuses for being "all pro" or an "all star" or "all nba". You are relying on an unreliable metric that doesn't always jive with your performance. NBA is especially BS since making all-NBA teams determines the max of a player's max deal.

Especially since sometimes guys make it on past history and name recognition. There is a couple of guys that shouldn't be on it and a few guys that should like Jones.