PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs game Plug

BorneDawg
12-13-2018, 09:09 PM
They just plugged State talking about Chris Jones and Fletcher Cox both being disruptive and both being from State!

monroedawg5646
12-13-2018, 09:14 PM
Was about to post the same! He said ?they?re both Bulldogs from Ms State.?

HoopsDawg
12-13-2018, 09:17 PM
If Chris can get a sack next week, that will be an NFL record 11 games in a row. D-line U.

Skydawg1
12-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Thank you for posting this. Wife was in my other ear during the talk. Didn't catch all of it. Congrats Chris on the record!

VandelayIndustries
12-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Chris Jones is in the backfield every pass play

MetEdDawg
12-13-2018, 09:24 PM
Gives him 13.5 sacks on the year. Tied for 2nd in the NFL with Von Miller

HoopsDawg
12-13-2018, 09:25 PM
Denico Autry is having a big year for the Colts too. And we all know about Fletcher Cox. Jeff Simmons is about to join them.

Cowbell
12-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Denico Autry is having a big year for the Colts too. And we all know about Fletcher Cox. Jeff Simmons is about to join them.

If I was Simmons agent, I would make sure there was incentive for those two guys to mention State and Simmons being the next great one at some point in a near future media encounter.

fccee1
12-13-2018, 09:42 PM
If I was Simmons agent, I would make sure there was incentive for those two guys to mention State and Simmons being the next great one at some point in a near future media encounter.

Huh

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2018, 09:46 PM
Our DL production in the NFL makes me baffled when in-state DL leave to play at our of state schools.

I mean, come on Byron Young. Don't get lost in the shuffle at Bama. Come to MSU & be a star

HoopsDawg
12-13-2018, 09:52 PM
Our DL production in the NFL makes me baffled when in-state DL leave to play at our of state schools.

I mean, come on Byron Young. Don't get lost in the shuffle at Bama. Come to MSU & be a star

Byron not giving us a serious look really hurts. Byron, Turnage, Raydar Jones, Mingo, Dean, possibly Hall; ouch that's a lot of talent.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2018, 09:54 PM
Byron not giving us a serious look really hurts. Byron, Turnage, Raydar Jones, Mingo, Dean, possibly Hall; ouch that's a lot of talent.

No doubt & it's incredible when you look at the players we are producing at the NFL level.

Simply amazing. I wish I knew what we had to do just to get these kids to realize reality. Nothing more. We don't have to sell. It should obvious but somehow they get lost in the process.

What OM supposedly is for WRs, we are infinitely better at with DL & LB yet somehow we struggle to sell that on the recruiting trail or get the same response.

For some reason, our DL recruits still want to take visits when they should be begging for the chance to learn under Baker & play on our DL. Somehow Byron Young, Dean, & Hall are leaning out of state when they play the positions that MSU puts in the NFL at a high rate.

It's just so frustrating that these kids can't see it. It's infuriating

Pit Bull
12-14-2018, 02:20 AM

Yep.....outta state schools raided Mississippi pretty well this year. Hope it doesn't continue, but afraid it will.

Pit Bull
12-14-2018, 02:22 AM
Who does Pernell McPhee play for? I used to know, but forgot. He was playing pretty dern well at the time. Not sure what he is doing this year.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 07:11 AM
Who does Pernell McPhee play for? I used to know, but forgot. He was playing pretty dern well at the time. Not sure what he is doing this year.
Redskins

GreenheadDawg
12-14-2018, 07:43 AM
Has Byron had no interest in us at all?

ILOATHEBears
12-14-2018, 07:50 AM
Has Byron had no interest in us at all?

Actually Tony Hughes has a connection with Young so stay tuned. He is listening

BorneDawg
12-14-2018, 08:27 AM
Wasn't McPhee with the Jags? Preston Smith is with the skins and doing pretty good ain't he?

WSOPdawg
12-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Wasn't McPhee with the Jags? Preston Smith is with the skins and doing pretty good ain't he?

And Denico Autry is with the Indianapolis Colts

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 09:21 AM
Yep.....outta state schools raided Mississippi pretty well this year. Hope it doesn't continue, but afraid it will.

It's shameful and ignorant imo

msstate7
12-14-2018, 09:28 AM
It's shameful and ignorant imo

I want em to stay home too, but not sure why it's shameful and ignorant. Looks like most the damage will be done by bama and Georgia. Those 2 schools produce tons of nfl players.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 09:30 AM
I want em to stay home too, but not sure why it's shameful and ignorant. Looks like most the damage will be done by bama and Georgia. Those 2 schools produce tons of nfl players.

Just keep justifying it.

It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed that all these kids think they are better than where I'm from.

The NFL is showing that MSU will get you there and prepare you.

These kids leaving is nothing but an insult to every Mississippian

msstate7
12-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Just keep justifying it.

It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed that all these kids think they are better than where I'm from.

Like shrader, dak, bear wilson, Fred Ross?

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 09:34 AM
Like shrader, dak, bear wilson, Fred Ross?

You know the difference here. Don't be dumb.

Schrader is the only one that wasn't a 2nd tier recruit or late offer guy.

Please don't play dumb. It only makes the issue worse

smootness
12-14-2018, 09:34 AM
Just keep justifying it.

Please.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 09:37 AM
You know the difference here. Don't be dumb.

Schrader is the only one that wasn't a 2nd tier recruit or late offer guy.

Please don't play dumb. It only makes the issue worse

You're an embarrassment for criticizing a kid for making a tough decision that you don't like.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 09:38 AM
Please.

As long as Mississippi people are fine with it it'll continue to happen.

Being nice people gets us nowhere when out of state schools are sabatoging our instate recruiting efforts.

Kingbarkus
12-14-2018, 09:38 AM
I hope in the very near future we can get all those guys (Fletcher, Simmons, Sweat, Jones, McPhee, Autry,etc) in a group picture together. Pipe dream but what a recruiting/marketing tool that would be.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 09:39 AM
I hope in the very near future we can get all those guys (Fletcher, Simmons, Sweat, Jones, McPhee, Autry,etc) in a group picture together. Pipe dream but what a recruiting/marketing tool that would be.

Our athletic dept needs to pimp the hell out of these guys.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 09:40 AM
You're an embarrassment for criticizing a kid for making a tough decision that you don't like.

Gtfo.

I want what's best for my stare and school.

What do you want?

Go cheer for another state's school loser. Goodness I wish garbage like you would leave our fanbase.

You hold us back because you don't get it in anyway

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 09:41 AM
Our athletic dept needs to pimp the hell out of these guys.

They are. The instate kids they are too good for MSU and you lick it up.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 09:42 AM
Gtfo.

What do you want?

Go cheer for another state's school loser. Goodness I wish garbage like you would leave our fanbase.

You hold us back because you don't get it anyway

I want what's best for state too; but when it comes to blasting kids my son's age for making their own future plans, count me out.

If all these kids flipped to OM today, would it be better for us and they not be "shameful and embarrassing"?

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 09:47 AM
I want what's best for state too; but when it comes to blasting kids my son's age for making their own future plans, count me out.

If all these kids flipped to OM today, would it be better for us and they not be "shameful and embarrassing"?

No. Your non competitive and I bet you get walked over time and time again in real life.

What's happening is an insult to our state. It's the middle finger to what we've built and, if you can't see that, then you are part of the problem.

This conference isn't for the faint of heart and the teams that win have the most competitive and cut throat fan bases.

Sorry, I completely disagree and it's obvious that you and the many other non competitive MSU fans that plague our fan base aren't all in.

smootness
12-14-2018, 09:48 AM
Gtfo.

What do you want?

You hold us back because you don't get it in anyway

You are insane. If you think it's helpful for our fanbase to trash every kid who decides to play somewhere else, you are absolutely insane.

You think every highly-recruited kid who leaves the state to play at a different school somewhere else is saying they're better than where they're from? Good grief, gain some perspective and a worldview that doesn't revolve around football 24/7.

smootness
12-14-2018, 09:49 AM
No. Your non competitive and I bet you get walked over time and time again in real life.

What's happening is an insult to our state. It's the middle finger to what we've built and, if you can't see that, then you are part of the problem.

This conference isn't for the faint of heart and the teams that win have the most competitive and cut throat fan bases.

Sorry, I completely disagree and it's obvious that you and the many other non competitive MSU fans that plague our fan base aren't all in.

We're not 'all in', lulz, get a hold of yourself.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 09:50 AM

What's happening is an insult to our state. It's the middle finger to what we've built and, if you can't see that, the you are part of the problem.

If we ever are gonna win anything of substance in this conference, we'll need OOS players. Blasting kids for going out of state is dumb bc we need kids from other states. Why aren't you blasting ani and shrader?

MetEdDawg
12-14-2018, 09:51 AM

I left the state of Alabama (where I grew up and currently live) to go to Mississippi State. Could have gone to South Alabama and done meteorology and stayed in state. Could have changed my major and gone to Auburn, Alabama, or UAB. But I didn't. I did what was best for me and went out of state to MSU.

You can be really passionate about your take, but that doesn't mean it's right. People go out of state all the time for a myriad of reasons. You can be passionate about your state, but to not be understanding that kids might see a better opportunity out of state is ridiculous.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Good grief, gain some perspective and a worldview that doesn't revolve around football 24/7.

It does for those that we compete against and we won't win more than what we currently do until it means more for us.

Call me insane if it makes you feel good but you know I'm right.

You guys bitch and complain about play calling, have horrific takes about how a coach fit better, and generally blame everyone but yourselves.

You guys just want the meal and have no interest in the groceries.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 09:53 AM
I left the state of Alabama (where I grew up and currently live) to go to Mississippi State. Could have gone to South Alabama and done meteorology and stayed in state. Could have changed my major and gone to Auburn, Alabama, or UAB. But I didn't. I did what was best for me and went out of state to MSU.

You can be really passionate about your take, but that doesn't mean it's right. People go out of state all the time for a myriad of reasons. You can be passionate about your state, but to not be understanding that kids might see a better opportunity out of state is ridiculous.

I'm sorry, were you a big time football player?

Again, I respect your kindness but that won't help us win big.

My perspective is from wanting to win big. I just laugh at how you guys complain about the coaches for the most ridiculous things but then play the "good guy" card in recruiting.

It's completely backwards and gets us nowhere.

WinningIsRelentless
12-14-2018, 09:59 AM
As long as Mississippi people are fine with it it'll continue to happen.

Being nice people gets us nowhere when out of state schools are sabatoging our instate recruiting efforts.

Then change the culture of MS. Its just part of the flight of MS. Can?t knock the kids for that.

MetEdDawg
12-14-2018, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry, were you a big time football player?

Again, I respect your kindness but that won't help us win big.

My perspective is from wanting to win big. I just laugh at how you guys complain about the coaches for the most ridiculous things but then play the "good guy" card in recruiting.

It's completely backwards and gets us nowhere.

Alabama and Auburn recruit out of state and win big. The best player in Alabama is committed to Georgia. It happens. Better opportunities, better relationships, family ties, etc. And I think the problem here is that you think it's different just because I wasn't a big time football player. As a teacher, I have had numerous students go to MSU because of my influence. Good, solid students that add to the whole of MSU. So while I may not put butts in seats, my decision to go to MSU from living in Alabama has put butts in classrooms across campus.

I was nice on my first post. Now I'll be a little more blunt. It's a bad take and you are making our program look bad. Denegrating kids is the kind of crap OM fans do. Kids go out of state and there isn't a thing you can do about it. Making a kid feel bad for leaving the state is a really terrible take and could make others leave because you are basically telling them they don't get to choose or have a choice. Wrong way to approach this generation of kids.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 10:04 AM
So the guys we pimp the most here and their home state...

Dak LA
Sweat GA
McPhee FL
Autry NC
Smith GA
Slay GA

Lord McBuckethead
12-14-2018, 10:04 AM
If we ever are gonna win anything of substance in this conference, we'll need OOS players. Blasting kids for going out of state is dumb bc we need kids from other states. Why aren't you blasting ani and shrader?

The difference shotgun is trying to make, is that those other states have 100 kids versus MS only having 15. Those kids could leave the state and still leave plenty of grade A talent for the instate schools. Texas has 30 times our population. So based on averages, they would have somehting like 450 kids equal to on average to our average 15 D1 prospects. Those states can afford to lose some, MS schools cannot.

We could win the SEC and the National Championship with just the talent in MS and a few from neighboring states. Shotgun, although brash, is making a great point here. Our players in this state should take pride in MSU and UM. Other than very specific instances, other programs should be 3rd place by default.

Lord McBuckethead
12-14-2018, 10:08 AM
And we could have pimped other guys like CJ Johnson, Singletary, and Kevin Norwood, but nope. CJ and Singletary ruined his career by going to UM. Norwood went out of state. Lashley went out of state and is still sitting on the bench behind better talent that is younger than him. Going out of state to Alabama and GA is a gigantic risk, cause next year they could get a player that would start ahead of you, or you will never get to overtake the upper classmen. At MSU, Lashley would already be starting.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 10:10 AM
And we could have pimped other guys like CJ Johnson, Singletary, and Kevin Norwood, but nope. CJ and Singletary ruined his career by going to UM. Norwood went out of state. Lashley went out of state and is still sitting on the bench behind better talent that is younger than him. Going out of state to Alabama and GA is a gigantic risk, cause next year they could get a player that would start ahead of you, or you will never get to overtake the upper classmen. At MSU, Lashley would already be starting.

Norwood is the nfl.

What if dak chose LSU? Would he be the cowboys QB right now? I'm not so sure... some kids fit in better at other programs

msstate7
12-14-2018, 10:12 AM
I just think a public shaming of kids is a bad idea. Blasting young seems like a dumb way to try and flip him.

Mack brown, "Hey Garrett, look at miss state calling kids leaving state shameful and embarrassing."

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 10:33 AM
So the guys we pimp the most here and their home state...

Dak LA
Sweat GA
McPhee FL
Autry NC
Smith GA
Slay GA

All JUCOs but Dak who was a late offer guy.

Do you really think Dak chooses MSU over LSU if he has an early offer from LSU?

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 10:34 AM
The difference shotgun is trying to make, is that those other states have 100 kids versus MS only having 15. Those kids could leave the state and still leave plenty of grade A talent for the instate schools. Texas has 30 times our population. So based on averages, they would have somehting like 450 kids equal to on average to our average 15 D1 prospects. Those states can afford to lose some, MS schools cannot.

We could win the SEC and the National Championship with just the talent in MS and a few from neighboring states. Shotgun, although brash, is making a great point here. Our players in this state should take pride in MSU and UM. Other than very specific instances, other programs should be 3rd place by default.

Thank you. You get it.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 10:37 AM
I just think a public shaming of kids is a bad idea. Blasting young seems like a dumb way to try and flip him.

Mack brown, "Hey Garrett, look at miss state calling kids leaving state shameful and embarrassing."

I disagree. These kids need to know how their decisions are perceived.

Secondly, the biggest issue is that those around the players didn't show more respect and build up the instate schools earlier in these kids lives.

The truth is there was enough instate talent in the class to put together national title contender and the instate kids had no interest in doing that for their state. That's an issue that needs to be addressed IMO.

Again, it appears your goal is to be a good guy rather than win. Making instate kids understand that their decision is not good for their state is not a sin. There is nothing sinful about that.

In order to win big, instate kids must stay home.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 10:45 AM
Like it or not, bama is appealing to miss kids. Every year these kids were in HS, bama has been in the playoffs with 2 natties. Those same 4 years, Bama has had 36 players drafted with 18 of those in the first 2 rounds. In the same period, we've had 13 with 3 of those in the first 2 rounds. I realize the chicken-egg deal, but I can see the kids seeing bama as the safest path to get to the nfl

StateDawg44
12-14-2018, 11:11 AM
Thank you. You get it.

Gun we get what you are saying. It's really not as enlightening as you think. But just saying it doesn't make a 17. You act like certain fans are to blame but realistically you don't know what it takes to fix it either. Then accuse other fans of blaming play calling, etc. being the problem? Little hypocritical don't you think?

Until we prove ourselves they will go for greener pastures.

And don't tell me the grass is always greener on the other side. Yes, the grass is greener at the likes of Bama and UGA... you know, playing for championships and all. I have a high standard but I'm not so thick I can't see how it would be fun to be a part of a team that consistently packs their bags for the post season. You realize talent often develops from being surrounded by...wouldn't you know, more talent? If you want to point to Lashley at Bama as an example, maybe he doesn't have the drive or persistence to compete with the legit players. Doubtful he would make it in the NFL even if he was playing for us if that is the case.

Seasons like MSU's this year are a prime example of why they don't stay in state. See 2014 season also. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Same ole season as ever. Until we actually take the next step (consistently) and change the kids perspective of what we actually do have (no fans here are doubting what we are capable of), they will continue to look at the stars and dream and see themselves there. I guess be upset with the teams we have fielded and choked with rather than the players who aren't even ours yet. Our pedigree isn't as lustrous no matter how many ways you try to say it is. Unfortunately, and I hate it just as much as you, those teams listed can always one up MSU with something else. Putting players in the NFL just doesn't cut it. Until you can finish an entire season and not have one game where you think "typical Mississippi State" at the end. I doubt that perspective will change.

Hell yeah, putting DL's and LB's in the league helps but we don't even sniff what Bama and UGA or LSU or AU even accomplishes there. So what, we've put some legit players in since 2014? Ha...ok. That should just be expected honestly. That's a good start but not even a drop in the bucket. Also, almost every one of those guys were beasts from the get go and would likely be in the exact same situation they are in now if they had gone to a blue blood.

Quit acting like you have some solution or it's easy to convince some 18 y.o. kid with big dreams (I didn't say always realistic dreams) to make the decision that you want him or her to make. Even if that is what is truly best for them. It's just not the way free will works.

MetEdDawg
12-14-2018, 11:12 AM

Why? I still don't think anyone has said why they should inherently have more pride? You are basically saying to these kids "You don't have a choice. You should like us better just because". Do you not see how that turns kids off?

Mississippi isn't some special exception guys. It shouldn't operate by rules the other 49 states don't. Oh well it's Hawai'i, so we can't afford to lose these kids because we don't produce as many, so they should stay. Oh it's Wyoming and we are trying to build something here and we could win the Mountain West every year if every good Wyoming kid stayed. Kids leave, they make their own choices. That's what makes this life unique. I can get the sentiment, but in reality it's not very practical to brow beat kids for leaving the state.

Percho
12-14-2018, 11:53 AM

delete

parabrave
12-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Well getting back to the game. Dang I turned it off or rather to another channel after that 3rd down play with 4 minutes to go. When the Chiefs player got called for holding I told a guy at the gym that the Bolts would come back to win.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Jeez, and all their talent is out of bama and jawga.

Alabama's draft picks the last 4 years come from the following states: AL, AR, CO, FL, GA, LA, MS, MY, NC, NJ, OH, PA, TX, and VA

msstate7
12-14-2018, 12:17 PM
After careful thought, I've reconsidered... we should even take the public shaming up a notch. Anyone going to Mardi Gras in NOLA should be publically shamed when the miss gulf coast also has parades. Anyone going to Vegas should be publically shamed when Mississippi has casinos. Anyone going to gatlinburg should be publically shamed when we have Woodall mountain in tishomingo county.

No, I'm not serious haha

StateDawg44
12-14-2018, 12:55 PM
Alabama's draft picks the last 4 years come from the following states: AL, AR, CO, FL, GA, LA, MS, MY, NC, NJ, OH, PA, TX, and VA

Wait what is MY?

msstate7
12-14-2018, 01:02 PM
Wait what is MY?

Haha... see this is why you should go out of state... Maryland (MD)

smootness
12-14-2018, 01:44 PM
How do you get kids to stay in-state? Better coaches.

Coaching has way more to do with it than anything we can do as fans.

Please explain how us getting upset will force these kids to stay in-state?

StateDawg44
12-14-2018, 01:50 PM

He can't. Just wants to pretend like his opinion on the matter is final and factual. And everyone else is wrong.

DawgFromOxford
12-14-2018, 02:37 PM
Just keep justifying it.

Oh here we go again. Based on your opinions I'm going to assume you have never lived anywhere but Mississippi and only have a degree(s) from Mississippi State. So I would like to know, have you ever lived outside of MS or have degrees from any other university? Do you have kids that live outside of MS or have non MSU degrees? Because if you have lived anywhere or have a degree from anywhere else or even have kids that took a different path, then I don't want to read another message from you berating kids for choosing somewhere other than here.

I've lived in this state my whole life. I have a MSU degree that I am proud, but guess what? I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY 18 YEAR OLD KIDS WANT TO LEAVE THIS PLACE. Do I wish they would stay in the state? Absolutely. Do I wish they would play for MSU? You bet I do. The fact is, this state doesn't offer much to kids growing up when compared to other places, so when you are 18, it's a lot easier to look at greener pastures than to realize just how wonderful this place can be. So yes, please berate a kid for wanting something more than another 4 years in Mississippi. Please berate a kid for wanting to go to a new place where he can start over. A place where he isn't surrounded by people he went to high school with. Please berate a kid for choosing a college town that has more to offer than Starkville. Please berate a kid for choosing a school that he thinks is his best route to the NFL. Please berate a kid for choosing a school where he aligns with the coach's vision. I wish they would all stay and play here, but you can't win them all. Promoting Mississippi State is possible without berating kids for their decisions. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the more you berate kids for leaving, the less likely you are to recruit kids to MSU in the future. The fact that you won't acknowledge why kids would want to go somewhere else is astounding.

Since you are clearly so much more passionate than the rest of us weak minded fans, I want to know what your solution is to fix this problem of recruited athletes leaving the state. Is it new coaches? Better facilities? Aim hostility at an 18 year old? Put pressure on his family? Pay him more than the next school? I think everyone on this board would love to be enlightened by your answer.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 02:55 PM
Based on your opinions I'm going to assume you have never lived anywhere but Mississippi WRONG and only have a degree(s) from Mississippi State WRONG. So I would like to know, have you ever lived outside of MS or have degrees from any other university? YES Do you have kids that live outside of MS or have non MSU degrees? YES Because if you have lived anywhere or have a degree from anywhere else or even have kids that took a different path, then I don't want to read another message from you berating kids for choosing somewhere other than here.

To your surprise, I'm actually the complete opposite of what you'd expect.

I've actually lived all over the country & have degrees from multiple universities.

All that had let me to actually realize how great our university is & how the pastures really aren't greener on the other side of fence. It's the belief that is & me having the knowledge of experience that it really isn't that frustrates me.

I think the solution to fixing MSU's instate recruiting problem is for kids to respect & grow up wanting to be bulldogs & to have people around them that frequently talk well of the place & the football culture we've built.

The solution is future recruits growing up with posters of Dak, Chris Jones, Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay, etc on their wall & wanting to take the same path as them.

The narrative that Mississippi people feeling that others pastures are greener needs to die. In so many ways beyond football, the state cannot move forward until that happens.

DawgFromOxford
12-14-2018, 03:19 PM
To your surprise, I'm actually the complete opposite of what you'd expect.

I've actually lived all over the country & have degrees from multiple universities.

All that had let me to actually realize how great our university is & how the pastures really aren't greener on the other side of fence. It's the belief that is & me having the knowledge of experience that it really isn't that frustrates me.

I think the solution to fixing MSU's instate recruiting problem is for kids to respect & grow up wanting to be bulldogs & to have people around them that frequently talk well of the place & the football culture we've built.

The solution is future recruits growing up with posters of Dak, Chris Jones, Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay, etc on their wall & wanting to take the same path as them.

The narrative that Mississippi people feeling that others pastures are greener needs to die. In so many ways beyond football, the state cannot move forward until that happens.

Exactly. You had to go experience other things in order for you to appreciate MS. Why can't you understand that other kids must do the same? It's one thing for someone to tell you how great a place this is, but if you have nothing to compare it to for yourself then how will you ever really know?

I agree with you that kids should want to grow up being bulldogs, and that happens because people talk highly of the football culture we've built or because kids have posters of Dak and Chris Jones. Both of those are long term plays though. In 10 years you would expect that kind of stuff to pay off more when kids grow up with it their whole life. Until 2015ish, there hasn't been much of that for us to hang our hat on when it comes to NFL success. Yes there have been players here or there, but never so many performing highly and at the same time. Never a MSU player leading America's Team. The kids making college choices this year and years past haven't had that their whole life, so they've grown up watching what other schools produce consistently. I believe MSU is starting to challenge that perception by consistently putting players in the NFL, but once again that takes time to build that reputation.

The greener pastures narrative isn't going to go away until the state produces its own green pastures. If you like a cheap cost of living, a slower lifestyle, and a more hospitable lifestyle, then sure Mississippi is great. That's not exactly what younger generations as a whole are looking for though.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Exactly. .

Exactly?

Did I completely mis-read what you wrote earlier when you thought I was someone completely opposite of who I am or are you just changing your narrative to fit your agenda?

Sheesh people, we are MSU fans right? Right?

We want Mississippi kids to stay in Mississippi right? Right?

We are willing to do what it morally takes for that to happen right? right?

What am I missing here?

I completely understand why kids are leaving Mississippi. I get it & understand it more than you'll ever know. It makes me sick to stomach though & I don't accept it & believe that WE as an MSU fan base & alumni, need to do everything ethically possible to make sure these kids stop leaving the state.

I'm not here to recruit for Bama, UGA, LSU or anyone else. I'm hear to promote MSU & to sell MSU as being the best place in the planet to develop as a college football player.

I'm just not sure what your agenda is when you sell other schools & other states. I don't get it or the reason why you choose to share that on an MSU message board.

Some of you are just walk-overs. Good gracious

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-14-2018, 03:52 PM

Coaching will keep them in state?

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Dwight-Schrute-LOL.gif

Percho
12-14-2018, 04:14 PM
Gun we get what you are saying. It's really not as enlightening as you think. But just saying it doesn't make a 17. You act like certain fans are to blame but realistically you don't know what it takes to fix it either. Then accuse other fans of blaming play calling, etc. being the problem? Little hypocritical don't you think?

Until we prove ourselves they will go for greener pastures.

And don't tell me the grass is always greener on the other side. Yes, the grass is greener at the likes of Bama and UGA... you know, playing for championships and all. I have a high standard but I'm not so thick I can't see how it would be fun to be a part of a team that consistently packs their bags for the post season. You realize talent often develops from being surrounded by...wouldn't you know, more talent? If you want to point to Lashley at Bama as an example, maybe he doesn't have the drive or persistence to compete with the legit players. Doubtful he would make it in the NFL even if he was playing for us if that is the case.

Seasons like MSU's this year are a prime example of why they don't stay in state. See 2014 season also. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Same ole season as ever. Until we actually take the next step (consistently) and change the kids perspective of what we actually do have (no fans here are doubting what we are capable of), they will continue to look at the stars and dream and see themselves there. I guess be upset with the teams we have fielded and choked with rather than the players who aren't even ours yet. Our pedigree isn't as lustrous no matter how many ways you try to say it is. Unfortunately, and I hate it just as much as you, those teams listed can always one up MSU with something else. Putting players in the NFL just doesn't cut it. Until you can finish an entire season and not have one game where you think "typical Mississippi State" at the end. I doubt that perspective will change.

Hell yeah, putting DL's and LB's in the league helps but we don't even sniff what Bama and UGA or LSU or AU even accomplishes there. So what, we've put some legit players in since 2014? Ha...ok. That should just be expected honestly. That's a good start but not even a drop in the bucket. Also, almost every one of those guys were beasts from the get go and would likely be in the exact same situation they are in now if they had gone to a blue blood.

Quit acting like you have some solution or it's easy to convince some 18 y.o. kid with big dreams (I didn't say always realistic dreams) to make the decision that you want him or her to make. Even if that is what is truly best for them. It's just not the way free will works.

Methinks what gun is saying is we need our state 4 and 5 star guys to stay with us in order to have a better chance of proving ourselves. So we can sniff pitting as many in the NFL as the bama's and ga's.

WE need the Young's and the Dean's and the Turnage's and the best we can get from other states.

And even with that we would still need; If the ball is on the ground, the whistle isn't blown early and for it to be looked at in review and idiots not to see ghost blocks in the back ad ghost PI.

Life is tough.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 04:17 PM
If turnage, young, hall, and handy all flip to OM tomorrow would it be better for us? Would they still be traitors?

msstate7
12-14-2018, 04:20 PM
Our basketball (men and women) and baseball teams are full of kids that left their home states. Our football program may benefit greatly from this public shaming movement, but they would suffer.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-14-2018, 04:21 PM
If turnage, young, hall, and handy all flip to OM tomorrow would it be better for us? Would they still be traitors?

No, they would be dumbassses.

msstate7
12-14-2018, 04:23 PM
No, they would be dumbassses.
Well we've gotta be careful with our leaving the state shaming campaign bc we aren't the only Sec team in state

DawgFromOxford
12-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Exactly?

Did I completely mis-read what you wrote earlier when you thought I was someone completely opposite of who I am or are you just changing your narrative to fit your agenda?

Sheesh people, we are MSU fans right? Right?

We want Mississippi kids to stay in Mississippi right? Right?

We are willing to do what it morally takes for that to happen right? right?

What am I missing here?

I completely understand why kids are leaving Mississippi. I get it & understand it more than you'll ever know. It makes me sick to stomach though & I don't accept it & believe that WE as an MSU fan base & alumni, need to do everything ethically possible to make sure these kids stop leaving the state.

I'm not here to recruit for Bama, UGA, LSU or anyone else. I'm hear to promote MSU & to sell MSU as being the best place in the planet to develop as a college football player.

I'm just not sure what your agenda is when you sell other schools & other states. I don't get it or the reason why you choose to share that on an MSU message board.

Some of you are just walk-overs. Good gracious

Ok, "exactly" may have been poor word choice, but if you read the whole comment it made sense. No one is changing their narrative.

I think we all want whats best for MSU. My agenda is not to push other other schools or states, but I'm also going to be honest on where we are at and what we are up against.

If you want to be mad at someone, then be mad at the leaders of the state for not offering more exciting opportunities for younger generations. Be mad at past Starkville governments for holding Starkville back from what it could've been as a college town. Be mad at previous MSU athletic departments for not facilitating a history of success when it comes to football.

Am I happy kids are leaving the state? Not at all. Is it frustrating? 100%. But what I'm not about to do is shame a kid or his family for not choosing to stay here if they think they have better opportunities elsewhere. That's on us as a state and as a college for not convincing them that their best opportunity is here.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Well we've gotta be careful with our leaving the state shaming campaign bc we aren't the only Sec team in state

Sorry, I don't buy one person on a message board with a bad explanation having a determining factor on where kids go to school.

Seems if they're flashy, they're going out of state or to ole miss. While we may have the results and develop players, we're still seen by prospects as somewhat dull and we have a more strict culture. That appeals to some, but not others.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Ok, "exactly" may have been poor word choice, but if you read the whole comment it made sense. No one is changing their narrative.

I think we all want whats best for MSU. My agenda is not to push other other schools or states, but I'm also going to be honest on where we are at and what we are up against.

If you want to be mad at someone, then be mad at the leaders of the state for not offering more exciting opportunities for younger generations. Be mad at past Starkville governments for holding Starkville back from what it could've been as a college town. Be mad at previous MSU athletic departments for not facilitating a history of success when it comes to football.

Am I happy kids are leaving the state? Not at all. Is it frustrating? 100%. But what I'm not about to do is shame a kid or his family for not choosing to stay here if they think they have better opportunities elsewhere. That's on us as a state and as a college for not convincing them that their best opportunity is here.

Half of the SEC schools built their programs on the back of ours. Whether it was playing bama in Alabama 10 straight years or not playing an on campus home game until the 1980's, we and the SEC shot ourselves/us in the foot and got behind the curve.

smootness
12-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Coaching will keep them in state?

Coaches who recruit well, yes.

chef dixon
12-14-2018, 04:55 PM
We have a good chunk of the instate talent already. It?s not realistic to expect to get every single one, especially with another in state SEC school.

And just because we ?stomp our feet and will not stand for it!!!!!!!? as some are suggesting is not going to change an 18 year olds mind.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 04:58 PM

Agree. We've talked a lot about how crappy Mississippi's politicians have been in the past. Many things in our state are named after these people while they were nothing but a detriment

But I don't believe they have better opportunities elsewhere. This entire thread was started because MSU producing many of the best players in the NFL. That would mean that MSU is super green grass & then you throw in the idea of what a championship team could do for the state of Mississippi & it just becomes extremely frustrating that these kids feel the need to leave the state. I Believe they are getting advice & are falling for reasons that should be irrelevant.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 05:01 PM
Half of the SEC schools built their programs on the back of ours. Whether it was playing bama in Alabama 10 straight years or not playing an on campus home game until the 1980's, we and the SEC shot ourselves/us in the foot and got behind the curve.

Agree completely.

Playing AT Bama 10 years in a row
Playing AT LSU for about 35 out of 40 years in a row
Playing Ole Miss in Jackson

MSU has never had a chance since 1990 & now we are producing NFL at an exceptional level. It's just so frustrating that there are still pockets of our state that don't get it. They don't get how they are hurting their home state by leaving. They don't get what a difference they could make if they stayed.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 05:05 PM
We have a good chunk of the instate talent already. It?s not realistic to expect to get every single one, especially with another in state SEC school.

And just because we ?stomp our feet and will not stand for it!!!!!!!? as some are suggesting is not going to change an 18 year olds mind.

This is not good. The Charles Cross commitment was huge

https://i.imgur.com/yH6nMgL.jpg

msstate7
12-14-2018, 05:19 PM
7 of the top 20 players in the country are leaving their home state. Georgia is losing 4 5-stars (maybe more) to OOS schools. Alabama and auburn lost the top rated player in Alabama

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 05:22 PM
7 of the top 20 players in the country are leaving their home state. Georgia is losing 4 5-stars (maybe more) to OOS schools. Alabama and auburn lost the top rated player in Alabama

Well they're sure making up for it by taking Mississippi kids

msstate7
12-14-2018, 05:24 PM
Last year, 12 of the top 20 players in the country left their home state

msstate7
12-14-2018, 05:25 PM
Delete

msstate7
12-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Only 4 teams in the sec (ark, Florida, mizzou, and aTm) have a starting QB from their home state

Percho
12-14-2018, 06:57 PM

I do not think any are traitors. I just say we MSU need them and they can get to where they want to eventually arrive through MSU as well as somewhere out of state or OM.

Please come to MSU.

TUSK
12-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Well they're sure making up for it by taking Mississippi kids

Alabama gets very few recruits from Mississippi... Maybe ave ~1/yr, maybe...

Y'all prolly get 3x that from Bammer...

DawgFromOxford
12-14-2018, 07:33 PM
But I don't believe they have better opportunities elsewhere. This entire thread was started because MSU producing many of the best players in the NFL. That would mean that MSU is super green grass & then you throw in the idea of what a championship team could do for the state of Mississippi & it just becomes extremely frustrating that these kids feel the need to leave the state. I Believe they are getting advice & are falling for reasons that should be irrelevant.

I would agree, and it's on the people of the state (myself included) and the college to sell that to up and coming generations.
Earlier comments made me think you couldn't understand why kids were leaving and that you wanted to aim hostility at them for doing so. I now see that is not your view, so I think we are finally on the same page. It was a pleasure doing business with you my good sir.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Alabama gets very few recruits from Mississippi... Maybe ave ~1/yr, maybe...

Y'all prolly get 3x that from Bammer...

Well this year you're on pace to potentially get 3 of the top 10, which would be unprecedented in the past decade +

All that while our program is producing more NFL players than we ever have

TUSK
12-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Well this year you're on pace to potentially get 3 of the top 10, which would be unprecedented in the past decade +

All that while our program is producing more NFL players than we ever have

Yeah, this year and 2016 are kinda anomalous... I looked it up to be certain:

Year - UA - MSU
2019 - 2 - 3
2018 - 0 - 2
2017 - 0 - 0
2016 - 3 - 3
2015 - 1 - 7
2014 - 0 - 4
2013 - 0 - 5
2012 - 0 - 2
2011 - 2 - 0
2010 - 0 - 3
Ave/Yr - 0.8 - 2.9
Total - 8 - 29

RougeDawg
12-15-2018, 09:06 AM
Wait what is MY?

Must be one of those 7 states Obama said he visited on the campaign trail when he said he had visited 57 states with one more to go, Maybe Alaska.

RougeDawg
12-15-2018, 09:25 AM

Georgia can lose that many and still have a slew of top talented players to sign.

Guns point is, due to population discrepancies in Mississippi, we have to find a way to keep the top guys in state. We also have to deal with multiple other SEC institutions either in our state or a short drive away. All of these factors do not bode well for us.

Per the usual Smootness is offended by saying these kids are ignorant and attempts to bring emotion into what should be a logical discussion.

Logically they are making stupid choices. What opportunity gives you the best chance to shine and make the nfl? A school who will probably sign 3 more players of your caliber minimum, while you are still on campus. This drastically reducing the odds of getting the PT to develop and prove yourself to the scouts at the next level. Or a program where you have a greater chance of being THE GUY, and 2-4 years to get significant PT and develop?

Let?s look at another example. You are changing jobs In the same field. Company A offers a higher salary, but has 15-20 other people your age all vying for the next huge promotion. Company B offered a lower startin salary has a bunch of older guys and is looking for some young blood to continue the business. Do you choose to be paid now with no guarantee for tomorrow or play the long game with greater opportunity?

Nobody is bashing or shaming these kids. That?s just an insecure learned thought response when someone says something you disagree with.

Most 18 year olds are pretty much the definition of ignorant. Someone has to get through to these kids and bring a little Logic and reality to them. $100-200k now and a reduced risk of the NFL, is much less than a greater chance of NFL.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2018, 09:38 AM
Georgia can lose that many and still have a slew of top talented players to sign.

Guns point is, due to population discrepancies in Mississippi, we have to find a way to keep the top guys in state. We also have to deal with multiple other SEC institutions either in our state or a short drive away. All of these factors do not bode well for us.

Per the usual Smootness is offended by saying these kids are ignorant and attempts to bring emotion into what should be a logical discussion.

Logically they are making stupid choices. What opportunity gives you the best chance to shine and make the nfl? A school who will probably sign 3 more players of your caliber minimum, while you are still on campus. This drastically reducing the odds of getting the PT to develop and prove yourself to the scouts at the next level. Or a program where you have a greater chance of being THE GUY, and 2-4 years to get significant PT and develop?

Let?s look at another example. You are changing jobs In the same field. Company A offers a higher salary, but has 15-20 other people your age all vying for the next huge promotion. Company B offered a lower startin salary has a bunch of older guys and is looking for some young blood to continue the business. Do you choose to be paid now with no guarantee for tomorrow or play the long game with greater opportunity?

Nobody is bashing or shaming these kids. That?s just an insecure learned thought response when someone says something you disagree with.

Most 18 year olds are pretty much the definition of ignorant. Someone has to get through to these kids and bring a little Logic and reality to them. $100-200k now and a reduced risk of the NFL, is much less than a greater chance of NFL.

Damn this is good. Nice job

msstate7
12-15-2018, 09:46 AM

"It's shameful and ignorant imo" - shotgun page 1

Not every kid is scared of competition. You really wanna sell, "hey, there's less competition here, super recruit"? In other words, you may not be good enough for bama, but you are for here... essentially, we admit we aren't as good. What if the company B in your interview told you you really aren't good enough for company A? Would that sway you?

You really think their chance of getting to the nfl is better here than bama? Wow... maybe, MAYBE, it's the same, but no way in hell its better. Last year, bama had a DT drafted (Joshua Frazier) that played 4 years and had 28 total tackles with 2 sacks his whole career. When is the last time we had scrubs get drafted?

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2018, 10:03 AM
"It's shameful and ignorant imo" - shotgun page 1

Not every kid is scared of competition. You really wanna sell, "hey, there's less competition here, super recruit"? In other words, you may not be good enough for bama, but you are for here... essentially, we admit we aren't as good.

You really think their chance of getting to the nfl is better here than bama? Wow... maybe, MAYBE, it's the same, but no way in hell its better. Last year, bama had a DT drafted (Joshua Frazier) that played 4 years and had 28 total tackles with 2 sacks his whole career. When is the last time we had scrubs get drafted?

Joshua Frazier was a 96 rated HS player that went in the 7th round. That about like Willie Gay or Jamal Peters. Do they go in the 7th round.

I'd venture to say he cost himself a ton of money at Bama, as he likely would've went much higher by playing every down at MSU.

Yes Bama has more guys drafted but they also have more wasted talent than anyone else. Does Frazier, who is from Springdale, AR, go higher in the draft if he stays home and is the star on Arkansas DL? No way to know, but my guess is absolutely

Your issue is that you don't know how drafts work and you leave out critical information so that it fits your narrative as if you're trying to trick people.

msstate7
12-15-2018, 10:08 AM
Joshua Frazier was a 96 rated HS player that went in the 7th round.

I'd venture to say he cost himself a ton of money at Bama, as he likely would've went much higher by playing every down at MSU.

Your issue is that you don't know how drafts work and you leave out critical information so that it fits your narrative as if you're trying to trick people.

And you act like everyone that's highly rated will be nfl super star here. Leo Lewis was the 64th rated player in the country. What round he going in this year?

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2018, 10:19 AM
And you act like everyone that's highly rated will be nfl super star here. Leo Lewis was the 64th rated player in the country. What round he going in this year?

Leo isn't a SR.

A 96 rated player going in the 7th round is a terrible example of how Bama helps you

msstate7
12-15-2018, 10:23 AM
Leo isn't a SR.

A 96 rated player going in the 7th round is a terrible example of how Bama helps you

Yeah, those ratings are right every time. That's why when the draft is coming up, nfl GMs just pull up 247 3-4 years ago. Draft always matches composite ratings, always**

BTW, Andrew Brown was the #1 HS DT that year. He went in 5th round

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Yeah, those ratings are right every time. That's why when the draft is coming up, nfl GMs just pull up 247 3-4 years ago. Draft always matches composite ratings, always**

BTW, Andrew Brown was the #1 HS DT that year. He went in 5th round

Don't blame me for you having a terrible example.

In the end, I just don't trust your posts because they are seemingly always against MSU's best interest.

You don't get it or are willfully ignorant. It's that simple.

msstate7
12-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Don't blame me for you having a terrible example.

In the end, I just don't trust your posts because they are seemingly always against MSU's best interest.

You don't get it or are willfully ignorant. It's that simple.

MSU's interests aren't blasting HS kids. My own kid went to a school I don't like. Did I disown him? No, bc kids should have the right to their own path. You blasting kids over a college decision makes you much more "ignorant" than them

And this is what you do every time... start calling people ignorant bc you started this stupid sheet wanting us to go after kids. Next week it'll be back to socialist football demanding we get the same type of players as bama bc it just ain't fair.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2018, 10:52 AM
MSU's interests aren't blasting HS kids.

You weren't arguing against that though. Your argument was pro Bama. Perhaps shaming families for it isn't right, but that debate comes after we've resolved that these kids have the same or better opportunity to reach their ceilings as players at MSU as they do Bama.

You disagreed with that, not the shaming part. You can't even get your debates straight.

msstate7
12-15-2018, 10:56 AM
You weren't arguing against that though. Your argument was pro Bama. Perhaps shaming families for it isn't right, but that debate comes after we've resolved that these kids have the same or better opportunity to reach their ceilings as players at MSU as they do Bama.

You disagreed with that, not the shaming part. You can't even get your debates straight.

No, I said Maybe the chances are the same, but I disagreed wholeheartedly with rouge that the chances are better at state. Top of the page

I didn't disagree with the shaming part? Ha... go back to page 2

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2018, 10:59 AM
No, I said Maybe the chances are the same, but I disagreed wholeheartedly with rouge that the chances are better at state. Top of the page

I didn't disagree with the shaming part? Ha... go back to page 2

So you think MSU recruits better by supporting and being OK with kids leaving the state?

msstate7
12-15-2018, 11:00 AM
So you think MSU recruits better by supporting and being OK with kids leaving the state?

No, but it certainly doesn't help calling them ignorant and wanting to go after them.

msstate7
12-15-2018, 11:04 AM
And to be honest, I think he have a real problem with kids leaving the state. This year has been bad, but part of that is breaking in a new staff here and om stinking. When we were both good, not many at all left