PDA

View Full Version : MBB NET Ranking goes from 26 to 16

msudawg1200
12-17-2018, 11:11 AM
This is the new formula being used instead of RPI. Need to keep it rolling.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

msstate7
12-17-2018, 11:13 AM
4-5 seed right now then.

MetEdDawg
12-17-2018, 11:20 AM
Good thing for us is that Arizona State loss is not really hurting us. They are damn good. Ranked 20th as of the last poll update and there should be another one today I believe that should bump them up into the 16-19 range. So that's a good loss.

If we can traverse the next 3 games of the non conference and finish with our only loss being to Arizona State, we will be in fantastic shape. Need the SEC to finish strong these last few weeks. We should all be cheering for our conference to do well over the last two weeks of non conference play.

PMDawg
12-17-2018, 11:34 AM
Good thing for us is that Arizona State loss is not really hurting us. They are damn good. Ranked 20th as of the last poll update and there should be another one today I believe that should bump them up into the 16-19 range. So that's a good loss.

If we can traverse the next 3 games of the non conference and finish with our only loss being to Arizona State, we will be in fantastic shape. Need the SEC to finish strong these last few weeks. We should all be cheering for our conference to do well over the last two weeks of non conference play.

SEC is looking like a max 6 bid league right now; but more likely 4 or 5. SEC not helping us so far. LSU has been a real disappointment.

klong-dog
12-17-2018, 11:51 AM
LSU is 8-3 & just beat a good St. Mary's team on the road or neutral court. I think they'll be ok.

MetEdDawg
12-17-2018, 12:24 PM
SEC is looking like a max 6 bid league right now; but more likely 4 or 5. SEC not helping us so far. LSU has been a real disappointment.

2 of their losses are to Top 25 teams, one of which on the road. The things we should be really mad at are Kentucky losing to Seton Hall, Bama having losses to Nebraska, Georgia State, and UCF, and South Carolina losing to teams like Stony Brook, Providence, and Wyoming. We get all three of those teams twice and they are killing themselves right now.

StarkVegasSteve
12-17-2018, 04:21 PM
2 of their losses are to Top 25 teams, one of which on the road. The things we should be really mad at are Kentucky losing to Seton Hall, Bama having losses to Nebraska, Georgia State, and UCF, and South Carolina losing to teams like Stony Brook, Providence, and Wyoming. We get all three of those teams twice and they are killing themselves right now.

Kentucky will start to hit their stride once SEC play starts. We need to find a way to get both, but we definitely have to get the one in Starkville. Bama needs to be a sweep, but we also have trouble playing in Coleman for some reason. USC should be a sweep. I see only 6 games I'm worried about on our SEC slate. @Vandy, @Kentucky, Auburn(both), @Arkansas, and @Tennessee. Georgia on the road could give us problems, but I still think we're 8-10 pts better than them. If we could find a way to go either 3-3 or 4-2 in those 6 we'd be sitting pretty with a chance at a top 4 seed in the Tourney

MCsMGs
12-17-2018, 05:17 PM

FWIW...ASU playing Vandy tonight on SECN.

biggun
12-17-2018, 09:24 PM
16th in coaches poll, 17th in AP, - up 1 spot in both from last week’s polls.

biggun
12-17-2018, 09:25 PM
FWIW...ASU playing Vandy tonight on SECN.

Vandy blew them out, without their best player who is out for the year.