PDA

View Full Version : Some Ole Miss fans showed up to our game tonight

KOdawg1
12-16-2018, 12:16 AM
Imagine being so pathetic that you spend your own money to travel to your rival's arena to cheer against them and for Cincinnati (btw, Cincinnati beat Ole Miss 71-54 a few weeks ago). And then proceed to try to talk smack about football when you just got skull drug at your own house on Thanksgiving. This is the type of delusion and idiocy we're dealing with people. It's kind of sad if we're being honest.

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2018, 12:31 AM
I loved it when the band went up and surrounded them. That was priceless.

KOdawg1
12-16-2018, 12:36 AM

Our band is savage

Lord McBuckethead
12-16-2018, 01:09 AM
God dang they are wierd.

dawg1
12-16-2018, 01:53 AM

Should have played baby shark

robert
12-16-2018, 07:47 AM
Self flagellation.......these dudes must love getting their asses kicked. If they suck in baseball this year, the reb/bear/sharks will have a trifecta.

WSOPdawg
12-16-2018, 09:49 AM

Would love to see a video of this. That would be awesome.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Can you imagine cheering for a school that is good at nothing?

Baseball is the only sport in which they are decent but then again, that’s their rival’s best sport.

IMissJack
12-16-2018, 09:53 AM

I hadn't heard about this, what happened?

Mobile Bay
12-16-2018, 10:00 AM
I baseball I don't even think about them. LSU is our real rival there.

Also cardboard box is a shitty stadium.

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2018, 02:00 PM
I hadn't heard about this, what happened?

When the band did its thing where it scatters around the Hump to play, about half of them went up to the nearly empty upper student section where the little group of obnoxious Rebels were and surrounded them. They directed their instruments at them and played. The Rebs didn't know quite what to do. They stayed much quieter the rest of the way.

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 03:15 PM
They were high schoolers who had just played a basketball game of their own against Starkville academy. Chill

KOdawg1
12-16-2018, 03:18 PM
They were high schoolers who had just played a basketball game of their own against Starkville academy. Chill

Okay and?

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 04:18 PM
Okay and?

The thread makes it sound like OM fans went out of their way to come to our game when the truth appears that they came with their high school basketball team after playing a game in Starkville. You don’t see the difference?

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2018, 04:58 PM
The thread makes it sound like OM fans went out of their way to come to our game when the truth appears that they came with their high school basketball team after playing a game in Starkville. You don’t see the difference?

They were still acting like jerks. Why are you defending Rebels?

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 05:00 PM

You guys are dunking on high school kids. That’s all I’m saying. The thread makes it sound like these were grown people who paid their own money to do this. .

Drewbowski
12-16-2018, 05:48 PM
Some of you people here are nuts.

I did see an older guy walking in the concourse talking to an MSU clad guy after the game and saw a gray-haired Bearcat with his son(?).

stalkingpoon
12-16-2018, 06:23 PM
Found the closet Bear

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Found the closet Bear

Yeah I only have two degrees from Mississippi State and attended every home football game for the past 10 years. You got me pegged.

So basically you can 17 off if you are trying to refer to me

deadheaddawg
12-16-2018, 06:32 PM

The OP made the situation out to be much different than it really was. Saying that isnt defending ole miss and it doesn't mean you are a fan

And It doesn't make you look cool or make you look like a super fan to get hyperbolic about your rival. It actually does the opposite. It makes you look pathetic and obsessed

Even worse than that is using the same lame old "you must be a rebel fan" when someone actually wants to talk reasonably.

Some high school ole miss fans were ALREADY IN TOWN and came to the game to heckle. They were being jerks sure, but it's not like State doesn't have it's fair share of immature high school students.

Go ahead. Tell me I'm an ole miss fan because you are too lazy to actually come up with your own original insult

dawgoneyall
12-16-2018, 06:36 PM
Seriously, would rather see our game or their game?

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 06:44 PM
The OP made the situation out to be much different than it really was. Saying that isnt defending ole miss and it doesn't mean you are a fan

And It doesn't make you look cool or make you look like a super fan to get hyperbolic about your rival. It actually does the opposite. It makes you look pathetic and obsessed

Even worse than that is using the same lame old "you must be a rebel fan" when someone actually wants to talk reasonably.

Some high school ole miss fans were ALREADY IN TOWN and came to the game to heckle. They were being jerks sure, but it's not like State doesn't have it's fair share of immature high school students.

Go ahead. Tell me I'm an ole miss fan because you are too lazy to actually come up with your own original insult

Thanks

KOdawg1
12-16-2018, 07:07 PM
Okay guys, I had no idea they were high school kids. They were sitting in the student section, so it appeared they were a bunch of loser OM fans. How was I supposed to know they were high school kids? I certainly didn't intend to bash a bunch of stupid kids. You can pull your tampons out now. Jesus.

Regardless of how old they were, it was still funny that our band surrounded them to provide some heckling of their own.

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Okay guys, I had no idea they were high school kids. They were sitting in the student section, so it appeared they were a bunch of loser OM fans. How was I supposed to know they were high school kids? I certainly didn't intend to bash a bunch of stupid kids. You can pull your tampons out now. Jesus.

Regardless of how old they were, it was still funny that our band surrounded them to provide some heckling of their own.

Well I pointed this out to you and you got defensive instead of correcting your OP or posting what you just did.

No debate about our band. Absolute savages at basketball games and now I associate baby shark with shitbirds lol

KOdawg1
12-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Well I pointed this out to you and you got defensive instead of correcting your OP or posting what you just did.

No debate about our band. Absolute savages at basketball games and now I associate baby shark with shitbirds lol

LOL okay

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2018, 09:04 PM

Can you read? It doesn't appear so. I asked him why he was defending Rebels. I did not accuse him of being one. If you do what those kids were doing you should expect to take some flack. I think what the band did was great. They didn't assault them or anything. FYI, I went to multiple Ole Miss games with my HS team back in the day. I just watched the game and didn't heckle or act like a jerk in their building. They were being Ole Miss jerks. They were lucky the student section wasn't full.

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2018, 09:07 PM

Sp you welcome what they were doing?

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 09:08 PM
Sp you welcome what they were doing?

You can 17 off too. Bye

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2018, 09:09 PM
Yeah I only have two degrees from Mississippi State and attended every home football game for the past 10 years. You got me pegged.

Then act like it.

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 09:25 PM
Then act like it.

http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/59/56/16794f1285f65b0ad2b5d216688b747d.gif

DawgRockur
12-16-2018, 10:26 PM

What the 17 difference does this make? Still sad and pathetic

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 10:29 PM
What the 17 difference does this make? Still sad and pathetic

I will refer you to deadhead’s post and I am done with this thread.

Dawgology
12-16-2018, 10:42 PM
High schoolers or not they were rebel fans who paid to get into a State game to heckle State. That is ****ing pathetic.

Wait. No. You are right.

Ole Miss boosters probably paid for their tickets since they are high school athletes. They probably didn’t pay to get in.

RogerWilco
12-17-2018, 09:13 AM

The only problem is SA didn't have any basketball games Saturday. Friday, yes.

Dawgology
12-17-2018, 09:40 AM

Busted!! hahahahah Also...who cares that they had a game of their own? They still had to pay money to go into a State game to heckle their rival. I've been in Oxford several times while a sporting event was going on. Never once was I tempted to pay to attend their game and heckle them. I simply do not care about them enough to do that.

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 09:40 AM

So 91 was lying about that then? Interesting.

stalkingpoon
12-17-2018, 10:05 AM

That?s exactly what a Bear would say.

Gutter Cobreh
12-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Maybe they actually wanted to experience what it was like to witness a quality SEC basketball team play a good opponent, as opposed to that Horizon League level basketball Ole Miss plays at??? Can't fault them for that!

I'm honestly shocked this thread hasn't turned into the "if our season ticket holders and students would come to games, the lower bowl would be full and this wouldn't have happened"***

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 10:57 AM
Busted!! hahahahah Also...who cares that they had a game of their own? They still had to pay money to go into a State game to heckle their rival. I've been in Oxford several times while a sporting event was going on. Never once was I tempted to pay to attend their game and heckle them. I simply do not care about them enough to do that.

So 91 was lying about that then? Interesting.

I am so damn sorry that I got the school wrong..

https://twitter.com/DatDawg79/status/1074377882611445760

Dat Dawg

@DatDawg79
21h21 hours ago
More
It was actually Magnolia Heights Basketball team. The team went to the game after they played Heritage out of Columbus. Some of the players on the team are Ole Miss fans and some are MSU. They range from 8th - 11th grade so really not a big deal just teenagers being kids its ok.

And Liverpool can still 17 off

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 11:09 AM

confucius say
12-17-2018, 11:23 AM
Toxic I tell you. Sankey's plan must address this.**

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 11:26 AM

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 12:41 PM
They were still Ole Miss people acting like jerks. They were cheering every mistake we made and jeering during our free throws in our student section. Why are you OK with that 91? As I said above, I went to several Ole Miss games with my HS team. I never did that. For one thing our coaches would never have allowed it.

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 12:47 PM
They were still Ole Miss people acting like jerks. They were cheering every mistake we made and jeering during our free throws in our student section. Why are you OK with that 91? As I said above, I went to several Ole Miss games with my HS team. I never did that. For one thing our coaches would never have allowed it.

I am refusing to answer your question because you have set it up based on a false premise. You do that a lot btw.

KOdawg1
12-17-2018, 01:14 PM
Holy sheeeut, if I had known people would've have gotten their panties in this much of a wad, I wouldn't have started the thread. It's okay to say that the high school kids were acting like little punks because spoiler alert: they're gonna be little punks when they're older too.

Regardless of how old they are, they paid money and openly cheered against their rival when their rival wasn't playing them. That's sad regardless of how old you are. I'd be embarrassed if some fans of ours did that.

PMDawg
12-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Holy sheeeut, if I had known people would've have gotten their panties in this much of a wad, I wouldn't have started the thread. It's okay to say that the high school kids were acting like little punks because spoiler alert: they're gonna be little punks when they're older too.

Regardless of how old they are, they paid money and openly cheered against their rival when their rival wasn't playing them. That's sad regardless of how old you are. I'd be embarrassed if some fans of ours did that.

Best idea you've had.

KOdawg1
12-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Best idea you've had.

Lol the thread wasn't a problem, you oversensitive flakes are the problem. Get over it.

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 01:54 PM
I am refusing to answer your question because you have set it up based on a false premise. You do that a lot btw.

What false premise and why so defensive? I haven't accused you of anything. They were Ole Miss fans acting like jerks in the MSU student section. They were asking for trouble and didn't get any. They just got embarrassed by the band. I thought it was hilarious.

Bigedawg
12-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Regardless of age, if these kids were acting like jerks at a game not even involving their favorite team, then they deserved all of the grief they received. I would never allow one of my children to go to an OM game when they are not playing State and act like that. This type of behavior reflects poorly upon their parents and the coaches who were responsible for bringing them to the game. The sensitivity of several posters in this thread is bizarre. Coach, parent of one of the little terds, etc.? I'm glad they were called out and chastised by the FMB.

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 02:01 PM
What false premise and why so defensive? I haven't accused you of anything. They were Ole Miss fans acting like jerks in the MSU student section. They were asking for trouble and didn't get any. They just got embarrassed by the band. I thought it was hilarious.

You are either incredibly dumb or trolling.

You have been asking me why I'm defending what they did the entire time. I have done no such thing. All I did was clarify the OP because it was a little misleading. Clearly, some of you don't care either way, and that's fine. But don't start putting labels and accusations on me because you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

shannondawg
12-17-2018, 02:03 PM
Just because they were in town, they still went out of their way to heckle. Boy scouts, girl scouts or high school , it was a shitty thing to do.

So we need to like it or excuse cause they were in town?

I hope they got their ass kicked in their game, I know they did in ours.

Gutter Cobreh
12-17-2018, 02:06 PM

Just for clarity - if someone buys a ticket to an MSU sporting event, they are only supposed to cheer? I'm trying to understand where you're coming from in this debate, but the only thing you keep coming back to is that these were Ole Miss fans and thus it's a huge issue in your mind. Or was it because they were in the student section?

Regardless, being "jerks" is subjective, as cheering and jeering is what you're supposed to do at a game. These games are form of entertainment. They chose to (because they're teenagers) to have a little fun and root for the visiting team. Unless they were physically assaulting or being crude in front of a bunch of kids, why does it bother you so much?

StarkVegasSteve
12-17-2018, 02:18 PM
I've failed to see the big deal about all this. I was at the game and I went to Magnolia Heights. The kids never did anything wrong from what I saw. They were up in a corner by themselves so they weren't bothering anyone. They were brought to the game so they didn't really go out of their way to come. And if they had a good time at the game maybe they'd have changed their minds when deciding where to attend college. A lot of these kids are only fans of a school because that's where their parents went and so that's the only fan base they've been exposed to. If these kids would've been wearing Cincy gear it wouldn't even be an issue. Now saying all that, I thought what the band did was pretty funny and I thought both parties took it well. And also, WE WON so none of it mattered at the end of the day.

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 02:24 PM
I've failed to see the big deal about all this. I was at the game and I went to Magnolia Heights. The kids never did anything wrong from what I saw. They were up in a corner by themselves so they weren't bothering anyone. They were brought to the game so they didn't really go out of their way to come. And if they had a good time at the game maybe they'd have changed their minds when deciding where to attend college. A lot of these kids are only fans of a school because that's where their parents went and so that's the only fan base they've been exposed to. If these kids would've been wearing Cincy gear it wouldn't even be an issue. Now saying all that, I thought what the band did was pretty funny and I thought both parties took it well. And also, WE WON so none of it mattered at the end of the day.
How dare you defend them?!?!************

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 02:29 PM
You are either incredibly dumb or trolling.

You have been asking me why I'm defending what they did the entire time. I have done no such thing. All I did was clarify the OP because it was a little misleading. Clearly, some of you don't care either way, and that's fine. But don't start putting labels and accusations on me because you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

Dude, you were excusing/defending their actions and I didn't put any label on you. You seem to think so though. I wouldn't be making any statements about reading comprehension if I were you. AGAIN what's wrong with giving Ole Miss fans cheering against us in our student section at a pre conference game they weren't involved in a little grief? There was no harm done and it was absolutely hilarious. Once again, I've been in that exact situation when I was a teenager, I didn't act like that.

msudawglb
12-17-2018, 02:30 PM

Yeah, Liverpooldawg, you wouldn't do very well in a courtroom. You are taking 91's posts and adding in what you want to hear. Kind of like what my ex-wife does. 91 never said that he was "ok" with anything. He was simply stating that these were not Ole Miss students and that they didn't travel to MSU to cheer against them. He simply stated that these were HS kids that were already in Starkville for a game.

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Dude, you were excusing/defending their actions and I didn't put any label on you. You seem to think so though. I wouldn't be making any statements about reading comprehension if I were you. AGAIN what's wrong with giving Ole Miss fans cheering against us in our student section at a pre conference game they weren't involved in a little grief? There was no harm done and it was absolutely hilarious. Once again, I've been in that exact situation when I was a teenager, I didn't act like that.

Yeah, Liverpooldawg, you wouldn't do very well in a courtroom. You are taking 91's posts and adding in what you want to hear. Kind of like what my ex-wife does. 91 never said that he was "ok" with anything. He was simply stating that these were not Ole Miss students and that they didn't travel to MSU to cheer against them. He simply stated that these were HS kids that were already in Starkville for a game.

:cool:

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 02:37 PM
Just for clarity - if someone buys a ticket to an MSU sporting event, they are only supposed to cheer? I'm trying to understand where you're coming from in this debate, but the only thing you keep coming back to is that these were Ole Miss fans and thus it's a huge issue in your mind. Or was it because they were in the student section?

Regardless, being "jerks" is subjective, as cheering and jeering is what you're supposed to do at a game. These games are form of entertainment. They chose to (because they're teenagers) to have a little fun and root for the visiting team. Unless they were physically assaulting or being crude in front of a bunch of kids, why does it bother you so much?

Look, in case it escaped y'all's notice Ole Miss is our rival. If you are going to, as an Ole Miss fan, cheer against MSU at a game not involving UM you should expect a little grief. Nobody tried to assault them are start anything with them. What the band did was absolutely hilarious and did no harm to anyone. That's what I liked about the whole thing. I'm sure you y'all want the band reprimanded. Sheesh.

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 02:40 PM

And I said they were Ole Miss fans in the MSU student section cheering against MSU as Ole Miss fans. I don't know any other people who throw up land sharks. I have repeatedly asked 91 if he was ok with it. He has yet to answer, one way or another.

PS. I've never said one word about them specifically traveling to our game. I was there, it was quite obvious they were one of the numerous high school basketball teams in attendance. Funny thing, that part of that team was the only one doing what they were doing.

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 02:45 PM
And I said they were Ole Miss fans in the MSU student section cheering against MSU as Ole Miss fans. I don't know any other people who throw up land sharks. I have repeatedly asked 91 if he was ok with it. He has yet to answer, one way or another.

No, you have asked "why" I was defending it and "why" I was OK with it.. I know you don't understand this, but that sets up a false premise. That's why I haven't answered.

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 03:01 PM
No, you have asked "why" I was defending it and "why" I was OK with it.. I know you don't understand this, but that sets up a false premise. That's why I haven't answered.

Ok then, fair enough. NOW, Were you defending them? Are you ok with what they were doing? Are you ok with what the band did? Did you think it was funny? Would you allow you kids to do something similar at Ole Miss if we weren't involved in the game?

My answers to the same: obviously no; no; yes; yes; no

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 03:21 PM
Ok then, fair enough. NOW, Were you defending them? Are you ok with what they were doing? Are you ok with what the band did? Did you think it was funny? Would you allow you kids to do something similar at Ole Miss if we weren't involved in the game?

My answers to the same: obviously no; no; yes; yes; no

Are we really doing this? Fine
NO
NO
YES
YES
NO

Have a good rest of your day Liverpool (great game against Man. U yesterday)

deadheaddawg
12-17-2018, 04:51 PM
I am 100% convinced our fans are the worst in the country at understanding the definition of "defending".

Nobody defended ole miss in this thread. The tired lazy unintelligent comments like "you must be a rebel fan" anytime someone wants to point out that another person is exaggerating about ole Miss is tiresome.

And it really makes our whole fanbase look like idiots.

Intelligent rational people can point out what is true about our rivals. We don't have to go out of our way to make stuff seem worse than it is.

So in short, if you go around calling people on here closet ole miss fans, then you are an idiot and need to STFU because you make the whole university look bad

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 05:02 PM
I am 100% convinced our fans are the worst in the country at understanding the definition of "defending".

Nobody defended ole miss in this thread. The tired lazy unintelligent comments like "you must be a rebel fan" anytime someone wants to point out that another person is exaggerating about ole Miss is tiresome.

Intelligent rational people can point out what is true about our rivals. We don't have to go out of our way to make stuff seem worse than it is.

So in short, if you go around calling people on here closet ole miss fans, then you are an idiot and need to STFU because you make the whole university look bad
It’s pretty damn annoying. I’ve been called a troll before for wanting to discuss a call that benefitted our football team. I still have zero idea how that makes me a troll.

deadheaddawg
12-17-2018, 05:12 PM
It’s pretty damn annoying. I’ve been called a troll before for wanting to discuss a call that benefitted our football team. I still have zero idea how that makes me a troll.

The people that do it honestly have a little brother complex about it. They are so obsessed with ole miss they become paranoid and obsessed.

It's embarrassing to be honest. Gives legitimacy to the sterotype of us being the little brother

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 06:11 PM
Are we really doing this? Fine
NO
NO
YES
YES
NO

Have a good rest of your day Liverpool (great game against Man. U yesterday)

Good, now why were you arguing with me?

Yep, we sent them back to Manchester with a good hiding!

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 06:15 PM

Part of the fun about a RIVALRY is being irrational about it. If sports has to be rational then what in the heck is fun about that? Come on Mane!

deadheaddawg
12-17-2018, 06:29 PM
Part of the fun about a RIVALRY is being irrational about it. If sports has to be rational then what in the heck is fun about that? Come on Mane!

That's fine as long as you don't go around accusing OUR fans of being rebels just because they are not as irrational as you are.

I have no problem with being an irrational fan. I also have no problem with someone actually supply facts and calling someone out on being irrational.

Really the only thing that I take issue with is the "you must be a rebel" line of BS I see thrown around here too often.

I take issue with it because it's ignorant and lazy. It's played out and not original.

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 06:34 PM
That's fine as long as you don't go around accusing OUR fans of being rebels just because they are not as irrational as you are.

I have no problem with being an irrational fan. I also have no problem with someone actually supply facts and calling someone out on being irrational.

Really the only thing that I take issue with is the "you must be a rebel" line of BS I see thrown around here too often.

I take issue with it because it's ignorant and lazy. It's played out and not original.

I did not do that in this thread. You were assuming something that wasn't there. Interesting.

deadheaddawg
12-17-2018, 06:44 PM
I did not do that in this thread. You were assuming something that wasn't there. Interesting.

I never said you did. It was said in this thread by domeone and let's be clear, your "why are you defending them " comment is just as dumb. Probably actually dumber since he wasn't defending him. That was why I quoted you. What I meant to be directed at you was what I said about our fans not understanding what defending means. Because I don't think you do.

But I never said you did the other. Just a general observation of what goes on here.

Interesting that you assumed something that wasn't there.....but let me ask, Have you ever accussed anyone here of being a closet rebel or ole miss troll? Maybe that's why you interestingly and incorrectly assumed all my comments were only directed at you.

mstatefan91
12-17-2018, 08:30 PM
Good, now why were you arguing with me?

https://media.tenor.com/images/df55b78d08225166b99a2ccc9a507fcb/tenor.gif