PDA

View Full Version : A little info from the inside...

Coursesuper
12-15-2018, 12:23 PM
The commissioner told the AD's at State and UNM they better come up with a good plan for the egg because they aren't going to like his plan. Bjork has a plan I don't know what's in it but I was told it's ridiculous. Let's just say UNM isn't being very cooperative here. I know your all saying No Way.

During bowl selections A&M pushed really hard for the Outback pushing where they finished in the west but they had no answer when they were told , but State beat you by 20. So we got the Outback. A&M was trying to push us to Memphis. This is all you need to know about them.

Bowl and TV money will be at an all time high even with UGA missing the playoffs.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2018, 12:41 PM
I guess I don't understand what the commissioner's plan could be or what OM's could be?

DogsofAnarchy
12-15-2018, 12:43 PM
I say leave Ole Miss in the West and move us to the east. Move Missouri to the west where we can rotate and play OM every 8 years or so. Bad blood fixed.

BrunswickDawg
12-15-2018, 12:43 PM
I've been given an exclusive look at John Cohen's plan. It is marvelous.

Here it is

MSU's Plan to reduce conflict at the Egg Bowl:

1) University of Mississippi fans and players agree to quit being bitches when they lose.
2) Mississippi State University fans and athletes agree to stipulation #1

Coursesuper
12-15-2018, 12:52 PM
I guess I don't understand what the commissioner's plan could be or what OM's could be?

I don't know exactly what either are I just know that from what was said neither school would like the commissioner's plan and the one from Bjork is heavily weighted in UNM's way of seeing things. The only other thing I interpreted from the conversation is UNM and Bjork aren't being very cooperative with the process. I don't know if we have put together anything yet that information wasn't provided.

ckDOG
12-15-2018, 12:55 PM
What is an egg bowl plan?

Coursesuper
12-15-2018, 01:05 PM
What is an egg bowl plan?

In wake of the egg brawl the SEC commissioner has called a meeting with the AD's to come up with a plan to stop the bullshat around the egg bowl.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-15-2018, 01:10 PM
Here's what would work: Any player that gets an unsportsmanlike conduct has to sit the rest of the game. However that puts us at the mercy of SEC officials so I don't like it.

here' what might work: Refs tell both staffs ahead of time that they will throw a flag on ANY taunting, jawing, or celebrations. Both staffs would really push the team to shut up and maybe the fights can be nipped before they start.

But what else can you do? Play at a neutral site? I don't know how the SEC intends to calm down the gameday drama without using high level punishment and keeping players on a short leash.

Coursesuper
12-15-2018, 01:16 PM
I say leave Ole Miss in the West and move us to the east. Move Missouri to the west where we can rotate and play OM every 8 years or so. Bad blood fixed.

Don't laugh at this one, it could be that drastic, remember, the divisions are only in football now.

Todd4State
12-15-2018, 01:21 PM
I have a feeling that Bjork's plan is the same as the one McCready outlined right after the Egg Bowl. Probably involves not playing for a couple of years and/or moving the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a clause where any player involved in a lawsuit with the other school is ineligible for the Egg Bowl. Because they are all in about their probation being Leo Lewis's fault.

If I'm Cohen:

1. I would call Sankey's bluff and ask him what his plan is that neither MSU or Ole Miss would like. Because I have a feeling he really doesn't have one, and if he does it probably isn't that bad.

2. I would tell Sankey that part of the problem with the Egg Bowl issues the past two years has been his officials and how he plans to address that. In 2017 the officials let way too much go on and the game got out of hand with dirty play from Ole Miss. Had we stooped to their level in that game a brawl probably breaks out last year. I wonder why that didn't happen last year though if this is all MSU's fault Bjork?** Also the brawl broke out on a play that essentially only took place because his officials somehow missed that the clock said 0:00 for at least a good second before the ball was even snapped. Otherwise that brawl doesn't happen at all.

3. I would seriously tell Bjork to his face to grow a set and if they want payback to build a better team and beat us on the field- like WE did. And do it without cheating. And part of growing a set is not whining about getting caught cheating and wrongly blaming it all on your rival. If they don't like us planting our flag on the 50 then they don't need to do it to us the year before. Or at least take it like a man when they get beat and it happens right back in their face. And I would make note that I'm only telling him to get a set since Sankey isn't man enough to do it himself apparently.

4. I'd ask Sankey how he plans to address Ole Miss's dirty play and point out the times that they injured a QB or a player and won the game the past two years.

confucius say
12-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Sankey can eat a dick. If his dumbass refs do their job then none of this happens.

Oh, and I don't believe sankey is going to do sh-t other than see that both schools release some kind of joint statement saying tone it down. Yawn.

MedDawg
12-15-2018, 01:23 PM
The commissioner told the AD's at State and UNM they better come up with a good plan for the egg because they aren't going to like his plan. Bjork has a plan I don't know what's in it but I was told it's ridiculous. Let's just say UNM isn't being very cooperative here. I know your all saying No Way.

During bowl selections A&M pushed really hard for the Outback pushing where they finished in the west but they had no answer when they were told , but State beat you by 20. So we got the Outback. A&M was trying to push us to Memphis. This is all you need to know about them.

Bowl and TV money will be at an all time high even with UGA missing the playoffs.

Commissioner probably told OM to stop cheating.

17ing A&M. Ever since they entered the SEC and had some success with Manziel they have thought they are more important than they are. The whole concept of a conference is that money or size can't rule everything.

Todd4State
12-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Here's what would work: Any player that gets an unsportsmanlike conduct has to sit the rest of the game. However that puts us at the mercy of SEC officials so I don't like it.

here' what might work: Refs tell both staffs ahead of time that they will throw a flag on ANY taunting, jawing, or celebrations. Both staffs would really push the team to shut up and maybe the fights can be nipped before they start.

But what else can you do? Play at a neutral site? I don't know how the SEC intends to calm down the gameday drama without using high level punishment and keeping players on a short leash.

This is what should have been done. I can't see a neutral site being feasible as Jackson is the only neutral site that could handle the crowd other than Starkville and Oxford. And the last time we played in Jackson a brawl broke out. It probably would be worse because you would have MSU/Ole Miss fans intermingled in the stands. Not to mention the issues with playing in Jackson that are all too well known.

Todd4State
12-15-2018, 01:26 PM
Don't laugh at this one, it could be that drastic, remember, the divisions are only in football now.

As we all know there is no worse PR for Ole Miss football than MSU kicking their ass in the Egg Bowl. And now they don't have Dan around to win the recruiting title every year either- which makes it that much worse for them from a psyche standpoint. That's the main reason why they want to stop for a little while.

Todd4State
12-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Sankey can eat a dick. If his dumbass refs do their job then none of this happens.

Oh, and I don't believe sankey is going to do sh-t other than see that both schools release some kind of joint statement saying tone it down. Yawn.

You're probably right about the statement. But I would imagine that Bjork's is still going to blame us and Leo. If that happens Sankey needs to step up- which he won't.

Same old same old.

And I don't think anything will really ever tone it down. Honestly MSU blowing them out a few years in a row probably would be the best thing to tone it down honestly.

msbulldog
12-15-2018, 01:37 PM

Here it is

I like this plan! LOL

Lord McBuckethead
12-15-2018, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't even consider having any conversation until UM and the SEC allowed that piece of shit to remain in the gane after the second attempt to break our QBs leg. 1 time, sure wierd circumstance. 2nd time, 17er was on a mission.

Without that publically confirmed, I would say 17 off with all conversation.

Lord McBuckethead
12-15-2018, 01:47 PM
The SEC is the issue. Missed calls 17n up entire games, allowing players to be clearly targeted, and then allowing UM to clearly cheat. Calling hookers for 17-18 year olds, actoss state lines, allegedly. I mean shit. Um should be Jackson State level for like 10 years.

msbulldog
12-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Our plan should be:
Tell Sankey and Bjerk to ki$$ our collective a$$!

DCdawg
12-15-2018, 02:35 PM
Cohen should tell Sankey to get his officials to blow a whistle when the clock hits zero and problem solved. Then Cohen should turn to Bjork and tell him his 17ing big mouth needs to "stop popping off."

HereComesTheSpiral
12-15-2018, 02:51 PM
I'm sure this is how Cohen feels about Sankey making threats

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTrl5QjICdSx-mU0LtJa8rf3wJVXuGmE7FeXZLEWhlETALgBNmY

Coursesuper
12-15-2018, 03:36 PM
I'm sure this is how Cohen feels about Sankey making threats

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTrl5QjICdSx-mU0LtJa8rf3wJVXuGmE7FeXZLEWhlETALgBNmY

Sankey hasn?t made a threat, y?all need to get something strait, this shat makes both of us look like shit and in turn the SEC can?t just sit back.

Todd and those bitching about the officiating, y?all don?t understand officiating. There is absolutely now way to officiate intent. Yes the UNM players were trying to knock our players out of the game but that can?t be officiated. It?s s reflection of a bush league program and shitty people running that program it?s that simple.

As far as what we do? I say we stand our ground on how we conducted ourselves after the game last year and point the finger at UNM and their administration for how they behaved after the game this year and how poorly they conducted themselves. I feel certain whatever Bjork is putting forth will do nothing but strengthen our case.

As far as I’m concerned we are coming at this from s position of strength they have to defend thier actions, we just need to give the morons enough rope to hang themselves.

Todd4State
12-15-2018, 04:21 PM
Sankey hasn?t made a threat, y?all need to get something strait, this shat makes both of us look like shit and in turn the SEC can?t just sit back.

Todd and those bitching about the officiating, y?all don?t understand officiating. There is absolutely now way to officiate intent. Yes the UNM players were trying to knock our players out of the game but that can?t be officiated. It?s s reflection of a bush league program and shitty people running that program it?s that simple.

As far as what we do? I say we stand our ground on how we conducted ourselves after the game last year and point the finger at UNM and their administration for how they behaved after the game this year and how poorly they conducted themselves. I feel certain whatever Bjork is putting forth will do nothing but strengthen our case.

As far as I’m concerned we are coming at this from s position of strength they have to defend thier actions, we just need to give the morons enough rope to hang themselves.

I just find it rich that Sankey is bitching about the Egg Bowl behavior when it should have been obvious that our rivalry is intensified- and despite the fact that we didn't turn Ole Miss in the SEC has done NOTHING to refute this and defend our player. And then you have the officials again making errors that helped lead to where we are now. And I'm not even really talking about the Fitzgerald play last year. On top of that after last year where it was so bad that Ole Miss that even some Ole Miss fans were embarrassed he didn't expect it to be potentially intense again this year? I'm just saying that his lack of action as a commissioner is partially at fault here. And now he's going to threaten to be all hardass now only after incidents three years in a row and having a daughter who used to attend MSU meaning he should have some knowledge of the intensity of the rivalry? Is he stupid? Or is he just bad at his job? At any rate Sankey should take some ownership here instead of blaming the AD's of both schools.

Now I will talk about the Fitzgerald injury. Football is becoming more and more about player safety and when you have a player that is held up high by a tackler and then another tackler comes in at their feet and dives- that should be a personal foul. And I disagree about not being able to officiate "intent"- that's what unnecessary roughness is for. But that particular play is akin to a chop block but on the defensive side of things. You may not be able to officiate intent- but you can make it safer. I would imagine most targeting penalties aren't intentional either. But as I said before- the officials let Ole Miss get away with a lot of other stuff that wasn't called that they should have. And the missing the fact that the play clock had expired this was 100% on the officials. Not to mention kicking the wrong players out for both teams.

I do agree that we are in a position of strength here.

starkvegasdawg
12-15-2018, 04:36 PM

Here it is

They'd never live up to it.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Maybe Bdorks plan is to play the game in Atlanta.... since that is the only way they will ever play there.

Todd4State
12-15-2018, 04:59 PM
Maybe Bdorks plan is to play the game in Atlanta.... since that is the only way they will ever play there.

I figure he is probably going for Jackson and/or Memphis. Of course neither is realistic for obvious reasons. And wouldn't really solve anything anyway.

Pit Bull
12-15-2018, 05:16 PM
UNM needs to quit signing ex convicts at the QB position.

confucius say
12-15-2018, 05:32 PM
The game is not moving off campus.

And I think it's hilarious that so many OM people are talking about suspending the rivalry. GTFO with that. They Just Don't want to get their ass beat.

phatdog
12-15-2018, 05:45 PM
Cohen should request the meeting be held after bjorks replacement is named.

IMissJack
12-15-2018, 09:37 PM
It is amazing to me that the commish can't come up with a plan for the SEC officials, and has one in his back pocket for the egg bowl... Sounds like a good use of resources***

Our plan (I know impossible) should be that every MSU fan, writer, publication, coach, etc. just not mention OM or the Egg bowl at all next year, and have some corny canned answer when asked by reporters. Nothing is worse on the OM ego than being ignored.

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2018, 10:43 PM
If I was Cohen I wouldnt give a shit what Sankey had to say after that horseshit at Tuscaloosa this year, the SEC never said anything publicly about it. Then they wanna turn around and come down on the best rivalry in the league. (arguably) The hell with that.

Cohen should walk in there with a copy of the bama game in one hand and the egg in the other and tell them both to eat shit

BuckyIsAB****
12-15-2018, 10:46 PM
Quit trying to take the fun out of everything. We hate them, they hate us. Its what makes it great. Grow a set and dont act like its the end of the world when something happens because it always has and always will.

mstatefan91
12-15-2018, 11:25 PM
I just want to point out the elephant in the room.. THAT WAS A GLORIFIED SLAP FIGHT, not a brawl

Carry on

TimberBeast
12-15-2018, 11:36 PM
This is easy, tell Sankey to go 17 himself period, and that’s just over the officiating in the Kentucky and Bama games. Then tell ole miss to hire a real AD, and they can still go 17 themselves anyway. There’s nothing to talk about regarding anything.

Dawgology
12-15-2018, 11:41 PM
I’ve honestly never seen a university whine so much about losing a game. It’s almost unbelievable. At this point they really need to be out of the SEC. They are a ****ing embarrassment to our entire conference. Sad thing for them is I don’t think any other major conference would take Ole Miss. too much baggage and bullshit.

Dawgology
12-15-2018, 11:43 PM
This is easy, tell Sankey to go 17 himself period, and that’s just over the officiating in the Kentucky and Bama games. Then tell ole miss to hire a real AD, and they can still go 17 themselves anyway. There’s nothing to talk about regarding anything.

And to follow up on this thought...kick their ass next year when they come to State. In the game of course. I could care less about getting in slap fights. The fact that Ole Miss fans consider that a fight is laughable. I’ve seen worse at a toddlers birthday party.

KB21
12-16-2018, 12:42 AM
My solution:

1. Remove Ole Miss from the SEC.
2. Move Missouri to the SEC West.
3. Add Central Florida to the SEC East.

mstatefan91
12-16-2018, 01:02 AM
My solution:

Move OM to Conference USA

Todd4State
12-16-2018, 01:08 AM
My solution:

My solution:

1. Assess everyone an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty before the game starts. That was by far the smartest thing the officials did in the Egg Bowl this year. Do one thing- you're gone. That in and of itself would probably solve most of the problems. Notice how nothing happened in the fourth quarter until after the game had ended after that was assessed?

2. If a brawl breaks out- before, during, or after the game both schools are fined.

3. No athletic officials for either school are to have any contact physical or verbal or otherwise with players or coaches of the other team on the field for the 15 minute period after the game has ended. If there is an issue with players after the game- well, that's why you hired security. Get them to break it up. That's not the AD's job. Or the associate AD's job either.

4. Tell Bjork and Ole Miss to grow a set and actually be a man for once. No wonder their women try to marry us.

And the above should be in effect for the next four years. This really isn't that hard. Which means it's probably like calculus for Sankey.

Todd4State
12-16-2018, 01:09 AM
Move OM to Conference USA

If they try to leave that's probably where they will end up. If they are lucky and don't end up in the Sun Belt.

Todd4State
12-16-2018, 01:12 AM
And to follow up on this thought...kick their ass next year when they come to State. In the game of course. I could care less about getting in slap fights. The fact that Ole Miss fans consider that a fight is laughable. I’ve seen worse at a toddlers birthday party.

This is where I'm at too. I get much more satisfaction out of beating them 77-0 than I ever would get from Abrams bitch slapping AJ Brown. Although I will admit I do get a lot of satisfaction from Abrams bitch slapping AJ Brown.

TimberBeast
12-16-2018, 01:53 AM
My solution:

This probably doesn?t deserve a response but why move Central Florida anywhere? They are a media joke. Be smart. We would name our score and theirs if we played them. They are a top 40 team.

starkvegasdawg
12-16-2018, 02:33 AM
This probably doesn?t deserve a response but why move Central Florida anywhere? They are a media joke. Be smart. We would name our score and theirs if we played them. They are a top 40 team.

Why would that be a bad thing? It'd be two guaranteed sec wins every year along with Vandy.

parabrave
12-16-2018, 03:20 AM

So does that include when the asshats do that stupid landshark meme. If they allow that to continue to go on then we should be able to ring a bell in their face after a good play.

Todd4State
12-16-2018, 03:39 AM
So does that include when the asshats do that stupid landshark meme. If they allow that to continue to go on then we should be able to ring a bell in their face after a good play.

I'll say this about that:

If they allow Ole Miss to do the landshark without penalty (which I am fine with by the way) they should allow us to do the Dawg Pound Rock on the field where it really belongs with just the kickoff coverage team doing it.

BiscuitEater
12-16-2018, 09:05 AM
Here's what would work: Any player that gets an unsportsmanlike conduct has to sit the rest of the game. Refs tell both staffs ahead of time that they will throw a flag on ANY taunting, jawing, or celebrations.

Does that include throwing up a 'shark fin' in someone's face?

gravedigger
12-16-2018, 09:13 AM

I?m with you on that shotgun. The commissioner isn?t saying :

Come up with individual plans.

He?s saying get together and fix this. And in reality I?d love to see the commissioner fix this. Hell, send the game to Atlanta or Memphis or Birmingham two years. Oxford and Starkville merchants would tar and feather him.

As others have said , OM was saying the rivalry was toxic because of Leo. Not because of a game. Then the 2017 game happened and the sec office did NOTHING. Then the refs blew a call in the 2018 game that caused a fight. Now he wants it fixed.

Cohen should ask, what should we fix? Give the money back in a presentation at midfield ?

Ok ok, we planted a flag. Probably shouldn?t have. But that again is the byproduct of what wasn?t punished the year before.

The way this is stopped is scholarship limitations for a year. For every person reviewed in the fight, 2 scholarship losses for the next year. That in addition to ejection of that game and the rest of the season.

Too harsh you say? Bet you would see coaches throwing the fight starters off the team or benching them. Team mates would be more apt to break up fights. The paradigm would flip.

Unsportsmanlike conduct should have a penalty box like hockey.

But for the conference office to act like it had no part in this is a joke. If I?m Cohen, I state the steps I?m going to do first, then admonish the sec office for letting the spoiled brats escalate this in 2017 without acknowledging Bjork is in the room. He?s a dead man walking right now anyway.

This isn?t anything more than bad publicity for the conference. Everyone knows why OM is bitter. They are in NCAA jail and they suck. They have nothing to lose.

Fighting is a bad look.

The taunting and talking is what precipitated it.

Bodaski
12-16-2018, 10:04 AM
In wake of the egg brawl the SEC commissioner has called a meeting with the AD's to come up with a plan to stop the bullshat around the egg bowl.

I don't think there would have been the problem that occurred if the officials had blown dead the play 3 seconds after time had elapsed. But no, they let it go and all the action happened on a dead ball play. I totally blame the officials for letting it get so hyped from that play. That would help if Sankey would get the officials to do their job.

Coursesuper
12-16-2018, 10:47 AM
I don't think there would have been the problem that occurred if the officials had blown dead the play 3 seconds after time had elapsed. But no, they let it go and all the action happened on a dead ball play. I totally blame the officials for letting it get so hyped from that play. That would help if Sankey would get the officials to do their job.

I don't think anything would have been said if this was all about the on the field stuff, I think that has much more to do with the behavior of UNM athletic department employees post game. That is what's at issue here, they acted like a bunch of spoiled rotten shitheads. There is no place for that, act like adult if your part of the administration there are enough drunken dumbasses present in the stadium to go around. This kind is of crap is a direct reflection on their leadership which to anyone not clad in powder blue and red is an absolute embarrassment and I'm not just talking about the public face of the university but the ones that really call the shots that are out of the public eye.

1bigdawg
12-16-2018, 11:13 AM
The only realistic thing I can think of that Sanskey could do is to move the game to the middle of the season. That is within the SEC's power to do and would diminish the importance of the game.

LC Dawg
12-16-2018, 11:56 AM
Cohen should compare the events of the 2017 game and how it was handled by the host school and the events of the 2018 game and how it was handled by the host school and ask the commissioner where he thinks the problem lies.
Then look and Bjork and say "But by all means let's hear what this idiot has to say".

Dawgbite
12-16-2018, 11:58 AM
The officials not blowing the whistle may have facilitated the fight happening on that particular play but the fight was happening at some time anyway. That fuse was lit a year ago when Metcalf hiked his leg on Scott Field, it was inevitable. The SEC doesn't care about our little ole rivalry until it embarrasses them then they want to get all high and mighty. The SEC doesn't want either of us beyond being cannon fodder for the Bluebloods. In there eyes we should know our place, be quiet, and don't embarrass anybody.

Maroonthirteen
12-16-2018, 12:03 PM
I just want to point out the elephant in the room.. THAT WAS A GLORIFIED SLAP FIGHT, not a brawl

Carry on

For reels. 97 and 90 fight were much much worse.

Anyways, so much of the tension and animosity is from shenanigans (by old Mrs) off the field away from the egg bowl. Shanky needs to address that with Bjork.

parabrave
12-16-2018, 12:10 PM
For reels. 97 and 90 fight were much much worse.

Anyways, so much of the tension and animosity is from shenanigans (by old Mrs) off the field away from the egg bowl. Shanky needs to address that with Bjork.

I was there for the 90 fight and that fight carried over into the stands. I know a few drunk OM fans who started it in the section we were in got the crap beat out of them and then got thrown out of the stadium.

MaroonState
12-16-2018, 02:02 PM
Someone else posted the best idea before, let Cohen show up with Tom Mars by his side.

maroonmania
12-16-2018, 06:11 PM
I'll say this about that:

If they allow Ole Miss to do the landshark without penalty (which I am fine with by the way) they should allow us to do the Dawg Pound Rock on the field where it really belongs with just the kickoff coverage team doing it.

Well I'm not fine with it. Running around with a hand gesture fins up after a tackle is taunting any way you look at it. If they are allowed to do that then there are a lot of other gestures that should no longer be penalized. I mean you can't even dive in the end zone without a defender on top of you but running around with the landshark hand on the helmet is OK? That makes no sense.

West Tn Dawg
12-16-2018, 06:20 PM
Well I'm not fine with it. Running around with a hand gesture fins up after a tackle is taunting any way you look at it. If they are allowed to do that then there are a lot of other gestures that should no longer be penalized. I mean you can't even dive in the end zone without a defender on top of you but running around with the landshark hand on the helmet is OK? That makes no sense.

Agree 100%.

Political Hack
12-16-2018, 07:19 PM
This only happens when Ole Miss feels threatened. They respond with terrible tactics, breaking legs, dog pee posing on the field, bitching at the SEC, defying the NCAA, demonizing student athletes at other schools, and flat out lying through their teeth to everyone.

Why in the sam hell we got asked to go talk to the SEC commissioner along side that shit show is beyond me. Sankey needs to check himself before his entire membership turns on him.

DownwardDawg
12-16-2018, 08:11 PM
Nothing is going to happen. Nothing. There won’t be a fight next year.

Jack Lambert
12-16-2018, 10:22 PM
I don't think it is as of big deal as it is being made. I think it's the bears PR machine making it out to be more. Just to make themselves feel better about the ass whipping and the ass suckingness of their sports programs.

Apoplectic
12-16-2018, 11:50 PM
if cohen comes strong with ankle breaking videos and pissing TDs theres not much bdork can say

Todd4State
12-17-2018, 12:02 AM

I guess the landshark gesture doesn't bother me. Honestly, Ole Miss sticking the flag in the 50 last year didn't bother me either. However they enforce things it does need to be enforced consistently. I agree with that. Because like I said if you let the landshark thing slide you need to let the DPR be done on the field too.

I don't think it is as of big deal as it is being made. I think it's the bears PR machine making it out to be more. Just to make themselves feel better about the ass whipping and the ass suckingness of their sports programs.

This is inside info and not from the Bear PR machine. Like I've said before- they are bullies. You stand up to them they back down and run away. And that's exactly what Ole Miss is wanting to do right now. "Hey guys, this is too toxic. Let's take a couple of years off." "Metcalf acting like a dog was just good natured fun."

The SEC won't move the game or do anything though. I think they want us on Thanksgiving. Moving the game to a neutral site only hurts both schools- and Starkville and Oxford in particular. And LT sure as hell isn't going to want to redo the schedule.

if cohen comes strong with ankle breaking videos and pissing TDs theres not much bdork can say

It still blows my mind that Ole Miss thinks that was OK and then act so butthurt when we throw a fraction of it back in their face the next year. Bjork will justify it by saying that was because Leo and MSU tried to take Ole Miss down. Of course Sankey won't buy that being that he knows exactly what happened with their investigation. Not that it justifies anything in the first place.

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 09:47 AM
It's getting to be like a broken record, the rivalry is only toxic when we win. When they win whatever happens is all in good fun. A question though: are they REALLY talking about suspending the game for a couple of years? That's hard to believe. If it's true the only reason is they KNOW we are about to pound them for ever how many years they want to take off. Typical Ole Miss. it's why their glory years were so glorious. How many years did the dodge Alabama back then?

WSOPdawg
12-17-2018, 09:59 AM
It's getting to be like a broken record, the rivalry is only toxic when we win. When they win whatever happens is all in good fun. A question though: are they REALLY talking about suspending the game for a couple of years? That's hard to believe. If it's true the only reason is they KNOW we are about to pound them for ever how many years they want to take off. Typical Ole Miss. it's why their glory years were so glorious. How many years did the dodge Alabama back then?

IMO, that would be absurd as it would break the dynamic of a divisional format used to crown a conference champion. If anybody in the media is talking about the possibility of not playing, it's because the media is being a tool for UM and carrying their water, which allows "the bear17's to maintain their holier-than-thou reputation while continuing to be singled out and punished by the SEC office (I'm being sarcastic)."

After all, they were 100% innocent in their latest NCAA dust-up that's landed them on double-secret probation.

fishwater99
12-17-2018, 11:58 AM
The game is not moving off campus.

And I think it's hilarious that so many OM people are talking about suspending the rivalry. GTFO with that. They Just Don't want to get their ass beat.

^^^^This

Johnson85
12-17-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't think anything would have been said if this was all about the on the field stuff, I think that has much more to do with the behavior of UNM athletic department employees post game. That is what's at issue here, they acted like a bunch of spoiled rotten shitheads. There is no place for that, act like adult if your part of the administration there are enough drunken dumbasses present in the stadium to go around. This kind is of crap is a direct reflection on their leadership which to anyone not clad in powder blue and red is an absolute embarrassment and I'm not just talking about the public face of the university but the ones that really call the shots that are out of the public eye.

This is really the only thing that was out of line for a rivalry game. There really wasn't much to the fight. Having AD officials jawing after the game is what's more embarrassing (although nothing nearly so bad as A&M/LSU).

The solution is simple:

(1) Have a plan to keep players away from each other pregame.
(2) Notify them that any taunting pregame is going to be a personal foul and strictly enforced (don't think you want to "change the rules of the game" and make it an ejection).
(3) Anybody kicked out gets carried over into next year.
(4) Home team if they win can do whatever, provided they stay away from away team until they get off field. Away team if they win can celebrate on their sideline out to near hash, between 40's. Definitely no flag planting. Violation is a fine and suspension for players.

I think that's all that is needed for the game itself. As far as outside the game, the only thing out of line is UM spreading the identify of Leo Lewis. It's not his job to jeopardize his eligibility to protect teams that pay him; I'm not a fan of the NCAA taking testimony from other teams players, especially rivals, but that's an issue they need to take up with the NCAA. That's not lewis's decision.

Dawgology
12-17-2018, 01:13 PM
The games not going to be suspended. That’s not even a consideration. Though Ole Miss probably wishes all of their SEC games would get suspended

KOdawg1
12-17-2018, 01:19 PM
Ole Miss is lucky Ta'amu only left that game with a chipped nail and a hurt thumb. It would've been real easy for us to throw back the same crap they did to us last year with the diving at ankles and crap. Props to us for not stooping to their level. Cohen should just show videos of how they tried to dirty tackle us last year and compare it to us tackling them this year by pounding their ass into their own turf but without being dirty. Bjork wouldn't have shit to say.