PDA

View Full Version : My take on Vic?s ladies...

Rick Cleveland
12-17-2018, 05:11 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2018/12/17/vic-schaefer-undefeated-state-can-get-a-whole-lot-better/

Commercecomet24
12-17-2018, 05:29 PM
What Vic is doing is absolutely amazing! Glad we got him! Great article!

Dawg2003
12-17-2018, 06:02 PM
I had no idea McCowan was shooting 71%. That's amazing. Unless something goes terribly wrong, we should win the SEC and hopefully win our first SEC Tournament.

fader2103
12-17-2018, 06:39 PM
McCowan might be playing at the level for #1 pick overall.

gravedigger
12-17-2018, 09:06 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2018/12/17/vic-schaefer-undefeated-state-can-get-a-whole-lot-better/

Very well written Mr Cleveland.

captaindog
12-17-2018, 10:19 PM

The best part of the program right now is that there is no player that is completely safe in her position. Coach Schaefer has been quick to pull starters if they mess up and obviously doesn?t pay attention to recruiting rankings once a player arrives on campus. B Scott was not one of our higher rated players out of high school. However there have been several games where she is the first guard off the bench due to willingness to play defense, rebound and play within the offense.

DCdawg
12-17-2018, 10:43 PM
I understand this is a crazy comparison for a coach who hasn't won it all, but the way Schaefer is able to get the most out of his players regardless of their talent level reminds me of Saban. As mentioned above he maximizes talent and demands effort at all times. I'm hopeful that he will seal the deal with a Natty soon.

WSOPdawg
12-18-2018, 09:44 AM
The best part of the program right now is that there is no player that is completely safe in her position. Coach Schaefer has been quick to pull starters if they mess up and obviously doesn?t pay attention to recruiting rankings once a player arrives on campus. B Scott was not one of our higher rated players out of high school. However there have been several games where she is the first guard off the bench due to willingness to play defense, rebound and play within the offense.

That's what I've been thinking during the last 3 weeks with Espinoza-Hunter being pushed down in the lineup. Coach knows he's gotta have more than a good 3-point stroke on the floor and demands his players play man-to-man D. This is not a shot at Hunter (b/c I love her and the dimension she can add to our team) as she still has not completed 1 year of play yet on the court.

Same with Miya as she's got to learn how NOT to turn the ball over and distribute the ball as Vic's point guard even though she likes to shoot. The future is definitely bright with these two, but this will be a year of growing pains as they fight for more minutes off the bench.

Scared_Hitless
12-18-2018, 04:32 PM
Vic is an absolute elite coach. We have our own Saban and I am happy that the fanbase bought in 100% because that is the reason he will retire here.

This team has no ceiling we are faster and more athletic than at anytime under Vic's tenure, but they have to learn to play like champions. Vic will get them there. This may be the year.