PDA

View Full Version : Outback Bowl Ticket Sales

wild_dawg
12-12-2018, 02:20 PM
How many do yall think we bring? Saw on an Iowa message board that they are close to selling their 8k allotment (not sure if thats true or not). I'll be in Tampa with 4 others, Hail State!

Mobile Bay
12-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Still can't make up my mind if I want to go or not. 7 hours drive by myself each way and two days vacation from work.

Jack Lambert
12-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Still can't make up my mind if I want to go or not. 7 hours drive by myself each way and two days vacation from work.

I am going but I have to decide do I want to pay the ticket office for crappy seats in the corner but I can buy three or have to buy four in better seats third market but over pay because I have to buy four.

sleepy dawg
12-12-2018, 03:07 PM
I am going but I have to decide do I want to pay the ticket office for crappy seats in the corner but I can buy three or have to buy four in better seats third market but over pay because I have to buy four.

I "overpaid"... It's over paying b/c of the face value I guess, but I don't think the value is off for what I paid on StubHub. I am very pleased with my seats and they aren't really any more than those seats would've cost at a home MSU game on Stubhub for a big game. After the Orange Bowl, I made the decision to never buy bowl tickets again from MSU. I had been screwed too many times by that point.

Jarius
12-12-2018, 03:12 PM

I wish I could go. Hope you and everyone else that possibly can go decides to make the trip!

Leroy Jenkins
12-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Last bowl tickets I got from MSU was liberty bowl vs UCF in the freezing endzone. It sucked.

Lord McBuckethead
12-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Bowl games need to leave an entire sideline for the two schools to fill. Something like the between the 40s or something. Then leave the endzone seats for the schools.
They need to offer something better than the worst seats in the house.

timotheus
12-12-2018, 05:19 PM
We got our directly from the bowl site. 4 butts in a seat.

Pit Bull
12-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Last bowl tickets I got from MSU was liberty bowl vs UCF in the freezing endzone. It sucked.

I was in the corner endzone in the Liberty too, but the way that stadium is shaped.....pretty much all the seats were decent. Of course, if you just don't like endzone seats regardless, then, you'll never like them anywhere. If I am high up enough, then endzone seats aren't too bad. If they are real low, then it's kind of crappy.

Pit Bull
12-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Bowl games need to leave an entire sideline for the two schools to fill. Something like the between the 40s or something. Then leave the endzone seats for the schools.
They need to offer something better than the worst seats in the house.

That's what most of us fans think should be the way it is too, but the bowls save the best sideline seats for their local fans and supporters.

Pit Bull
12-12-2018, 07:17 PM
How many do yall think we bring? Saw on an Iowa message board that they are close to selling their 8k allotment (not sure if thats true or not). I'll be in Tampa with 4 others, Hail State!

I'm guessing about 15K, but a lot of those will not be through the MSU ticket office. I had previously guessed Iowa would bring about 10K, so that sounds about right.

Bothrops
12-12-2018, 07:23 PM

That game is always cold.

RocketDawg
12-12-2018, 08:27 PM
I was in the corner endzone in the Liberty too, but the way that stadium is shaped.....pretty much all the seats are pretty decent. Of course, if you just don't like endzone seats regardless, then, you'll never like them anywhere. If I am high up enough, then endzone seats aren't too bad. If they are real low, then it's kind of crappy.

I was at that game, and sat about where you did. As I recall, we were about halfway up, and I didn't like the view at all. My seats at Davis Wade at the time were on about the 40 though. Just getting into the stadium put a person in a bad mood ... entered the gate indicated on the ticket, then had to walk halfway around the stadium to get to the seat. And the concourse was shoulder-to-shoulder packed with UCF fans. I'm not sure why they took that as such a big game ... I suppose they assumed they'd knock off one of the big boys -- much like they do now.

RocketDawg
12-12-2018, 08:30 PM
That's what most of us fans think should be the way it is too, but the bowls save the best sideline seats for their local fans and supporters.

They'd sell a lot more tickets through the schools, and probably overall, if they gave a decent number of seats (maybe 2K each school) on the sidelines. Charge more if they have to. The ticket price is a small part of what people spend to go to the game anyway.

msudawg1200
12-12-2018, 08:46 PM

Got mine on Stubhub and sat on about the 35 20 rows up behind the State bench for about 30 dollars cheaper than those seats you got through State, because I first contacting the school but said screw that after finding out the location and price.

KnightHawk
12-12-2018, 09:10 PM
I'm guessing about 15K, but a lot of those will not be through the MSU ticket office. I had previously guessed Iowa would bring about 10K, so that sounds about right.

We've typically taken 30K to Tampa, but there probably is a bit of Outback fatigue, so I would imagine it will drop to around 20K.

http://www.punditarena.com/uncategorized/bbarry/fans-experience-pro-football-v-college-football/

An estimated 35,000 travelled to Tampa from Iowa, compared to just 6,500 from Louisiana. Both were long trips, particularly Iowa, with a fan telling me that he had driven 27 hours to make the game. All in all it made for a great atmosphere at the game.

drummerdawg
12-12-2018, 09:40 PM

I'd be disappointed if all we brought was 15k.

Maroonthirteen
12-12-2018, 10:24 PM
I'd be disappointed if all we brought was 15k.

We will have 5-10k there

Bothrops
12-12-2018, 10:43 PM
We will have 12-18k there

Pit Bull
12-13-2018, 02:28 AM
We've typically taken 30K to Tampa, but there probably is a bit of Outback fatigue, so I would imagine it will drop to around 20K.

http://www.punditarena.com/uncategorized/bbarry/fans-experience-pro-football-v-college-football/

An estimated 35,000 travelled to Tampa from Iowa, compared to just 6,500 from Louisiana. Both were long trips, particularly Iowa, with a fan telling me that he had driven 27 hours to make the game. All in all it made for a great atmosphere at the game.

Didn't know Iowa was a county in Florida right next to Tampa Bay.

StarkVegasSteve
12-13-2018, 12:04 PM
We will have 5-10k there

Originally I thought this would probably be the number, but it seems more people are going than I anticipated. I'd expect we'll have between 14-16K there. Which I think is a pretty good crowd for a bowl game in Tampa. I think our numbers will look low by the number of tickets we sell through the athletic dept. but I think a majority of fans will buy through the secondary markets. Right now you can get club level on our side for a little over $100 which is considerably cheaper than what their being sold for through the athletic dept.(which is $170).

Political Hack
12-13-2018, 12:18 PM
If we have over 10,000 there I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Yeah. I’m going the stubhub route

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2018, 04:10 PM
Yeah. I’m going the stubhub route

I was just looking at Stubhub. There aren't near as many tickets available compared to the Gator last year, and the prices are about 3x what they were by this point last year. For the Gator, I got 8 tickets together on about the 20, 15 rows up, for $200. Comparable tixs for the Outback are about $95 a pop right now.

I think we might have a respectable turnout.

drunkernhelldawg
12-13-2018, 05:44 PM
Seems to be less excitement over bowl games than in the past. I hope we make a good showing.

Pit Bull
12-13-2018, 06:31 PM
Got a recorded message from Fitz to buy tickets to the bowl game today.....I have bought mine, but they were not through the MSU office. I hardly know of anybody buying them through MSU. Sales must be slow through MSU in order to send out a Fitz robo call.

RocketDawg
12-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Got a recorded message from Fitz to buy tickets to the bowl game today.....I have bought mine, but they were not through the MSU office. I hardly know of anybody buying them through MSU. Sales must be slow through MSU in order to send out a Fitz robo call.

I got one of those a week or two ago, maybe even before we knew which bowl. It might be a routine thing instead of indicative of slow sales.

Goldendawg
12-13-2018, 09:12 PM
Seems to be less excitement over bowl games than in the past. I hope we make a good showing.

Can't imagine why with 250 bowls now being played.****

fccee1
12-13-2018, 09:45 PM

Cant believe this BS

KnightHawk
12-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Cant believe this BS

Why? We had 40,000 at the Orange Bowl and took over 55,000 to Pasadena a few years ago.

Many Iowa alums choose to venture outside the state due to weather, career opportunities, etc, so we're spread out all over the place. We have a very strong Iowa Club in Tampa.

https://www.tampabayiowaclub.com/

ScottH
12-14-2018, 12:21 PM

I will be also.

The Florida bowls sound great to most until they start planning travel.

TUSK
12-14-2018, 06:36 PM

That seems light given the variables... I figured you cats would "send a message" to Outback and other "Bowl Folks"...

What gives?

bobcat91
12-14-2018, 06:49 PM
That seems light given the variables... I figured you cats would "send a message" to Outback and other "Bowl Folks"...

What gives?

There is no message. We yell and scream that we are getting screwed over and then barely show up. The tickets from the MSU AD should have been sold out the first day. When I went to the Orange Bowl, we had a pitiful group. Maybe 12 k. In Charlotte, maybe 8 k. Yet 15 to 20k can go to the CWS. We should never complain about where we go because to only bowl we ever fill is the Liberty because it's a 2 to 3 hour drive.

Howboutdemdogs
12-14-2018, 07:46 PM
I believe we will have about 12K there from us and about 15K from Iowa. We will have 4 there. Buying tickets through MSU is always a heated debate in our family. Yes, we have been royally 17?ed at multiple bowls. However, the Misic City and the last Gator was wonderful for us. The end of all arguments with siblings is that no matter where they buy their tickets, I will always support the University and buy tickets through the school. Do I get the HBI ( Hot Beef Injection ) sometimes, yes; but I just feel strong to support the ticket office. Just really wish the University will prevent the crappy seats sometimes.

monroedawg5646
12-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Fitz called me a couple weeks ago and talked me into ordering through the ticket office. I had no intention of going because of work. I just wanted to do my part and it was a steal on the BDC points. They came today. Section 146 Row N.

Pit Bull
12-14-2018, 09:03 PM
So Iowa said their original allotment was 8K. I assume ours was the same? Wonder if we've sold it out yet? I'm sure we would have had everyone bought through the MSU office.

RougeDawg
12-14-2018, 09:36 PM
Got 4 through the school. StubHub isn?t much of a deal this year and we need to support the program. If we don?t have 15k minimum it will be a disappointment. Tampa is the easiest Florida Bowl to get to. Plenty of flight options for. cheap.

Todd4State
12-14-2018, 11:21 PM
I believe we will have about 12K there from us and about 15K from Iowa. We will have 4 there. Buying tickets through MSU is always a heated debate in our family. Yes, we have been royally 17?ed at multiple bowls. However, the Misic City and the last Gator was wonderful for us. The end of all arguments with siblings is that no matter where they buy their tickets, I will always support the University and buy tickets through the school. Do I get the HBI ( Hot Beef Injection ) sometimes, yes; but I just feel strong to support the ticket office. Just really wish the University will prevent the crappy seats sometimes.

I think the crappy seats is much more on the bowls than the MSU AD. I think what has happened is we have been to enough bowls now that our fans know that no matter where we go- buying through MSU = corner of the end zone seats.

We bash it sometimes- but I would add that the Liberty Bowl has been good to us too. Same with the Peach Bowl.

I'll also add that some of our attendance issues are due to losing the Egg Bowl plus Dan trying to leave constantly just left a bad taste in a lot of our fans mouths as far as going to the bowl. I mean, if the coach isn't invested, why spend holiday time, money and effort in going? Especially when you go from potentially going from the Sugar Bowl to the freaking Belk Bowl or from the Citrus Bowl to the Gator Bowl without the star QB.

I expect us to have a fairly strong showing- I'm thinking Gator Bowl 2010.

cheewgumm
12-15-2018, 01:43 AM
We?re gonna stomp Iowa, regardless of how many show up.

They can?t handle us THIS year .

Pit Bull
12-15-2018, 02:31 AM
I think the crappy seats is much more on the bowls than the MSU AD. I think what has happened is we have been to enough bowls now that our fans know that no matter where we go- buying through MSU = corner of the end zone seats.

We bash it sometimes- but I would add that the Liberty Bowl has been good to us too. Same with the Peach Bowl.

I'll also add that some of our attendance issues are due to losing the Egg Bowl plus Dan trying to leave constantly just left a bad taste in a lot of our fans mouths as far as going to the bowl. I mean, if the coach isn't invested, why spend holiday time, money and effort in going? Especially when you go from potentially going from the Sugar Bowl to the freaking Belk Bowl or from the Citrus Bowl to the Gator Bowl without the star QB.

I expect us to have a fairly strong showing- I'm thinking Gator Bowl 2010.

That would be strong....I was at the Michigan game and I would say we had between 20-30K there. Michigan barely had 10K. I would be really happy if we could get 20K+ to Tampa. Anything less will only give the Outback Committee fuel to reject us in the future.

Pit Bull
12-15-2018, 02:33 AM

I'm going and I have twice the distance you have.

Todd4State
12-15-2018, 03:19 AM
That would be strong....I was at the Michigan game and I would say we had between 20-30K there. Michigan barely had 10K. I would be really happy if we could get 20K+ to Tampa. Anything less will only give the Outback Committee fuel to reject us in the future.

Michigan's crowd was mostly influenced by the fact that Rich Rodriguez was a lame duck coach at that point. How a team does and finishes influences the crowd and that's another example. I expect Iowa to bring a better crowd than Michigan did that year unless I'm underestimating whether they have Outback Bowl fatigue or not.

I am planning on going because I like the new staff better than Dan and I also think that we need a good showing as well. The Outback Bowl is the only SEC bowl that I am aware of that has an issue with us.

Pit Bull
12-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Looking at the Outback Bowl website stadium ticket availability, it does appear the Big Ten side is selling much more briskly than the SEC side. This is just the public sales. Not sure how the MSU and Iowa office sales are going, but if I had to guess, it appears the Big Ten school twice the distance from Tampa than us is selling significantly better. I'm a little surprised at that. Of course we are a much poorer state than Iowa and the $170 tickets may be a bit much for a lot of our fanbase.

BogeyGolfer
12-15-2018, 12:47 PM
we will have 15-18K...Looking at the past 10 years or so the average attendance is about 50K, and I think this crowd will push 60K. I expect a nice crowd on both sides. We got three tickets, hotel and flight pretty dang cheap....