PDA

View Full Version : Charles Cross

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Rosebowl say on the Boneyard that Charles will likely be promoted to the number 1 overall prospect in Mississippi following his week at the MS/AL game.

Not sure if that means he'll be a 5 star or if Dean will get demoted, but either way this guys appears to be a DUDE

msstate7
12-17-2018, 03:07 PM
Dean is .9925 (14th nationally). Cross is .9574 (95th nationally). That would be quite a jump. Not sure I believe it with dean likely to Bama/Georgia and cross a state commit

msu15
12-17-2018, 03:11 PM
This would be on the 247 side not the composite. Dean is a 4 star and 97 overall from 247.

msstate7
12-17-2018, 03:12 PM
This would be on the 247 side not the composite. Dean is a 4 star and 97 overall from 247.

Good call

msu15
12-17-2018, 03:13 PM
Good call

Hell thinking about it, what the hell 247 lol. How is Dean not a 5 star.......

BeardoMSU
12-17-2018, 03:16 PM

He would be if he was committed to MSU*****

msu15
12-17-2018, 03:18 PM
He would be if he was committed to MSU*****

Lololol yep!

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2018, 03:22 PM
As for ranking being inflated for certain schools, look no further than Tennessee's lack of talent on the field and the Lawless kid that was rated a 90 4 star in their class last year as a DT coming in at 6'1"

StarkVegasSteve
12-17-2018, 03:24 PM
I've seen a lot of people say throughout the year they thought Cross and Pickering were actually 1 and 2. I believe those two are the most ready college players right now. I think Dean is a stud no doubt, but I just believe Cross and Pickering are the two most college ready.

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 03:26 PM
I love that our top four commits are in the trenches. That's how you win SEC football

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2018, 03:29 PM
I've seen a lot of people say throughout the year they thought Cross and Pickering were actually 1 and 2. I believe those two are the most ready college players right now. I think Dean is a stud no doubt, but I just believe Cross and Pickering are the two most college ready.

Cross isn't college ready he's about 275. He needs a good RS year in the weight room. Most feel Byron Young is the most college ready DL in the state but Pickering has the higher ceiling.

msu15
12-17-2018, 03:31 PM
I love that our top four commits are in the trenches. That's how you win SEC football

Agreed

Scared_Hitless
12-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Just an FYI Cross only lost 1 I repeat 1 1v1 all week at the MS/AL all star practices. Guy is a monster, not to mention the one he lost was to Charles Moore. We gotta get more of these guys in the boat. Pickering, Moore, Ani, Cross, Pendley we got some solid guys for the trenches.

Really happy with Joe's commitment to the LOS which is imperative in this league.

AlSwearengen
12-17-2018, 04:22 PM
Let’s make sure his success this week doesn’t cause another school to slip in the door in any way. They will ramp up their efforts.

msu15
12-17-2018, 04:23 PM
Let’s make sure his success this week doesn’t cause another school to slip in the door in any way. They will ramp up their efforts.

Lol.....smfh

HoopsDawg
12-17-2018, 04:24 PM

Dean is a little small for a 5 Star LB imo. I think he should be a high 4 Star guy.

dawgs
12-17-2018, 04:41 PM
As for ranking being inflated for certain schools, look no further than Tennessee's lack of talent on the field and the Lawless kid that was rated a 90 4 star in their class last year as a DT coming in at 6'1"

Aaron Donald is like 6'1", so height (or lack thereof) doesn't prove recruiting rankings wrong. Not sure how. 4* DT failing to make a huge impact as a true freshman proves anything either.

AlSwearengen
12-17-2018, 04:42 PM
Lol.....smfh

Shake your head all you want. I’m not an insider, don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, and know nothing about Cross. Maybe you do.

But to act like it is a silly notion to expect his success and ratings jump to peak the interest of some other sec
schools/boosters, then you are either dumb or maybe arrogant because you have information that I don’t.

Cooterpoot
12-17-2018, 04:43 PM
I’ve said from day one Dean is too small to be great. He’s smart and fast but he’ll have some trouble in the SEC. Not saying he won’t be good but he’s got limitations.

msstate7
12-17-2018, 04:53 PM
I’ve said from day one Dean is too small to be great. He’s smart and fast but he’ll have some trouble in the SEC. Not saying he won’t be good but he’s got limitations.

Obviously there are many more examples of guys that couldn't play, but dat Nguyen, al Wilson, and Sam mills (my favorite LB ever) are guys that have played LB undersized

MetEdDawg
12-17-2018, 05:02 PM

I'm not sure what this means. What would you like us to do?

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure what this means. What would you like us to do?

Coach Moorhead ?ok Charles, don?t play your best because we don?t want other schools noticing you. Thanks?

That would go over well**********

msu15
12-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Shake your head all you want. I?m not an insider, don?t know what goes on behind the scenes, and know nothing about Cross. Maybe you do.

But to act like it is a silly notion to expect his success and ratings jump to peak the interest of some other sec
schools/boosters, then you are either dumb or maybe arrogant because you have information that I don?t.

The dude is literally an Army All American. You think he hasn't already been nationally recruited yet? Talk about dumb.....

MetEdDawg
12-17-2018, 05:17 PM
Coach Moorhead ?ok Charles, don?t play your best because we don?t want other schools noticing you. Thanks?

That would go over well**********

Exactly. I mean I just don't get this mentality. We want you to kind of not play well because we are scared other teams may come along and try and get you. I mean what kind of shit mentality is that?

LC Dawg
12-17-2018, 05:17 PM
Obviously there are many more examples of guys that couldn't play, but dat Nguyen, al Wilson, and Sam mills (my favorite LB ever) are guys that have played LB undersized

I got a little emotional seeing the name Sam Mills. He may not have been the biggest player but he had the biggest heart. I hope he gets in the Hall of Fame soon.

Scared_Hitless
12-17-2018, 05:23 PM
I mean if other schools are going to get on Cross they better hurry he is signing in 48 hours with the Good guys and getting here for the spring.

Commercecomet24
12-17-2018, 05:36 PM
Charles has been contacted by every major program around for quite awhile now. He didn't just become this star out of nowhere. Coaches know who he is. He's a Dawg now.

Todd4State
12-17-2018, 05:46 PM
Exactly. I mean I just don't get this mentality. We want you to kind of not play well because we are scared other teams may come along and try and get you. I mean what kind of shit mentality is that?

It's the Dan Mullen is our coach during recruiting season mentality. It's probably going to take at least another cycle or two for the fanbase to completely get over that mentality too.

I mean if other schools are going to get on Cross they better hurry he is signing in 48 hours with the Good guys and getting here for the spring.

I like the early NSD. One of the better rules that the NCAA came up with.

AlSwearengen
12-17-2018, 05:48 PM
Oh, coaches are the only ones that recruit now? I’m just going to assume that we aren’t talking about certain things and not approach it.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-17-2018, 06:26 PM
The word is that everyone at MS/AL is very impressed with Cross's feet, agility, and ability to bend. Very agile and smooth for a big kid. Great tackle prospect.

BuckyIsAB****
12-17-2018, 11:38 PM
He looked damn good tonight.

I'll say this about the Dean kid, I have watched him in 2 games, against the best two teams he played all year and I just dont see why he is so hyped.

Hes not bad but the talk is like he is Jack Lambert. He aint.

mstatefan91
12-18-2018, 12:23 AM
This class has a really good chance of being one for the ages if we can pull off a couple of “flips” of our own.

msstate7
12-18-2018, 12:33 AM
This class has a really good chance of being one for the ages if we can pull off a couple of ?flips? of our own.

iF thIs staff kEeps our cLass together anD addS a particular player...

Todd4State
12-18-2018, 12:42 AM

I'll say this about the Dean kid, I have watched him in 2 games, against the best two teams he played all year and I just dont see why he is so hyped.

Of course not. Dean has all of his teeth.**

Bubb Rubb
12-18-2018, 01:01 AM

There is a reason he is rated high, and there is a reason every big school in the SEC wants him. Kid is going to be a star. If we were in the picture on him, you'd be drooling.

He played 6A ball and was the biggest reason that a historical loser was able to win the state this year.

BuckyIsAB****
12-18-2018, 01:04 AM
There is a reason he is rated high, and there is a reason every big school in the SEC wants him. Kid is going to be a star. If we were in the picture on him, you'd be drooling.

He played 6A ball and was the biggest reason that a historical loser was able to win the state this year.

You're acting like I said he was garbage, all Im saying is I saw him vs OG and tonight (two best teams he saw all year, you could throw MC in there too but I didnt see it) and he was good but not what the talk is about him.

Cooterpoot
12-18-2018, 06:57 AM
I agree with Buck. You don?t see a ton of guys his size playing LB in the NFL. He?ll be a good player but give me Cross and Pickering over him every day.

Coursesuper
12-18-2018, 09:09 AM

Good player for sure, but unless he can carry 20 more pounds and grow 2 inches its going to be tough sledding for him playing in the middle. He has good speed and good instincts but hes and olb that will have to play in space. He will have to be scheme player.

dawgs
12-18-2018, 12:02 PM
I don't scout croots or even watch film, but dean has the size/speed to be a hybrid LB/SS that so many teams love these days. Don't know if he has the cover skills to do it, but if he does, that's the type of position he'd end up playing imo. With so offended so versatile and spread out these days, coaches love those types of guys that can stay on the field regardless of the offensive personnel and both play the run and cover slot guys well enough to not be a liability.

Again, no idea if dean has the cover skills to play that role, but his size/speed seems Taylor made for that kinda role.