PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts about tonight's win

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 01:11 AM
1. It takes a lot of people to put on a basketball game approximately 24 hours after two graduation ceremonies. Thank you to those people. I know a few of them.

2. The team looks very sound defensively. We give up a few more rebounds than I would like but we won that battle overall tonight so can't complain too much.

3. We rounded into form in the 2nd half and quit committing so many boneheaded turnovers. We will have to really improve in this area going into SEC play

4. We are a really dangerous team from outside. We have a lot of players that can hit the 3 if you give them an open look. If you catch us on a night where we are on, good luck.

5. Reggie Perry will be a damn good player before he leaves Mississippi State. Really impressed with him

6. We have nearly cemented our spot in the NCAA tournament barring any kind of meltdown. 8-10 SEC wins guarantees it in my mind.

7. Hail State

msstate7
12-16-2018, 08:06 AM
2. The 2nd half defense was howland level at his previous stops.

8. Ado still isn't playing at the level he was last season. I don't think he's fully healthy just yet. When he gets going, we're gonna be really good.

RougeDawg
12-16-2018, 08:45 AM
2. The 2nd half defense was howland level at his previous stops.

8. Ado still isn't playing at the level he was last season. I don't think he's fully healthy just yet. When he gets going, we're gonna be really good.

Healthy? You mean the arm and hand strength of a prepubescent child? That?s not a health issue. It?s a weak issue or lack of toughness. Whichever it is, he has not improved and needs to see more bench than court.

klong-dog
12-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Very disappointed in Ado so far. From not going up strong on the boards, to not going after loose balls, defending the post has even been weak. Doesn't attempt to alter the opp shot much. We gave up a lot of uncontested layups in the first half. Looked to solve the problem at the half.

TALL DAWG
12-16-2018, 09:00 AM
Very disappointed in Ado so far. From not going up strong on the boards, to not going after loose balls, defending the post has even been weak. Doesn't attempt to alter the opp shot much. We gave up a lot of uncontested layups in the first half. Looked to solve the problem at the half.

Correct on Ado. Got to get more BIG dawg out of him every play.

Our ?inside? defense still is a work in progress.

msstate7
12-16-2018, 09:19 AM
Healthy? You mean the arm and hand strength of a prepubescent child? That?s not a health issue. It?s a weak issue or lack of toughness. Whichever it is, he has not improved and needs to see more bench than court.

There was only 1 point in the game where we didn't hold our own vs Cincinnati. It was the 2-3 min stetch where we had perry and feazell on the court together. If you want ado benched, you want more feazell. Perry and Holman can't play 35 mins. Ado drew 2 of the biggest fouls in the game... 4th foul on 2 of their guys (brooks and Williams). We go no where this year without ado

Rawdawg
12-16-2018, 09:34 AM
He sprained his ankle pretty badly in the first half of the Arizona state game but toughed it out. He sat the next 2 games. He?s not 100%.

chef dixon
12-16-2018, 10:17 AM
Ado is what he is. He is not the unstoppable force many on here were proclaiming going into last season. But he is big and fills a void. He needs to make his free throws which he has done a decent job of.

klong-dog
12-16-2018, 12:29 PM
I'm not even concerned about the offense with Ado. I just want more hustle plays and use that length he has to be more of a factor, especially on the defensive end. If we're truly going to make a good run this year, we'll need to get more from him.