PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Story by Rosebowl on Matt Wyatt's Show...

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 11:24 AM
"When Mullen was on the way out the door at MSU, a few MSU administrators asked Mullen: "What advice would you give the new coach?"

Mullen's response was, "Hire Tony Hughes no matter what it cost."

I think it says a lot about about the culture of the MSU program & what we've built that guys like Hughes & even Hud have wanted to come back & coach at MSU again.

Welcome back Coach Hughes! It's awesome to have coaches that see MSU as the special place that us fans do.

Jack Lambert
12-12-2018, 11:54 AM
I bet as long as Cohen is AD Diaz will never come back to State. I wondered how much influence did Cohen have on the Hughes hire? Also I think State should hire his son to work in the AD office.

Lord McBuckethead
12-12-2018, 12:55 PM
My question would be, what are our limitations on a football coaching staff as far as salary?
I would assume we would have around 8-10 million a year to work with for the overall staff.
Hire the right coaches, no matter the amount of money, build a dynasty, and then make money hand over fist.

Dawgology
12-12-2018, 01:44 PM
My question would be, what are our limitations on a football coaching staff as far as salary?
I would assume we would have around 8-10 million a year to work with for the overall staff.
Hire the right coaches, no matter the amount of money, build a dynasty, and then make money hand over fist.

Exactly...but it is a State of Mississippi mentality to not understand that upfront, good investment with enough money creates success and more money down the line.

Rick Danko
12-12-2018, 01:56 PM
Was this on today show or yesterday?

BiscuitEater
12-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Mullen 'should' have also said .. "find a good DC and keep him longer than one year."

LC Dawg
12-12-2018, 03:43 PM
If Mullen said that it's because he had already reached out to Hughes about going to Florida and Hughes told him he wanted to stay in the state.

MaroonFlounder
12-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Agree about Tony. I would love for us to find a spot on the staff very soon for Jay.

Also, BUMPHIS.