PDA

View Full Version : FOX Meteorologist Dies by Suicide

SaintDawg
12-13-2018, 04:16 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/us/fox-2-detroit-meteorologist-jessica-starr-dies-at-35 (https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.foxnews.com/us/fox-2-detroit-meteorologist-jessica-starr-dies-at-35.amp?usqp=mq331AQHCAFYAYABAQ%3D%3D&amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fus%2Ffox-2-detroit-meteorologist-jessica-starr-dies-at-35)

She was a State Graduate too. Sad to hear that.

Tbonewannabe
12-13-2018, 05:26 PM
There was another woman about a month ago left her radio show and committed suicide. You can never tell what demons people are battling.

gtowndawg
12-13-2018, 05:54 PM
I saw that today. Upset over eye surgery but there has to be more. Something else going on. That doesn't add up. Sad situation.

Political Hack
12-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Any details as to why? There's never a good justification but I'm always curious. Looked to be a bright, beautiful woman with an amazing professional career.

RocketDawg
12-13-2018, 06:31 PM
It seems that a lot, maybe most, of the television meteorologists have graduated from MSU.

Do they actually step foot on campus and study there, or is it a "distance learning" thing? I would think broadcast meteorologists would need face-to-face training and experiences on campus.

DCdawg
12-13-2018, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure about the in-person versus online curriculum, but the University claims that at any given moment you turn on the TV, 1 in 3 meteorologists is an MSU grad. That's pretty incredible.

BeardoMSU
12-13-2018, 07:07 PM
It seems that a lot, maybe most, of the television meteorologists have graduated from MSU.

State's Geoscience Dept. has a great distance learning program, for both meteorology and geo-education. We're top notch, for sure.

Dawg61
12-13-2018, 07:12 PM

Do they actually step foot on campus and study there, or is it a "distance learning" thing? I would think broadcast meteorologists would need face-to-face training and experiences on campus.

I knew a couple meteorologists while at MSU that had come from all over the country to be in the program on-campus not online.

TrapGame
12-13-2018, 08:11 PM
Tomorrow is 9 years since my brother in law committed suicide. There's this hole in my being that will never heal. It's always there. I feel for her family. That was the absolute worst time of my life.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-13-2018, 08:27 PM
I saw that today. Upset over eye surgery but there has to be more. Something else going on. That doesn't add up. Sad situation.

You must be watching too many Lifetime movies.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-13-2018, 11:18 PM

You need to shut the F up smart ass...

tireddawg
12-13-2018, 11:39 PM

What? Wow.

Tbonewannabe
12-14-2018, 07:54 AM

It makes you wonder if there was some medication that she was taking.

Hambone
12-14-2018, 08:39 AM
Not cool, not cool at all. That was a dick move

Jack Lambert
12-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Any details as to why? There's never a good justification but I'm always curious. Looked to be a bright, beautiful woman with an amazing professional career.

It could have been a cocktail of medication that the doctors did not realize would effect her. You never know.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-14-2018, 09:55 AM
You need to shut the F up smart ass...

You want to make me??? Please try

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-14-2018, 09:56 AM
What? Wow.

What's wrong with that? Why does it always have to be more to it than what is reported? That is the kind of crap mindset you get from watching those movies...

Mobile Bay
12-14-2018, 10:00 AM
I knew a couple meteorologists while at MSU that had come from all over the country to be in the program on-campus not online.

I was told that our program was one of the first to be Broadcast Meteorology and not just plane meteorology. So people came from all over to learn how to tell the weather on tv.

Duckdog
12-14-2018, 10:19 AM
I was told that our program was one of the first to be Broadcast Meteorology and not just plane meteorology. So people came from all over to learn how to tell the weather on tv.

It was the first in broadcast meteorology (I graduated in 02)

gtowndawg
12-14-2018, 10:43 AM
It could have been a cocktail of medication that the doctors did not realize would effect her. You never know.

Yep, I agree. As for the Lifetime movie comment - that's just stupid.

mparkerfd20
12-14-2018, 11:33 AM
I don't think what he said is out of line. Anyone with common sense would think there is more to the story. It's just none of my business to worry about it. It's a sad tragedy regardless.

gtowndawg
12-14-2018, 12:36 PM
Updated article. It mentions State.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/14/jessica-starr-fox-2-detroit-meteorologist-hanged-herself-officials/