PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Football Has a Massive Culture Problem

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2018, 03:29 PM
I don't believe Chad Morris will survive at Arkansas unless Arkansas fans are willing to put up with 5 years of terrible football

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/1073312362457956359

Jack Lambert
12-13-2018, 03:34 PM
I don't think Mullen will survive five years. They want SEC Championship and Play off. Mullen will not get them there. GA will be his Bama. Kirby will be his Saban.

Cowbell
12-13-2018, 03:59 PM
I don't think Mullen will survive five years. They want SEC Championship and Play off. Mullen will not get them there. GA will be his Bama. Kirby will be his Saban.

Jack, I?ve read enough of your posts to know you are better than this. Not a Mullen thread so let?s please stay on topic and quit talking about our ex hot blonde that really looked pretty scary without make-up anyway.

PCHSDawg
12-13-2018, 04:03 PM

:confused:

Pollodawg
12-13-2018, 04:04 PM
I don't believe Chad Morris will survive at Arkansas unless Arkansas fans are willing to put up with 5 years of terrible football

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/1073312362457956359

Petrino?s midnight ride wrecked more than his motorcycle. They?ll never be the same again.

Bass Chaser
12-13-2018, 04:17 PM
How does one guy getting busted for dealing equal a massive cultural problem for the football program?

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-13-2018, 04:19 PM
Morris seems like a good dude who wants things run cleaner than most coaches, but I'm not sure he's tough enough to handle this mess. It's not just a lack of talent and development problem, they seem completely rotten from the inside out. flirting with our dance team instead of caring about the game, multiple arrests, not caring if they win or lose, and now being literal drug dealers. Seems just about every Bielema guy will have to be run off before he can get a decent culture installed. I don't think the locker room as a whole has actually bought in either.

I'm not sure Morris would have taken the job if he knew just how bad the culture was. This is a 2-4 year job just to get the locker room to be at square 1

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2018, 04:36 PM
How does one guy getting busted for dealing equal a massive cultural problem for the football program?

I'm not sure they've been the same since Nutt sold his soul for the "Springdale Five". Seems like they have been in a constant state of turmoil ever since.

msstate7
12-13-2018, 04:38 PM
I'm not sure they've been the same since Nutt sold his soul for the "Springdale Five". Seems like they have been in a constant state of turmoil ever since.

Petrino was 10-3 (6-2) and 11-2 (6-2) his last 2 seasons there

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Petrino was 10-3 (6-2) and 11-2 (6-2) his last 2 seasons there

And everyone knew Petrino was a ticking timebomb based on his history (the Auburn drama, quiting on the Falcons, etc).
I'm not saying they haven't had good teams. But, you can't foment the type of drama that has gone on there the last decade plus and build a strong program.

Bdawg
12-13-2018, 04:56 PM
They will be battling OM for worst in the west for the next couple of years anyway. Will be fun to what the battle for 7th.

TrapGame
12-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Arkansas may be considered the Kentucky of the West and ole miss the Vandy for the next few years.

TUSK
12-13-2018, 05:06 PM

#GenHotTake

gravedigger
12-13-2018, 06:00 PM

Message board culture. Any transfer, flip, or arrest is a clear indication a coach has lost his team.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2018, 06:03 PM

Kind an accumulation of things.

Morris suspending players for flirting with our Pom squad, an absolutely horrific football team that appeared to quit, and now a contributor on the team selling drugs and carrying around an AR15.

They better hope he ain't selling to the team.

starkvegasdawg
12-13-2018, 06:51 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-lb-dee-walker-arrested-for-drug-possession-found-with-loaded-ar-15/?fbclid=IwAR2rmlIQf1Fg6LINzh10SiTIh5OuU15AD8k5a5J3 wNOYPpXsTxhP8nTPQq4

Remember when they thought them flirting with our Pom squad was bad?

BeardoMSU
12-13-2018, 06:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rRPU_cvGg

BeardoMSU
12-13-2018, 06:57 PM
Yo, bro**

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?71820-Arkansas-Football-Has-a-Massive-Culture-Problem

Dawg61
12-13-2018, 07:38 PM
Grouping in flirting with hot cheerleaders as a sign there's a culture problem is dumb. Every swinging dick in college flirts with cheerleaders in uniform or not.

Goldendawg
12-13-2018, 09:01 PM
One of my best friends is a Arky grad (lives in NC now) and had made the team as a walk-on years ago b4 tearing up a knee. He says that he pulls for State now and has no hope for the Arky program. Personally, I think the death of the old SWC started their eventual demise. I also get wanting Mo. for the TV mrkt, but I personally think they are in no way a good fit for the SEC, with little in common with SEC schools on or off the field.

Goldendawg
12-13-2018, 09:09 PM
Update: New DC at Ole Miss has posted bail and assigned a team of alumni lawyers to defend against these trumped up charges. LB is on the way to Oxford after stopping in Memphis to pick up some of his other "things" which will be needed for nightlife on the Square. Will be ready for Spring practice in the new look UNM defense.****

RougeDawg
12-13-2018, 09:38 PM
When did it become illegal to carry on ones person a loaded magazine? Or have it in a vehicle?

RougeDawg
12-13-2018, 09:56 PM
A&M and Mizzou joining the conference was there demise. Ark used to be the only team in that general region that could sell playing in the SEC. add in the fact that Arkansas high school football cannot adequately field a competitive SEC team. They have to go into bordering states to compete. A&M and Mizzou bit into their recruiting region. Just look at their program since the SEC expanded.

BB30
12-13-2018, 10:08 PM

This^

I assure you he isn’t the only football player selling at a major D1 school.

Kentucky also had a guy busted before the season dealing.
I would be willing to bet most P5 teams have a player on their roster that has sold drugs before.

I mean just the number of college students athlete or not that sell drugs is staggering.

It’s really a crap shoot and just keeping your fingers crossed that once your guys get in school they get serious about football/any sport and have less free time to make extracurricular mistakes. And that goes for all sports not just football. Pain pills were a big thing in baseball when I was coming through. Unfortunately it’s part of it when you put a bunch of college aged kids together they will do stupid things.

BeardoMSU
12-13-2018, 10:09 PM
A&M and Mizzou joining the conference was there demise. Ark used to be the only team in that general region that could sell playing in the SEC. add in the fact that Arkansas high school football cannot adequately field a competitive SEC team. They have to go into bordering states to compete. A&M and Mizzou bit into their recruiting region. Just look at their program since the SEC expanded.

Everything you said is true. It would've been interesting to see if things would've devolved as fast had Petrino not slammed his dick in the car door...I imagine he had a few more years in him, but who knows...it could've been as spectacular a meltdown as we just witnessed in Louisville.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2018, 10:13 PM

I understood the story to be Nutt wanted the Springdale 5 but he didn?t want their baggage, parents and Malzahn. When ultimatums was placed on Nutt by the parents he began to back away. That?s when the big boosters and eventually the university admin stepped In and told Nutt to take Malzahn and whatever else they wanted.

That was the beginning of the end for Nutt and Arkansas football. ....and when Derrick McFadden walked out the door.

ckDOG
12-13-2018, 10:19 PM
Becomes a problem when drugs are also involved.

Recreationalgynecologist
12-14-2018, 05:11 AM
Arkansas’s problem is Arkansas itself. The university, fan base and culture isn’t conductive to attracting and keeping top flight coaches. The last staff had way too much interference from boosters and university officials to be successful.

thf24
12-14-2018, 09:24 AM
Arkansas is in a similar situation to Tennessee; not much talent in its backyard with recruiting advantages further away it used to have continually shrinking. The job is getting harder, but the expectations are holding steady. It's a recipe for turmoil and mediocrity as long as its fanbase resists waking up to reality.

NWADAWG
12-14-2018, 09:41 AM
I'm sure there are numerous D1 players that sell. It is the AR with the loaded clip that steps this one up a notch. Still probably not the only one but it is a much smaller group that carries that around with them.

But, maybe he was just confused. Maybe he thought moving to AR meant he had to carry an AR.

drunkernhelldawg
12-14-2018, 11:09 AM

or any felony

WPS
12-14-2018, 01:25 PM

I can agree with A&M, but not Missouri. Missouri is ranked about 35 spots behind Arkansas in recruiting right now and Arkansas doesn’t even recruit there too terribly often.

There is a massive culture problem but not sure this qualities. Same thing happened to Alabama last off-season. Next year is going to be terrible but Morris is recruiting better than any Arkansas coach ever has right now so we’ll see if he can get it turned around in a few years.

Bothrops
12-14-2018, 01:47 PM
Arkansas may be considered the Kentucky of the West and ole miss the Vandy for the next few years.

Kentucky would be a big upgrade for Arkansas.

RougeDawg
12-14-2018, 02:27 PM

This is the problem. Criminalizing drugs. Decriminalize them and you solve a large majority of our criminal activity in this nation. The failure of the war on drugs and our drug laws is not even up for debate and we have treated small amounts of possession as intent to distribute. Criminalizing drugs is just a modern day method of control over certain personsit really issad that most Americans are duped by the war on drugs.

Here?s a tip. Go look up which industry is currently purchasing up marijuana land and farms in states where legal. There you will find the biggest driver on our great** war on drugs. I

BigEasyDawg
12-14-2018, 06:20 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-lb-dee-walker-arrested-for-drug-possession-found-with-loaded-ar-15/?fbclid=IwAR2rmlIQf1Fg6LINzh10SiTIh5OuU15AD8k5a5J3 wNOYPpXsTxhP8nTPQq4

Remember when they thought them flirting with our Pom squad was bad?

Was he selling them to Yancy?

Todd4State
12-15-2018, 12:37 AM
Arkansas’s problem is Arkansas itself. The university, fan base and culture isn’t conductive to attracting and keeping top flight coaches. The last staff had way too much interference from boosters and university officials to be successful.

You may be right about the boosters- I'm honestly not 100% sure. I know Morris is Jerry Jones's choice and I would think someone with football insight like Jones would be more of a helpful thing than hurtful.

Arkansas is in a similar situation to Tennessee; not much talent in its backyard with recruiting advantages further away it used to have continually shrinking. The job is getting harder, but the expectations are holding steady. It's a recipe for turmoil and mediocrity as long as its fanbase resists waking up to reality.

I think you are right. Although I would say Arkansas probably has even less talent than Tennessee. Their fans expect to win like it's still 1969. But they aren't a blueblood.

Dawg61
12-15-2018, 01:15 AM
Here?s a tip. Go look up which industry is currently purchasing up marijuana land and farms in states where legal. There you will find the biggest driver on our great** war on drugs. I

I looked it up and didn't find what you're referencing. Can you be more specific with maybe an article linked please thanks. Drugs will never be decriminalized because there's too many mouths feeding off the billion dollar prison system business and the 13th amendment allows for legal slaves as long as they are convicted of a crime so way too many big businesses are using inmates as dirt cheap labor to compete vs China and other countries that pay dogshit to their workers. The prison system in America is basically like the movie the Matrix except they don't implant interesting stories for the human cattle to enjoy while they are being used as slaves.

TUSK
12-15-2018, 01:25 AM
I looked it up and didn't find what you're referencing. Can you be more specific with maybe an article linked please thanks. Drugs will never be decriminalized because there's too many mouths feeding off the billion dollar prison system business and the 13th amendment allows for legal slaves as long as they are convicted of a crime so way too many big businesses are using inmates as dirt cheap labor to compete vs China and other countries that pay dogshit to their workers. The prison system in America is basically like the movie the Matrix except they don't implant interesting stories for the human cattle to enjoy while they are being used as slaves.

1) There is an industry coming up with future pot growing... Speculators are already driving a market.
2) The "Legal Slaves" you mentioned are mostly a myth...and, even if it were true, it can't compete with communist country labor rates.
3) Im a yuge fan of "The Matrix".