PDA

View Full Version : Positive impact for Simmons

NWADAWG
12-13-2018, 11:02 PM
There have been many discussions about how failure of past rebel receivers may have a negative impact on the draft placement of current reb receivers.

How much positive influence will the success of Fletcher Cox and Chris Jones have on Jeffery Simmons?

West Tn Dawg
12-14-2018, 12:40 PM
How much positive influence will the success of Fletcher Cox and Chris Jones have on Jeffery Simmons?

I think it definitely is going to help. Anybody with half a brain will notice what we are turning out over here!

somebodyshotmypaw
12-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Things that affect Simmons that are totally outside of his control:

1. MSU has garnered a reputation of hard working blue collar NFL players. Dak, KJ, McKinney, Fletcher Cox, Slay, Gabe Jackson, McPhee, Preston Smith, Chris Jones have all outperformed their draft position. And none are lazy or primadonnas.

2. Kareem Hunt and Reuben Foster situations aren't helping him.

3. It's a very deep defensive line draft.

RougeDawg
12-14-2018, 05:12 PM
Things that affect Simmons that are totally outside of his control:

1. MSU has garnered a reputation of hard working blue collar NFL players. Dak, KJ, McKinney, Fletcher Cox, Slay, Gabe Jackson, McPhee, Preston Smith, Chris Jones have all outperformed their draft position. And none are lazy or primadonnas.

2. Kareem Hunt and Reuben Foster situations aren't helping him.

3. It's a very deep defensive line draft.

In all honesty his situation is not like the two you mention. I?m not condoning it nor defending it but defending a family member is much different than beating a woman. In our great liberal PC world everyone rushes to condemn things that fit their narrative without actually digging in and sorting though the facts of a situation.

How many on here would have reacted similarly if their mother, sister, daughter, etc. was being attacked by another woman? Sure you can attempt to restrain and that may or may not work, but in the heat of the moment most people just react instinctively. How you react is sometimes wrong in the normal thought processes under no stressors.

This is similar to the police officer who reacts in a split second and Is then ripped apart by people who have never been in that situation. No one knows how the person felt or how they would react in a similar situation.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-14-2018, 05:26 PM
In all honesty his situation is not like the two you mention. I?m not condoning it nor defending it but defending a family member is much different than beating a woman. In our great liberal PC world everyone rushes to condemn things that fit their narrative without actually digging in and sorting though the facts of a situation.

How many on here would have reacted similarly if their mother, sister, daughter, etc. was being attacked by another woman? Sure you can attempt to restrain and that may or may not work, but in the heat of the moment most people just react instinctively. How you react is sometimes wrong in the normal thought processes under no stressors.

This is similar to the police officer who reacts in a split second and Is then ripped apart by people who have never been in that situation. No one knows how the person felt or how they would react in a similar situation.

I totally agree. But you and I aren't the ones doing the drafting. There will be several teams who agree 100% with you and will be willing to draft him. There will be a few who also agree with you 100%, but still back off because they are scared of a PR hit.

LC Dawg
12-14-2018, 06:22 PM
After the combine at least five teams that draft in the top 10 will alert their PR department to get ready because they don't plan on Simmons getting by them.