PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Ramsey leaving CL

SailingDawg
12-14-2018, 10:46 AM
to become Editor-at-Large for Mississippi Today.

I used to enjoy the CL after big college football weekends. They had great spread in the 70s and 80s. Technology is taking over, however, and newspapers all over are struggling. Mississippi Today is trying something new, at least.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-14-2018, 11:04 AM

I used to enjoy the CL after big college football weekends. They had great spread in the 70s and 80s. Technology is taking over, however, and newspapers all over are struggling. Mississippi Today is trying something new, at least.

I agree that technology is having a huge effect. But so did newspapers that didn't get delivered, terrible customer service, writers with an agenda, and jackass rude employees. I love a newspaper with my breakfast. I quit because of the four things I mentioned.

Dawg2003
12-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Print newspapers are a dying industry. So is local news. Also, with social media, you don't need to read a newspaper to know what's going on.

Martianlander
12-14-2018, 11:26 AM

A little OT but maybe common knowledge, I only found out the other day that Marshall Ramsey and Dave Ramsey are cousins.

BiscuitEater
12-14-2018, 12:29 PM
Mississippi Today bills itself as 'non-partisan.' Guess we have to wait and see 'how' that works with sports. I have enjoyed reading Rick Cleveland but was wondering if they are going to add other sports columnists.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-14-2018, 03:44 PM
Mississippi Today bills itself as 'non-partisan.' Guess we have to wait and see 'how' that works with sports. I have enjoyed reading Rick Cleveland but was wondering if they are going to add other sports columnists.

Well that went out the window when Marshall walked through the door.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Well that went out the window when Marshall walked through the door.

I like Marshall. I think he is very talented and a genuinely nice guy. But I agree that he has no ability to be non-partisan.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-14-2018, 04:38 PM
I like Marshall. I think he is very talented and a genuinely nice guy. But I agree that he has no ability to be non-partisan.

Agreed

raymond21
12-14-2018, 04:44 PM

Marshall is as partisan as you can get. His liberal agenda will take down another paper

msbulldog
12-14-2018, 07:01 PM

Oh Marshall has the ability, he just chooses not to.